2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

E-Wheels

kush614

Damn. I just funded the project / kickstarter. Figured $434 is a good investment to help my legs and back and game. Since they have a working model and hopefully out by Sept so I can utilize it for fall golf. :) Will let you guys know what happens. Excited actually.

I committed early as well. Im not sure you will see too many problems. There aren't too many things to break. Sure, you have a battery pack and two motors, and a remote, but, Im willing to bet that this thing holds its own. Im just excited to use my own clicgear cart, motorized.

Same here. I can't wait. I recently saw an update they said it's possible to get the wheels early. Possibly in august. Cross our fingers.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they doubled their funding on kickstarter. Good news for us for the free remote holder! :)

Backer #7 here.

Free remote and free car charger! I have a couple USGA event qualifiers in the coming months so this should help the walk significantly.

HOPEFULLY it's a go for delivery in September, no project updates since July 7 is a bit worrisome.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

Since I have the ClicGear 3.5+ looks like a go for my cart . Probably wait til spring next year to see how the EWheels is going.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

• 4 weeks later...

Link to Alphardgolf not working?

Belly up?

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Link to Alphardgolf not working?

Belly up?

Link works for me. On the Kickstarter site they post updates periodically. One was just posted in the past few days about working out the Rovic deal and shipment status of September delivers.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Ok.............now.

Latest update was yesterday - one month delay due to quality control issue with the boards. Hopefully this will not turn south like the kickstarter for the wireless headphones that recently shut down after more than a year of delays.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

• 1 month later...

My last update was 6 October and that they are preparing the container for shipment - There have been a few delays before hand- they had issues with clic-gear delivering and also a quality issue with control circuit board - that was all corrected before shipment.

They will be issuing tracking numbers when the container arrives and clears customs-

• 4 weeks later...

Posted by Alex (Creator)

Hello backers,

The last information I got was that the first container will arrive Long Beach by the end of the week. We've just shipped the second container that covers all the other backers. It will take 3 weeks on the boat.

For our backers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand - the products were picked up about 2 weeks ago. They should show up in the next couple of weeks.

Alex

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

Posted by Alex (Creator)

Hello backers,

The last information I got was that the first container will arrive Long Beach by the end of the week. We've just shipped the second container that covers all the other backers. It will take 3 weeks on the boat.

For our backers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand - the products were picked up about 2 weeks ago. They should show up in the next couple of weeks.

Alex

Hopefully we will have them in hand in another week or so. I am really looking forward to not pushing my cart up and down the hills of my regular course.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Posted by Alex (Creator)

Hello backers,

Alex

Hopefully we will have them in hand in another week or so. I am really looking forward to not pushing my cart up and down the hills of my regular course.

I'm guessing they are at least 3 weeks out. If the boat lands tomorrow, unloads, customs, receiving by the shipper, then actual shipping...

Posted by Alex (Creator)

Hello backers,

Alex

I'm guessing they are at least 3 weeks out. If the boat lands tomorrow, unloads, customs, receiving by the shipper, then actual shipping...

Let me guess...' Then there will be "because of Holiday seasons, shipping will delay for 2 weeks..' !!!!!! =(

At this rate... My 2nd daughter will be born before I get to use this. Wife is due in Feb... Really wanted to use this before the season ended. Oh well.

My wife is due Feb 13 with our 3rd...so I feel your pain.

Posted by Alex (Creator)

Hello backers,

Alex

Probably right. I'm just hoping for another mild winter like last year.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping Updates 3

Hello backers,

The container has cleared the custom and it's on the way to the logistic hub. Backers in the US will be receiving the tracking numbers in a few days. I'll keep backers in other countries posted.

Alex

Light at the end of the tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no further word. Lots of negative comments on kickstarter, including from me to be honest. I backed this project in June, with an expected delivery date of September 2017. It is now December. I understand there were some circuit board setbacks, customs issues because of the lithium batteries, etc., but, on 11/21, we received a comment from creater Alex stating it should be any day to for tracking #s. then, he replied to that post stating that because of the holiday week, etc. the logistics hub couldn't get him information.

I just feel like Im getting the run around. I don't think its fraudulent or anything. Im confident I am getting an eWheels in the future, but its not good practice to:

a) have a 3 month delay on your product (that is double the time, because as a June backer I was supposed to receive in September, and;

b) not keep good communication with your backers when you are so far behind on delivery. If I were Alex, I would be giving DAILY updates to my backers who made the project happen. Its not like this was a $50 backing. I paid $399 ($434 after shipping costs).

Completely agree. We're at the mercy of the main person. Just want to see some people get the item already, doesn't have to be me yet. Just so I know its forreal. I wonder about the adapters for our push carts and "Seat adapters" are ready. Hope so, as walking these rounds without a seat sucksss....

Completely agree. We're at the mercy of the main person. Just want to see some people get the item already, doesn't have to be me yet. Just so I know its forreal. I wonder about the adapters for our push carts and "Seat adapters" are ready. Hope so, as walking these rounds without a seat sucksss....

That's exactly right. Although, I was one of the original (first 25) day 1 backers. I have one of the original clicgear with a seat as well, and I agree. The seat is crucial for. I will even find someone to make me a bracket if I have to.

The deal for is, I bought this thing knowing that I walk most of my rounds here in Phoenix, starting in about October. I walk some all year around, but if you are playing after 9 AM here in the summer, it just gets hot quick. Plus, I just played the City of Phoenix 2 man and walked 54 over three days this last weekend. It sure would have been nice to have my eWheels for that tourney.

I actually messaged Alex earlier, expressing my concerns. Really, my concern for him is that someone is going to get agitated enough eventually (and given we are past the three month delay mark, I would say soon), that they are going to contact kickstarter directly, or worse yet, call a local law enforcement authority, or a local prosecuting office, and claim they have been defrauded. Now, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Alex that isn't the case, and I don't think it is at all. Alphard golf is a real company, the eWheels was on display at the PGA show this last year, so I don't see that being the case, I really don't, but it could turn into a headache for Alex that he really doesn't need, and one that doesn't need to be created, if he can just be a little more detailed and frequent in his updates.

I am also waiting for my shipment. He emailed me in October that it was going through customs, but I have not heard since then. He even offered me to send the demo version for me to use until the product arrives, but that never happened. I was hoping to get it this month, but now I know everyone didnt get their shipment, I just hope I get mine soon.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

Tracking numbers are now showing up - it's taking some time for the logistics to get the shipping sorted for the right motors to the right backers.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"