2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this affect his ability to travel internationally, like Bob Probert (80s/90s Detroit hockey player who wasn't allowed to enter Canada due to a DUI)?

first he would need to be convicted of it and it would have to go on his record. Secondly, he could still get in under other circumstances. A quick Google search gives you those answers but with all the legal knowledge present, I know why you asked here instead of going there.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Could this affect his ability to travel internationally, like Bob Probert (80s/90s Detroit hockey player who wasn't allowed to enter Canada due to a DUI)?

first he would need to be convicted of it and it would have to go on his record. Secondly, he could still get in under other circumstances. A quick Google search gives you those answers but with all the legal knowledge present, I know why you asked here instead of going there.

The collective knowledge here puts OJ's dream team to shame. It is a truly wondrous collection of legal minds.

That said, the explanation on Probert's wikipedia page is totally different from what I remember. So... never mind.

Serious post 1st thing this morning.... I hope everyone here could pickup on the fun last night... i figured this super serious thread that is frought with facts and hardline data could use some humor.... that aside..

Today i would love to just say that I for one feel sorry for Tiger .. not because he didnt make his own choices. But just as one human to another. I feel like he is struggling with the reality of his physical state . And its manifesting itself in the ways we have seen.

Yesterday i was on the practice green at my home course and heard no less than 3 conversations going that had members reveling in this news. These guys were actually giddy about it. quotes could be heard that said ( paraphrasing slightly) " i have said for years he wasnt good for the game and here we are ....the truth comes out ".... as if he is now a drug dealer or soemthing..... also heard a couple other expletives attached to some other words of description i cant mention here. I eventually left as it was making me angry listening....( small green i had no choice but to hear, and eventually would have had no choice but to say something).... I said allthat to say this...

I sincerely hope no-one here is really happy iniside that a fellow man has fallen as Tiger has.... I just cannot subscribe to the idea that its ok to kick a man when hes down.. even an enemy... and nobody here knows him well enough to call him enemy... ( i assume).. If you are in the camp of disgusted or dissapointed then count me as agreeing.. I am dissapointed... I have an 8 year old that i have had to explain what "Tiger did" as its on any channel that he and I have watched for 24 hours ( we love sports) .... But i dont hate the man .. I woud still love to see him get help and be healthy.. if that includes golf cool., if not... well he doesnt owe us anymore than what hes given...

Sorry for the sermon i guess.. But i thought about this all evening and still on my mind this morning...After hearing those guys in person yesterday I find it troubling that there are people in this world that enjoy seeing someone fall like this and i find it disgusting the reason that they enjoy it.. heres to hoping tiger gets some real friends around him , and gets his mind into a better place. Again not really aiming at anyone here.. Just wanted to get that off my chest and maybe make someone think of how it looks if we get over the top with comments sometimes...

Great post, buddy.

Yep, Great post Blade!!

There's a lot of trash in this game and unfortunately, they ain't part of those 5 mill that left the game-

As for the future, well, we can only hope that they are part of another mass exodus

Stay well my Friend?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

#1, oxycodone is present in both Percocet/percodans(IR) and in OxyContin(ER). Percocets are Immediate Release and OxyContin Extended Release. It is correct that OxyContins were redesigned so that if their integrity was compromised in an attempt to quicken the oxycodone's bioavailability, it would render the pill worthless so as to avoid the overdoses that were occurring.

Wow. Please stop spouting this nonsense before you end up killing someone. It's evident you have no idea what the term 'bioavailability' means, since you like to use it interchangeably with the term 'absorption'.

While it's true that Oxycontin tabs were reformulated a few years back to make them more difficult to grind into powder, doing so does NOT "render the pill worthless so as to avoid the overdoses that were occurring." The active ingredient remains active and will still produce clinical effects.

As I stated previously, the numbers that I used come from Dr. Cyril Wecht, a world renowned Pathologist, Medical Examimer and researcher who got involved in invitro testing fallowing a rash of deaths in which he was called in on resulting from OxyContin over doses. He gave this lecture in Pgh, Miami and at UCLA. Please do not quote me garbage from the internet where just like here, you've gotta bunch of yoyo's with fake usernames, ficticious avatars and their tone of anonymous certainty far far far far exceeds any academic or intellectual knowledge.

Without giving a reference to a study or a publication that backs up these numbers you're quoting, you're doing the exact same thing that you're accusing others of doing.

I'm a physician here at UCLA in Westwood. When did Wecht speak here? I can't seem to find any evidence such a lecture occurred.

However nothing was done to Percocets/Percodans and this is just my Opinion, though it's based on being in on over 4200+ surgeries as the proprietor of an orthopedic implant distributorship and also as a Physician CME Lecturer on Scheduled Dispensing and that is that most docs, strike that, virtually all docs prescribe Perks post op though I've seen a few prescribe Vikes(WTF???) and not OxyContins as a post-op med.

"Being in on over 4200+ surgeries as a proprietor of an orthopedic implant distributorship" does not in any way qualify you to comment on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of a drug, especially one like Oxycontin.

obviously I am not a Physician

That's quite evident.

I know of no docs that prescribe the 650 Percocets because the main reason in prescribing them is pain relief versus their anti-inflammatory function.

Guess what - neither Oxycodone nor Acetaminophen have significant anti-inflammatory actions. They are both centrally acting analgesics. You must be thinking of NSAID medications.

Good God, not only is this thread becoming more and more pointless, it's becoming more dangerous with all the pharmaceutical misinformation being thrown around here. Moderators, if any of you are reading this I suggest you delete the posts discussing how certain drugs should/shouldn't/are being taken. I don't think you want to deal with the liability if/when someone decides to read some of the ridiculous posts from non-physicians and ends up killing him/herself.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

I agree about not wishing any ill will on him but i also think some of the criticism is justified. This is a man who has been given every opportunity in life and is someone who his dad could not be proud of anymore. Mind you i mean the man, not the player, those are not the same thing and Im sorry being arguably the greatest player in the game doesn't make you a good man. Like i said in my other post, i hope he gets it together for his kids sake. Would you be proud to call him your father or son right now?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9°@11° Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Good God, not only is this thread becoming more and more pointless, it's becoming more dangerous with all the pharmaceutical misinformation being thrown around here. Moderators, if any of you are reading this I suggest you delete the posts discussing how certain drugs should/shouldn't/are being taken. I don't think you want to deal with the liability if/when someone decides to read some of the ridiculous posts from non-physicians and ends up killing him/herself.*

* Please consult with the GolfWRX "Tour Talk" forum before taking this, or any other medications. Side effects may include yips, shanks, snap hooks, chili-dips, or death.

Good God, not only is this thread becoming more and more pointless, it's becoming more dangerous with all the pharmaceutical misinformation being thrown around here. Moderators, if any of you are reading this I suggest you delete the posts discussing how certain drugs should/shouldn't/are being taken. I don't think you want to deal with the liability if/when someone decides to read some of the ridiculous posts from non-physicians and ends up killing him/herself.*

* Please consult with the GolfWRX "Tour Talk" forum before taking this, or any other medications. Side effects may include yips, shanks, snap hooks, chili-dips, or death.

I'm confused. Is interpol a doctor or a lawyer, because that looks like legal advice.

I am enjoying the Richard and Interpol discussion - I have nothing to add to it, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I don't think I have anything more to add to it either. Nothing against Richard personally, but he's not doing anyone any favors by posting all this misinformation and then trying to qualify himself by saying he's been in on 4200+ surgeries as a medical device rep. Yes it sounds impressive but he's talking about things that are better off left to those who actually know what they're talking about.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

I'm confused. Is interpol a doctor or a lawyer, because that looks like legal advice.

Let me help you with that. I'm a doctor. It doesn't take a lawyer to recognize when a thread is slowly inching towards a liability red line.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

Doctor- I'm guessing an Anesthesiologist would be acutely aware of liability issues

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

Is it too far fetched to think that someone else was driving, crashed the car, fled the scene, Tiger woke up during the crash, jumped in the driver's seat and attempted to drive, but the vehicle wouldn't move, so he was like F it and passed out? It shouldn't be too far fetched because I've seen it first hand......more than I can count!

You weren't there and neither was I, but speculating isn't something that holds up in court. Just the facts! There's enough to prosecute for the DUI, but to prove he was involved in a crash would take witnesses or evidence. And so far, I haven't heard any.

You were on the OJ jury, right?

He's just playing devils advocate saying it would be near impossible to convict on a hit and run charge with limited evidence iof the actual hit and run. At least that's what I got from it.

That's exactly what I was saying. At least someone is intelligent enough to understand my point.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/52967-thug-hunters-bag/page__hl__thug+hunter"]WITB Link[/url]

Titleist 915 8.5º D3 Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 915F 16.5º Rogue Black 70X
Titleist 816 H2 21º Diamana 70S
Titleist 712 AP2 3-PW S300
Titleist SM6 52º & 58º Jet Black
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2 or #8
Under Armour Storm Match Play stand bag (Blue Marker)

He's anything he wants to be. He has a Jack "The Hammer" Hamm picture. I'd let the guy do my taxes or fix my car if he wanted to. Then when he messed it up, I'd apologize to him.

He's anything he wants to be. He has a Jack "The Hammer" Hamm picture. I'd let the guy do my taxes or fix my car if he wanted to. Then when he messed it up, I'd apologize to him.

POWWWWWWWWW

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

I think Perc's are a problem with lots of athletes from my friends in pro sports

Their immediate release is much more addictive than slow release oxy (when you take the right dose) .... been thru all this myself a dozen years ago after my back surgeries

Oxycontin was a MAJOR problem until Purdue changed it so it couldn't be crushed and still be active (too may folks snorting and injecting)

Cally AIS TD Max 11.5* Ventus Black TR 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 17* Ventus Black 5x 

Callaway ‘16 GBB 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

I believe it was vicodin and booze that sent him to rehab previously (from his knee issues). I am surprised he's back on it, WARNING sign

Cally AIS TD Max 11.5* Ventus Black TR 5x

Callaway AI Smoke TD 17* Ventus Black 5x 

Callaway ‘16 GBB 19* Ventus Blue 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

Let me help you with that. I'm a doctor. It doesn't take a lawyer to recognize when a thread is slowly inching towards a liability red line.

That may be true, but it also may be illegal to give legal advice without being a lawyer. I don't know, since I'm not a lawyer, but google may be your friend.

That's not legal advice, just a guess...but that guess is based on information obtained from my lawyer.

id say we are being just a tad melodramatic here .... nobody is going to die from reading posts here...... as for liability ...the internet is full of things that may or may not be true... if people were sued for liable for that wouldnt it be all cleaned up by now ? as far as the argument .. i have a loved one with Fibromayalsia and at a debilitating level... she grinds up everything she takes (and its alot of strong stuff) because she has issues swallowing .... and she claims it takes effect faster... placebo ? could be.. but you wont convince her any different.... and lastly ..nobody else here has a F-in clue what you two are talking about ... not enough to make some decision on medication etc.. so its a non issue...

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That may be true, but it also may be illegal to give legal advice without being a lawyer. I don't know, since I'm not a lawyer, but google may be your friend.

That's not legal advice, just a guess...but that guess is based on information obtained from my lawyer.

Why would it be illegal to suggest that a moderator delete posts containing certain subject matter?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

giphy.gif

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

Why would it be illegal to suggest that a moderator delete posts containing certain subject matter?

To answer that question, you should probably talk to a lawyer who specializes in this kind of thing. As I said, I'm not a lawyer and am just guessing...based on information obtained while talking to a lawyer.

id say we are being just a tad melodramatic here .... nobody is going to die from reading posts here...... as for liability ...the internet is full of things that may or may not be true... if people were sued for liable for that wouldnt it be all cleaned up by now ? as far as the argument .. i have a loved one with Fibromayalsia and at a debilitating level... she grinds up everything she takes (and its alot of strong stuff) because she has issues swallowing .... and she claims it takes effect faster... placebo ? could be.. but you wont convince her any different.... and lastly ..nobody else here has a F-in clue what you two are talking about ... not enough to make some decision on medication etc.. so its a non issue...

I agree with you, the chances of someone injuring or killing themselves from reading posts in this thread is low, but that doesn't make posting misinformation any less irresponsible. I will point out that I did say earlier that grinding up pills will lead to faster onset of effects because of faster absorption, so your loved one isn't wrong. But that's not what we were talking about.

Anyway, this subject has deviated enough. Back to more speculation on what Tiger is addicted to!

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60