2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

E-Wheels

kush614

Not yet - weather hasn't gotten good enough for my home course to open. But hopefully it will be soon. I'm also waiting for the "wheelie bar" to be released to minimize any tipping issues - there is a video recommending using the cruise control and walking behind the eWheels going up steep hills to be able to keep it from tipping backwards.

How steep are the elevation changes? My course, for example has a hole that drops 200ft. to get to that hole you have to play an uphill par 5 then climb up a very steep cart path to get to a hole before the drop.

Several holes play 20 to 30 yards up hill or down hill on the front.

Thanks

I have the Rovic RV1S, and now several rounds played with the eWheels. My course is both hilly and with undulating fairways. Compared to my buddy’s Motocaddy S7, the eWheels has a difficult time keeping a steadily straight pace. It’s relatively straighter when I lock the front wheel, but that makes turning a slow process. I’ve moved my front wheel alignment to no avail. So I’m not sure what the culprit is because it’s effectively a very good product that I do recommend. Just not sure if the combination of course terrain makes my setup difficult to use.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

Not yet - weather hasn't gotten good enough for my home course to open. But hopefully it will be soon. I'm also waiting for the "wheelie bar" to be released to minimize any tipping issues - there is a video recommending using the cruise control and walking behind the eWheels going up steep hills to be able to keep it from tipping backwards.

How steep are the elevation changes? My course, for example has a hole that drops 200ft. to get to that hole you have to play an uphill par 5 then climb up a very steep cart path to get to a hole before the drop.

Thanks

Wow. Not a 200 foot drop but the 18th hole is a 125+ foot drop from the tee to the fairway and you have to get up to that height by climbing up holes 10, 12 and 13. Denison Golf Club in Granville, Ohio. The front nine is a bit more even, with a mild climb up holes 5 and 6 for a downhill par 3 no. 7, then a downhill drive and uphill walk to the green on no. 9.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Thanks

Wow. Not a 200 foot drop but the 18th hole is a 125+ foot drop from the tee to the fairway and you have to get up to that height by climbing up holes 10, 12 and 13. Denison Golf Club in Granville, Ohio. The front nine is a bit more even, with a mild climb up holes 5 and 6 for a downhill par 3 no. 7, then a downhill drive and uphill walk to the green on no. 9.

Please let me know how it works for you and thanks.

Played my home course for the first time today. The wheelie bar is definitely needed - tipped backwards twice on steep inclines before I could get behind it. No problems otherwise. The battery had plenty of juice - finished with 2 lights. Cruise control up and down the steep hills worked fine. My CG alignment was also okay for the most part, finally, but because of the terrain I will forever be "steering" it. But pressing the left and right buttons is better than pushing the car :) Looking forward to being able to buy the wheelie bar and travel case to eliminate getting grass all over the trunk of my car.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

2 more rounds this weekend with the eWheels. The more I use it the more I enjoy the convenience of having it. The battery charges more than enough for 18 holes on my home course - one day this Summer I'll have to play more to see how many more holes it will last. Getting the hang of grabbing clubs and sending it to the green or tee box or elsewhere. If only it could read putts :) I really do need the wheelie bar to prevent tipping - I haven't made it around my course yet without at least one tipover. My only other "wish" was that instead of left and right "steering" buttons there was a steering wheel or trackball. But, otherwise, it works as I hoped. My CG is about 5 years old so I'm probably going to order a new front wheel to avoid any issues with the old one wearing out.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

2 more rounds this weekend with the eWheels. The more I use it the more I enjoy the convenience of having it. The battery charges more than enough for 18 holes on my home course - one day this Summer I'll have to play more to see how many more holes it will last. Getting the hang of grabbing clubs and sending it to the green or tee box or elsewhere. If only it could read putts :) I really do need the wheelie bar to prevent tipping - I haven't made it around my course yet without at least one tipover. My only other "wish" was that instead of left and right "steering" buttons there was a steering wheel or trackball. But, otherwise, it works as I hoped. My CG is about 5 years old so I'm probably going to order a new front wheel to avoid any issues with the old one wearing out.

Boy I wish I could test drive one out at my course lol

The E-wheels look interesting but I just can't see the advantage when you can buy something like a Motocaddy for only a few hundred more.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

The E-wheels look interesting but I just can't see the advantage when you can buy something like a Motocaddy for only a few hundred more.

Which model are you referring to? I ask because the ewheels has a remote control and form what I see, the motocaddy s7 is $1695. I didn’t see any other model in Motocaddy’s line up that had a remote. I think the main benefit for people and this is people with existing carts and wanting to use their current push cart.

What’s msrp for ewheels? I think $700? Post price from Kickstarter price.

Which model are you referring to? I ask because the ewheels has a remote control and form what I see, the motocaddy s7 is $1695. I didn’t see any other model in Motocaddy’s line up that had a remote. I think the main benefit for people and this is people with existing carts and wanting to use their current push cart.

You're right, you can't get a remote MotoCaddy for under a grand. I've guess I didn't consider a remote because I've heard too many horror stories about remote controlled trolleys.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

You're right, you can't get a remote MotoCaddy for under a grand. I've guess I didn't consider a remote because I've heard too many horror stories about remote controlled trolleys.

Retail is $599. They're running a testing special on their website for a selected few individuals. The cost compared to other electric carts/trolleys is a huge factor IMO on why these will become pretty popular. Buddies at my current and old clubs are all trying to get these. Even if you add in costs for push cart you're still looking at a huge savings. 15 rounds so far and I couldn't be happier with this product.

my buddy took my spare batcaddy 4 remote into the lake of my home club today;

i use a powakaddy C2

let's say pissed is an understatement; will never buy another remote again.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I don't know what happened in jerebears case but I've heard stories of remotes not stopping the carts. Also of people putting the remote in their pockets and accidently starting the cart up and ending up tipped over and breaking clubs or running them into creeks. I was once really into getting one and many people who owned them said they would never have another remote one. Others had no issues.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

I don't know what happened in jerebears case but I've heard stories of remotes not stopping the carts. Also of people putting the remote in their pockets and accidently starting the cart up and ending up tipped over and breaking clubs or running them into creeks. I was once really into getting one and many people who owned them said they would never have another remote one. Others had no issues.

Interesting. Never gave it a second thought when buying the eWheels. And I've had no issues - the thing stops on a dime when you hit the stop button. I hope it continues to work that way :)

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Users should be careful when around hazards, etc. Walk near it and be ready! It does have 6 speeds, but I never use more than 3 or 4 as its hard to keep up with. It stops at 100 yards out from the remote from what I can tell. Use the remote magnet instead of putting it in your pocket if you're paranoid about accidently hitting go. Not sure how you can tell when the remote batteries get low. After 15 rounds, I'm expecting them to go soon, so I'm not letting it get too far away from me.

Please don’t mistaken my frustration with negativity towards bat caddy.

They are a good product for what they are.

I have a spare for my guests at my home club since it’s probably one of 2 best walking club in Tampa.

Our 11th is a 600 yards par 5 with water in front of the tee box. I’m walking ahead and turn around saw the bat caddy and bag neck deep. He told me he press stop on the remote twice and turned away to go throw beer cans in the trash.

Before he knew it he’s chasing for the bat caddy and jumped into the lake trying to savage his bag and the bat caddy.

Two things. He was careless and didn’t make sure it stop before turning away. Second of all he put the remote in his pocket so who knows if it turned on with any form of motions.

I blame him 90% for being careless. 10% to bat caddy for the remote not being good with connections.

I don’t normally use the bat caddy but when I did there is a slight delay in connections and sensitivity with control.

He paid for the bat caddy 4r and was super apologetic. I felt bad cuz he had to pay for it. The remote just isn’t something I recommend since the chance for being careless is up there.

I’m in the market for another powakaddy as my spare. Never another remote.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Please don’t mistaken my frustration with negativity towards bat caddy.

They are a good product for what they are.

I have a spare for my guests at my home club since it’s probably one of 2 best walking club in Tampa.

Our 11th is a 600 yards par 5 with water in front of the tee box. I’m walking ahead and turn around saw the bat caddy and bag neck deep. He told me he press stop on the remote twice and turned away to go throw beer cans in the trash.

Before he knew it he’s chasing for the bat caddy and jumped into the lake trying to savage his bag and the bat caddy.

Two things. He was careless and didn’t make sure it stop before turning away. Second of all he put the remote in his pocket so who knows if it turned on with any form of motions.

I blame him 90% for being careless. 10% to bat caddy for the remote not being good with connections.

I don’t normally use the bat caddy but when I did there is a slight delay in connections and sensitivity with control.

He paid for the bat caddy 4r and was super apologetic. I felt bad cuz he had to pay for it. The remote just isn’t something I recommend since the chance for being careless is up there.

I’m in the market for another powakaddy as my spare. Never another remote.

Ahh gotcha. I too never thought of those type of issues and a remote. I hope that will never happen to me, but with products like this, i'm sure accidents / mistakes will come up. Good to know.

At $450, this product is intriguing. At $600, I’d rather just get a Motocaddy.

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond

At $450, this product is intriguing. At $600, I'd rather just get a Motocaddy.

Apples to apples the S7 is $1,600+...But to each their own...

S1 Lithium would be just fine.

Srixon ZX5 9* driver: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Ping G410 2h, 3h, 4h: Tensei CK Pro Blue
Srixon ZX7 5-PW: Recoil 95 (HS + lead tape)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 54, 58: Recoil 110
Rife Cayman (+tungsten powder)
Srixon Z-Star Diamond

i ended up getting the motocaddy m1 used for a pretty sweet deal as a spare;

I highly recommend motocaddy or powakaddy if you want to take this route; not trying to fuss over the ewheels but you really don't need the remote. Too many variables for something to go wrong imho.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I highly recommend motocaddy or powakaddy if you want to take this route; not trying to fuss over the ewheels but you really don't need the remote. Too many variables for something to go wrong imho.

Have you used the eWheels? Curious what you are basing your comparison/comments on? I've used my eWheels for around 12 rounds now and no issues with the remote. It stops when it gets out of range.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Have you used the eWheels? Curious what you are basing your comparison/comments on? I've used my eWheels for around 12 rounds now and no issues with the remote. It stops when it gets out of range.

No but I’ve owned a remote caddy already. Read previous post. Another plus on my recommendation is the 5 year lithium battery warranty from powakaddy and motocaddy. I believe they are the best in the industry.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

New, alternative product out of Australia. Smart wheels by concourse golf.

https://www.concours...smart-wheels-2/

All the tech in the two wheels, no wires or battery packs. Launch price is USD$1000 before post so a little steep. Fits most carts apparently.

Interesting. I would imagine this is a pretty good size market and more options/improvements for motorized push carts will be coming in the future. I'll stick with my eWheels until it dies - I really love the stress free (other than the golf) walk.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I have about 2 dozen rounds now and the e-wheels has performed flawlessly-

The only drawback I can see is it only can be controlled with a remote- One instance I dropped the remote and couldn't recover it quick enough and the cart kept going - Hit a tree and flipped and kept going- the only way to stop it was to power it off...LOL

Other wise it has operated flawlessly- Great battery life and quick charging

I was caught in a huge rain storm about as deep as I could be on the course and she came on in without a hitch--

I have the rovic and yes it takes quite a bit of correction because the swivel front wheel is sensitive to any change in terrain - but all it takes to smooth it out is to place your hand on the handle and give it some guidance, it is very manageable. Also the remote has a substantial amount of reception to move it around ahead of you.

I love the maneuverability with the swivel front wheel- makes it very nimble to get through things- I tried it with the front wheel locked and I like it free much much better.

Our course is hilly but not extreme- It glides around at quicker than a fast paced walk but not much faster.

It will pay for itself in cart fees in a dozen more more rounds. Great quality and performance- Very happy I purchased it.