REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

had an epiphany last night -- I think I'm going to try this shaft this weekend in my current setup, but use TP5x balls and see if it doesn't get the spin to where I want it. I'm only looking to lose about 300-400 rpms so, the ball switch might just do it. i'll report back as soon as I can get to VA and on course. (excited to see green grass)

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Great reviews guys! These sound like money!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

had an epiphany last night -- I think I'm going to try this shaft this weekend in my current setup, but use TP5x balls and see if it doesn't get the spin to where I want it. I'm only looking to lose about 300-400 rpms so, the ball switch might just do it. i'll report back as soon as I can get to VA and on course. (excited to see green grass)

How does the spin compare to the XT I picked up from you? I'll finally be able to hit it in the sim today.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

How does the spin compare to the XT I picked up from you? I'll finally be able to hit it in the sim today.

the atmos spins about 500-600 rpms more than the XT. the XT I could barely get up to 2100 on a 'high spin' day. my issue with the XT was that it launched too low at that low spin. I was in a M2 10.5*, at <2000 rpms launching at 10-11*. I prefer a window of 12-13* with low spin to get more carry (lots of wetter courses/fairways up here in the north)

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

So I've played 5 rounds with this shaft in the bag, and I understand there are a number of factors in play here when I say "this is the best shaft I've ever played", but I have never seen on course performance from my driver like I've seen over the last 5 rounds.

It has paired so flawlessly with the 440 head and my swing - I played 36 on Sunday in Wilmington, NC with some old pals of mine and it was hilariously windy. I hit 18 of the 22 fairways on the holes I played driver. There were some holes I was 60+ yards past my buddy, who on a windy day is right there with me distance wise. This is real world evidence that there is absolutely zero ballooning or over spinning going on here. Couldn't be happier with this shaft, and I am without question putting a Blue or Black 8X in my 3 Wood.

Did you get the Blue or the Black?

Blue 7X - I've got it in a '17 M1 440, which is an obnoxiously low spinning head for me. I had a HZRDUS Black in there prior, so I wanted to test the Blue as an alternate. Figured a Mid shaft would be much more forgiving in terms of spin/trajectory. That being said the Blue has been a Low to Mid launch for me without question. It knifed through the high winds without issue, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see on the course since the feel already is off the charts.

Yeah dude, I should have grabbed a Blue if I would have known the information I know right now, but that's hindsight and I was just trying to compare to what I currently have and I'd say the ATMOS TS Black launches consistently lower than the HZRDUS Black. Maybe it's just the fact it's easier to load for me and I can put a better swing but I have had to increase my loft from 8° up to standard 9.5°. I'm curious what the spin numbers show as but I'm really trying to avoid looking at any kind of numbers right now during these swing changes I'm making. I'm just looking at pure ball flight. I plan to get some ATMOS TS for my fairway woods and I'm thinking I'd get the Red in my 3W and Blue in my 5W. Red so I can increase my 3W launch a little and Blue so I can bring down my launch a little with the 5W. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm definitely window shopping! Haha.

So I've played 5 rounds with this shaft in the bag, and I understand there are a number of factors in play here when I say "this is the best shaft I've ever played", but I have never seen on course performance from my driver like I've seen over the last 5 rounds.

It has paired so flawlessly with the 440 head and my swing - I played 36 on Sunday in Wilmington, NC with some old pals of mine and it was hilariously windy. I hit 18 of the 22 fairways on the holes I played driver. There were some holes I was 60+ yards past my buddy, who on a windy day is right there with me distance wise. This is real world evidence that there is absolutely zero ballooning or over spinning going on here. Couldn't be happier with this shaft, and I am without question putting a Blue or Black 8X in my 3 Wood.

Blue 7X - I've got it in a '17 M1 440, which is an obnoxiously low spinning head for me. I had a HZRDUS Black in there prior, so I wanted to test the Blue as an alternate. Figured a Mid shaft would be much more forgiving in terms of spin/trajectory. That being said the Blue has been a Low to Mid launch for me without question. It knifed through the high winds without issue, which pretty much showed me everything I needed to see on the course since the feel already is off the charts.

Yeah dude, I should have grabbed a Blue if I would have known the information I know right now, but that's hindsight and I was just trying to compare to what I currently have and I'd say the ATMOS TS Black launches consistently lower than the HZRDUS Black. Maybe it's just the fact it's easier to load for me and I can put a better swing but I have had to increase my loft from 8° up to standard 9.5°. I'm curious what the spin numbers show as but I'm really trying to avoid looking at any kind of numbers right now during these swing changes I'm making. I'm just looking at pure ball flight. I plan to get some ATMOS TS for my fairway woods and I'm thinking I'd get the Red in my 3W and Blue in my 5W. Red so I can increase my 3W launch a little and Blue so I can bring down my launch a little with the 5W. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm definitely window shopping! Haha.

Black launches lower then the HZRDUS black? The red and blue sound awesome in the fairways! I'd love to get my hands on these!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Black launches lower then the HZRDUS black? The red and blue sound awesome in the fairways! I'd love to get my hands on these!

Take that with a grain of salt man. I've made some pretty drastic swing changes that I believe have attributed to that lower ball flight. My AoA went from +5-+7 down to +3-+4 average. That alone is probably why I am seeing that lower ball flight. It just so happen to occur when I changed shafts so mentally I'm attributing it to that.

I have a Black 7TX and do not find it launches lower than my HZRDUS 75 6.5. That being said, this shaft feels "less boardy" and really snaps at impact. I don't have any LM data to go off of but the eye test tells me this shaft is a better fit for my game than the HZRDUS.

@markjinc. That's great to hear. I also thought the HZRDUS could feel a little better. I like the sound of it kicking!

@robrey85. Thanks ! Keep up the good work on the swing change.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Just had Will Peoples build me M2 3wood with a Blue and I couldn't get over how smooth it was. Got a blue coming to test in a 440 and 17 M1 head, but the blues have become popular..... backordered already!!! Uggh

What kind of launch characteristics were you getting?

I played the 16 M2 with a ADDI 6X last year but could never turn it over much. With this years model and the blue it seems a bit higher launch nothing major, and granted this is only about 10 balls off mats. But the feel is great!!

Well, the monitor data was right. Played 2 rounds today with my ATMOS tour spec Blue 7x and after warming up, using it for the first 11 holes or so; it just wasnt working. Dispersion was all over the place - some spinny, some not. I think i had 2 good drives with it all day. Im playing tomorrow, saturday and Sunday, will report back should it change.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Well, the monitor data was right. Played 2 rounds today with my ATMOS tour spec Blue 7x and after warming up, using it for the first 11 holes or so; it just wasnt working. Dispersion was all over the place - some spinny, some not. I think i had 2 good drives with it all day. Im playing tomorrow, saturday and Sunday, will report back should it change.

What kind of AoA are you with your driver? Only reason I ask is the 440 is a crazy low spin head, and the Blue is HARDLY a true mid spin shaft. Perhaps your a big hitter (130 CH speed), which would create a bit more spin than I, but I'm seeing roughly 2,000 RPM out of this combination myself with around 118-120 CH speed.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

What kind of AoA are you with your driver? Only reason I ask is the 440 is a crazy low spin head, and the Blue is HARDLY a true mid spin shaft. Perhaps your a big hitter (130 CH speed), which would create a bit more spin than I, but I'm seeing roughly 2,000 RPM out of this combination myself with around 118-120 CH speed.

Aoa is roughly 2-3, 113-115 ss. Your transition might be softer than mine.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Gotcha, yeah so many things that come in to play for sure, I was just curious.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Truth is, i tried both the 440 and the 460 today. Best drive was with the 460. Just seemed like it wanted to go wandering off the line - specifically into the wind. I knew something was off straight away on the range. My 3w was shooting lasers and the driver would elevate to apex much more sharply and get snagged by crosswinds and significant distance loss into the wind.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Truth is, i tried both the 440 and the 460 today. Best drive was with the 460. Just seemed like it wanted to go wandering off the line - specifically into the wind. I knew something was off straight away on the range. My 3w was shooting lasers and the driver would elevate to apex much more sharply and get snagged by crosswinds and significant distance loss into the wind.

How do you like the T1100 in the 3W, it coming out too low? I was thinking I would put another Blue or possibly Black in my 3W bc the AD-DI I have in there now can get balloony.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

How do you like the T1100 in the 3W, it coming out too low? I was thinking I would put another Blue or possibly Black in my 3W bc the AD-DI I have in there now can get balloony.

Its unreal. First 2 rounds and range time outdoors with it and i absolutely love it. Stable, firm feel and easy to flight. It is a cannon in the 3hl, i highly doubt id need it in a regular 3w loft bc it might be too hot.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Its unreal. First 2 rounds and range time outdoors with it and i absolutely love it. Stable, firm feel and easy to flight. It is a cannon in the 3hl, i highly doubt id need it in a regular 3w loft bc it might be too hot.

Yeah those M2 Tours are rocket launchers. I hit the standard lofted one on a sim and it was comical how far some of them were going. I'd probably be able to play it at 42" maybe less and still have plenty of distance.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Yeah those M2 Tours are rocket launchers. I hit the standard lofted one on a sim and it was comical how far some of them were going. I'd probably be able to play it at 42" maybe less and still have plenty of distance.

Mine is at 43 since i use it predominantly off the tee. Was impressed how easy it was to hit it off the fairway as well.

Quite happy with my decision to build it the way i did.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Mine is at 43 since i use it predominantly off the tee. Was impressed how easy it was to hit it off the fairway as well.

Quite happy with my decision to build it the way i did.

Did you switch to the T1100 after that? Did your results improve?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Did you switch to the T1100 after that? Did your results improve?

have a T1100 on order for the driver. Was waiting to see how good the fairway worked out. I really, really wish i could try a black to see if the blue just isnt the right fit for me. It is what it is.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Finally was able to get out and see how this puppy performs on the course, which is the good news. The bad news, had a constant 20-30mph wind today, and the course I played today,the holes are either straight into or with the wind. I was seeing about the same distance and dispersion with the Atmos Tour Spec compared to the Pro 53K today. It was a pretty even day for the two shafts performance wise. Where I did find a difference today, was the Atmos Tour Spec did not make me work as hard as the Pro 53K did. I didn't feel like I had to go all out to get the same results with the Atmos like I did the Pro K. I am playing again tomorrow and the it's going to be a little calmer conditions, so I should get a little better comparison of the two shafts.

I love the AD DI / AD TP series in terms of feel, but was finally able to get on a trackman and was actually shocked at my spin numbers...club head at 115mph, launch at 14-15* ball speeds of ~170 but spin was ~2600, AoA was in the 4* range. Ideally I'd like to get down more to the 2100-2200 range while maintaining those launch conditions. With my driver I tend to like a shaft that feels a little softer in the butt and the Atmos series sound so like a good candidate. Would a Blue / Black roughly get me to where I need spin wise, all things being constant?

I love the AD DI / AD TP series in terms of feel, but was finally able to get on a trackman and was actually shocked at my spin numbers...club head at 115mph, launch at 14-15* ball speeds of ~170 but spin was ~2600, AoA was in the 4* range. Ideally I'd like to get down more to the 2100-2200 range while maintaining those launch conditions. With my driver I tend to like a shaft that feels a little softer in the butt and the Atmos series sound so like a good candidate. Would a Blue / Black roughly get me to where I need spin wise, all things being constant?

I think the Black would most certainly drop your spin #s, I cannot comment on the Blue though as I have not hit one...yet.

Played the atmos tour spec blue again today and it was all over the place - specifically into the wind. The feel is incredible, i just cant get the spin down without having to go crazy low loft in the head

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”