• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

Pigpen was a ton of fun to play with. Great swing, long, excellent putter.

No idea how he shot 95.

Probably because he can't hit 275 carry.

I carried 275 yards..... Problem is I couldn't carry 295. You were making some great putts today. I can think of atleast 3 that were over 10 feet.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5 Degree 

Tour Edge 3 Wood 15 Degree

Titleist T-MB 2-Iron

735 CM 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 

Pretty jazzed that El Natural and I came it in -9, tied for the win

I’m four fingers deep and I really want to say something...

Nice playing.

Ceej and I were grinding hard coming in, thinking we had to get to (-10) to have a chance. We found out 827City were (-10) walking off 14 tee. Lip out on 15, lip out on 16, one roll short on 17, two rolls short on 18 and I though we were toast at (-9).

Said this during the round. Golf is funny. You’re never doing as bad -or as well- as you think you are. Just keep playing, just keep trying and see what happens at the end.

Fantastic day. Great company, Course was in fine shape (and tough!), greens were firm and decently speedy. Lots of thinking man’s golf out there.

Wish all golf could always be this fun.

Really hope they don’t destroy the course, when it’s like this, it’s fantastic.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Minor things, as I think City would be better to give a more in depth recap.

Got to the course around 10:10 I believe, also getting a tour of the campus. Decided to head to the proshop upon parking in the lot. Upon arrival into the Proshop, I recalled I had misplaced my 52 at Little Bennett last time I played so I went looking around. Sure enough, they had some Vokey SM7's.

Classic WRX-er move: Bought a 54.08 in the M grind and a 58.12 in the D grind. Both Tour Chrome finish. I was REALLY wanting the Jet Black but after getting the Tour Chrome it was a good choice. Played with City, gsrjc, and I think ATLSean? We all had nice shots, and I know I faded HARD after hole 12.

Couple things:

1. Going to the short game area before the round was a good idea, same with getting the two 'Manipulation' type grinds. Was able to get some nice height and spin on a 54 pitch to the green on, I want to say #5. Got it to the front of the green where it checked and rolled to 9 feet below the hole.

2. I think a big thing for me is alignment. I refuse to apologize for taking my time to get things lined up better. I had noticed in previous rounds that as I was addressing the ball with the driver, I was pointing my shoulders right of the target line, hips were a little closed as well. Really worked on getting those more open to the target. More positive results than negative. Had a few pulls, but also a few nice shots.

3. #8, that one was fun. Sean told us the Yardage was something like 115 or something so City tells me to play a 105 club. All day I'm at least 5-10 yards short on my normal distances so I pull my 9 iron. Grab a tee from the cart and head over to City. If I recall right, gsrjc puts it just past the bunker onto the green, Sean hits his short right, then it's my turn. City tells me that just past where gsrjc ended up was a good place and then 2 putt. I tee up the ball, get set up and swing. What resulted was a nice high 9 iron that starts left of the flag and stays there. Lands with a thud just short of pin high, 7-8 feet from the pin. City pulls his to the back left of the green. Coming down from the tee box near the green, we saw Dom and the others and City told them that I had a putt for a Bird-net-Zero. Dom tells me that if I make it, he wants to hear it from the 9th fairway.

Well...

[media=]

[/media]

I don't know if he heard me, but now everyone should have.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I carried 275 yards..... Problem is I couldn't carry 295.

I forgot my winking emoji when I made that comment. ;)

Thanks for the kind words about my putting, in spite of that’s missed 2 footer on 6. Your joke about it on the next tee had perfect comedic timing and was a huge help.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Minor things, as I think City would be better to give a more in depth recap.

Got to the course around 10:10 I believe, also getting a tour of the campus. Decided to head to the proshop upon parking in the lot. Upon arrival into the Proshop, I recalled I had misplaced my 52 at Little Bennett last time I played so I went looking around. Sure enough, they had some Vokey SM7's.

Classic WRX-er move: Bought a 54.08 in the M grind and a 58.12 in the D grind. Both Tour Chrome finish. I was REALLY wanting the Jet Black but after getting the Tour Chrome it was a good choice. Played with City, gsrjc, and I think ATLSean? We all had nice shots, and I know I faded HARD after hole 12.

Couple things:

1. Going to the short game area before the round was a good idea, same with getting the two 'Manipulation' type grinds. Was able to get some nice height and spin on a 54 pitch to the green on, I want to say #5. Got it to the front of the green where it checked and rolled to 9 feet below the hole.

2. I think a big thing for me is alignment. I refuse to apologize for taking my time to get things lined up better. I had noticed in previous rounds that as I was addressing the ball with the driver, I was pointing my shoulders right of the target line, hips were a little closed as well. Really worked on getting those more open to the target. More positive results than negative. Had a few pulls, but also a few nice shots.

3. #8, that one was fun. Sean told us the Yardage was something like 115 or something so City tells me to play a 105 club. All day I'm at least 5-10 yards short on my normal distances so I pull my 9 iron. Grab a tee from the cart and head over to City. If I recall right, gsrjc puts it just past the bunker onto the green, Sean hits his short right, then it's my turn. City tells me that just past where gsrjc ended up was a good place and then 2 putt. I tee up the ball, get set up and swing. What resulted was a nice high 9 iron that starts left of the flag and stays there. Lands with a thud just short of pin high, 7-8 feet from the pin. City pulls his to the back left of the green. Coming down from the tee box near the green, we saw Dom and the others and City told them that I had a putt for a Bird-net-Zero. Dom tells me that if I make it, he wants to hear it from the 9th fairway.

Well...

[media=]

[/media]

I don't know if he heard me, but now everyone should have.

Hell yeah I heard you! I guess you didn't hear me yelling back from the 9th fairway. That was one of the highlights of my day, dude.

Goose, you're the man. Sorry I didn't do more today. Next time!

And thanks for putting together a great event, Sully.

Great event yesterday. Sully played very solid minus a handful of shots. The rest of the group didn't have their best stuff but couldn't ask for a better group to spend an afternoon with. Lost both of my bets to Sully. I need more shots from him next time we play....hopefully happening on the 15th.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Great event yesterday. Sully played very solid minus a handful of shots. The rest of the group didn't have their best stuff but couldn't ask for a better group to spend an afternoon with. Lost both of my bets to Sully. I need more shots from him next time we play....hopefully happening on the 15th.

Tiger just arrived at the PGA rocking a backwards hat and some very cool Oakley like sunglasses. They said he went through 5 shirts yesterday....I walked and could have easily done the same yesterday. Was a warm, humid walk. Probably should have taken a cart considering the noon tee time.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Hoop, fun playing with you and wish we could have played better.

Had a match against my coworker and two buddies this morning at UMD. Was even through the front 9 and 4 over on the back for a new career low of 75 a far cry from the 92 or 93 yesterday (was out of a few holes so not sure how to enter). It’s vindicating but frustrating that I feel like two different golfers just trying to meet in the middle.

Am I just a tournament headcase? I was jittery over most balls yesterday but went out and just played an easy game today. Felt like a different course entirely. I’m not going to go out and get a sports psychologist but this Jekyll and Hyde thing is very, very frustrating.

That was a fun day. First time playing with gjsrfcjc. Chili dude. Good swing. Can move it when he hits the center. Absolutely deadly from 6 feet and in. Seriously had about 8 4-6 footers and everyone of them rolled dead center.

Some good holes.... 1, 827 is in for birdie (all references to him are net). I can be bold with mine putt from the rough over the green and roll it in for net eagle. Nice.

Birdie for 827 on 2, then we both bogey 3 and we both birdie 5 and both bogey 6. Just a bad distribution of numbers. He birdied 7 (1 putt), albatrossed 8, and eagled 9.

So we're at 27 (-8) and I'm pretty much figuring it's over, but gotta keep the hammer down. Just couldn't get it going. Net bird on 13, bogey on 14 and I'm now thinking "uh oh".

But then 16 comes... I hit a nice high draw right at the bunker and I don't actually know if I carried it. Ee get up there and I see a ball in the fairway down by the 150 and I say to 827, what is that?

He's like, "are you playing a Kirkland?"

Yeah, mf'er, I'm playing a Kirkland.

I hit the 8 iron to 2 feet and we go to 10. Blamb.

17, 827 literally hit his tee shot 1 inch. I pipe hybrid down the gut and I think "that's the winner" . I've got 97 yards. Stock 54. Skull it over the green. Worse than the wedge I hit into 18 at Blue Mash last year. Way worse.

But it's OK, 827 is right next to the green in 3. Chip on, 2 putt, still at 10.

Wait a minute... 827 is not right next to the green. Could not find his ball. I swear I saw it come to rest.

Double bogey. 18 didn't even really matter.

FWIW, I shot +4 and on holes 3, 8, 17 I was +4 and every one of them had a wedge in from the fairway (or tee)

+3 today and made 2 bogeys with a wedge in my hand. Its a thing. Always has been. I'm hitting 7 irons closer than wedges.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Backed up yesterday’s win with a cool day at Queenstown. Two man scramble format, had Birdie putts on 15/18 holes, made 3.

Out of the other 3 holes, we made eagle on 1 (hole 5), par on 1 (hole 18), and bogey on 1 (hole 15- Bah!).

Non-City approved Modified Stableford Scoring. Came in 2nd with 28 points.

Big thanks to Endless and Seatwarmer Andy for the scoring help.

Watched some of the PGA. Clubhouse was LIT when Tiger made that birdie on 13. So much fun to watch when he’s right there.

Fun weekend of golf for this guy.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Hoop, fun playing with you and wish we could have played better.

Had a match against my coworker and two buddies this morning at UMD. Was even through the front 9 and 4 over on the back for a new career low of 75 a far cry from the 92 or 93 yesterday (was out of a few holes so not sure how to enter). It’s vindicating but frustrating that I feel like two different golfers just trying to meet in the middle.

Am I just a tournament headcase? I was jittery over most balls yesterday but went out and just played an easy game today. Felt like a different course entirely. I’m not going to go out and get a sports psychologist but this Jekyll and Hyde thing is very, very frustrating.

Enter net double for the holes you picked up on.

Feeling jittery over shots is typically good. It means you care. And that you’re alive.

There are bad jitters tho. The ones that come from fear rather than excitement. Fear of failure, fear of looking bad, fear of letting your playing partners down.

You gotta find away to let that all go. Fear, doubt and disbelief. Free your mind.

Only way I’ve ever found of getting thru it, is to keep being in it. How many Hive Tournaments have you played? How many other ones? I’ve been playing in Tournaments (various levels) for 10+ years, maybe 10-12 per year.

And I still get nervous AF sometimes.

You’ll be fine. Eventually.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

#drunkgreg Is clear for landing.

giphy.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11