• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

Nerf, I heard your decision, but not your explanation. Why does he have to hit 3 off the tee? Others posted the rules and decisions that would say that City is allowed to hit a provisional in that situation since he thinks it could have stayed out of the hazard. If that's wrong, I'd like to know why so we don't do it next time this happens.

Nerf, I heard your decision, but not your explanation. Why does he have to hit 3 off the tee? Others posted the rules and decisions that would say that City is allowed to hit a provisional in that situation since he thinks it could have stayed out of the hazard. If that's wrong, I'd like to know why so we don't do it next time this happens.

I don't think that's what this is about.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Funny, Tex.

What's your ring made from? Is it stainless? Sterling? Titanium? Are the crosses etched?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Maybe next time I'll poke fun at a life threatening disease that has affected me personally. Maybe that'll get me props.

if you think city or i (or domes for gods sake) was poking fun at a life threatening disease... well, you'd be GD'ed right we were.

what do you want a friend -or the person with it- to do? curl up in a ball and cry woe is me? shake our fists and rage against the odds? what would fit your level of acceptable behavior?

i bet everyone on here has been personally affected by cancer. i sure have. city is. cj. domes. we all have our own coping mechanisms. FFS, domes sure knew that we were supporting him.

humor is ammo.

but i bet you already know that.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

played Bowel Movement this am. in the rain. with my long lost british bud from back in the day, first met him 20 years ago, at gunpowder of all places. he's been gone from the area for over 5 years. first ones of at 7am and no one else there, except for a couple maintenance guys. it was was simply marvelous.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Funny, Tex.

What's your ring made from? Is it stainless? Sterling? Titanium? Are the crosses etched?

Tungsten and etched

If you wore a glove, it’s definitely a cadet.

Magnum xl but I do not wear gloves

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Maybe next time I'll poke fun at a life threatening disease that has affected me personally. Maybe that'll get me props.

if you think city or i (or domes for gods sake) was poking fun at a life threatening disease... well, you'd be GD'ed right we were.

what do you want a friend -or the person with it- to do? curl up in a ball and cry woe is me? shake our fists and rage against the odds? what would fit your level of acceptable behavior?

i bet everyone on here has been personally affected by cancer. i sure have. city is. cj. domes. we all have our own coping mechanisms. FFS, domes sure knew that we were supporting him.

humor is ammo.

And let's not forget that cancer scare back in '15 by our own 827. We thought he was a goner, then all had a hearty laugh when it turned out to be eczema. Just a little Gold Bond and he was on his way to a full recovery.

humor is ammo.

And let's not forget that cancer scare back in '15 by our own 827. We thought he was a goner, then all had a hearty laugh when it turned out to be eczema. Just a little Gold Bond and he was on his way to a full recovery.

MEDICATED Gold Bond.

Let's not downplay the severity too much.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

What we're all missing here is...how did OCGolfRick shoot 80 and 82 this weekend?

Well, it wasn't easy- but I made it look like it. Saturday we dodged the rain to get our Men's League in. I've got the new grips on, I'm bagging a new 2 hybrid Rogue courtesy of the CallyTex Corporation...and everything on the range is leaking right. I then take out my 2 hybrid and am hitting it well. I'm actually paired with my Dad and we're warming up on the range side by side. He's sees me striping it, and says, "We're playing the whites today, why don't you just tee off with that?"

OcGolfRick: "Yeah sure."

So I play the back first, and I' m not hitting it great off the tee, but I scrape it around to a 43. Birdied 17 the par 3 after stuffing a 6 iron in the wind to 3 feet.

But I think about how to improve my tee ball at the turn, and I bang the #2 on 4,5,6, and 8. On those holes, I had 3 pars and a bogey. I proceed to birdie the last par 5 #9 to shoot 37 on the front. An 80- my lowest score in 2 years. I would have walked away with the $60 in winnings, but its was 2 man blind draw, and my partner dropped me down all the way to 3rd place. Enjoy your $12!

I was able to play again Sunday with MeatMike1.0. Abandoned by City like a snap hook drive at Worthington, I have been able to get him out a couple times now. We've been trying to hook up ever since City introduced us, and my wife lets me play Saturdays, and his wife lets him play Sundays, and the weather down here's just been awful. Obviously the solution is to run off together and abandon our wives. His kid is young, and of course that takes up a lot of time, but I told him I know a guy who played just about everyday for the 8 weeks of his paternity leave, and we're not even sure he was present for the birth. Matter of fact, the guy is JUST NOW getting around to buy a car to haul the kid in. He was in awe.

We played Seaside this time, which is the harder course I think, and it was pretty wet. I've been stealthily lobbying for him to join the club, but we got put with a methodical player and a guy who is pretty much an idiot. I was talking to MeatMike, and I didn't realize what had occured on the first tee till the 3rd hole. Both of those two hit it left. We go up and the two balls are about 15 feet apart. They are both Titleist 2, identical in every way. Unmarked.

Turns out Village idiot showed up to play golf without any balls. Methodical player gave him one of his. Neither one marked their ball.

MeatMike: "Is it always like this with these guys?"

Me: "No, not at all!

Internal OcGolfRick voice "Yes, yes it is."

After discussion, and remember I'm trying to get a guy to join the club here, I state that I feel Methodical's player is the one closest to the fairway, as I feel that's where it lands, and that Village idiot's ball is the one deep in the rough. Village idiot opens mouth to protest, sees my stern warning look I'm giving him, and both of his neurons fire and he shuts up. I remind him to mark his ball after the hole ends.

MeatMike played way better than the last time I was with him, and strokes a really long tee ball. I'm rolling the rock great, and teeing off a lot with the #2 hybrid and 3 wood. Then we come to #11 Seaside. Methodical and VI both find the fairway, balls are about 15 feet apart again. Both are Titleist again.

OcGolfRick: "Didn't you mark your ball?

Village Idiot: "Yes, in Yellow."

OCGolfRick "YELLOW???"

Village Idiot: Holds up yellow highlighter.

Luckily Methodical had played a Titleist 3. MeatMike is not impressed with the intellect of OCGC members so far.

But in the wet slop, I played great. I had 7 one putts, as I was short a lot of greens, but got up and down. Had 3 great birdie looks on the par 3's but never converted. Went 41-41 for an 82.

Really playing well. Not only is Tex hybrid and Tex grips working well, but as Fabb asked I think the Tathata program and exercises are making a difference. I'm just getting "through" the ball better lately. Feels good to be playing at a level I feel I should be.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

How about all those times we joked about Domes having "threadAIDS" because he couldn't see posts. Turns out that was early signs of his nodes going bad, and we all just laughed at it instead of recognizing it for what it was.

i think you should get testes tested.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Do you guys ever browse WRX and just think to yourself, "want to know what would be great? If we had more pictures of Charlie Hoffman's legs."? Boy do I have a thread for you: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1650360-2018-us-open-shinnecock-hills-sunday-2/

Literally 13 straight photos of him taking one putting stroke. City would ban GolfWRX from his google photo album if they tried to do that instead of making a gif/video.

Do you guys ever browse WRX and just think to yourself, "want to know what would be great? If we had more pictures of Charlie Hoffman's legs."? Boy do I have a thread for you: http://www.golfwrx.c...hills-sunday-2/

Literally 13 straight photos of him taking one putting stroke. City would ban GolfWRX from his google photo album if they tried to do that instead of making a gif/video.

It's unfortunate they watermarked this image. I was going to have some quality prints made and sell them for their aesthetic beauty. I mean, this is just the soul of the game, right here.

6c342b06f31cac45a6f4742bf548aa16.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

#ringWRX

My wife made a cool ring for our wedding, got a jeweler to custom make a titanium ring with some NH granite embedded in it. Irony is as much as I love it, I never wear it during golf season. I have Fabblike wispy fingers that get all banged up with it on so it sits in the basement where I know I'll find it - on top of an old Ovechkin bobblehead.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

^^^

That's cool, DC.

I don't wear mine, ever. I just take it off and put it on so much while playing that I know I will lose it.

I think that's why I get "the eye" from a lot of ladies at the club.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green