CFB Season

Warrick

Has Harbaugh won any games of significance at Michigan?

Yeah, last year in the shoe,LOL

In fairness his only real quality win was last year against Wisconsin. You can count Colorado and PSU too but each one of those involved significant injuries to the other team that weakened them. I don't count them.

It's put up or shut up time though. They have a b**** of a schedule next year, and have to make some changes on offense. 9 passing TD in a season ain't gonna do it

CPP, FWIW. Found myself pulling quietly for the Wolverines yesterday. Wanting the B1G to run the table in bowl games. And I thought they were going to pull it off until the 4th quarter collapse. Lack of proficient QB play has been a big detriment for them all year. Perhaps the kid from Miss. will bring a measure of competent play next year. Don't think Peters is your anser. This is the second time that they've needed a transfer to be their starting QB. Time to develop one within the program. The OL, not a strong suit this year, is a mess moving forward to next season. That use to be one of UM's strong suits, year after year. Quality offensive lineman, routinely.

I hear grumbling from Wolverine Nation (a couple buds that are grads) that its past time for Harbaugh to get his act together. Cease with the antics and get down to business. Develop a system QB, stop making on the field coaching blunders, win meaningful games. Start earning the the boatload of money that he and his coordinators are being paid. Not my words, theirs. Spoke with one of them (a long time M Club member) yesterday afternoon and he was livid. He's questioning whether Harbaugh is the right person for being HC.

Difficult to remain in a vacuum relative to the state of affairs in Ann Arbor. UM football consumes a lot of oxygen around here. Trying hard to keep my observations tempered and without malice.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a hard time buying a young QB beating a Saban defense with that much prep time, even as well as he played this season.

I look forward to watching Chubb and Michel running against that D, but another young QB. Kirby should know what to expect.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

In fairness his only real quality win was last year against Wisconsin. You can count Colorado and PSU too but each one of those involved significant injuries to the other team that weakened them. I don't count them.

It's put up or shut up time though. They have a b**** of a schedule next year, and have to make some changes on offense. 9 passing TD in a season ain't gonna do it

CPP, FWIW. Found myself pulling quietly for the Wolverines yesterday. Wanting the B1G to run the table in bowl games. And I thought they were going to pull it off until the 4th quarter collapse. Lack of proficient QB play has been a big detriment for them all year. Perhaps the kid from Miss. will bring a measure of competent play next year. Don't think Peters is your anser. This is the second time that they've needed a transfer to be their starting QB. Time to develop one within the program. The OL, not a strong suit this year, is a mess moving forward to next season. That use to be one of UM's strong suits, year after year. Quality offensive lineman, routinely.

I hear grumbling from Wolverine Nation (a couple buds that are grads) that its past time for Harbaugh to get his act together. Cease with the antics and get down to business. Develop a system QB, stop making on the field coaching blunders, win meaningful games. Start earning the the boatload of money that he and his coordinators are being paid. Not my words, theirs. Spoke with one of them (a long time M Club member) yesterday afternoon and he was livid. He's questioning whether Harbaugh is the right person for being HC.

Difficult to remain in a vacuum relative to the state of affairs in Ann Arbor. UM football consumes a lot of oxygen around here. Trying hard to keep my observations tempered and without malice.

Yes to all of that. i honestly can't remember a time when we had a dominant O-Line. It's telling when we have RB's in the NFL who stunk while at UM (Thomas Rawls and Fitz Touissaint). Also telling when the corner from South Carolina said they knew what we were going to run (and that they could stop it) after our first two series. Same routes over and over, and they picked it up on film.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

After watching UCF-Auburn, do you feel the committee was too low on them? If so, how much?

On UCF? Yes. Probably should be a #5-6-7 team. Very good all around.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

As one of the few life long gamecock fans who will stick his neck out let me say this.

Michigan this year was a much improved team over the team we played several years ago in the outback bowl. But harbaugh ... man he just seems like a guy without a clue to this observer who had never watched a harbaugh coached game. ( I mean who goes for fourth and 10 on his own 20 with time left )????

They absolutely underestimated one of the best defenses nobody ever hears about. Very young but I mean best defensive coaches and schemes in the sec in my opinion. ( maybe with the exception of Georgia. Time will tell)

Also SC offense you saw was far from the A game they had shown in earlier games. Now admittedly it was just flashes of A. But you’re talking aboot a mostly freshman offense. Bentley is a great passer and a good scrambler. But he is barely high school senior age.

I guess what I’m trying to say is don’t feel bad about the loss because you feel it was a scrub team that should have been beaten easily. Really wasn’t the case. It was a close game until the 4th when sc passing game finally clicked. Was a pretty even matchup that came down to turn overs and coaching in the end.

After all SC is a team thatthiw year held Georgia , who we just saw score all over Oklahoma , to a 24-10 score in Athens between the hedges.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not an Alabama fan but I hope they absolutely destroy Clemson. I hate Dabo and Clemson almost as much as I used to hate Jimbo Fisher and FSU. I think if someone can come out and punch Clemson right in the teeth (specifically their young QB) they could lose big.

OU and Georgia could be a shootout, in which OU is better equipped. They have more firepower and love winning 63-56 games.

Hate to be the guy that quotes himself, but I kinda nailed it!

Besides Georgia outlasting OU which honestly that could've gone either way.

I thought both semi final games were intruiging one was while one wasn't. I wasnt really surpirsed at the Bama game. I had been skeptical of Clemson all year but especially after losing to syracuse. The only chance they had to me was a dominating defensive performance and they had the d-front to accomplish that. But bama's was apparently way better.

The champ. game is intriguing also. Kind of strength vs strength. Georgias running game vs that D from Alabama that looked unstoppable in tje semis. I think its going to come down to the qb's and I dont know if I trust either of them. Fromm looks the better passer but a freshman up against that defense and Saban is tough. Looking forward to the game though!

Line for the finals is dropping and rightfully so. Soft opened at 5.5, dropped to 4.5 in the first 20 minutes and is now down to 3.5 at most spots. Georgia should have the crowd advantage with it being in Atl and their advanced metrics are very very similar, Dawgs do a much better job of converting in the redzone tho which could be a factor. I still like the Tide, I think Saban is a factor over Kirby and with bama's D finally healthy I think that gives them the bump over the true freshman, I'll wait to try to grab -3 though.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I lied, finished on dawgs and the under, dawgs have done good against RPO qbs this whole year and think they can shut hurts down. I know Saban is 12-0 against former employees but he's never played one as less than a td favorite

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Bama is going to shut down UGA and make it hard for UGA to get anything. UGA needs the big plays and Bama isn’t going to give them up.

Bama wins and it’s convincing at that. Thinking by 10-13.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Bama is going to shut down UGA and make it hard for UGA to get anything. UGA needs the big plays and Bama isn’t going to give them up.

Bama wins and it’s convincing at that. Thinking by 10-13.

Yeah totally wrong...

And this game is utterly terrible so far

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

alabama..why on earth cant they dedicate a scholarship to a kicker and get one that can kick... for years they have had no kicking game.. for petes sake

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

will have to say....whatever happens in OT..the look on the dawg fans faces are priceless... you can tell they celebrated the win at halftime...and have woke up from that dream

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

have to tip your cap to Saban, probably no other coach makes that switch at halftime, big sack on Nick. That QB put the nation on notice last night, going to be tough to deal with. Have fun over there Jimbo....

Second half was a joy to watch.

Sony Michel is a stud, about to get paid. He was not on the field enough late in the game. I will jack the name up, but the LB, #3 (Roqwan Smith), stud also.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

have to tip your cap to Saban, probably no other coach makes that switch at halftime, big sack on Nick. That QB put the nation on notice last night, going to be tough to deal with. Have fun over there Jimbo....

Sony Michel is a stud, about to get paid. He was not on the field enough late in the game. I will jack the name up, but the LB, #3 (Roqwan Smith), stud also.

I wondered where Michel was late too. My biggest question mark for Georgia was going to the Wildcat twice on 3rd and fairly short in the second half. Fool a defense like that once (in the first half), but not likely again. Those guys recognize that and KNOW a run is coming. Too good a defense to give them an advantage like that.

I get the new QB changed the play calling but why? Just no confidence in Hurts as a thrower? They guy had like 1 or 2 it's all year. He does make very conservative throws and every time he was pressured he is rolling right. There was a play near the end of the first half where he rolled right and he has moved up and left he couldve ran for 20 yards easily.

I wouldn't say I'm impressed with Hurts as a passer but that first half was so easy for Georgias D. Ridley was burning his guy a lot and got missed or wasn't seen. Take a couple shots even if for nothing more than to loosen up the linebackers.

I wondered where Michel was late too. My biggest question mark for Georgia was going to the Wildcat twice on 3rd and fairly short in the second half. Fool a defense like that once (in the first half), but not likely again. Those guys recognize that and KNOW a run is coming. Too good a defense to give them an advantage like that.

^ For sure. I don't understand why UGA abandoned their first half game plan that worked well. I think it was their last possession where they ran the wildcat on 1st and 3rd down and Bama just ate it up and they punted. Heck, it's almost like the Bama D faked being tired by letting UGA run on them just enough to get Smart to stop trying to stretch the field.