2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

Another range session today. Moved ball position a hair forward and increased the loft on the m2. Started hitting some nice high flat bombs. It was very windy today and good strikes were not affected by the wind at all. I really think Fuji has something with this shaft; while it feels whippier than most Fuji's I've played, it stands up well without losing dispersion when I go at it hard which used to happen with the Six, Zcom, and even the Speeder for me. Special shout out to Will Peoples. Thanks to his Masters Contest and my picking Sergio I've got one of the better driver shafts I've played in many moons..

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

Hey all, thanks for the great feedback, I've been sold on an Atmos Black 6X. I'm currently playing a GD Tour AD TP-6X and feel that the shaft is a bit too loose for me. I know that a few other people in this thread also have the TP, and I was wondering how they thought the stiffness of that compares with the stiffness of the Atmos (e.g., are both equally stiff, or is one stiffer than the other?). My driver swing speed is somewhere between 115 and 118 with a very quick tempo and aggressive transition. I was thinking of getting the Atmos tipped 1/2", but would love to get some feedback from people more "in the know" than I am. Thanks!

Hey all, thanks for the great feedback, I've been sold on an Atmos Black 6X. I'm currently playing a GD Tour AD TP-6X and feel that the shaft is a bit too loose for me. I know that a few other people in this thread also have the TP, and I was wondering how they thought the stiffness of that compares with the stiffness of the Atmos (e.g., are both equally stiff, or is one stiffer than the other?). My driver swing speed is somewhere between 115 and 118 with a very quick tempo and aggressive transition. I was thinking of getting the Atmos tipped 1/2", but would love to get some feedback from people more "in the know" than I am. Thanks!

I will say our SS is very similar although sounds like you definitely have a more aggressive transition than I. That being said I have always tipped my driver shafts 1" and they have played as desired, so obviously I followed suit with the ATMOS Blue 7X and it became like rebar. I legitimately couldn't play it and had to replace it with another Blue 7X. I am a high ball hitter and the tipping brought my flight down considerably. Obviously everyone is different, all I suggest is not tipping it initially and leaving some extra length on the butt end incase you want to chop off a 0.5"-1". Otherwise just take it off the butt and its no harm no foul. Best of luck with the new shaft!

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Sorry I've been away from the thread for a bit. I unfortunately haven't been able to play much golf the past few weeks due to some unforeseen personal reasons. I've played a bit more with this shaft and im sticking with my previous opinion pretty firmly. The Atmos is a great shaft but it plays just a hair too firm for me and i'm struggling with it a bit. to me it feels pretty boardy which isn't something i prefer in my shafts of choice. what I am going to do as an experiment is butt trim it some more and play it in a fairway wood as it should feel a little softer due to the heavier head and see how that goes.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I will say our SS is very similar although sounds like you definitely have a more aggressive transition than I. That being said I have always tipped my driver shafts 1" and they have played as desired, so obviously I followed suit with the ATMOS Blue 7X and it became like rebar. I legitimately couldn't play it and had to replace it with another Blue 7X. I am a high ball hitter and the tipping brought my flight down considerably. Obviously everyone is different, all I suggest is not tipping it initially and leaving some extra length on the butt end incase you want to chop off a 0.5"-1". Otherwise just take it off the butt and its no harm no foul. Best of luck with the new shaft!

I wouldn't tip. I'm playing a 7x at 44.5" in my driver and it's plenty capable of staying with my swing and my speed is the same as yours. Or leave it long like the above poster stated, I don't think I'd like this shaft if I tipped it.

I have the TP 6X playing at 45.5" un tipped, Atmos Blue playing at 45" Tipped 1/2" and the Atmos Black playing at 45.5 Untipped.

My SS is 115 so similar to yours, and pretty aggressive as well. I actually don't feel like the TP is too loose so keep that in mind; but the Blue is what I am going with for what I am trying to accomplish (lower flight, slightly lower spin vs the TP). The Blue feels more solid through the length of the shaft now after tipping. From my perspective the TP has a similar feel to the Blue but has a slightly less active butt section. From Fuji's material, the butt sections on the Atmos line is all similar they just changed the mid through tip areas to adjust for launch and spin, and I do think that is a pretty accurate description. If you like the characteristics of the TP but want a slightly different feel I would suggest the blue tipped slightly.

I'm not a tester either, but man there is a TON of great information in here. Swing Blues mentioned the ATMOS to me a few weeks back and I was fine with my HZRDUS until I started doing more reading. Like he mentioned, I have a Black 6S on the way for my 2017 M2 and a Black 7S on the way for my 2017 M1 3HL. Neither are tipped and playing lengths will be 45" and 42.5" respectively. I'm very, very excited about putting them in play as my experience with Fujikura shafts has been nothing but positive. I hope to share tales of assaulted fairways soon!

great to hear! thanks for giving ATMOS a go, curious how it works out for you. keep us posted.

Also thanks to the testers and other members in this thread continuing to give us feedback on ATMOS Tour Spec. Glad everyone is having positive experience with and noticing a difference in feel and performance over their gamers.

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

Thanks to everyone who replied, all of your responses were very helpful.

I have the TP 6X playing at 45.5" un tipped, Atmos Blue playing at 45" Tipped 1/2" and the Atmos Black playing at 45.5 Untipped.

My SS is 115 so similar to yours, and pretty aggressive as well. I actually don't feel like the TP is too loose so keep that in mind; but the Blue is what I am going with for what I am trying to accomplish (lower flight, slightly lower spin vs the TP). The Blue feels more solid through the length of the shaft now after tipping. From my perspective the TP has a similar feel to the Blue but has a slightly less active butt section. From Fuji's material, the butt sections on the Atmos line is all similar they just changed the mid through tip areas to adjust for launch and spin, and I do think that is a pretty accurate description. If you like the characteristics of the TP but want a slightly different feel I would suggest the blue tipped slightly.

I actually made some swing changes so I want significantly lower ball flight than with the TP, which is why I am looking at the black. How does the black (untipped) compare with the TP? Thanks again!

I had the TP in a 6s and now the Atmos Black in a 6s. I felt the TP was a firmer shaft with less kick. In my swing this translated to more dispersion because I tried to help load the shaft harder to feel the release and that was not a good thing. Ball flight might have been a touch lower and less spin with the Atmos but the TP is going to be very comparable in those categories. With the Atmos, you are going to probably see more ball speed and better feel under the hands. I had them both on a monitor and the Atmos won for me. You can look back at my previous posts. I would be playing the TP if it were better and just have moved along from this thread.

Thanks to everyone who replied, all of your responses were very helpful.

I actually made some swing changes so I want significantly lower ball flight than with the TP, which is why I am looking at the black. How does the black (untipped) compare with the TP? Thanks again!

For me the black is slightly lower than the TP, this is just me eyeballing it as I haven't had the chance to get the Atmos on a launch monitor. They both get up and flatten out for me, with the black being a little lower launch and flight.

Alright, both my shafts arrived today and I dropped my Black 6S off at Aloha Golf Center to have the adapter and grip installed and also to have it cut to 45" playing length. I'm heading straight to the range after I drop it off tomorrow! For the 7S, I sold the M1 3HL so I'll be using it with a TEE EX10 Beta 4W :). Both shafts look fantastic and I dig the subtle graphics. I'm pumped about putting both in play and I'll post some thoughts on performance tomorrow!

Is6pcs6l.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil DART Hybrid 85H F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

I'm not a tester either, but man there is a TON of great information in here. Swing Blues mentioned the ATMOS to me a few weeks back and I was fine with my HZRDUS until I started doing more reading. Like he mentioned, I have a Black 6S on the way for my 2017 M2 and a Black 7S on the way for my 2017 M1 3HL. Neither are tipped and playing lengths will be 45" and 42.5" respectively. I'm very, very excited about putting them in play as my experience with Fujikura shafts has been nothing but positive. I hope to share tales of assaulted fairways soon!

great to hear! thanks for giving ATMOS a go, curious how it works out for you. keep us posted.

Also thanks to the testers and other members in this thread continuing to give us feedback on ATMOS Tour Spec. Glad everyone is having positive experience with and noticing a difference in feel and performance over their gamers.

Updated my WITB for you Fujikura :taunt:

I picked up my ATMOS Black 6s from Aloha Golf Center this morning and went straight to the range. I ended up hitting about 30ish balls with my driver, and left the range very impressed! I'm using a 2017 M2 10.5 driver and I thought the ball flight was perfect, and for me was significantly more consistent than previous shafts. Same goes for the dispersion, and it literally seemed like it was 'point and shoot'. What impressed me the most though was the feel. For me, the ATMOS Black is best described as smooth and I'm pumped to get it out on the course. The ATMOS line is the real deal and I'm happy that I made the switch. Now I just need to wait for my EX10 Beta 4W to show up so I can beat up fairways all over Hawaii!

BHVVNSjl.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil DART Hybrid 85H F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

Smooth huh....

Scotch-Cigars-go-well-together.jpg

Mr.Hicksta, you've jus been Atmosed. :busted_cop:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

What's your feeling on the black? Is that a 7X?

What's your feeling on the black? Is that a 7X?

I have the 6X. The black is a solid shaft choice feel wise. If you like something that has some stiffness in the butt section, these shafts probably aren't for you, there are other shafts out there that can provide the same launch characteristics with your desired feel. But if you like, or don't mind something that may feel "Whippy" then this could be it. I'd imagine someone with a late release and someone who pulls hard with the handle might not like these shafts as someone who has a more moderate release and generates speed via rotation.

I've played several rounds with this shaft in my M1 and I am quite a big fan of it. I wasn't able to test it prior, but based on someone else's review and similarities to my swing speed and tempo, I nabbed an 8TX from Will Peoples and I couldn't be happier. My dispersion has come down and I am hitting it slightly further, especially into the wind. Big fan

I've played several rounds with this shaft in my M1 and I am quite a big fan of it. I wasn't able to test it prior, but based on someone else's review and similarities to my swing speed and tempo, I nabbed an 8TX from Will Peoples and I couldn't be happier. My dispersion has come down and I am hitting it slightly further, especially into the wind. Big fan

yes! Low dispersion is where it's at. Glad you're liking it, thanks for the review.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these! Anyone have a spare ... either raw or with a Titleist tip ... or for trade? I've got about 10 shafts sitting around in my basement.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 UST Mamiya Prototype  

Fairways: Titleist TS2 13.5* UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue

Utility: Titleist U500 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue HB

Irons:  T350 4 & 5, T200 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges: Vokey SM9 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter: L.A.B. Golf MEZZ.1 Proto 

Ball: ProV1 Left Dot

Fujikura - I am curious, whats the origin of the ATMOS name? Is it an acronym? And why the specific graphic design which is kinda unique... whats the background story here on this shaft?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Fujikura - I am curious, whats the origin of the ATMOS name? Is it an acronym? And why the specific graphic design which is kinda unique... whats the background story here on this shaft?

A couple of things went into the meaning of the name, one being an anagram for atoms and also short for atmosphere - representing the design composition translating to launch and flight. We've had many different names of the years and try to stick with ones that have some tie to the performance, materials, or our history.

We try to avoid naming things that golfers want to stay away from while playing on the golf course, or things that describe something bad for you.

giphy.gif

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +