2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

M2 vs. Aeroburner vs. RBZ

jrwingate6

I'm in the market for a new driver. I usually buy the year old models for cost savings.

Besides loft adjustability in the RBZ and M2, are there any other major differences in regards to performance?

Does the M2 cost more due to its name or is it actually worth the extra money?

While we are on the topic, does anyone know if and when TM will release another Burner or RBZ model?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the market for a new driver. I usually buy the year old models for cost savings.

Besides loft adjustability in the RBZ and M2, are there any other major differences in regards to performance?

While we are on the topic, does anyone know if and when TM will release another Burner or RBZ model?

you can probably go to Dick's and hit all 3 to see, since they routinely carry 2 year old models.

Hey there, I have tried all three and I currently have the M2. Based on my personal experience, not sure if it will apply to you, the M2 worked the best for me.

The RBZ and the Aeroburner was so erratic for me that I sold them quickly. The RBZ I got really cheap that's why I bought it even without testing it. The Aerobruner, I really liked how it looked so I bought it cheap as well. The problem I had with the Aeroburner was it was too long and too light. The RBZ, as far as I remember, had enough weight but was also too long.

The M2 grew on me when I got the grip replaced with a Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound midsize. The feel changed dramatically and it felt heavier when it was in stock grip. I never got fitted for these clubs, because we don't have a reputable fitter in our area but we do have access to a GC2 or FlighScope at least. I was happy with my 915 D2 which I used the whole summer last year but the M2 blew it away with the extra distance I am getting.

I know clubs are maxed out and I used to believe that I can hit all drivers the same distance but I guess the M2 fits me better and my eye at address that it gives me extra confidence to really go hard at the golf ball. I got increased ball speed, club head speed and total yardage from the switch.

I know I cringe when I read reviews or comments on the internet that a club gave the owner 10 to 30 yards and tell myself, yeah right. But this M2 did that as I used to average 230 yards on my drives using my D2 and my old Fly Z, in real life and in a controlled environment using GC2 indoors. With the M2, I am now averaging 245 to 250 indoors. I have yet to try it outdoors, still waiting for the snow to melt, but I am excited for this summer.

Of all the long list of Taylormade drivers that I owned and tried, only M2 is the one that seemed to be a good fit for me.

M2 will outperform RBZ and Aeroburner.

Considering they can be had for $200ish right now on BST, definitely worth it.

I don't believe we'll see another run of Burner's or RBZ's.....hopefully they both ran their course.

you can probably go to Dick's and hit all 3 to see, since they routinely carry 2 year old models.

Yea they do. To bad most are right handed and the few left handed models aren't the loft I'm looking for.

Yea they do. To bad most are right handed and the few left handed models aren't the loft I'm looking for.

Try Canada. Many more left-overs there. Pun intended.

Ab with a little hot melt and the right shaft is simply amazing. The 2016 m1 and m2 couldn't kick it out of the bag. Besides you can pick up a tour issue head (new) for $100 and invest in a better shaft.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Ab with a little hot melt and the right shaft is simply amazing. The 2016 m1 and m2 couldn't kick it out of the bag. Besides you can pick up a tour issue head (new) for $100 and invest in a better shaft.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know if you saw my most recent post about drivers but basically, the '16 and '17 M1/M2 along with the Epics weren't anywhere near as far as my 5 year old Burner.

I would love to find a tour issue head but I'm left handed.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know if you saw my most recent post about drivers but basically, the '16 and '17 M1/M2 along with the Epics weren't anywhere near as far as my 5 year old Burner.

Missed you being left handed. Guess I'm lucky the only clubs I could find as kid were right handed.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Missed you being left handed. Guess I'm lucky the only clubs I could find as kid were right handed.

LOL....Nobody in my family honestly knows how I became left handed because I am a very right handed person. I throw and write with my right hand and swing a club, bat and stick left handed. My father thinks a became left handed while playing hockey at a young age.

Anyway, sometimes it works out being left handed in golf. Clubs on the used market seem to run a little cheaper than their right handed counterparts.

My misses with the M2 weren't nearly as bad as they were with the RBZ or the Aeroburner. The Aeroburner never sat right with me because the shaft was too long and too light.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Any opinions on the aeroburner vs M2 fairway woods? Many opinions I see posted is that the M2 has a upright lie angle.

Yes m2 lie angle is upright I believe 60-62 but I'm not positive on the exact specs. My tour issued aeroburner yardbirds has a lie angle of 57.1 which is quite a bit flatter. The retail tp lie angle is flatter than the non version aeroburner. I'm a drawer of the ball so I prefer the flatter lie angle. I think the people's clubs does lie angle adjustments.

I currently have a RBZ with Fujikura pro63 tour spec and a M2 with Fujikura SIX tour spec in my bag and I am hitting the RBZ 20-40 yards further. It may be the shaft difference but to me the rbz is longer and feels a lot better. So maybe you should try both with a variety of shafts to see what works best for you since it seems they vary drastically from person to person

For my experience the M2 was super hot off the face with great accuracy. Well worth every penny for me, gaining distance and accuracy.

Ditto, I came from an R15 I was actually hitting well to an M2 that I was still getting adjusted to. Even my "perceived" mishits were going farther than the R15. It's definitely the hottest of the 3. Also, FWIW driver is the weakest part of my game.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone using the aeroburner TP? I am looking at that vs the M2 right now and trying to see which to get. They are both currently the same price but just trying to find the best one. I know that the Aeroburner has a longer shaft than the M2 but I'm trying to see what people using them or who have used them think about the two.

I've never been a fan of the m1 or m2 drivers. I've been gaming a tour issue ab and it's a long forgiving machine. Picked up a tour issue ab 5w and it's the best club in the bag. Just my 2 cents.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

I have had 2 M2's and neither kicked the RBZ out of the bag. On solid shots the M2 was +/- 5 yards longer, but the RBZ has the edge in forgiveness.

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Is anyone using the aeroburner TP? I am looking at that vs the M2 right now and trying to see which to get. They are both currently the same price but just trying to find the best one. I know that the Aeroburner has a longer shaft than the M2 but I'm trying to see what people using them or who have used them think about the two.

For me the ABTP launched higher with more spin. The carry was slightly longer than the M2. The lower spin with the M2 provides a lot more run out though, so more total distance. I really like them both, but I'm playing the M2.

• 2 weeks later...

M2 are quite possibly the best woods ever made by any manufacturer. If you choose M2 you will not be disappointed. You might save a little going with one of the others, but to me M2 are just too good to pass up.

PING G400 Max 

PING G400 3 wood

Still Searching for something in between

PING S55 4-PW

Vokey 50, 56, 60

Odyssey AI ONE Milled #1

Pro V1