2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

Agreed on stability especially with a cut. The rogue was like many aldilas for me. I couldn't get it to go right; which was fine until the hook came into play.

Atmos isn't launching as high and I might be a yard or two shorter but...

No slices no hooks and the power fade is in play for me.

I bought it without getting fit and my fitter gave me that look. Put it on the monitor and he said, "that shaft is the real deal"

Agreed on stability especially with a cut. The rogue was like many aldilas for me. I couldn't get it to go right; which was fine until the hook came into play.

Atmos isn't launching as high and I might be a yard or two shorter but...

No slices no hooks and the power fade is in play for me.

I bought it without getting fit and my fitter gave me that look. Put it on the monitor and he said, "that shaft is the real deal"

This is a solid summation of the Atmos' MO - It handles smooth swings when I just want to get it out there, it handles full throttle moves, I can move it to the left without fear, and the cut penetrates with ease.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

I've wavered between the 8TX Black tipped an inch and a 7X Black no tipping and can say I love both in a Ping G LS Tec. If I get a bit tired during the week the 7X gives me a bit more pop. When I start to get a bit twitchy and start hooking the 7X the 8TX straighten things right out. Fujikura makes some phenomenal products. I have a Pro 93 Tour Spec in a 3 wood and love it, might be the FW shaft I've ever hit.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

I wound up going with a Atmos black 7s in my Callway Custom Epic SZ. I typically am a high ball hitter with high....ish spin, and with that, I typically play a loft in the 8-8.5* range. With the Atmos Blk I had to play my SZ at the standard 9* loft due to the low ball flight I was getting. I am looking forward to getting this combo on a Trackman to see the numbers. What a great combo.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

still love my Black.... driving the ball better than i ever have.. best combo easily ive ever had for sure !...Its just filthy long and i can go at it hard and hit that flat hard cut that shoots out low , flies long then gets down on the ground.... you cant do that with every shaft out there..... really has made me curious about a black or blue 8X for my 3 wood...

...do it... :)

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

still love my Black.... driving the ball better than i ever have.. best combo easily ive ever had for sure !...Its just filthy long and i can go at it hard and hit that flat hard cut that shoots out low , flies long then gets down on the ground.... you cant do that with every shaft out there..... really has made me curious about a black or blue 8X for my 3 wood...

...do it... :)

Dear Fujikura,

How do I get my hands on a atmos black 7tx to match my 8tx in my 3 wood? I can only find the 7x from your retailers.

Awesome shafts loving my blue and black

• 2 weeks later...

I've read through this thread and still am not too sure. I'm playing a Speeder Evolution 661 X-Flex currently. What is the comparable shaft in Atmos? Blue 6X or 7x? or Black 6X?

Swing speed of 112. High ball and high spin player. Miss is high and right. Going into a 2017 M1. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've read through this thread and still am not too sure. I'm playing a Speeder Evolution 661 X-Flex currently. What is the comparable shaft in Atmos? Blue 6X or 7x? or Black 6X?

Swing speed of 112. High ball and high spin player. Miss is high and right. Going into a 2017 M1. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you're a legit HIGH ball/spin guy you'll be fine with a Black 6X UNTIPPED

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Thanks Homerun2Birdie. Certainly a high spin/ball guy. Don't know about HIGH though.

Thanks Homerun2Birdie. Certainly a high spin/ball guy. Don't know about HIGH though.

What head are you putting this in? You happen to know your launch/spin numbers by chance?

PXG One & Done | Armlock

i would second the black 6x untipped suggestion..... it will bring your flight down.... just depends on what your eye wants to see... i myself hate a high driver flight and want to see the flat bullet fade exclusivley ... the black 6x is perect for that .... you can rip at it all you want and it wont favor the lefts.... mine is in a 17 M1 440 tipped 1/2 inch... ... i have a big turn and long back swing and aggresive transition... so i ended up with it tipped 1/2 inch.... I would agree to go untipped 1st , you can always pull and tip if that doesnt suit.. but you cant glue any back on after you tip it..lol and for reference i came from a speeder 757X in a JPX 900 which was wayyy too high to live with even turned down to 7.5..... i got more carry but i just dont like to see the flight up there where the wind can carry it off line... your thoughts may vary on that too.... its basically same distances just one rolls and one doesnt... i prefer the roll ... yoiu may not so take that into account

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

the atmos black should be a lower launch, lower spin than the speeder 661 if that's what you are looking for. I recently tested the newer fujikura shafts in a fitting and found the atmos black to be the lowest launch/spin in their line. My previous gamer was the Motore Speeder 6.2 TS and the 6x black was slighlty lower than this. I actually went with the 7x and the spin numbers were marginally lower than the 6x. The blue 6x and 7x in testing had similar launch, maybe a touch higher and slightly more spin than my old gamer. Keep in mind, these weren't big differences between the atmos blue and black, frankly both would have been very playable for me

As hopefully another reference point, my old 3 wood had the speeder 757 (white paint color from about 4 years ago). I replaced it with the Atmos Blue and the launch / spin numbers were very similar.

Ultimately ended up replacing the Motore Speeder 6.2 TS in my Driver with the Black 7x, the Speeder 757 in my 3w with the Blue 8x and the Motore Speeder 8.8 TS in my hybrid with the Black 9.5 HB.

the atmos black should be a lower launch, lower spin than the speeder 661 if that's what you are looking for. I recently tested the newer fujikura shafts in a fitting and found the atmos black to be the lowest launch/spin in their line. My previous gamer was the Motore Speeder 6.2 TS and the 6x black was slighlty lower than this. I actually went with the 7x and the spin numbers were marginally lower than the 6x. The blue 6x and 7x in testing had similar launch, maybe a touch higher and slightly more spin than my old gamer. Keep in mind, these weren't big differences between the atmos blue and black, frankly both would have been very playable for me

As hopefully another reference point, my old 3 wood had the speeder 757 (white paint color from about 4 years ago). I replaced it with the Atmos Blue and the launch / spin numbers were very similar.

Ultimately ended up replacing the Motore Speeder 6.2 TS in my Driver with the Black 7x, the Speeder 757 in my 3w with the Blue 8x and the Motore Speeder 8.8 TS in my hybrid with the Black 9.5 HB.

Great to hear you've found success with 3 ATMOS. Your insights to how it compares to prior models is also spot on and should be helpful to the forum. Thanks for your support of Fujikura!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, they are extremely helpful. I played a few more rounds with the 661 Evo Tour-Spec and the height does seem to be right for me. It seems to be just a bit too high spin (based on the descent angle and lack of roll). Thinking the blue in 6x or 7x may be the better option to match the ball flight. Also, I do not have an aggressive transition. I was unable to get on a launch monitor this weekend, but may be able to get some numbers tomorrow. I will advise then.

I just recently picked up an Atmos Blue 6s to try in my Epic SZ, and played my first round with it this past weekend.. I've been surprised (not in a bad way) at how high I'm launching it, in comparison to the stock Rogue MAX 65s. It's got a nice flight to it, and the feel is great. Definitely better feel than the Rogue MAX. Hard to say too much about dispersion and distance, as I played it on an unfamiliar course. It's always easiest to pick out changes in those things when you get a club on a familiar track.

How is everyone finding the launch of the Blue in fairway woods? I am finding the HZRDUS black 75 6.0 in my Epic 3 wood a bit too low for my liking as compared to my old XR it was in. I rarely use my #3 off the tee and it is basically my long par 4/par 5 second shot club off the deck, trying to decide if the Blue 7S of Red 7S would be better for me (also I am probably switching to the Epic SZ of M2 Tour head due to the smaller footprint).

For reference, I am a ~100 mph driver swing speed, parallel at the top, moderate transition, early release. Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys.

How is everyone finding the launch of the Blue in fairway woods? I am finding the HZRDUS black 75 6.0 in my Epic 3 wood a bit too low for my liking as compared to my old XR it was in. I rarely use my #3 off the tee and it is basically my long par 4/par 5 second shot club off the deck, trying to decide if the Blue 7S of Red 7S would be better for me (also I am probably switching to the Epic SZ of M2 Tour head due to the smaller footprint).

For reference, I am a ~100 mph driver swing speed, parallel at the top, moderate transition, early release. Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys.

I have a blue 8X in my M2 Tour 3 wood and M1 440 driver - 118ish driver swing speed. If they made a 90g option it'd be in my 5wood. Flight is everything I personally look for. Mid penetrating flight, with oodles of feel.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

I see titleist will be offering the Atmos Hybrid shaft in the new 718's HB's.

Has anyone hit the hybrid shaft?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Any one have a direct comparison of the black vs blue in 6x. I hit the black in the new miura driver 10.5 degree loft and absolutely crushed it. My current gamer is a 917 D3 10.5 and was thinking of moving to the blue. I couldn't believe how accurate the black was and am hoping the blue is the same just a little higher launch. Any one move from the black to the blue?

Anyone put this in the G400's? I was absolutely killing it!

Looks like I need a Red!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I see titleist will be offering the Atmos Hybrid shaft in the new 718's HB's.

Has anyone hit the hybrid shaft?

GC70,

I put a Atmos blue 8s HB shaft in my mizuno MP-H5 driving iron to compare to my Tour AD 95 s driving iron graphite shaft. It was very easy to launch. Just the blue was a little higher launching/a bit lighter than I liked. Very easy to elevate though. Next time I might try the 95s in black. Sticking with my Tour AD 95s driving iron setup for now. The MP-H5/atmos blue combo is up on BST now.

Ping G430 Max 10° VA composites Nemesys | Ping G425 LST 15°| Ping G430 Max 7w 21°
Mizuno Pro 225/223 combo 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 s
Vokey SM7 52ºF / Vokey SM9 58ºT 
TM Spider X copper/ BGT Stability Tour shaft 

Anyone put this in the G400's? I was absolutely killing it!

Looks like I need a Red!

Hopefully soon! I am waiting on the corrected LST heads to come to Will Peoples so he can pair it w/ an Atmos Blue 6x shaft set aside for me. Will report back on the results! I love my current gamer- the XR16 pro/atmos blue 6x combo however :)

Ping G430 Max 10° VA composites Nemesys | Ping G425 LST 15°| Ping G430 Max 7w 21°
Mizuno Pro 225/223 combo 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 s
Vokey SM7 52ºF / Vokey SM9 58ºT 
TM Spider X copper/ BGT Stability Tour shaft 

Does anyone know if the Titleist 718 HB's will have the real deal Red or watered down version?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Does anyone know if the Titleist 718 HB's will have the real deal Red or watered down version?

We know :) Yes it is real deal. We're pleased to have partnered with Titleist in this program as these new hybrids are excellent.

That's awesome! I'm so pumped! Now if could only find a deal on a driver and fairway Red?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

i test the Red in my G400 yesterday and it blew everything out of the water! The ball speed was averaging 8 mph faster than all tested! The dispersion with this shaft is unbelievable!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

i test the Red in my G400 yesterday and it blew everything out of the water! The ball speed was averaging 8 mph faster than all tested! The dispersion with this shaft is unbelievable!

That is great to hear! I am looking forward to testing the G400 also