2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

This reminds me of an episode of Franklin and Bash!! when they argued the fact that the guy drank a handful of beers real fast and then drove home and got into an accident, their argument was that he wasn't drunk at the time of the accident but was when the cops arrived. Could be the same case here. Call Franklin and bash

Not all who wander are lost.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
Taylormade M1 5 wood speeder S
Cobra amp cell pro 3-pw X100
Cobra Tour Trusty 53-58 X100
T.P Mills RS

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone is making it sound like a felony to be out at 3am...is it really that unusual for a 41 year old single celebrity billionaire to occasionally or even randomly be out at this hour? really? He owns a restaurant nearby, has a yacht nearby, has a family nearby, presumably has social contacts many or some who may be attractive women. There are many reasons he may have been out, especially for a guy who is a known insomniac. Sure its probably not something you want to do often but after further thought i don't think this is that unusual.

1. The thing that stood out at me is that he had "black athletic shorts" and "white athletic shirt." That isn't exactly club going or partying gear. It's more like posting on WRX from the couch gear!

2. The other thing that I keep seeing over and over is that he was cooperative and not "arrogant" with the arresting officer in the field. We don't know that, exactly. The document that says he was cooperative as much as possible was the testing facility report, which began at 4:22 a.m., presumably after a ride in a cruiser, and over 2 hours since the initial contact. I have no reason to suspect that he was anything but cooperative during the field test and arrest, but I just wanted to point out that the docs we've (or at least I've) seen do not confirm or refute that.

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He was operating a motor vehicle and was impaired. The fact the he wasn't impaired by alcohol means nothing. But what do I know, I'm just a cop.

I have no idea why this concept is so hard to understand- that said, the dashcam footage will be released late tomorrow per GC, so people will be able to watch and draw their own conclusions.

Callaway Razr Fit 11.5*   Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider copper cobalt 35"

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

But impaired driving is illegal. That's the case here.

Has there been a blood test released? Didn't the alcohol test released say he was all 00000?

Were you the cop that pulled him over and did the blood test?

What did his blood test allude to?

Released? No. That's evidence that will be used at trial. It will show all of the scripts Tiger is on. Was I the cop that pulled him over? No, but I've pulled over hundreds of drunk drivers. Have you pulled over any drunk drivers? Can you give us any speciifc qualifications that show your opinion means something?

And no it's not illegal to take prescription meds and drive, but it is illegal if it somehows impairs your ability to drive safely. So why even risk it?

I don't care about the plethora of people that do it without harm. It's obvious that it can happen at any moment

Again.

Narcissists gonna narcissist

Rules or personal responsibility don't apply to me!

Are you for real? Honestly your posts and so all over the place it defies logic.

Absolutely for real. 25 years sober. I too have done my debt to society

What he was doing was illegal. He was impaired

"But doc these are my pills" won't fly when you're blotto.

Mistake? Absolutely. He's made so many of late we have lost count

He didn't suddenly get loopy WHILE driving. He got in the car loopy. Most likely.

Where is his culpability? Personal responsibility?

Or did he figure like many people intoxicated that he could handle it

Maybe he smoked 14 bowls and was blotto

The next time you have buddies drunk take their keys away and watch the fight

Take away the keys away of a guy high on weed

He or she usually laughs

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

But impaired driving is illegal. That's the case here.

Has there been a blood test released? Didn't the alcohol test released say he was all 00000?

Were you the cop that pulled him over and did the blood test?

What did his blood test allude to?

Tiger Woods admitted in his statement he took prescription medication and had an unforeseen reaction to it. This, of course, would be admissible in court so a blood test, while helpful wouldn't really be necessary for a conviction.

You guys on the other side of the Water should ease up on the meds. Pill poppin Sue Ellen to mind!

We do have a serious problem with presccription drugs. But don't you mates over their drink excessively in the pubs? Drinking is like a right of passage in Scotland/England.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

READ IT AND WEEP:

The behavioral effects of prescription medication vary widely, depending not just on the drug but on the person taking it. Some, like anti-anxiety drugs, can dull alertness and slow reaction time; others, like stimulants, can encourage risk-taking and hurt the ability to judge distances. Mixing prescriptions, or taking them with alcohol or illicit drugs, can exacerbate impairment and sharply increase the risk of crashing, researchers say.

875]
“In the past it was cocaine, it was PCP, it was
,” said Chuck Hayes of the International Association of Chiefs of Police. “Now we’re into this prescription drug era that is giving us a whole new challenge.”

875]
The police also struggle with the challenge of prosecuting someone who was taking valid prescriptions.

875]
“How do we balance between people who legitimately need their prescriptions and protecting the public?” said Mark Neil, senior lawyer at the National Traffic Law Center, which works with prosecutors. “It becomes a very delicate balance.”

Some states have made it illegal to drive with any detectable level of prohibited drugs in the blood. But setting any kind of limit for prescription medications is far more complicated, partly because the complex chemistry of drugs makes their effects more difficult to predict than alcohol’s. And determining whether a driver took drugs soon before getting on the road can be tricky, since some linger in the body for days or weeks.

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

TIGER WILL SKATE, mark my words.

Of course he will. Not saying he shouldn't

But he failed to maintain any responsibility. It's 100% his fault.

I promise you if I have an accident and I kill someone while sober, it's an accident.

If I am later found to have had an obscene amount of a narcotic prescribed to me in same accident, vehicular homocide or involuntary manslaughter

The accident without pills is an accident

The accident under the influence, which could have been this one being as he was all Bowditch in the car, isn't an accident

Why are people having difficulty wrapping that around their heads?

According the the Times article I have posted (in the last paragraph) prescription drug/driving charges are "hard to convict".

Dang I must be losing my mind (or my reading and comprehension skills...)

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

The more details that come out, the more this reminds me of the scene from Wolf of Wall Street where Jordan Belfort thinks he made it home safely in his Lambo while slobbering on ludes. Only to see the aftermath later as he is taken to jail.

I remember we went to a "happy hour" that lasted 7 hours with no food and the next day we found out this one guy who lived in NJ went to Grand Central instead of Penn Station and woke up in Conn.

Here is my passive brag...when I was young and looked halfway decent, I would go get lit in a bar and tell some chick I was too drunk to drive and they should take me home. Worked like a charm ; )

OK, this gave me a great laugh. ...still laughing...

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

Sorry, but you're wrong. He was operating a motor vehicle and was impaired. The fact the he wasn't impaired by alcohol means nothing. But what do I know, I'm just a cop.

Well since you're a cop would you mind driving up to Portland and straightening those folks out up there? They lost their collective shiat over a couple ladies that opened up a taco truck:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2017/05/22/19028161/this-week-in-appropriation-kooks-burritos-and-willamette-week

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

THIS IS THE WORST THREAD I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS SITE, and that is really saying something considering a slew of other threads lately. I sincerely hope a lock & clean is in order here, again. :lock: :busted_cop: :lock:

1. Fake news has really gotten out of hand (TMZ).

2. Tiger shouldn't have done what he did, it was illegal. At least no one was hurt, and it wasn't alcohol related.

3. Tiger should seek cease and desist orders for those outlets which didn't wait for any facts to come out before issuing their own verdicts (TMZ).

It's illegal, huh? Were you the cop that arrested him?

Try reading this Times article and re-think your theory.

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

OVI is illegal. It takes a conviction to prove he was guilty.

According the the Times article I have posted (in the last paragraph) prescription drug/driving charges are "hard to convict".

In this case, yes

But if he had hurt someone other than himself, which is my point, not so much

Quit focusing on the isolated outcome and look at the bigger picture of who that truly affects

Yes he got away with it

You and I have and according to your posts you've been caught like me.

Bet you are really wary to do it again. Drunk or not

I don't drink so the odds of me are low

He's not there yet. He jumped in his truck and drove away

Not hard to convict at all. We conduct many tests to show impairment. He failed all of them. He even admitted impairment by saying he had an adverse reaction to his meds.

What's hard to convict is DUII Alcohol when the guy blows less than .08. However, it can still be won if all of the other tests are failed and you can prove impairment. Blowing less than .08 isn't an automatic innocent card like many think. The law is about impairment, not but being "drunk."

Well since you're a cop would you mind driving up to Portland and straightening those folks out up there? They lost their collective shiat over a couple ladies that opened up a taco truck:

http://www.portlandm...willamette-week

LOL. I've been bitching about that since it happened. Apparently you can't be white and cook tacos in Portland. I'm am one of the most liberal people I know, but this PC culture has been spitting in disgust.

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Weather his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

The only part of your post that holds any water is "dirty laundry aired to the entire world" and that's the devil's bargain he (and Earl) struck back in the day. That "dirty laundry", like this incident, are self inflicted wounds. People lose loved ones, fail at their jobs, get divorced, etc., everyday. His negative life experiences aren't as unique as you portray them, just much more public.

Callaway Razr Fit 11.5*   Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider copper cobalt 35"

I had both knees replaced a year apart, on both occasions I was prescribed oxycodone (allergic to hydro) as a painkiller. The first 4-5 days the dosage is quite heavy 2 pills ever 3-4 hours..........that's a LOT of oxy everyday ...........but I never looked messed up, nothing close to what he looks like in that mugshot.

In all fairness Night, it depends on the individual. My last bout of cancer, I was prescribed two 10/325 perks every 3-4 hrs and bear in mind that 90-95% of your docs only prescribe 5/325's(I'm betting Tiger's boy has him on 10/325's if he's on Perks). These are TWICE as strong as a 5/325, have TWICE the oxycodone in them and so one 10/325 is equal to two "regular" perks.

I basically DOUBLED that, taking FOUR 10/325's every 3 hours and the kicker is that I would get about 5-6oz of hot water, throw the perks in it and within 40-60 seconds, they would dissolve and there'd be white power at the bottom of the glass and I'd stir it and shoot it like a liquor shot.

The effect?

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

So I was taking basically 8 regular perks, and I was practically doubling its potency/effect and if you and I interacted belly to belly, you would have had absolutely no idea.

My father, a surgeon(he prescribed narcotics and is fairly astute guy as far as observation skills), had no idea that I was taking this much, nor did Madison or my Mother, both of whom spent the most time around me. Madison just said that sometimes I was very quiet and seemed "withdrawn" however my speech was fine and while my motor skills were obviously affected had I actually had to do something rigerous, it in no way affected my ability to walk or function daily.

My point is that every individual will respond differently and actually the longer that one is on the meds, along with their tolerance rising as their receptors get "torched," they will learn to handle the effects better.

I hope that you're having a nice season Bro

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Whether his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

One word to all those issues he's had the past 10 years. KARMA. He treated people like crap, all the stories about how he never tips anybody, and he's got billion dollars.Having dinner with friends and family, and when he's done eating he just walks out. You can't treat people like that. Karma will bit you in the butt.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

Tiger has been through more emotions in the last 10 years than most people go through in a lifetime. Fathers death, top athlete in the world, dirty laundry aired to the entire world, laughing stock of Kymars jokes, divorce, surgery, struggling golf game, the list goes on. Pills are very addictive and if you have depression issues it can be even more serious. It's not hard to understand why / if Tiger does have some depression issues and it's not hard to understand why / if he would abuse the medications. If you can't have sympathy for him as a human being than you have your own issues that are more than likely deeper than his. Weather his issues are self inflicted or not it's hard not to feel bad for the guy.

The only part of your post that holds any water is "dirty laundry aired to the entire world" and that's the devil's bargain he (and Earl) struck back in the day. That "dirty laundry", like this incident, are self inflicted wounds. People lose loved ones, fail at their jobs, get divorced, etc., everyday. His negative life experiences aren't as unique as you portray them, just much more public.

Let's see him get the trials and tribulations of life like you and I have on OUR salary

Not his. Good point.

Sorry he was arrested but it wasn't like there was probable cause

Best, or I should say most accurate post in the thread!!

I can relate though This is no excuse-

And yea, when someone melts down, it usually is always self-inflicted

He's just gotta come to grips with it and let someone in

Stay well my Friend?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-arrested-for-dui-in-florida/

The legendary golfer was busted on suspicion of driving under the influence in South Florida early Monday when a cop smelled booze on his breath during a traffic stop and Woods refused to take a Breathalyzer, a report said.

He was heading southbound — in the opposite direction of his $83 million waterfront home and his restaurant The Woods, local reports said.

The 14-time major champion, who was the world’s No. 1 golfer longer than anyone else, was driving a 2015 Mercedes-Benz “erratically, all over the road” when he was stopped, law-enforcement sources told TMZ.

Woods’ girlfriend, stylist Kristin Smith, the ex-wife of former Dallas Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh, learned about Woods’ arrest during a phone call she received inside a Neiman-Marcus store in Dallas, TMZ said.

Several shoppers said Smith “went crazy,” saying, “I knew it, I knew it,” the Web site said.

Smith then reportedly began crying, bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and left the store.

So this appears to be a totally fabricated story. Truly Fake News. Beware what you believe from the media.

One word to all those issues he's had the past 10 years. KARMA. He treated people like crap, all the stories about how he never tips anybody, and he's got billion dollars.Having dinner with friends and family, and when he's done eating he just walks out. You can't treat people like that. Karma will bit you in the butt.

compassion is an aspiration, a state of mind, wanting others to be free from suffering. It's not passive -- it's not empathy alone -- but rather an empathetic altruism that actively strives to free others from suffering. Genuine compassion must have both wisdom and lovingkindness. That is to say, one must understand the nature of the suffering from which we wish to free others (this is wisdom), and one must experience deep intimacy and empathy with other sentient beings (this is lovingkindness).
Dalai Lama

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-woods-arrested-for-dui-in-florida/

The legendary golfer was busted on suspicion of driving under the influence in South Florida early Monday when a cop smelled booze on his breath during a traffic stop and Woods refused to take a Breathalyzer, a report said.

He was heading southbound — in the opposite direction of his $83 million waterfront home and his restaurant The Woods, local reports said.

The 14-time major champion, who was the world’s No. 1 golfer longer than anyone else, was driving a 2015 Mercedes-Benz “erratically, all over the road” when he was stopped, law-enforcement sources told TMZ.

Woods’ girlfriend, stylist Kristin Smith, the ex-wife of former Dallas Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh, learned about Woods’ arrest during a phone call she received inside a Neiman-Marcus store in Dallas, TMZ said.

Several shoppers said Smith “went crazy,” saying, “I knew it, I knew it,” the Web site said.

Smith then reportedly began crying, bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and left the store.

So this appears to be a totally fabricated story. Truly Fake News. Beware what you believe from the media.

Yea well it's the NY Post quoting TMZ. Hardly the bastion of hard news.

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

This is 100% false.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Dude, come on now. Tiger, distraught over being the "laughing stock of my jokes" TOTALLY Holds water.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

http://www.portlandm...willamette-week

LOL. I've been bitching about that since it happened. Apparently you can't be white and cook tacos in Portland. I'm am one of the most liberal people I know, but this PC culture has been spitting in disgust.

It's "cultural appropriation". lol

I wonder how those who accuse others of CA can live with themselves since they use electricity, drive cars, take medications, and the like. :-)

Heck, maybe only those who are Scottish should be allowed to play golf. :-)