• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

Bayrat, didn’t know you were that handy. Well done. You can come over and help on my basement if you wish, please.

Bayrats are VERY good at fixing stuff, especially if there is cheap beer/MJ/yumyumtime waiting on the other end.

He could probably build you a serviceable boat engine out of scrap with enough incentive.

Tell me I’m lying Clammer.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Im honor of Tommy, I putted with a claw grip on Saturday. First round, with two days of practice inside. I just hadnt been starting my putts on line, and needed a change.

Worked pretty well. My lines and roll were better than I can recall this year. My distance on long putts wasnt good, so I had a few 3 putts. But thats to be expected since its so different. Overall I was rolling it really nice. Made more than my fair share of 6-10 footers, and a couple of longer ones.

Suggestion as you work it in:

Claw grip under 20 feet.

Traditional grip otherwise. Unless you had terrible lag putting prior, this might be a good bridge.

Weren’t we talking about how good your putting was not that long ago? Whappened.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Enjoying not knowing what LilChen’s real first name is.

Hope he’s cool with me calling him LilC aka LC aka DJ lowercase.

Also THDC is getting re-nicknamed BigChen.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Guess I’m just up talking to myself here. Not even GMen drunk on a boat to keep me company. Whatevs.

Two man scramble is an awesome way to judge your golf potential. Just enough pressure where you know your shot matters, can freewheel if you partner is safe (if short).

Not to toot my own horn here (well, actually yes, that’s exactly what I’m about to do), but I was 95% awesome when it was my shot or sh*t. Wasn’t great with the putter, maybe it’s just my perception. I’ve obviously never had 16 GIR in a round on my own. Never had that many birdie opportunities, no idea what a “good” conversion rate is. Felt like I missed a ton. As the second guy putting, if I didn’t make, I scared the hole on almost all of them. Felt like I left 3 out there... which is exactly what it would have taken to win. The team that came in first made 9 birdies.

Game is in good shape for the MD Cup qualifier at Worthington. Tweaked the left knee and had an unreal calf cramp (still recovering from that traumatic experience) yesterday, but overall the body feels good. Excited. Feels like I’ve been building up to this moment all year, had the date circled for months, and I feel ready.

Teaming up with GolferDrew. Gonna be great.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

If someone (especially city) wants to post a hole by hole on Worthington with specific advice on tee shot lines/club choices and no-nos around the green, I would be most appreciative.

I’ve got general ideas on what to do on each hole. Would love specific info.

Playing blue tees, likely pushed back as far as they can go.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Been gone for 10 days. Will catch up on the thread the next couple of days.

Tomorrow, my new golf life starts for real. First of (at least) a six pack of lessons. I'm so sick of not enjoying golf and wasting great golf courses/experiences because I am playing so far below how well I know I can play. My primary goal is to make by bad shots better. That is all I am telling the guy. Help me make my misses (particularly off the tee) not as bad.

GNight.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Been gone for 10 days. Will catch up on the thread the next couple of days.

Tomorrow, my new golf life starts for real. First of (at least) a six pack of lessons. I'm so sick of not enjoying golf and wasting great golf courses/experiences because I am playing so far below how well I know I can play. My primary goal is to make by bad shots better. That is all I am telling the guy. Help me make my misses (particularly off the tee) not as bad.

GNight.

Hey, I’m still up.

Speaking of golf experiences, did you see DC’s thread on his St Andrews trip?

Good reading. I hope OCGolfRick bookmarks it for #scotland2021.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1678974-just-back-from-7-nights-in-st-andrews-84-11/#entry17848704

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I think if you wanted to, people would be surprised to find out how inexpensively you could do a St Andrews trip. By far the flight is the thing that will ding you the most. It going to make me wonder why I dont enter the Old Course advanced ballot every September for the following summer.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

So Shipnuck wrote another hatchet job clickbait piece that he essentially made be all about himself in the end.

No kidding.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Thankfully, Golf was played last weekend and not yet to be played THIS weekend. Slammed my right middle finger in the door on the 7th stop of 62 yesterday. Hurt like a MF-er.

Only good thing? It happened at, arguably, the best place for it to happen in Jefferson County Hospital. The bad thing? I don’t think they would’ve liked if I would have called and had someone drive all the way down there to get the stuff while I had it taken care of in the ER.

Needless to say, got a bandage at the hospital, replaced it at CBPl via their first aid kit, finished the route, made a poorly hand written incident report, replaced the second bandage via our Station’s first aid kit, drove home, and called in today. This one may hurt as much, if not more, than the incident itself.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Im honor of Tommy, I putted with a claw grip on Saturday. First round, with two days of practice inside. I just hadnt been starting my putts on line, and needed a change.

Worked pretty well. My lines and roll were better than I can recall this year. My distance on long putts wasnt good, so I had a few 3 putts. But thats to be expected since its so different. Overall I was rolling it really nice. Made more than my fair share of 6-10 footers, and a couple of longer ones.

Claw and pencil I've played around with and I feel very comfortable with both. I'd say more inside of 12/15. . .stuff where I think hitting line is more important than speed. I also practice with a grip that is like a normal grip, but just split right hand.

For me, the main idea behind them is that the right hand is basically along for the ride, just providing a little stabilization so it doesn't really matter how I put it on the shaft. It's doing next to nothing.

Another way to achieve this feel and not look/feel weird is to take your NORMAL putting grip and just put that right hand on the grip as lightly as possible -- almost like putting left handed, but just taking a little wobble out.

When I hit putts one handed, putting with my left hand is almost just as good as putting with both hands.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Claw and pencil I've played around with and I feel very comfortable with both. I'd say more inside of 12/15. . .stuff where I think hitting line is more important than speed. I also practice with a grip that is like a normal grip, but just split right hand.

For me, the main idea behind them is that the right hand is basically along for the ride, just providing a little stabilization so it doesn't really matter how I put it on the shaft. It's doing next to nothing.

Another way to achieve this feel and not look/feel weird is to take your NORMAL putting grip and just put that right hand on the grip as lightly as possible -- almost like putting left handed, but just taking a little wobble out.

When I hit putts one handed, putting with my left hand is almost just as good as putting with both hands.

I'm just the opposite. I feel so much better with a right hand dominant stroke.

I really think all the years of tinkering, trying to make my putting more "correct" had exactly the opposite effect. In my early, and best putting days, I set up and gripped the putter a bit more like vintage TW. I tended to be a bit more upright, and gripped it/set up with a little bit of wrist c0ck such that there was a bit of an angle between my forearms and the shaft. Right hand more on top of the grip. At some point I read about getting the club shaft in line with your forearms via grip, and mucked myself all up trying to achieve that. I adopted a grip with my right hand that was further down the shaft, and really put the grip in my lifeline. I honestly don't know why I even stuck with it, because it never helped. It made things worse. Much worse. I tried left hand low for a year, which was ok, but not great. Then for some dumb reason, I go back to the lifeline grip.

Finally around the time I found out I had the hernia this winter, I said F it. I don't care if it's "right" but I know how I like to hold the putter. I like feeling a little bit of hinge and release. So, I went back to the OG style of gripping it.

I actually like practicing with just my right hand on the grip. It really gets me feeling the stroke properly. If I putt with just the left hand, I do this weird handle-drag move and shove my putts.

Funny moment on Sunday. We're walking off the 7th green after this.

7 is a long par 4, maybe the toughest on the course. 2MT hits the ole power topper, and his partner pulls one that veers into lateral hazard on the left. I heel-cut one into the fairway, and then my partner bombs one dead into the lip of the fairway bunker. 2MT plays a 'brid down the fairway (there's a hazard between the end of the fairway and the green complex), and his partner takes a drop and plays down the hole as well. My partner's drive managed to plug into the lip of the fairway bunker, which was pretty amazing considering how steep the lips are, and how firm they were. He blasted out as best he could, about 40 yards down the fairway. The pin was tucked front-right, and I hit a laser to about 5ft. 2MT missed the green with his 3rd, and I drained the tweeter.

2MT: "After I hit my hybrid down the fairway, I thought for sure I'd wedge it on, 2 putt, and we would halve the hole with bogeys."

Me: "You were sure I was going to make bogey from the middle of the fairway?!?!"

2MT: "Yes."

Me: f29.png

Trying to slide out tonight for a club championship prep round. Played Saturday morning and it was something. Temp was 83 when we finished, but the feels-like was 95 because of the humidity. It was so thick out there that I ended up wearing rain gloves the last 8 holes. I guess I should take a way from the round that it could have been much much worse. I hit 2 greens in reg and shot 81.

Trying to slide out tonight for a club championship prep round. Played Saturday morning and it was something. Temp was 83 when we finished, but the feels-like was 95 because of the humidity. It was so thick out there that I ended up wearing rain gloves the last 8 holes. I guess I should take a way from the round that it could have been much much worse. I hit 2 greens in reg and shot 81.

Is it coming up this weekend? Good luck!

Saturday was something. At one point, I stepped outside to make a phone call, and just standing in the shade outside my garage for 5-10 minutes I was soaking through a t-shirt.

Saturday was something. At one point, I stepped outside to make a phone call, and just standing in the shade outside my garage for 5-10 minutes I was soaking through a t-shirt.

Flew into Dulles Saturday afternoon, must have come through a line of storms. Had to drag two 50lb suitcases plus backpack from Customs through the arrival area to the parking lot - its a long long walk. I was soaked when I got there, it was brutally humid even after the storms.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

4ball google album is up.

i did not bring my A-game when it came to taking pics, so i hope you guys have some good ones.

highlights are pics of mushrooms i saw while looking for pigpen's wayward drives and city's video converted into this beauty of a gif.

2fumfb.gif

wasn't NET ZERO an internet provider at one point? lol

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I just giphy'ed it.

Don't get lost in the fist bump. The grab & flip at the end is worth the price of admission.

Yes, Net Zero was an ISP. We used to have them. We were like the_XXXXX'[email protected] because why would two people who lived together ever need separate email addresses?

giphy.gif

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Suggestion as you work it in:

Claw grip under 20 feet.

Traditional grip otherwise. Unless you had terrible lag putting prior, this might be a good bridge.

Weren’t we talking about how good your putting was not that long ago? Whappened.

My putting was good from 10-20 feet, but relatively bad from 4 to 6. I had good speed but not good lines. I finally got to the point where I didnt trust that I was going to start on a good line on short putts.

I was coming a little over the top and hitting it a little on the toe. The contact I had with the claw grip was noticeably better. The ball was rolling smoother.

Even the way he moves through the pickup with his footwork is pretty spry. Could've very easily stumbled, but he didn't.

Gotta love Marching Percussion... Though I am fat, I can still move with a small level of competence.

That's not stolen from WWF, Sully. It's the same fist pump and walk he does when the DQ worker calls out that his Blizzard is ready and sets it on the counter.

No, that's just a smile and a "thanks".