2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Shiels Crossfield Vlogs

jola

Really enjoy all the videos including Crossfield, Shiels, Finch, Ryan, Newton, and Me and My Golf (and a few others if I'm totally honest). They've all become pretty successful and have changed a bit but overall they are really fun to watch. Like Crossfield's latest vlog series with him and his kids, lots of funny stuff and great lessons - somethign really different in his teaching methods beyond the normal teaching. He really sees through the bs in a lot of other videos and presents a very simple method to his teaching. And Coach Lockey is pretty funny too on the travel vlogs. Enjoy watching them all.
Agree. I enjoy Michael Newton the most of your list. He can crush it. He seems very approachable, especially over a pint.

Cleveland XL Classic Driver
TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Strong 3 Wood
Ping G15 4 Wood
Adams Super S 3H Hybrid
Adams Idea Black CB3 Irons 4-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 58
Yes Tracy Putter / McGregor Bobby Grace M1 Putter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've starting enjoying Michael newton. Not only is his swing beautiful, he's a srixon fan boy.

Just needs a bit more money needs invested

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

Go through phases of watching them then getting annoyed and not watching for ages....

The MC vlogs with Andy Sullivan and Westy are awesome - match up of the humour levels.

Prefer Finch over Shiels and Rick just reminds me of the guy at high school who was sub-5 and a total show off..... saying that, the battle golf series is hysterical.

There is an interesting point about club reviews - MC said recently that he has not bought a club for years and gets them all free or at reduced RRP. Then you have PF, me and my golf etc all off to Taylor Made saying how awesome their product is. Thye cant really relate to the average player to whom dropping 450 quid on a new driver for a change is out of reach.

Golden rule - they are ambassadors for various products giving you 'free advice' on youtube......

I am about to go an book a trip with your golf travel and buy a 4 new TM milled wedges.........

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - Aldila Rogue 110 60 s

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i / Titleist TS2 5w

Titleist TMb 4i

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw - KBS C-taper lite S

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

I watch all of the guys vlogs pretty regularly. Crossfield can get on my nerves sometimes more than others because he just wont shut up. I couldnt imagine playing a whole round with that guy. And there is no way - zero - that Rory plays off a 7. Im a 13 and I would tear him up all day long.

Here lately, Ive been watching Golfholics and my mouth waters over some the courses they play on. These guys seem to have it together pretty well and I enjoy their style and change of pace from all of the other vloggers.

+1 for Lockey Magic, and Happy Burfday Mr. Parfield. Keep up the good work. See you at Augusta one of these days.

Don't forget Rory "I am a 7 handicap" Anderson!

I think Rory deserves my moniker here are the site. I've seen him lay the sod over the ball more than any other 6 handicap. I think he's honestly more of a 15. He does hit a nice shot once in a while though. Lockey seems like he's always set up too far away from the ball, and hits it off the toe.

I think the new wave with these guys seems to be heading toward "pro vlogs" where they get tour guys and gays on the channel to just chat, or to play a casual round with. I think the views on the RS & Danny Whillett vids were some of his highest. Don't think MC has gotten many rounds in with guys like that? Also, as sexist as it may sound, whoever can get the most vlogs with the more attractive female LPGA players is going to see a big spike in views and subs. I don't even like RS vlogs that much, but I sure as hell liked watching Carly kick his a** (and she's easy on the eyes to boot).

Indoor data sessions are out, on course reviews and playing vlogs are in.

He's just posted Vlogs with Lee Westwood and Andy Sullivan.

I prefer his content to RS and PF, I use to enjoy watching the club reviews with the mid handicapper but they just got ridiculous and over opinionated.

Andy Carter, Matt Fryer, Steve Buzza, Teeuplotv and Golf Vlogs UK (not sure how non Brits will take the last two) are all good viewing.

Exactly this. Wee Rob who started off as a mid HCP and is still a mid HCP after all these years of working with Rick became a parody of himself in the reviews.

Yes your ex was a brute, no golf clubs look nothing like it, yes the 7 iron carries 147. Very insightful​ stuff Rob.

I enjoy all three of them. I look forward to the daily subscription updates on YouTube. In all honesty, I miss Crossfield's old equipment reviews. I don't mind the playing vlogs but I wish he would go back to his old equipment review style.

I would also love to see a match between the 3 of them.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

Enjoy watching them, mostly for entertainment purposes. A few comments directed Rick and Pete's way still smack of the pettiness that the same people have posted about them previously. Quit watching them if you don't like it. All of them are living a little bit of a dream some would like to share and others are envious of, good for them.

Golf needs this kind of stuff!

I love Crossfield and Shiels, and Finch is great too. HOWEVER, you guys should check out Golfaholics! Mike and Marko, 2 very down to earth guys, they don't try to teach or anything just out to golf and have fun. Great video editing, funny back and forth, awesome music for the vids, and they aren't too bad swinging the sticks either. anyway just my 2 cents.

I watch all of the guys vlogs pretty regularly. Crossfield can get on my nerves sometimes more than others because he just wont shut up. I couldnt imagine playing a whole round with that guy. And there is no way - zero - that Rory plays off a 7. Im a 13 and I would tear him up all day long.

Here lately, Ive been watching Golfholics and my mouth waters over some the courses they play on. These guys seem to have it together pretty well and I enjoy their style and change of pace from all of the other vloggers.

lol I just posted about them too, I didn't read thru all the post cause I really didn't think there'd be another golfaholic fan on here.

And this thread, ssssssssssss'Britishhhhhhhh

Anyways, I too really enjoy Golfholics. I also am happy to see to Gabriel Writer and his buddy Blair back making videos again.

There's another good American too, Christo, from my swing evolution. He was making a lot of cool videos of his quest to swing more and more like Hogan. He had a lot of interesting videos. He has slowed down recently, it appears.

Shiels, Crossfield, and Finch all seem annoying to me. I mean, I watch their videos but enjoy the American videos more as they are not so whiney and complainey all the time.

The best vloggers from the UK are Me and My Golf for sure.

The crossfield/Sullivan match is prob my favorite video of all of them and made me a Sullivan fan.

I liked the old shiel videos when it was more product review. Prob same for Crossfield too. The over production I get, I'm just not a fan of it. I don't mind Rob although it's interesting to see his 7 iron distance gain from 135 to the 150ish but he's testing stronger lofts.

Teepulo made me feel more in line with the product review because he couldn't hit one on line at all and doesn't hit it well. Since I am not a bomber like Rick I relate more.

I don't get the haters - you have several guys who have decent golf knowledge and are broadly representative of the better spectrum of golfers doing in depth reviews of clubs, balls, and courses, and playing rounds with touring pros, and all for free.

10 years ago you had NOTHING, but a dog eared copy of Today's Golfer to flick through for the umpteenth time.

This website is just 24/7 whinging (yes, I get the irony).

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Rick Shiels is a tool way over his head.

Can't putt for his life and he loses the ball both sides of the fairway off the tee. Also his YT titles are ridiculous. "BEST IMPROVEMENT OF A 30 HCP EVER!" and whatnot. I started playing less than two years ago and those were the guys that were on YT, but I immediately stopped following Shiels and Finch. They are not entertaining and their reviews were subpar.

Crossfield on the other hand provides entertaining content (although having his kids around all the time is not). I go to MGS for reviews, these dudes have sponsorship written all over their foreheads.

Anyone like Me and My Golf?

TM overload.

I've been using M&MG to supplement my wife's lessons, and she seems to be able to grasp their concepts quite easily. Crossfield's golf instruction is too geeky/involved for beginners (or me for that matter and I've been playing 25 years).

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Anyone like Me and My Golf?

TM overload.

Having met them, most definitely. Both absolutely top blokes. Had a lesson with Piers and he was an excellent teacher, made some really positive changes to my swing in the lesson, gave me some really good drills to take away and then emailed me a video going over everything we'd run through, was brilliant. Then played 9 holes round The Grove with Andy and he's a top lad. Great fun, and a hell of a golfer. Hits it miles, and his short game is top notch. They're so professional too. Saw first-hand Andy doing a bit of filming on the 6th at The Grove for Golf Monthly, talking through how to play the hole and he rattled it off perfectly first time, with no preparation and no script, made it look so easy.

Both are scratch and know so much and are are wonderful golfers but it really makes you appreciate how great the guys on tour are.

Having seen tour players compete many times at various events, I already knew how good they are. But watching them against Mark made me realize a couple things. They're human. Westwood, Sullivan, Colsaerts, all hit alot of very average shots at best during their matches with Mark. Now, granted they're not trying with the same level of focus as they might on tour but they still are under little pressure against Mark and so I expected to see laser beams at every single flag every time. Okay, Westwood turned it on the second time at Close House. He was stiffing it nearly every swing. But they're human.

I've become a huge Andy Sullivan fan thanks to Mark's posts. He's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Now played their last practice round at West Lancs before Regional Qualifying. Pete shot +1, Rick shot +3. So despite playing under zero pressure they're still not breaking par. Anyone giving them any chance of making it through?

Prove me wrong but it might be a struggle - if you look through the fields for qualfying there are hosts of professionals that play in competition regulalrly and have committed full time to purely play on the circuit.

That will be the difference between guys maybe with a higher talent level but dont compete that often.

After last year all their talk was that had to knuckle down for this year - but from the outside it seems that there ahs been much more youtube career going on......

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - Aldila Rogue 110 60 s

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i / Titleist TS2 5w

Titleist TMb 4i

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw - KBS C-taper lite S

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

Now played their last practice round at West Lancs before Regional Qualifying. Pete shot +1, Rick shot +3. So despite playing under zero pressure they're still not breaking par. Anyone giving them any chance of making it through?

Prove me wrong but it might be a struggle - if you look through the fields for qualfying there are hosts of professionals that play in competition regulalrly and have committed full time to purely play on the circuit.

That will be the difference between guys maybe with a higher talent level but dont compete that often.

After last year all their talk was that had to knuckle down for this year - but from the outside it seems that there ahs been much more youtube career going on......

+1 on this. You would have thought that if they had really been serious about giving the 'Quest for the Open' their best shot they would have cut back the YouTubing to the bare minimum and spent the time thus saved in play and practice - particularly on the short game, where neither seems particularly strong. This lack of focus tends to support the cynical view I formed last year - that the 'quest' was not so much for the Open but to boost their number of subscribers via a soap opera approach to their progress.

I haven't watched Rick Shiels in quite a while. I was watching his Dan Whittaker swing rebuild videos when he was doing those. I go this morning to see what recent videos he has and I see his own swing instruction videos..wth! Imo, He shouldn't be doing those he should be deferring to Dan for swing instruction videos. If he wants to teach what he has learned in his private instructional practice I'm good with that.