Cobra F8+ driver. How is it?

dan040286

Have just had a Cobra fitting for the driver and the fairway metal and wow is that a hot face. Went for the F8+ which suited my swing better.

Hzrdus black shaft in each, absolute monster of a club.

Adding 30 yards on both to my 2017 M2 driver and M1 fairway - complete transformation in penetration of the ball flight! Now they need to hurry up and deliver them!!!!!

If you've added 30 yards over your 2017 M2 I would suggest you were most likely poorly (or not at all ?) fitted for the M2 or it just wasn't the club for you.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I am a college golfer and Currently still use a 913 D3 titliest. Obviously I have used this driver for a while. I decided To get the f8+ in hopes of gaining 10ish yards of distance. I am not a huge shaft guy(typically buy clubs off the shelf and figure out how to hit them) but I hit the f8+ on the range for a week and never noticed a noticeable distance change between the two driver. The cobra certainly isn't bad but I returned it. Driver tech hasn't had a noticeable change in past 5 years in my personal opinion. 913 still does the job. If anyone has any recommendations on new drivers I just try then please speak up

If you're not over-spinning the 913D3 then you won't see much of an increase. The problem for most with Titleist drivers is the spin levels can get high for those at high swing speeds or those that just have spin issues. Problem is, it's very rare someone isn't over spinning a Titleist driver unless they've been fit for a shaft to help bring that down.

There are naturally low-spin players that can game Titleist equipment and not see a jump when going to lower-spin options.

Hard to believe a scratch college golfer is so "in the dark" about shafts and what they contribute to overall performance. :dntknw:

My belief is pick a club and figure out how to hit it. if im toying with shafts and that type of stuff then I can just blame a poor round on that or start to tinker agin. if you just stick with one thing and figure it out then you know a poor round only came from most likely a minor stepup issue. but i do understand how shaft type can be benifical to some people. just not my thing. I will try to get a mid lauch shaft but that is about the extent of it.

I am a college golfer and Currently still use a 913 D3 titliest. Obviously I have used this driver for a while. I decided To get the f8+ in hopes of gaining 10ish yards of distance. I am not a huge shaft guy(typically buy clubs off the shelf and figure out how to hit them) but I hit the f8+ on the range for a week and never noticed a noticeable distance change between the two driver. The cobra certainly isn't bad but I returned it. Driver tech hasn't had a noticeable change in past 5 years in my personal opinion. 913 still does the job. If anyone has any recommendations on new drivers I just try then please speak up

If you're not over-spinning the 913D3 then you won't see much of an increase. The problem for most with Titleist drivers is the spin levels can get high for those at high swing speeds or those that just have spin issues. Problem is, it's very rare someone isn't over spinning a Titleist driver unless they've been fit for a shaft to help bring that down.

There are naturally low-spin players that can game Titleist equipment and not see a jump when going to lower-spin options.

If were being honest i had no clue why I hit the 913 just as far as anything else, had just assumed tech hadnt changed much at all and companies just wanted money but I think you are right, My swing speed is around 105 but hit it realtively low so I think you are spot on on not spinning it much and not having to worry about the titliest "spinny" drivers. I had the R1 for around 6 months and maybe hit it a tad furtherbut I have never hit a driver more accurate than titleist. which is the only thing that really matters:)

I need more evidence that this IS the best driver of 2018. Don’t poison my mind with nonsense like getting trackman data for each and do a true comparison. Or trivial things like getting fit for the perfect shaft/head combination.

I have narrowed my search down to the F8+ or the G400. Everything I am reading says the G400 is endall Beall driver of 2018. I need the F8+ owners to make a stand and help convince me this driver is the right one. So when I go to do my LM testing I am not leaning too much to either side, that I am 100% certain that . . . Both are perfect for me. Then and only then can I make a open-minded choice.

you need to do that......personal preference, there is no best.....they all are within a few yds....gamed every single head there is pretty much.....nobody has something other one doesnt...they all doing same thing with their heads

Have just had a Cobra fitting for the driver and the fairway metal and wow is that a hot face. Went for the F8+ which suited my swing better.

Adding 30 yards on both to my 2017 M2 driver and M1 fairway - complete transformation in penetration of the ball flight! Now they need to hurry up and deliver them!!!!!

If you've added 30 yards over your 2017 M2 I would suggest you were most likely poorly (or not at all ?) fitted for the M2 or it just wasn't the club for you.

as is true with most golfers...

I completely agree - although I’ve improved a lot in 12 months, I’ve found the m2 doesn’t suit the way I deliver the club now.

I like the smaller profile of the f8+, plus I think being fitted by the cobra rep was miles better than a general guy at american golf (the uks GG)

I completely agree - although I've improved a lot in 12 months,

Or that. :D

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I have a new F8+ with the Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 sitting in my study waiting for the weather to turn here. I have become a big fan of Cobra drivers over the past 4-5 years. I sold my LTD, and I am hoping that I don't regret it. From everything I ready, it seems that the F8+ is a good compromise of spin, feel, sound, accuracy and length. This is the same reason I like the Epic driver. I am not chasing 200 rpm of lower spin, as that hasn't worked out for me in the past from a standpoint of all the other criteria listed above. I can't wait to hit this thing!!

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR2 with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I completely agree - although I've improved a lot in 12 months,

Or that. :D

That’s what happens when you hit the range and grind every day!! Stupid game :D

Went to my testing/fitting. The Ping G400 sounded and felt terrible this time. Was fit with w F8+ and tried the HZRDUS and don’t care for it. Put in the NV 2KVX Green in stiff and it was great. The distance was better than my Epic SZ but the dispersion, spin and launch was so much better with the F8+. Easy decision.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Went to my testing/fitting. The Ping G400 sounded and felt terrible this time. Was fit with w F8+ and tried the HZRDUS and don't care for it. Put in the NV 2KVX Green in stiff and it was great. The distance was better than my Epic SZ but the dispersion, spin and launch was so much better with the F8+. Easy decision.

... Good stuff. The stock shafts are just so good from Cobra in 2018 and really have just about everyone but the strongest players covered. I have been playing a Rogue Black 110 Tour in several different drivers and planned on playing it in my F8+ too. But I have never so instantly fell in love with s shaft like the Even Flow Blue. I will have to play it on the course for a few rounds before replacing my RB Tour, already in a Cobra adaptor, but the feel and the kick of the EFB is just so sweet. The marketing from any OEM can often be just that.. marketing. But the Project X description of the shaft building momentum and releasing like an open wave is exactly how it feels to me. I have a smooth 100+ mph swing with a natural pause at the top of my backswing and the Even Flow Blue just feels like a perfect fit for me. After having a great driving season with the Epic and RB Tour I was not expecting to change drivers but hitting the F8+ at the Show with the EVB was almost magical. Heading to Phoenix for a solid month of golf so I should know pretty quickly if that magic is still there on the course.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

This thread has gotten me so excited for my fitting next week. I have an F7+ and the shaft is right for me on 2/3 of The swings. The other 1/3 swings are high right or low left pull hooks and I’m pretty sure it’s mostly the shaft. When I connect with it GOES. I need more fairways and smaller misses.

Im agnostic about which brand at this point I’ll land on for my fitting next week, but I am open to basically any brand aside from PXG due to cost. I had a rogue 110 Silver with Rip alpha tip in my 815 alpha before the f7+ and that was probably the best combo of forgiveness, length and feel possible... just a little short.

I’ll report back next week!

Also, did anyone try the new GT mizuno driver?

Hit my F8+ today with a Hzrdus Black 75 grm 6.0 shaft today and was impressed. It was 50'degrees and course was waterlogged, so I can't comment distance, bot the feel and sound were great. Muted solid thwack like hitting a wooden baseball bat, which I love. The sound is very similar to the King LTD. I hit a high toe shot that was awful, and it only missed the fairway by 10 yards, when I was expecting 25 yards offline, and it was only 10 yards short of a well struck center shot. I was very impressed with this forgiveness, as the result was much better than expected. I like the milling on the face as well. This was a very promising start.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR2 with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

... Good stuff. The stock shafts are just so good from Cobra in 2018 and really have just about everyone but the strongest players covered. I have been playing a Rogue Black 110 Tour in several different drivers and planned on playing it in my F8+ too. But I have never so instantly fell in love with s shaft like the Even Flow Blue. I will have to play it on the course for a few rounds before replacing my RB Tour, already in a Cobra adaptor, but the feel and the kick of the EFB is just so sweet. The marketing from any OEM can often be just that.. marketing. But the Project X description of the shaft building momentum and releasing like an open wave is exactly how it feels to me. I have a smooth 100+ mph swing with a natural pause at the top of my backswing and the Even Flow Blue just feels like a perfect fit for me. After having a great driving season with the Epic and RB Tour I was not expecting to change drivers but hitting the F8+ at the Show with the EVB was almost magical. Heading to Phoenix for a solid month of golf so I should know pretty quickly if that magic is still there on the course.

Wish I hadn't read this. My friend who is a single digit handicap has a new Titleist hybrid with the Even Flow and raves about it. I have the NV blue and really like it also but this is temptation I didn't need!

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just broke down, added the F8+ for my black EvenFlow. Lowered spin over the LTD (I am typically high spin person) and decided I wanted it. Waiting for it to be fit/weighted by CC. Yay!!! Now stop raining on my days to play!

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

Just broke down, added the F8+ for my black EvenFlow. Lowered spin over the LTD (I am typically high spin person) and decided I wanted it. Waiting for it to be fit/weighted by CC. Yay!!! Now stop raining on my days to play!

I really want to try it the Evenflow Black.. Really intrigued by that shaft.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

I really want to try it the Evenflow Black.. Really intrigued by that shaft.

I went there from XLR8 pro for driver and 3 wood and Hzrdus Black in hybrids. All EvenFlow Black now with best numbers.

Tour AD XC 6S Callaway Smoke 3D 9deg
Kali' White 70x shaft Ping 430LST 3W

Accra TZ6 M4 Hybrid Shaft Ping 430 3H
C-Taper L:ite S T150 4-Gap
SteelFiber PR Wedge Ping Glide 4.0 46, 50, 54 and 58 degree
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Slant Neck

• 10 months later...

Have been trying the F8+ with the nk2v green and blue. Really impressive club and shafts. Love the sound, feel, and performance of the head, and the aldila shafts pair really well. Could game either, but prefer the green for its slightly higher weight. Blue performs well but compared to the green feels a tad harder to control due to lighter weight, with the occasional balloon. Really fun club to play though, hats off to Cobra.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

Superb driver. Just tried it vs an F9 using the same exact shaft in both heads. Very little difference in performance between both setups. Last few rounds, I had about 4 laughable drives - like really bad contact on toe or high or low...thought my ball would be about 1/2 way to where it actually ended up. Amazing forgiveness on mishits and as good as anything else on good hits. Looks clean at setup. Really well done.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips