2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a group together to play the 36-hole special At the Old Course and Marianna would be a blast, Been trying to get a group together to do that for a little over a year, but can never get enough people at the same time.

Just played the Old Course a week ago. Enjoy walking that course.

I might've been inclined to join you except that I'm playing Red Hawk Ridge the next day. My wife and kids are leaving for Sweden early on 6/24, so I'm looking to get an early (8am) tee time somewhere. I'm thinking Riverdale Dunes since that is no longer in my golf league rotation. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Apparently 29 is the age when golf related injuries start happening.

Just wait 'til you hit 40. Ow. This is the first year that I have pain in my hips after I golf. That can't be good.

Probably from hitting 3-iron 260 :golfer:

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Mariana Butte is absolutely worth the drive. If you factor in price, it is one of the best courses on the front range in my opinion.

They do a 36-hole special out there where you play the old course and marianna butte for less than $100 with cart. I really want to do that one day.

Getting a group together to play the 36-hole special At the Old Course and Marianna would be a blast, Been trying to get a group together to do that for a little over a year, but can never get enough people at the same time.

I'd be down for that. Although this would require CINCHOUSE (Command-in-chief) approval.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I might've been inclined to join you except that I'm playing Red Hawk Ridge the next day. My wife and kids are leaving for Sweden early on 6/24, so I'm looking to get an early (8am) tee time somewhere. I'm thinking Riverdale Dunes since that is no longer in my golf league rotation. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I would love to play early that day.....until you mentioned Riverdale :D

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Joining up @ Meridian tomorrow.

#feelsgoodman

Congrats man, that's awesome. I've heard there's a good group out there so you'll definitely have fun!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Joining up @ Meridian tomorrow.

#feelsgoodman

Congrats man, that's awesome. I've heard there's a good group out there so you'll definitely have fun!

Thx... first time joining somewhere private. Really looking forward to a good pace of play and I'm sure a good group. It would be nice to have a regular group for once!

In totally unrelated news, my 9-year-old and I went to the taping of American Ninja Warrior at Civic Center Park last night. That was a lot of fun.

Last night were the playoffs for the spring TopGolf league...my teammate and I won it for a 3rd season in a row.

Congrats! How much does it cost? I know there is a fee to join, but do you also have to pay every week for bay time? And what do you win?

Might be a fun thing for us south-side WRXers to do.

Last night were the playoffs for the spring TopGolf league...my teammate and I won it for a 3rd season in a row.

Congrats! How much does it cost? I know there is a fee to join, but do you also have to pay every week for bay time? And what do you win?

Might be a fun thing for us south-side WRXers to do.

I went to Top Golf for drinks yesterday....unfortunately they don't believe in happy hour. But we wanted a good patio since it was nice out.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Any South-siders interested in playing Saturday morning early at Saddle Rock? I just booked 6:30am for me... as of 10pm this evening there are two more spots open. I'll be walking and playing the short hitter tees... if that sounds like anyone's cup of tea, it'd be fun to meet up!

If I weren't already playing I'd be interested.

In totally unrelated news, my 9-year-old and I went to the taping of American Ninja Warrior at Civic Center Park last night. That was a lot of fun.

Sounds fun. However, nothing compares to the OG Ninja Warrior.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Finally got out again for 9 today at South suburban. I've been super busy lately so I ha ent even been able to practice. Interesting day. Drove the ball really well, hitting 5/7 fairways and the ones I missed weren't far off. I almost drove the first green coming up only a yard short, which I birdied. My iron game was pretty good, only having 1 bad shot, hitting 6/9 greens (fairway bunker with no good angle to the green, pulled a bit left on a par 3, and chunked an approach). Chipping was meh on the 2/3 (one was awesome to save par). Putting was dreadful with 22 putts and a 4-putt for a +8 (44) overall :(. Had a birdie, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, and 2 triples.

I loathe the greens at South suburban which probably played a factor. They're really intimidating to me, so my distance control was terrible out of fear of going past the hole since I had many downhill or big breaking putts.

I'm pretty damn happy with the other parts of my game though. I swung the club quite well. I really feel like Montes clinic helped a lot, even though the adjustments I made were minor.

If I can play like this on Saturday and clean up my putting a bit, it should be a great day and hopefully win some net skins. Excited to see what my game does this season.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Any South-siders interested in playing Saturday morning early at Saddle Rock? I just booked 6:30am for me... as of 10pm this evening there are two more spots open. I'll be walking and playing the short hitter tees... if that sounds like anyone's cup of tea, it'd be fun to meet up!

Another weekend!

I was looking at the weather, and things don't look to promising for Saturday... hopefully getting out early, I'll be able to finish before storms roll in.

Tim...

If I ever hit 5 fairways and 6 greens on a single side, I might cry tears of joy.

Another weekend!

I was looking at the weather, and things don't look to promising for Saturday... hopefully getting out early, I'll be able to finish before storms roll in.

Tim...

If I ever hit 5 fairways and 6 greens on a single side, I might cry tears of joy.

Haha mixed with tears of anger from putting. Thanks :)

Edel E-1

Another weekend!

Tim...

Haha mixed with tears of anger from putting. Thanks :)

Those greens at South Suburban a tough especially if you get in the wrong spot. You can't always go by the number of putts. Did you feel like you were rolling it well, starting on-line etc. I have days where I'll have a ton of putts but it's because I either 1) hit to the wrong spot on the green 2) completely misread the putt 3) Speed control was just a bit off. Any of those can quickly add to the number of putts. On the greens, I try to first find the line I want to hit the putt on (I normally play die speed), align my ball to that. Once I address the ball all I have to worry about is speed. Since I've been using this method I'm averaging 30 putts/round. I will note that I have spent quite a bit of time working on my stroke and lag putting.

When are we going to get out?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Mariana Butte is absolutely worth the drive. If you factor in price, it is one of the best courses on the front range in my opinion.

They do a 36-hole special out there where you play the old course and marianna butte for less than $100 with cart. I really want to do that one day.

I can do the weekend of 10-11 June if we want to get this going.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Here is an example of my putting improvement since the beginning of May. I know it's only 4 rounds but..

Need to improve the 6-15 range but overall happy with the improvement.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Those greens at South Suburban a tough especially if you get in the wrong spot. You can't always go by the number of putts. Did you feel like you were rolling it well, starting on-line etc. I have days where I'll have a ton of putts but it's because I either 1) hit to the wrong spot on the green 2) completely misread the putt 3) Speed control was just a bit off. Any of those can quickly add to the number of putts. On the greens, I try to first find the line I want to hit the putt on (I normally play die speed), align my ball to that. Once I address the ball all I have to worry about is speed. Since I've been using this method I'm averaging 30 putts/round. I will note that I have spent quite a bit of time working on my stroke and lag putting.

I definitely struggled with picking the right line, which ended up with some terrible next putts. I tried to focus on distance control primarily but I was too tentative on some putts which screwed me too. I haven't putted all that bad lately so I'm hoping it's an anomaly.

As for playing, I have to take a good look at my schedule. It's pretty packed with kids swim team and men's club in the next 6wks, then vacation. Maybe we can squeeze 9 in after work though...

How is the new baby?

Edel E-1

I definitely struggled with picking the right line, which ended up with some terrible next putts. I tried to focus on distance control primarily but I was too tentative on some putts which screwed me too. I haven't putted all that bad lately so I'm hoping it's an anomaly.

As for playing, I have to take a good look at my schedule. It's pretty packed with kids swim team and men's club in the next 6wks, then vacation. Maybe we can squeeze 9 in after work though...

How is the new baby?

I may be able to make that work. I'm not too far from GVR.

Brandon is doing good. Still on oxygen but that's normal for a baby born 5 weeks early. We're (mostly my wife) still trying to get him on a good night sleep schedule so she can get some sleep. Some days are good, some not so. But he's sleeps a ton during the day. He might be a night owl like my wife.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Here is an example of my putting improvement since the beginning of May. I know it's only 4 rounds but..

Need to improve the 6-15 range but overall happy with the improvement.

That's impressive. What app are you using to track your stats? If I could average even 32 putts per round, my handicap would be close to yours! To be more realistic lol, I'd like to get my average putts per round to 35-36. I just looked at my scorecard again from yesterday, and I had 4 3-putts and 1 4-putt...for 9 freaking holes lol.

And we don't have to play GVR. In fact, that's a bit of a hike for me since I live close to South Suburban. I only joined the men's club there because I have a couple friends there, and I'm pretty familiar with the course since I worked on a project out at DIA for a number of years.

Edel E-1

Using Get Real Golf Stats. So far I like it, it's helped me (being a stat junkie) narrow in where I'm losing strokes on a consistent basis and let's me know where I need to improve. It's probably a bit more expensive than I'd like and haven't decided if I'm going to renew. At this point I probably will because I think it's helped.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I would but already playing at 1:00. A friend of a friend is celebrating 40. 40... Man, that was so long ago...

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I would but already playing at 1:00. A friend of a friend is celebrating 40. 40... Man, that was so long ago...

Not sure how I missed the baby's birth! Congrats, and I hope he's chugging along and getting big and strong. Get some sleep (says the guy who doesn't heed his own advice.) Lou sleeps all day. Last night was the first night she slept in her bassinet for more than 10 mins. Suffice to say, it was a good night.

My wife was 9 weeks early back in 1987. It's amazing how far we've come with infant care. Glad to hear the little dude is doing well.

Raccoon Creek is actually a bit pricey. $56 for walking.

It's a good walking course. I would play it more often if it was in the low $40 range.