2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2018 Titleist 4Up STADRY - any feedback

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought one last spring primarily to use for a trip to Scotland due to its waterproofing and lightness for the caddies which I used for each round. I figured I’d also use it back home occasionally when the weather is iffy but expecting I’d still use my Sun Mountain as my normal bag. To my surprise, the Sun Mountain is still in the closet and the 4up is my everyday bag. It’s light and carries comfortably, and seems to have adequate room for anything I carry. I also like that it came with both single and double straps, as although I like the doubles there are places like Pebble where the caddies want a single strap (that was my other great golf trip last year). In the past I’ve been a bit of a bag ho, switching to something different every 6 months or so, but I haven’t had that urge at all with the 4up.

2017 is awesome. If you aren’t the golfer that shoves everything into a bag, it’s probably the best light weight waterproof bag out there

I would wait for the 2018 since it will have 4 dividers and a water bottle slot.

Yeah, the lack of a water bottle pocket kept me from buying one last year - I walk and carry every day in the heat of the summer, and really need the water.

How waterproof is the Stadry and is it worth it over the regular version?

I’d take a look at the Players 4 StaDry as well...had one a few weeks and it keeps your stuff bone dry even in a British winter!

The new 4up isn’t in stock anywhere here yet but the idea of more dividers and a bottle holder should improve on the older version(owned one until last year when the stand started playing up)

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

If you are talking about the original 4up I would look at something else. The strap and stand are terrible and the lack of dividers is a pain. The bag itself is good quality and light. With a few changes it could be a really good bag.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

I’d take a look at the Players 4 StaDry as well...had one a few weeks and it keeps your stuff bone dry even in a British winter!

The new 4up isn’t in stock anywhere here yet but the idea of more dividers and a bottle holder should improve on the older version(owned one until last year when the stand started playing up)

Does the Players 4 Stadry have the little pocket inside the ball pocket to put tees in like the regular Players 4? I had the 4Up and while I loved the bag, the fact that there wasn't a dedicated "tee pocket" was something my OCD couldn't get over. I use a cart bag since I don't really walk anymore, so more just curious.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19
TaylorMade 2023 P790 4-AW

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5
ProV1x

I am going to buy the 2018 4up Players StaDry as soon as my club gets it in and will be selling my 2017 4up Staydry in blue/lime. I have been waiting forever for a waterproof bag with a true water bottle pocket.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

Does the Players 4 Stadry have the little pocket inside the ball pocket to put tees in like the regular Players 4? I had the 4Up and while I loved the bag, the fact that there wasn't a dedicated "tee pocket" was something my OCD couldn't get over. I use a cart bag since I don't really walk anymore, so more just curious.

No it doesn’t...the ball pocket is different due to the fact its StaDry (smaller opening zip). I’ve taken to putting my tees, coins, markers etc in a food bag to keep them together and put it in the small side pocket with my gloves. The valuables pocket does have a inner mesh pocket which I use to keep my phone separate from my car keys.

Hope this helps?

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

No it doesn’t...the ball pocket is different due to the fact its StaDry (smaller opening zip). I’ve taken to putting my tees, coins, markers etc in a food bag to keep them together and put it in the small side pocket with my gloves. The valuables pocket does have a inner mesh pocket which I use to keep my phone separate from my car keys.

Hope this helps?

That's helpful, thanks. I am heading to Bandon in the fall and trying to decide whether to purchase a waterproof bag for the trip. From the sounds of it, it looks like the new 4Up and Players 4 Stadrys are pretty similar, with the Players being a bit bigger.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
ProV1x

I just picked up the 2018 4up and some things are a great improvement and some are questionable

Here are my observations

-New legs are thicker and seem sturdier

-4 way divider is nice but if you carry more than 2 woods and a putter, that slot is a little tight.

-water bottle holder is great

-they have new carry straps.

-they removed the side handles on the top cuff

-it no longer comes with the single carry strap

-new zipper pulls that clip on(you have to see it to know what I mean)

-new mechanism that connects to the carry strap to the bag. It’s a connect clip system which makes it really easy to remove the strap from the bag, but looks like it could snap, if your bag is to heavy and you violently yank the carry strap to lift the bag up.

That said, I found the pros outweighed the cons vs the previous model, so I picked it up

Nice pic. Ordered mine as well - should be here Thursday. Plan to do a write up too.

I'm bit concerned about the buckle/clip attachment for the carry straps as I sometimes carry a full load but purchased this bag mainly as a lightweight setup for when going to the range or local par-3 course when a limited number of clubs will suffice. Will try to load up the bag fully and put it through its paces this weekend at the indoor dome.

I got mine a few weeks ago. The strap is a convertible single/dual strap. I converted it to a single strap which seems to work well for lugging it out to the car and in to the sim. I use a pushcart so I will just keep it as a single strap. The strap clips are quite secure, I wouldn't worry about them coming undone.

I like the simplicity of the pockets and they addressed my biggest issue with my old StaDry- lack of a bottle holder. The stand system is new and seems a lot sturdier, will need to see how it is after a few hundred deployments to see if it still develops the typical leg droop or not.

The zipper pulls have a little bungee cord that flips over the zipper stay to keep it closed. I find that a little funny since the waterproof zippers have a lot of resistance anyway, they aren't likely to unzip on their own.

The four way top works fine for my oversize grips and Salty putter grip. It's not like tossing them in a staff bag but they slide in and out without much trouble.

I just ordered a 2018 Titleist players 5 stand from Carlsgolfland for 159.99, best deal I found, can't wait to get it.

Guess the one I ordered was the 2017

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

Definitely not supposed to look like that. Was the box damaged when you received it? I would call wherever you purchased it from and they should send you a new one, no issue.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
ProV1x

Definitely not supposed to look like that. Was the box damaged when you received it? I would call wherever you purchased it from and they should send you a new one, no issue.

No damage to box on arrival and no scratches to paintwork on leg etc. Ordered from Carls golfland. Have emailed them just now. Highly frustrating as had to pay expensive shipping costs as well as custom taxes.

That's frustrating. I have had a couple orders (of quite a few) from Carl's where an error was made by the person packing and they've always rectified it with no issue. I would suggest calling them as well if that is an option and talking to someone. Always good customer service from there in my experience. Good luck and keep us posted.

Titleist TSr2 9 

Titleist TSr2 16.5 

Callaway Apex UW 19

TaylorMade MG4 54, 58
ProV1x

Just received mine. Shipped all the way from US to UK. Is the left leg suppose to be bent or is this a fault?

IMG_0965.JPG

Hopefully they'll be able to work with Titleist to send the replacement part(s) rather than having to send bag back, get new bag sent out, etc.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I was disappointed with the 2017 that I traded it away. The legs were very flimsy and unstable. If the 2018 has made the improvements as I’m reading, I’ll probably give s good look at it, as I do like the streamlined style.

Ping G430LST 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Taylormade BRNR Mini 11.5*  -  Graphite Design AD-DI 6s
Taylormade M2 Tour 18* - Project X Red Handcrafted 75 stiff 
Titleist Tsi3 20* - Graphite Design AD-DI hy 95stiff
Titleist T150 5i & 6i- Steelfiber 115fc f4
Ping Blueprint 7i-PW - Steelfiber 115fc f4
Titleist Vokey SM9 raw 50.12* - Steelfiber 115fc f4 
Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12* - Accra Spt Wedge 125g
Titleist Vokey SM9 raw 58.08* - Steelfiber 125stiff 
Scotty Cameron Newport Button Back - BGT Stability
Srixon Z-Star Yellow (2019)

I currently have the Sun Mountain 2.5 (original). It has since frayed inside and I think I'm going to replace it with the 4up StaDry. I really prefer light, sleek stand bags and don't carry much stuff. Now I'm torn between Red/Charcoal and Red/Navy. Thoughts on colors?

Thanks

Ping G430 LST 10.5
Ping G430 MAX 5W (lofted down to 4W)

Ping G430 MAX 7W 
Ping i230 4-U
Ping S159 Chrome - 56 S  

Ping S159 Chrome - 60 T  
SC Futura 5W

I currently have the Sun Mountain 2.5 (original). It has since frayed inside and I think I'm going to replace it with the 4up StaDry. I really prefer light, sleek stand bags and don't carry much stuff. Now I'm torn between Red/Charcoal and Red/Navy. Thoughts on colors?

Thanks

Do yourself a solid and upgrade to the 2.5+. Amazing bag, solved the few problems the original 2 Five had. 2.5+ > > 4up in my opinion.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I have nothing titleist but sharp bag. If guys with different colors can post pics please do. Thanks

Here you go. 14 clubs with oversize grips and a large Salty grip on an armlock putter. I put a large S'well 24 oz bottle in the drink pouch, probably the largest drink one might carry golfing. The side pocket has a bunch of gloves in it and the ball pocket has a dozen balls and an accessories pouch in it. The drink slot is plenty large enough. I also took off one of the straps. It comes with a convertible dual strap but I prefer a single strap.