Titleist 718 T-MB Irons

718 T-MB looks the same as my 716 T-MB 2i. I like my 17* 2i and hit it well. Considered the 3i too, but wouldn't want others in the set.

My 716 T-MB is forgiving when compared to my other 2 irons. Having said that, if a person plays ANY 2 iron, he'd better put a good swing on it, otherwise, the balls NOT going anywhere worth mentioning, even T-MB.

I have to choke down about 1-1.5" to be effective off the deck, not so off a tee. Last weekend off 385 Par 4 tee, right down the middle 225yds. I really do like the club, except when stuck well, can't feel the ball off the face.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

I know this is just wishful thinking, but can’t get do a limited edition 681 T stamp remake at some point. I remember hitting one of those super limited edition ones that my friend had, forged by miura, still better than anything out there today. Obvi I can’t afford those, and think the 716/718 are great, but it would be fun to run it back with the 681s with legal grooves.

To do 681Ts they would need to buy the design from Titleist and the forge dies if they still exist from Miura and Hoffman. Any copy might get a call from Titleist if the measurements were the same and for sure if they referenced or stamped them 681, 681T, T (all of which were produced). Easy to tell who produced them, Hoffman produced had bad chrome jobs with hosel chrome cracking. Miura had good chrome jobs. I had a sample of each including one of the display cases exact duplicate of Tiger’s set (not just grind but shafts which were not playable by me)..

To do 681Ts they would need to buy the design from Titleist and the forge dies if they still exist from Miura and Hoffman. Any copy might get a call from Titleist if the measurements were the same and for sure if they referenced or stamped them 681, 681T, T (all of which were produced). Easy to tell who produced them, Hoffman produced had bad chrome jobs with hosel chrome cracking. Miura had good chrome jobs. I had a sample of each including one of the display cases exact duplicate of Tiger’s set (not just grind but shafts which were not playable by me)..

I was talking about Titleist doing it. If they wanted to, there wouldn’t be any obstacles right?

I was talking about Titleist doing it. If they wanted to, there wouldn’t be any obstacles right?

They probably still own the design and doubtful the dies still exist. Also unlikely they would use T or 681 designation as that is associated with Tiger who hasn’t used their clubs for years. The 680s they still produce for Adam Scott might be the closest they could get, which means a similar die set still exist

Remember this version that was posted years ago here and other sites

there does seem to be wear issues

I have my T-MB fitting at Titleist Canada on Nov 2nd

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Have my 716 T-MB 17* for nine months. Love the club. No signs of wear and I hit off the deck often on Par 5's. Can't imagine why a problem may exit with 718 T-MB irons. :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

I went to a demo day today and hit the TMB 718 5i with an AMT S200 shaft.

Wow!

This thing flew for miles. I thought I was happy with my Honma driving irons (previous model TW-U #3 and #4), but I am seriously considering a #4 and/or #3 in the TMBs now. It really blew me away. I had a TMB716 2i which was good, but not the club I was after (should have gone with a #3), but the new model is even easier to hit.

I also hit the 718MB (7i and 5i, AMT S200), 718CB (7i and 5i, same shaft), and the AP2 5i. I didn't like the AP2, but the MB and CB were pretty good. To be honest, I preferred the feel of the CB over the MB slightly. But the distance difference in the CB and MB 5i compared to the TMB 5i was remarkable. To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do with a full set of TMBs if they all launch like this, but a long iron or two would be great.

Wow!

This thing flew for miles. I thought I was happy with my Honma driving irons (previous model TW-U #3 and #4), but I am seriously considering a #4 and/or #3 in the TMBs now. It really blew me away. I had a TMB716 2i which was good, but not the club I was after (should have gone with a #3), but the new model is even easier to hit.

I also hit the 718MB (7i and 5i, AMT S200), 718CB (7i and 5i, same shaft), and the AP2 5i. I didn't like the AP2, but the MB and CB were pretty good. To be honest, I preferred the feel of the CB over the MB slightly. But the distance difference in the CB and MB 5i compared to the TMB 5i was remarkable. To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do with a full set of TMBs if they all launch like this, but a long iron or two would be great.

I agree. In my fitting when I hit the new tmb I was infatuated with it. I can't wait to buy one. Feel/sound was great.

Wow!

It is really interesting to me that you had a demo with an AMT S200. I had thought that the AMT S200 was a standard item for Japan, and that AMT S300 was the standard retail model for the US.

Another dumb question I have about the '18 Titleists is that I understood that the 718 AP2's came stock with the AMT Tour White. And the 718 AP3's came stock with the AMT Tour Black. Are they still fitting the 718 T-MB's with the old-nomenclature AMT's? Between True Temper and Titleist, they have done their best to make this all confusing.

Wow!

It is really interesting to me that you had a demo with an AMT S200. I had thought that the AMT S200 was a standard item for Japan, and that AMT S300 was the standard retail model for the US.

Another dumb question I have about the '18 Titleists is that I understood that the 718 AP2's came stock with the AMT Tour White. And the 718 AP3's came stock with the AMT Tour Black. Are they still fitting the 718 T-MB's with the old-nomenclature AMT's? Between True Temper and Titleist, they have done their best to make this all confusing.

I'm in Japan, hence the S200. They do offer the S300 as a no charge option.

As for the nomenclature, the AMT and Tour Whites are apparently to same shafts. IIRC, The Rep said some of the demos have the AMT shafts, but the retail models will have Tour Whites. Or they may be some early sets with AMTs. Something like that.

Wow!

I'm in Japan, hence the S200. They do offer the S300 as a no charge option.

As for the nomenclature, the AMT and Tour Whites are apparently to same shafts. IIRC, The Rep said some of the demos have the AMT shafts, but the retail models will have Tour Whites. Or they may be some early sets with AMTs. Something like that.

D'oh! It's almost as if your location was clearly noted on your profile, and I didn't even look at it. Or something like that. Thank you for such a polite reply without making as much fun of me as I deserved.

I heard that same thing -- here on GolfWRX -- about the Tour Whites being the same shaft as last year's AMT's. I haven't checked the specs exactly.

He didn't exactly put on a ball striking clinic in that session.

Damn sexy club though!

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Damn sexy club though!

His swing has been garbage for a while now

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Damn sexy club though!

His swing has been garbage for a while now

I haven't been following him that closely lately but I'll take your word for it.

To me it seems like he's expecting too much out of the club. Strike is and always will be king. A 2 iron isn't exactly the easiest stick to launch off the turf.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Shiels reviews lately and for the most part are essentially useless. The one valuable contribution is the all angle video view of club in hand.

Guys makes blatant errors in reviews time after time - never fees up 2-irons, sometimes not even strong 3-woods. Often has a shaft not correct for his swing. His striking pattern for ‘17 doesn’t warrant even giving reviews unless you really want to test forgiveness on every club possible. “Ugh this 2-iron isn’t rewarding my flagrantly inconsistent strikes, yep forgiveness not what I expected, I’m just in love with the looks”...

Provides a chuckle I guess

• Like 1

I haven't hit the 718 T-MB but gave a good run at the 716 and didn't find it to be very forgiving. For me, a hybrid was infinitely easier to hit.

I've been playing the 718 TMB for a few months, been playing AP2 for years. It is more forgiving than AP2 for sure. It launches a little higher and has less spin. I love everything about them. Especially being able to really hit it hard and not worry about too much spin. The look amazing and feel great. The long irons are especially easy to launch...

TS3 9.5 Tensei Orange v2 70 TX
TS2 15 Tensei Orange80 TX
718 TMB 2, 4-9 C Taper S+
SM7 46,52,56,60 S400
Newport 009

I haven't hit the 718 T-MB but gave a good run at the 716 and didn't find it to be very forgiving. For me, a hybrid was infinitely easier to hit.

Hybrids are more forgiving but the DI has a more playable dispersion pattern as most of the time short of the target is okay but left or right could be trouble

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

• 3 weeks later...

I may be the minority here but the TMB needs less offset. Sad how much offset Titleist uses in their irons.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord