E-Wheels

kush614

Thats why I bought Rovic to replace my 3.5+. Only negative is that you lose the brakes

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Thats why I bought Rovic to replace my 3.5+. Only negative is that you lose the brakes

Yeah was thinking about going Rovic w/ swivel front wheel. Although i heard it actually is it’s own version of pain in the a**; better turning than the Clicgear but more willing to go offline when trying to go straight. It has brakes, right, but you loose them because they’re on the back wheels? I did find that when i parked the 3.5 + ewheels on a slope, the natural brake of the e-wheels wasn’t enough and I did need to engage the 3.5 brake a few times. I guess I’ll have to be mindful of that if I switch over to the Rovic.

How has your experience been with the Rovic now compared to the 3.5? Pros and cons to switching?

Yeah was thinking about going Rovic w/ swivel front wheel. Although i heard it actually is it’s own version of pain in the a**; better turning than the Clicgear but more willing to go offline when trying to go straight. It has brakes, right, but you loose them because they’re on the back wheels? I did find that when i parked the 3.5 + ewheels on a slope, the natural brake of the e-wheels wasn’t enough and I did need to engage the 3.5 brake a few times. I guess I’ll have to be mindful of that if I switch over to the Rovic.

How has your experience been with the Rovic now compared to the 3.5? Pros and cons to switching?

The Rovic RV1S is a swivel front wheel and works like a tank with the eWheels. It has brakes, but after installation of the eWheels brackets they no longer exist. One point to ponder though... the RV1S has a level under the handle that will lock the front wheel into place helping it track straighter, especially on side slopes.

TSR3 9º Driver - Helium Black 5F5 @ 45.5”     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Recoil Proto Utility 110F5

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange - SuperStroke Flatso 1.0

Pro V1 - Yellow

Like what he said above, it has a latch to lock the front wheel. So I lock it when i use it on the fairway. It is a lot easier to maneuver on the fairways and unlock it when I'm around the greens. It is easier for me to use with Rovic swivel than 3.5+. It has it's own cons but I think it still is better than 3.5+. Oh and you also lose the net compartment with rovic. Im planning to DIY it or get a cooler bag.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
IG airbong23

I had the 3.5 a while back but upgrade to the 8.0. Then ewheels came out and was estatic for it. Needless to say, a 4 wheeler with the ewheels wasn't a good choice. So I changed over to the Rovic. Definitely night and day in turning, but you do have the problem with the side hill lies / slanted fairways. it definitely becomes a hassle for some fairways / courses. I've gotten used to using it, but like in any case, you sacrifice something for improved turning. The cart is lighter and susceptible to tipping over. I need to get the wheelie bars. I got my own make shift net and zip tied one onto the bottom of the cart / handle area. I think you definitely go with the rovic, as it's just so much easier to handle and use with the ewheels.

Good luck and enjoy the device. I love it.

What's the general consensus on this thing? strongly thinking about getting one! also what is considered the best push cart to use with it? thanks

I just took mine out for the first time yesterday, and I was admittedly underwhelmed and frustrated by it.

In fairness, it was a very hilly course here in Denver with a little snow in spots (go figure, it doesnt do well in snow!).

Have it on a clicgear 3.5 with an Under Armour cart bag.

It honestly felt like I was babysitting something the entire round. I bought this so I could enjoy the walk, take in the beauty of the course, and have a more cerebral round. But it had the opposite effect.

I'll start with the cons:

• It just won't track straight. This is probably more of an issue with my clicgear and cart bag, as the cart bag wont sit on there very straight all the time. I've adjusted the front wheel on my clicgear 3.5 so it tracks straight, but it was terrible yesterday and always pushed to the left. I had to constantly adjust so it didnt run off into the fescue or down a steep hill. Which leads me to my next con:
  • Turning with the clicgear 3.5 is terrible. You have to have the EWheels on the slowest speed for it to really turn with any decency, but the slowest setting is too slow to walk with. So I found myself constantly adjusting the speed down so I could turn it tighter, then I'd push the speed back up.
  • The slowest speed is too slow. My bag couldn't be that heavy for a cart bag. 6.8lb UA bag is on the heavier side, but I wasnt carrying much with me other than clubs, a few balls, a windbreaker, and a water bottle.
  • It tips constantly. I think the wheelie bar is a requirement, even if your course is flat. I've played some flat courses, they still have little bumps and hills, especially around the greens, that would be enough to tip this thing. This was my first round out with my brand new Callaway X-Forged irons, and the damn thing spilled them all over the cart path 3-4 times. Even if you think your course is flat, I'd still recommend the wheelie bar.

Pros

• When it did work, it was nice. There were a handful of times I could just set it and start walking, and it did what it was supposed to do. Those times were rare, but when they did happen, it was lovely. I wanted to be more present on the walk and enjoy the course, but you end up messing with the remote in your hand 99% of the time trying to control the thing. So when it does work as intended, it's great.
  • This was my first round out after ACL reconstruction last November. Walking was great, this absolutely made it easier on the body. I'm not a fan of carrying a full set, especially for 18 holes on a long and hilly course. I have a Jones Original for a partial set when playing 9, but I wont take it 18. I'm trying to avoid taking carts as much as possible this year, so this ewheels will definitely help allow me to walk 18 more.

Just ordered an ewheels using the budgetgolf.com 15% off coupon. Is everyone who is using this still happy with it? Do you think the wheelie bar is a necessary accessory (my home course isn't too hilly, but there are a couple of steep walks between holes). I'll be installing on a bagboy triswivel 2. Anyone else using this push cart? If so, how was installation?

My opinion, but 1000% necessary, even on flat courses. I grew up in Indiana and played flat farmland courses. Even those courses had enough little bumps and hills, especially around the greens, that would tip this thing. I cant see any courses here around Denver that would be consistently flat enough to use this without the wheelie bars.

Of the people who have used both fixed front wheel and swivel, is swivel worth upgrading your cart? I have a Clicgear 3.5+ that I would sell and buy a Rovic RV1S, hopefully it would only set me back around $100 net. Is the swivel wheel really worth it?

This might be my path now. I took it out on the CG 3.5 yesterday and I think it was a bad experience. Turning was impossible at anything faster than the slowest speed, and I hated keeping it that slow. Made for a very frustrating round trying to nanny the pushcart all day.

Edit to add some pics:

umfHJLq.jpg

uRj3ZBs.jpg

lgQXcEk.jpg

Wow that’s the hill you tipped on? I’m not sure how you did that, I have a 4 wheel caddietek and went straight up hills 100+ yards that are about a 45* slope. I’m wondering maybe if you’re bag is top heavy, mine didn’t even try to tip back.

What's the general consensus on this thing? strongly thinking about getting one! also what is considered the best push cart to use with it? thanks

I just took mine out for the first time yesterday, and I was admittedly underwhelmed and frustrated by it.

In fairness, it was a very hilly course here in Denver with a little snow in spots (go figure, it doesnt do well in snow!).

It honestly felt like I was babysitting something the entire round. I bought this so I could enjoy the walk, take in the beauty of the course, and have a more cerebral round. But it had the opposite effect.

• It just won't track straight. This is probably more of an issue with my clicgear and cart bag, as the cart bag wont sit on there very straight all the time. I've adjusted the front wheel on my clicgear 3.5 so it tracks straight, but it was terrible yesterday and always pushed to the left. I had to constantly adjust so it didnt run off into the fescue or down a steep hill. Which leads me to my next con:
  • Turning with the clicgear 3.5 is terrible. You have to have the EWheels on the slowest speed for it to really turn with any decency, but the slowest setting is too slow to walk with. So I found myself constantly adjusting the speed down so I could turn it tighter, then I'd push the speed back up.
  • The slowest speed is too slow. My bag couldn't be that heavy for a cart bag. 6.8lb UA bag is on the heavier side, but I wasnt carrying much with me other than clubs, a few balls, a windbreaker, and a water bottle.
  • It tips constantly. I think the wheelie bar is a requirement, even if your course is flat. I've played some flat courses, they still have little bumps and hills, especially around the greens, that would be enough to tip this thing. This was my first round out with my brand new Callaway X-Forged irons, and the damn thing spilled them all over the cart path 3-4 times. Even if you think your course is flat, I'd still recommend the wheelie bar.

Pros

• When it did work, it was nice. There were a handful of times I could just set it and start walking, and it did what it was supposed to do. Those times were rare, but when they did happen, it was lovely. I wanted to be more present on the walk and enjoy the course, but you end up messing with the remote in your hand 99% of the time trying to control the thing. So when it does work as intended, it's great.
  • This was my first round out after ACL reconstruction last November. Walking was great, this absolutely made it easier on the body. I'm not a fan of carrying a full set, especially for 18 holes on a long and hilly course. I have a Jones Original for a partial set when playing 9, but I wont take it 18. I'm trying to avoid taking carts as much as possible this year, so this ewheels will definitely help allow me to walk 18 more.

Just ordered an ewheels using the budgetgolf.com 15% off coupon. Is everyone who is using this still happy with it? Do you think the wheelie bar is a necessary accessory (my home course isn't too hilly, but there are a couple of steep walks between holes). I'll be installing on a bagboy triswivel 2. Anyone else using this push cart? If so, how was installation?

My opinion, but 1000% necessary, even on flat courses. I grew up in Indiana and played flat farmland courses. Even those courses had enough little bumps and hills, especially around the greens, that would tip this thing. I cant see any courses here around Denver that would be consistently flat enough to use this without the wheelie bars.

Of the people who have used both fixed front wheel and swivel, is swivel worth upgrading your cart? I have a Clicgear 3.5+ that I would sell and buy a Rovic RV1S, hopefully it would only set me back around $100 net. Is the swivel wheel really worth it?

This might be my path now. I took it out on the CG 3.5 yesterday and I think it was a bad experience. Turning was impossible at anything faster than the slowest speed, and I hated keeping it that slow. Made for a very frustrating round trying to nanny the pushcart all day.

Edit to add some pics:

umfHJLq.jpg

uRj3ZBs.jpg

lgQXcEk.jpg

Wow that’s the hill you tipped on? I’m not sure how you did that, I have a 4 wheel caddietek and went straight up hills 100+ yards that are about a 45* slope. I’m wondering maybe if you’re bag is top heavy, mine didn’t even try to tip back.

Well, remember this is Colorado and the Denver foothills. What looks like flat is never actually flat. But I agree, it definitely shouldn't have tipped. Bag/cart doesnt seem top heavy, at least compared to what I would assume as being top heavy. Shrug...

Well, remember this is Colorado and the Denver foothills. What looks like flat is never actually flat. But I agree, it definitely shouldn't have tipped. Bag/cart doesnt seem top heavy, at least compared to what I would assume as being top heavy. Shrug...

Did you start it on the hill? Others have said that if you start it on a hill at a high speed it will tip easier. I ordered the wheelie bars just in case I need them, it didn't seem like I needed them though.

Did you start it on the hill? Others have said that if you start it on a hill at a high speed it will tip easier. I ordered the wheelie bars just in case I need them, it didn't seem like I needed them though.

Watch their videos, they explain how to address the tipping issues.

Nah, it tipped after going for a while. Usually was on speed 2 -3. I have the wheelie bars on their way (along with a Roving 1S). It's just too hilly in CO, changing bag weight isn't a sustainable option.

The wheelie bars work great unless the grass is wet - when my CG 3.5+ starts to tip back with the weight on the wheelie bars one or both of the motorized wheels will spin due to lack of traction and it will either turn to one side or the other or slide backwards. But otherwise I've been happy with them.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

They just released a video on the Alphard Golf Facebook page that shows a "retro fit kit" for the fixed wheel Clicgear (3.5) that has an additional wheel at the front like the Clicgear 8.0, but both front wheels move either left or right and looks very stable. Says coming this summer. If it's priced right, would be a good alternative for Clicgear 3.5 users before moving over to the Rovic

They just released a video on the Alphard Golf Facebook page that shows a "retro fit kit" for the fixed wheel Clicgear (3.5) that has an additional wheel at the front like the Clicgear 8.0, but both front wheels move either left or right and looks very stable. Says coming this summer. If it's priced right, would be a good alternative for Clicgear 3.5 users before moving over to the Rovic

Maybe I don't have to sell my clicgear 3.5+ then. I'll give it to my wife and buy another ewheel for it :)

IG airbong23

Maybe I don't have to sell my clicgear 3.5+ then. I'll give it to my wife and buy another ewheel for it :)

Check out the video and post here . Price says for $50, you basically take your back 2 wheels from your Clicgear (1-3.5) and throw them up front. Ugh, just got a brand new Rovic sitting here still in the box, maybe for anyone else like this just wait a couple months for this to come out before buying the Rovic.

Check out the video and post here . Price says for $50, you basically take your back 2 wheels from your Clicgear (1-3.5) and throw them up front. Ugh, just got a brand new Rovic sitting here still in the box, maybe for anyone else like this just wait a couple months for this to come out before buying the Rovic.

I’m torn on this and might still buy the Rovic. I’ve heard the ability to have the Rovic front wheel both swivel and lock is a huge benefit. Doesn’t look like this new contraption would allow a locked front wheel. And it looks really weird to me. I dunno...

I love the rovic. Except not able to use the brake. I'm thinking about putting a rubber door stopper with a long rubber band to park the cart side ways on the hills. I'll try it this week and see if it works.

IG airbong23

I'm looking forward to this new front wheel set up. Should make steering the 3.5 even easier.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Alot of players don't remember or have forgotten... the original SM 3-wheel push carts didn't have brakes. Even after the terrible Walmart style front wheel brake came out may of my members continued to use the non-brake version and even forgot the brake existed. Their solution to keeping the cart from moving when around green complexes was to park the cart with one of the rear wheels in an irrigation head.

As far as those having issue with carts tracking straight or tipping back going up hill, watch the video for great tips.

The cart has six speeds and when you stop, it will resume immediately back to the last speed. So if you're on speed 6 when you stop up hill guess what... it will immediately want to accelerate back to speed 6 making the cart become unbalance. I do know that newer versions of the cart will not do this and start back at a slower speed to help alleviate tipping issues.

In relation to carts not tracking straight, try using the cruise control option. This function helps the cart maintain the same speed on the flat, uphills, and downhills; it does this by syncing the two wheel motors to the same speed.

Can't stress enough to put a hand on the cart in tight quarters, in the parking lot, or in the cart staging area. Don't run anyone over!!!

If anyone has any question PM me.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 - Yellow

First I've seen of this but a great addition to assist the CG 3.5 users with better steering down the fairway. May add to additional stability over a Rovic RV1S; but be interested with this future front wheel accessory if it can back up with steering... The Rovic cart is the bomb with maneuverability. I use this set up personally on my demo.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 - Yellow

Can't stress enough to put a hand on the cart in tight quarters, in the parking lot, or in the cart staging area. Don't run anyone over!!!

Tip when you need to push, which I do in parking lots. You can hold the stop button for 5 seconds and the ewheels will go into push mode.

CORRECT!!! Depressing the STOP button for 5 seconds will disengage the wheel motors, then "turn it back on" by pushing the forward button again. You can also simply turn off the unit at the base and it will work as a normal push cart. This is one of the most overlooked attributes of this cart is the ability to continue to use it a push cart. Albeit a bit heavier, if the battery wasn't fully charged or it you simply forget to charge the eWheels, at least you can still use it and walk!!!

Keep the tips coming for everyone on this post. Good stuff

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 - Yellow

Pros

Edit to add some pics:

umfHJLq.jpg

uRj3ZBs.jpg

lgQXcEk.jpg

Wow, love the pictures and the feedback. The 3.5 retrofit kit sounds really interesting, maybe the best of both worlds?

Wow, love the pictures and the feedback. The 3.5 retrofit kit sounds really interesting, maybe the best of both worlds?

Potentially. But I'm thinking it will be a cheap bandaid stopgap solution. It will be better, but not ideal.

I played my first round with the Rovic 1S & eWheels yesterday (plus with the wheelie bars). It was lightyears ahead of the experience with the fixed wheel Clicgear. Rovic fixed wheel in the fairway helped it track pretty straight, while allowing the wheel to swivel around the green complexes and in tighter areas, this was the ideal combo. I was finally able to relax and enjoy the walk for the most part (we still got in to a few hairy situations where I had to babysit the cart, mainly due to heavily muddy areas). I think the Rovic is ideal for this, the combo of fixed and swivel wheel. That's why I said "potentially" with the 3.5 retrofit kit. I think being able to still lock the front wheel in for fairways is going to be the ideal solution.

Im new to the party.

I was a long time clicgear 3.0 user and loved my cart.

I wanted to get an ewheels and debated do i get the ewheels for my existing cart or do i get a rovic1s. I ended up going with the rovic and im happy i did.

My only question is whats the tip for losing the brakes. Otherwise loving it.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Chinoxle said:

> Hey my e wheels tend to go to the left anyone have this problem and is there a fix ?

Which cart do you have it on? I've found the best way to test if it is the alignment of the wheels or an issue with the actual motors on the eWheels is this....

Turn off the power or hold down stop for 5 seconds to disengage the drive system and use as an actual push cart (one of the benefits of the eWheels system) and give it a good push on a slight downhill where the cart can sustain a little momentum but not race away. If the alignment of the front wheel is off it will still veer. Align if this is the case.

If alignment is correct, check to ensure that the weighting in the golf bag and any accessories is balanced. More weight on one side or the other can cause drag on the motors and slow a motor down.

If balance is good, visit the ewheels website [www.alphardgolfusa.com](http://www.alphardgolfusa.com "www.alphardgolfusa.com") and check out support/F.A.Q.

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

Pro V1 - Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

I broke down and bought one after being frustrated that the cost of more traditional electric trolleys with a distance send ahead feature was $900 minimum in the US vs $550 USD in the UK and elsewhere.

I think the cart you are attaching to makes a big difference in terms of tipping. I have a CaddyTek EZfold and a CaddyTek CaddyLite 11.5 for my wife. I put my bag on each and measured from the ground to the bottom of the front wheel when the tipping point was reached.

CaddyTek EZfold... 11 inches

CaddyTek CaddyLite 11.5... 7 inches

With her bag (lighter and a higher percentage of weight on the stand side of bag), it was 1” less for each. Seeing this, I installed the ewheels on the EZfold. Looking at the Rovic, I wonder where its tipping point would be as it looks pretty compact.

I will provide a review after I get it out on the course.

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond