2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

Fujikura - I am curious, whats the origin of the ATMOS name? Is it an acronym? And why the specific graphic design which is kinda unique... whats the background story here on this shaft?

A couple of things went into the meaning of the name, one being an anagram for atoms and also short for atmosphere - representing the design composition translating to launch and flight. We've had many different names of the years and try to stick with ones that have some tie to the performance, materials, or our history.

We try to avoid naming things that golfers want to stay away from while playing on the golf course, or things that describe something bad for you.

I see what you did there ;).

I'm still waiting for my TEE EX10 Beta 4W to arrive, but in the meantime I ordered an ATMOS HB Blue 8S to replace my HZRDUS Black 85 6.0 in my Alpha 815 3H. If the ATMOS hybrid shaft is as good as the wood shafts, and I'm sure it is, I think it's going to work out well for me!

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil DART Hybrid 85H F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

Fujikura,

My driver shaft of choice is the evo 1 757 tour spec. Ever since the resurrection of the white speeders in 2014, I've had some version of the speeder in my driver ever since. Does the atmos lineup have a similar bend profile? If it helps, I seem to have success with shafts that have a softer middle section than it's handle section.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

Has anyone tested the Atmos against a Tensei orange v2? Interested to see how the two stack up, thanks

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Has anyone tested the Atmos against a Tensei orange v2? Interested to see how the two stack up, thanks

I can't do an apples to apples comparison, as my Orange V2 is in my Cobra head and my Atmos Black is in my Epic head. That being said, both are great shafts. Both have great feel, low spin, and boring trajectories. The V2 is higher launching than the black, which isn't surprising. The Atmos Blue would probably be a better comparison to the V2 due to the higher launch of both shafts. My impression is that the V2 is one of the few true, higher launching low spin shafts on the market (or not on the market). Right now, I am more interested in playing the Epic consistently for a season, so the Orange V2 probably won't get much use, but I hope to get back to it at some point. If I had to try and distinguish between the 2 shafts, I would say that the Atmos seems compatible with any swing I put on it, and the V2 makes me feel like I have to deliver a solid swing in order to get the best out of it. The Atmos is like a Mercedes AMG, while the V2 is like a Ferrari.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I can't do an apples to apples comparison, as my Orange V2 is in my Cobra head and my Atmos Black is in my Epic head. That being said, both are great shafts. Both have great feel, low spin, and boring trajectories. The V2 is higher launching than the black, which isn't surprising. The Atmos Blue would probably be a better comparison to the V2 due to the higher launch of both shafts. My impression is that the V2 is one of the few true, higher launching low spin shafts on the market (or not on the market). Right now, I am more interested in playing the Epic consistently for a season, so the Orange V2 probably won't get much use, but I hope to get back to it at some point. If I had to try and distinguish between the 2 shafts, I would say that the Atmos seems compatible with any swing I put on it, and the V2 makes me feel like I have to deliver a solid swing in order to get the best out of it. The Atmos is like a Mercedes AMG, while the V2 is like a Ferrari.

Thanks, I really appreciate the comparison and while not apples to apples it helps. I've been playing the v2 in my epic and have an Atmos blue coming with a cally tip. Also snagged a NV2K blue to try as well. All same flex, length, grip, and weight (close enough). The v2 has been really good but I've experienced the same demands out of the v2. I'm hoping the Atmos is similar good for good but better on the not so perfect strikes. Thanks again

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Thanks, I really appreciate the comparison and while not apples to apples it helps. I've been playing the v2 in my epic and have an Atmos blue coming with a cally tip. Also snagged a NV2K blue to try as well. All same flex, length, grip, and weight (close enough). The v2 has been really good but I've experienced the same demands out of the v2. I'm hoping the Atmos is similar good for good but better on the not so perfect strikes. Thanks again

Let us know what you find. I am interested in a direct comparison with the same head. I wondered if the Atmos was little more forgiving on mishits, but I couldn't be sure that it wasn't the head rather than the shaft. You should be able to clear this up for us. I also expect that you will see that the Atmos Blue and V2 launch similarly, but I would be on a LM, that the V2 is lower spin.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Let us know what you find. I am interested in a direct comparison with the same head. I wondered if the Atmos was little more forgiving on mishits, but I couldn't be sure that it wasn't the head rather than the shaft. You should be able to clear this up for us. I also expect that you will see that the Atmos Blue and V2 launch similarly, but I would be on a LM, that the V2 is lower spin.

For sure, just need to find an outdoor launch monitor to use in my area. I'm a bit hesitant to post all the data because people on here tend to instruct you on how you're doing everything wrong or tell you how off the numbers are. But we'll see I suppose.

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

I'm not a tester either, but man there is a TON of great information in here. Swing Blues mentioned the ATMOS to me a few weeks back and I was fine with my HZRDUS until I started doing more reading. Like he mentioned, I have a Black 6S on the way for my 2017 M2 and a Black 7S on the way for my 2017 M1 3HL. Neither are tipped and playing lengths will be 45" and 42.5" respectively. I'm very, very excited about putting them in play as my experience with Fujikura shafts has been nothing but positive. I hope to share tales of assaulted fairways soon!

great to hear! thanks for giving ATMOS a go, curious how it works out for you. keep us posted.

Also thanks to the testers and other members in this thread continuing to give us feedback on ATMOS Tour Spec. Glad everyone is having positive experience with and noticing a difference in feel and performance over their gamers.

How would your Atmos Black 8TX compare to a Dual Core Kuro Kage 80 TX in spin and launch? Thanks

I'm not a tester either, but man there is a TON of great information in here. Swing Blues mentioned the ATMOS to me a few weeks back and I was fine with my HZRDUS until I started doing more reading. Like he mentioned, I have a Black 6S on the way for my 2017 M2 and a Black 7S on the way for my 2017 M1 3HL. Neither are tipped and playing lengths will be 45" and 42.5" respectively. I'm very, very excited about putting them in play as my experience with Fujikura shafts has been nothing but positive. I hope to share tales of assaulted fairways soon!

great to hear! thanks for giving ATMOS a go, curious how it works out for you. keep us posted.

Also thanks to the testers and other members in this thread continuing to give us feedback on ATMOS Tour Spec. Glad everyone is having positive experience with and noticing a difference in feel and performance over their gamers.

How would your Atmos Black 8TX compare to a Dual Core Kuro Kage 80 TX in spin and launch? Thanks

Great question

This thing showed up today :)

8faaa525ead24e1fabd3470604a808d3.jpg

It's being installed in my TEE EX10 3H and I'll have it back tomorrow. Still waiting on my EX10 Beta 4W but my ATMOS Black 7S is ready to be installed once it shows up. The feel of the ATMOS line is fantastic and that's why I went with one in my hybrid. I'll have more info on ball flight and such later this week!

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Rescue 19º | UST Recoil DART Hybrid 85H F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

If I could do it again, I'd get a Red for my 15 degree 3wood instead of the Blue. I'd like a little bit more height in my 3w. What I may end up doing if I can't sell this Blue is just get a 3HL and stick my Blue in it. I think that might be my first option anyway, we'll see if I can find a 3HL M2 head at a good price.

If I could do it again, I'd get a Red for my 15 degree 3wood instead of the Blue. I'd like a little bit more height in my 3w. What I may end up doing if I can't sell this Blue is just get a 3HL and stick my Blue in it. I think that might be my first option anyway, we'll see if I can find a 3HL M2 head at a good price.

I don't know about you but my 3HL Tour is too high for me. That Blue might work out good in the HL for you. Let me know how it goes for you.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I don't know about you but my 3HL Tour is too high for me. That Blue might work out good in the HL for you. Let me know how it goes for you.

What kind of shaft do you have in your 3HL? Andrew said if I go that route, I might need a low spin/launching shaft because it might be too high.

What kind of shaft do you have in your 3HL? Andrew said if I go that route, I might need a low spin/launching shaft because it might be too high.

Oban Tour Limited

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Shameless plug. I've got a Atmos Blue 6x available for sale if any one's interest. Shoot me a PM.

If I could handle it I would

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Anyone test the Atmos Black or Blue against a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 1 (Blue) 661? Looking for an overall firmer shaft to lower spin and ball flight.

The 661 in stiff is a great shaft but a little too light in the mid and tip for my preference. I don't live anywhere near a location to test Fujikura shafts so am largely left to internet research before making a blind purchase. That can get quite expensive at this level of shaft.

Also considering a Speeder Evolution II shaft but can't find a demo of that one either. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have the atmos red 6s in a epic sz and the atmos blue 6s in a taylormade m2. The battle will occur. The red feels amazing. I need to find and try the red in shaft.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I have the atmos red 6s in a epic sz and the atmos blue 6s in a taylormade m2. The battle will occur. The red feels amazing. I need to find and try the red in shaft.

I'd really like to try a red to see how it feels. Personally, I like the feel of the Black over the Blue, mainly because of the kick point. Maybe I'll get another Black and put it in a 3HL. There's so many things going through my head.

I'd really like to try a red to see how it feels. Personally, I like the feel of the Black over the Blue, mainly because of the kick point. Maybe I'll get another Black and put it in a 3HL. There's so many things going through my head.

I need higher launch so I didn't even think about the black. I really want the red hybrid shaft.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Anyone test the Atmos Black or Blue against a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 1 (Blue) 661? Looking for an overall firmer shaft to lower spin and ball flight.

The 661 in stiff is a great shaft but a little too light in the mid and tip for my preference. I don't live anywhere near a location to test Fujikura shafts so am largely left to internet research before making a blind purchase. That can get quite expensive at this level of shaft.

Also considering a Speeder Evolution II shaft but can't find a demo of that one either. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Not apples to apples, but I tested a 6 Black against a 757 Evo I.

I found the Atmos to launch higher, but spin less. It also feels much livelier. I can feel the shaft load so much more than the 757 Evo.

I am currently in Texas for a few weeks in the San Antonio area. Got to play a few holes today.

I hit a few today that were legit GolfWRX long, you guys would be proud. The fairways are firmer here than they are at home for me, and the ball hits and just takes off like a scalded dog. FWIW, the M2 I was testing in has been off loaded on the BST and I am playing it in a GBB now, and I am really liking the combo.

Also, really enjoying the Blue 7 in my 3 wood.

I need higher launch so I didn't even think about the black. I really want the red hybrid shaft.

The Black isn't as low as you think but it is pretty low. I had to adjust my M1 from 8 degrees up to 8.75 and it's plenty high and still looooong. I love it. Legit, Atmos Tour Spec is my favorite driver shaft I have played to date.

I am currently in Texas for a few weeks in the San Antonio area. Got to play a few holes today.

I hit a few today that were legit GolfWRX long, you guys would be proud. The fairways are firmer here than they are at home for me, and the ball hits and just takes off like a scalded dog. FWIW, the M2 I was testing in has been off loaded on the BST and I am playing it in a GBB now, and I am really liking the combo.

Also, really enjoying the Blue 7 in my 3 wood.

I don't even want to hear it if you didn't carry it 400 yards. Hahah.

I feel like I can't launch my Blue 7 in my 15 degree 3 wood as high as I want. I hit ONE shot today that was where I wanted it. The rest were a lot lower.

I had an Evolution 661 Tour Spec in stiff but it was in a Taylormade head. Pretty sure TM had done the 1" tipping on it as well. I think that version of the shaft was the "cheaper" version and not using the exotic materials used in the Blue Evolution. That being said, I loved that shaft and head combo. Very smooth, not a ton of spin and not really a high launcher either. That being said, it could not beat the feel of the Atmos. The Atmos Black I have certainly has more kick and the dispersion is still very tight. Again not Apples to Apples since they were not in the same head but I hope it gives you and idea.

On another note, I snuck up on a 2017 Taylormade M1 Tour Issue from a PGA friend of mine. It was one of his backups and had never seen a ball. I am going to test it out with a Hzrdus Black that I have with a TM tip. If it performs as well as I think it will, I'll be getting another Atmos Black to go with it. I have found the 2 Blacks launch and spin roughly the same for me with the Atmos having better feel and kick. If I like what I am seeing from the head then the Hzrdus will be on the BST to fund the Atmos.

Giving the ATMOS another go. Problem is it has been cold a wet so I'm not sure of the ultimate results. This second go around dispersion is great and feel is very good considering 8TX tipped 1". Carry seems to be right where I normally am and the left side is all but eliminated

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"