2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2018 USWO

KBong

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Juli have a brain cramp yesterday? I could have sworn that she said that the LPGA is playing courses in the 6700 to 6800 yard range? Seriously? It's bad enough that the tour moves the tees up on several holes on the weekend without adjusting the official yardage. No need to exaggerate the distances unless she was specifically talking about the USWO.

I've seen it time and time again.

It can be common to see 6500-6600 yards posted on lpga.com or the course's website...only to attend events and see the course is playing 150-200 yards shorter on any given day.

At the 2015 CP CWO...the 14th hole plays 380 yards from the blacks and often played there for the CWO....on Sunday the tee was set at around 285 yards to make the green driveable....why?....it served no purpose....the green had no real hazards surrounding it to make it a risk/reward...the hole was never meant to play that way...it was STUPID for Golf Canada to set it up that way.

6500 to 6600 is not uncommon, but I've never seen 6700+.

Both tours move up tees on some days. I agree, though, that there should be an element of risk associated with it. The par 4 16th at Aviara is another example of a shortened hole that has little risk.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Is it my imagination, or did Ariya's preshot routine become short and shorter yesterday? She's normally a pretty quick player, but it seemed like she was rushing shots late in the round and in the playoff. Her bunker shot on the final hole was really quick. I have the tournament on my DVR, and I'm going to try to time some shots tonight.

But keep in mind she is probably the fastest player on tour, faster than even Charley Hull.

True, but there's a difference between fast and FAST. Hopefully I can find some time tonight to look at a few shots early in the round vs. late in the round.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I'm not so sure about that. On the one hand, beating back adversity proves to the player that they can hang in there when they're game goes south. Ariya has now won three of her last three playoffs.

On the other hand, a runaway win could have gone a long way in convincing her that she's an elite player capable of stomping the competition, and that keeping the foot on the gas when in the lead is a better option than playing it safe.

I agree....I think what happened on Sunday won't make any difference to Ariya in the future.

But if she lost.....it might have scarred her pretty bad.

Listening to her press conference and her inability to hit a driver every now and then tells me she'll always have some self doubt...it's in her DNA.

Would it have hurt to lose? Absolutely. A little scar tissue? No doubt.

However, after throwing away the win at the ANA in 2016 she sure managed to put it behind her and win three in a row a month later.

I seem to recall that when Ariya basically threw away the win in Thailand in 2013 by tripling the 18th that she had rushed her final shots. At the time I put a lot of blame on the caddie for not slowing her down. Also, he should have never let her hit a club on the 2nd shot that would bring the bunker into play. If you recall, her 2nd shot plugged into the face of the fairway bunker in the landing area.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I have always said that going for the green in two wasn't a poor decision...there was no water hazard, woods nor 18" fescue guarding the green.....and what were the odds of her ball embedding into the wall of a bunker or who would even have that thought at that time.

Her demise was a poor blast 4th shot (though still a tough shot to a back pin).....a lousy 5th shot/putt and missing a 7th shot/putt ending up with a SNOWMAN and handing the trophy to Inbee.

It also must have such a nervous situation trying to close it out in front of her home nation to win as a 17 year old.

I did not get the chance to watch the 96 Masters but I assume that what I saw yesterday was kind of similar, except of course for the final outcome.

it was not similar... Norman started choking even before he teed up. Ariya was in control on the front 9..until she lost control... then it was pure choking...but her solid scrambling saved her...plus some misses by Kim..

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Praise aside, Ariya really needs to revisit the driver, or at least the 3 wood. Hitting 2 iron is fine if it's a fairway finder. However, it's apparent it's not the magic club we all thought it to be. If one is going to be in the rough, may as well be 30 yards further up.

In the rough and in play is much better than 30 yards ahead and in the trees, water, or OB. Her 3 wood today on 10 was pushed into the water and her 3 wood on 18 at the ANA 2 years ago was a snap hook into the water.

Whether it was nerves or being tired, her swing was a little off so it was a smart move to abandon the 3 wood late in her round and in the play-off. Sure, she didn't hit many fairways but she was in play.

I hope this doesn't come off wrong, but Ariya may have a slight conditioning issue. The humidity was much worse than the announcers gave it credit for. Even living in this area, I find my swing is not near as good in that type of weather (due to fatigue).

Not sure that was much of a factor, seeing that she's from Thailand.

Don't think that has anything to do with playing in the bowl of soup they played in this weekend. Saturday and Sunday were one of the hottest humidity days of the year and that course sits between mountain ridges with thousands of trees = no wind. Humidity and high temperatures are completely different animals.

You've got to be kidding me. High temps over there for some months can AVERAGE mid 90s Farenheit, along with similar if not higher humidity. I don't think it bothered her much.

Let's talk what's really important...she EARNED $900,000 yesterday. When she won Kingsmill a couple weeks back she earned $195,000. A multiple of 4.5x.

What's a young lady gonna do with that kind of $$$?

The answer is simple. Get fit for a custom driver.

@Mudge

Let's say you are right...climate was exactly the same....does these mean that she is in shape to handle those conditions when she woke up at 4am on Saturday, played ~27 holes (whatever it was) and turned around on Sunday to play 22 holes? I'm just saying heat and fatigue can kill a swing (mentally and physically)...she just looked out of gas by 10 on Sunday

@Mudge

Let's say you are right...climate was exactly the same....does these mean that she is in shape to handle those conditions when she woke up at 4am on Saturday, played ~27 holes (whatever it was) and turned around on Sunday to play 22 holes? I'm just saying heat and fatigue can kill a swing (mentally and physically)...she just looked out of gas by 10 on Sunday

To be fair most players looked out of gas.

Strangely enough, the fourth round had the 3rd lowest scoring average of the four days.

Let's talk what's really important...she EARNED $900,000 yesterday. When she won Kingsmill a couple weeks back she earned $195,000. A multiple of 4.5x.

Reminds me of a candid exchange between Ariya and Shanshan that GC captured on camera when she won the CME one million bonus two years ago. Shanshan was asking her "What you are going to do with the money, put it in the bank?" Ariya just shook her head, as in no idea.

Argonne,

2012 Women's US Open at Black Wolf Run played 6782 yards. I was there...record setting heat! In fact, I stopped in Beaver Dam, WI on the way up and the temp was something like 107, which had me thinking my temperature gauge was malfunctioning!

I'm looking forward to the KPMG at Kemper Lakes...already have tickets for Thursday/Friday. I'm guessing you'll be there, too. Also going to the Women's Senior US Open at Chicago GC, as that might be my only chance to see that course.

Blow and more purses. :taunt:

Oh ya and some Singha beer too....it was only $1.25 per beer on the golf courses on my 2002 Thai golf trip....BBQ chicken thighs were only $1.25 on the back nine...so I our group spent a whopping $10 so our female caddies could take some chicken home and feed their families.

Heinekens were only 70 cents in the 7-11's

LOVE Thai golf...so cheap and so much fun!...just watch out for the LADY BOYS. :taunt:

Reminds me of a candid exchange between Ariya and Shanshan that GC captured on camera when she won the CME one million bonus two years ago. Shanshan was asking her "What you are going to do with the money, put it in the bank?" Ariya just shook her head, as in no idea.

Jenny Money can be pretty funny and out of control.

I can't remember which event it was....Shanshan went to congratulate a winner....and said..."oh you're crying".....lol.

Argonne,

1) 2012 Women's US Open at Black Wolf Run played 6782 yards. I was there...record setting heat! In fact, I stopped in Beaver Dam, WI on the way up and the temp was something like 107, which had me thinking my temperature gauge was malfunctioning!

2) I'm looking forward to the KPMG at Kemper Lakes...already have tickets for Thursday/Friday. I'm guessing you'll be there, too.

3) Also going to the Women's Senior US Open at Chicago GC, as that might be my only chance to see that course.

1) It was so hot at the 2012 USWO...many spectators stayed in their hotel rooms to watch it or stayed in air conditioned course facilities and didn't walk the course.

2) I'm giving you are warning....with Argonne's Dumbo ear head gear....don't get too close to Arg...it will be guilty by association and you'll be thrown into the LPGA security BINDER too. :taunt:

3) Yes....I'd attend just to see the course too.

Obviously the Chicago Golf Club didn't do a security check or ask for a police report.....they allowed DavePelz4 to play the course when he bought his way into the grounds shilling his money for a 4some at a charity event. :to_become_senile:

In the rough and in play is much better than 30 yards ahead and in the trees, water, or OB. Her 3 wood today on 10 was pushed into the water and her 3 wood on 18 at the ANA 2 years ago was a snap hook into the water.

Whether it was nerves or being tired, her swing was a little off so it was a smart move to abandon the 3 wood late in her round and in the play-off. Sure, she didn't hit many fairways but she was in play.

No question....... one would want to stay out of the rough at Shoal Creek....bermuda rough is so nasty and unpredictable to hit out of.

But there are a good number of courses without bermuda or nasty tough rough that the LPGA tour plays on.

Ariya has the hand strength and club head speed that most LPGA tour course rough would not necessarily be a challenge for Ariya to control shots out of it.

If Ariya was that much closer to the par 5's hitting shorter clubs...if she even made 1 more par 5 birdie each rd....4 birdies is huge over 4 days...the difference between 2/3rd vs. a win.

There must be a 12* driver, low launch shaft and a 43/43.5" combo driver that Ariya could hit with some degree of consistency.

Obviously, the only way to find out is to ask Glichrist at an event how much driver experimenting they have or have not been conducting.

I followed her around here in SF at the mediheal, and that day she was carrying driver... good solid shots all day. She was 2 or 3 back on the 15th (short par 5), where she proceeded to drop kick wipe one dead into a tree 150 yards away and about 30 yards offline right.

I think she just has driver yips and it's all in her head, and those are the hardest demons to battle. I was happy to see her pull this one out, I'm a big fan.

Jenny Money can be pretty funny and out of control.

I can't remember which event it was....Shanshan went to congratulate a winner....and said..."oh you're crying".....lol.

Wasn't that In Gee when she won the Evian? A touching moment indeed.

Argonne,

2012 Women's US Open at Black Wolf Run played 6782 yards. I was there...record setting heat! In fact, I stopped in Beaver Dam, WI on the way up and the temp was something like 107, which had me thinking my temperature gauge was malfunctioning!

I'm looking forward to the KPMG at Kemper Lakes...already have tickets for Thursday/Friday. I'm guessing you'll be there, too. Also going to the Women's Senior US Open at Chicago GC, as that might be my only chance to see that course.

I'll be at the KPMG on Friday from the opening of the gate until they kick us out.

I'll be at the KPMG on Friday from the opening of the gate until they kick us out.

Arg

That's too long to stay at an event for one day....LPGA security can complete an entire book report in that time frame to paste next to your picture in the BINDER. :taunt:

Remember....if you here some noise coming from some walkie talkies...."OK....white guy with beard approaching Dumbo and The Rocket...CODE RED...CODE RED".....run as fast as you can and hide in the bushes....oh ya....if you find a Pro V1 that has POSER stamped on it in the woods....that's my golf ball...but you can keep it.

I assume you are going on Friday because you don't have confidence that In Gee and Hee Young will make the cut and you don't want to give your 2 gifts to Stacy and Cristie playing on Saturday?

Oh ya...hopefully some Attack Girls show up so you can chat with them....I chatted with some Flying Dumbo's from Seoul in 2016 at the KPMG...they were pretty funny....they had the hats and In Gee flags.

Ya...I thought it was the 2016 Evian too....but wasn't sure if Jenny Money was paired with Dumbo.....it was so funny to watch and hear Shanshan.

No, I don't believe Jenny played with In Gee in the final round, but she stuck around until In Gee finished her round. Jenny finished in 4th place, and was in the 2nd to last group I believe. If I'm not mistaken Sung Hyun was in the final group.

Arg

That's too long to stay at an event for one day....LPGA security can complete an entire book report in that time frame to paste next to your picture in the BINDER. :taunt:

Remember....if you here some noise coming from some walkie talkies...."OK....white guy with beard approaching Dumbo and The Rocket...CODE RED...CODE RED".....run as fast as you can and hide in the bushes....oh ya....if you find a Pro V1 that has POSER stamped on it in the woods....that's my golf ball...but you can keep it.

I assume you are going on Friday because you don't have confidence that In Gee and Hee Young will make the cut and you don't want to give your 2 gifts to Stacy and Cristie playing on Saturday?

Oh ya...hopefully some Attack Girls show up so you can chat with them....I chatted with some Flying Dumbo's from Seoul in 2016 at the KPMG...they were pretty funny....they had the hats and In Gee flags.

I like to attend on Friday so that I can walk 18 in the morning and afternoon, doubling my fun. Lol. I'll be heading out of town after the tournament for a long holiday weekend through July 4th, so Friday works as a good starting point for my vacation.

Ya...I thought it was the 2016 Evian too....but wasn't sure if Jenny Money was paired with Dumbo.....it was so funny to watch and hear Shanshan.

No, I don't believe Jenny played with In Gee in the final round, but she stuck around until In Gee finished her round. Jenny finished in 4th place, and was in the 2nd to last group I believe. If I'm not mistaken Sung Hyun was in the final group.

Actually they were all in the final group playing as threesome. I remember it because of another deed from Shanshan.

At the final hole SHP was supposed to yield the stage to In Gee, but she got lost in the moment and marked her ball instead. So Shanshan had to remind her to putt out. :D

I was able to watch the final round again last night, and timed some of Ariya's shots. The numbers are rough, as it's sometimes difficult to determine exactly when a player is "on the clock". I focused on some of the early holes, and then the 18th hole and playoff.

#1 approach: 23 sec

#2 tee: 42 sec

#2 approach: 34 sec

#2 pitch: 80 sec

#3 2nd: 42 sec

#18 tee: 45 sec

#18 approach: 40 sec

#18 3rd: 60 sec

1 playoff tee: 45 sec

1 playoff approach: 35 sec

1 playoff putt: 60 sec

2 playoff tee: 36 sec

2 playoff approach: 68 sec

2 playoff 3rd: 75 sec

2 playoff putt: 30 sec

4 playoff tee: 75 s

4 playoff 2nd: 54 sec

4 playoff 3rd: 54 sec

It looks like I was imagining things. Other than a few 35 second shots in the playoffs, the numbers don't look all that different than the opening holes. As we noted, Ariya is a quick player to begin with, so once she decides on a club she's fairly quick to pull the trigger. For example, she spent some time looking over her final bunker shot, but when she stepped into the bunker she wasted little time in actually hitting the ball.

I’ve read the forums here for over two years and signed up today to post on my first experience at a tournament. For background, my wife and I follow the LPGA exclusively. While we like some of the guys, we learn so much more watching the ladies. My wife’s game is MUCH better than mine, so I bought the gallery upgrade for Shoal Creek for her birthday this year. I’m only going to offer commentary on what we saw or heard, so please don’t feel I’m making blanket statements about someone or the USGA in totality. We attended Wednesday through Sunday, all day each day, and hopefully this post offers information for others who have never attended before or are curious.

First, the USGA seems unorganized when it comes to volunteer information and services offered. One quick example, the website ticket purchase we made said we’d get 10% off of food and beverage but when we got there the concession workers had no clue about that. Whatever, we found after day two that water refills at the first aid stations were free so you could refill up there as opposed to the $3 extortion price of water. They say aerosol, larger packs, snacks, and stools are not allowed. Perhaps on paper only, but the volunteers didn’t care so after day two we brought food and plenty of water because it was so hot and humid.

Also, when the lightning delay occurred they didn’t keep people on course informed, nor the volunteers. We overheard some volunteers complaining they weren’t being kept in the loop as to when their report times were or about updates either. Overall though, the USGA staff and volunteers were all very nice and accommodating and seemed to really appreciate us being there, especially when we were some of the few fans showing up at 7am on Saturday.

Ok, now the players. 99% seemed very nice and approachable during the practice day, understandably slightly less so during the competition rounds – although most STILL went out of their way to interact as best they could. My wife is a big Wie fan, myself a fan of Lexi for her Wounded Warrior charity work (wife and I both vets). We also both love In Gee. This was going into the tournament, and coming out we need to add Lydia to that list.

My wife stood by the practice green during the practice round to get autographs, and all but one signed. The surprising one to duck past was Minjee Lee, whose caddie said they were running late and had to go. Ok, fine, but more on that later. She caught Wie and Kerr heading to the 10th tee and they both still signed while walking, my wife didn’t realize they were mid-practice round and felt bad, but they signed anyway. Michelle was focused on her golf but signed, and Kerr was gruff and to the point – my wife was holding the flag and Kerr just matter of fact said, “Let it go, walk with me.” Knowing her personality, we found this pretty funny.

Shanshan seemed to enjoy interacting with the fans, along with Megan Khang and Danielle Kang. Danielle was carrying her own bag and told the girls she had to drop her bag first. I thought this was going to be her out, but much to her credit, she came back and signed everything handed to her. Megan had a good convo with my wife, who was wearing an Indians hat (I’m originally from Cleveland), about her caddie being from Cleveland. Also, Jillian Hollis, from Rocky River, Ohio noticed and was willing to talk to us a bit. She was very nice. We also saw Brooke, and she was awesome, very approachable and happy to sign. My wife told her she wanted Brittany’s autograph too which made Brooke laugh so I have a really good photo of that interaction. In Gee was as expected very gracious and willing to sign though I suspect her English is still not the best (but sure better than my Korean) and she seemed a little shy. But she did seem genuinely happy to sign and talk with fans. Ariya had her own pen and ended up being the only one to sign in blue, so her autograph stands out in a sea of black signatures which ended up being very fortuitous. Olafia is really pretty in person, wow. Had to be mentioned. Most of the Korean players signed if asked although interaction was limited based on probable language barriers, though they still seemed really cool when interacting in their own language. Inky seemed, well, sad unfortunately. No idea if that was due to play or something else, but we affectionately dubbed her “Pouty” instead of Inky after that. Hope nothing was going on with her, she was still pretty cool. Inbee signed and then walked the opposite direction in the crowd, and I swear I saw this sly smile come from her like she bamboozled all the others waiting. It was hilarious. Nelly signed while Jessica carried a box full of something to the practice green, she snuck by all the fans and I asked her if it was her sister’s turn to sign today. She laughed and said she be back later but we didn’t stick around. They both seemed cool. Nelly just signs it “Nelly” which is kind of cool.

After the practice rounds we got autographs from Lydia, So Yeon, Sung Hyun, and Nasa plus others. I mention these because all seemed happy to oblige and Lydia interacted the most. Nasa’s autograph is probably the coolest, she draws a little planet with Nasa in the center, almost like the logo. My wife is Ayako’s size, so we waved her over right before an interview with Japanese TV to get an autograph. She seemed very happy to do so and I wish we could have talked to her. Lydia seemed very happy to engage the fans and even struck up small conversations with us, which to me was surprising given the likely pressure that is on her and the megastar status. She also took photos after round 2 in the Lexus tent, and although likely a contractual obligation, she really seemed to be enjoying it despite being on the cut line at that time.

We followed Lydia, Ariya, and some others on the first day before settling on the bandwagon with Wie/Korda/Thompson. A funny (for us) moment came on the 12th green when Ariya was putting for birdie. Some photographer snapped a photo mid-stroke and her caddie immediately said something to the offender, and before she even picked her ball out of the hole, Ariya gave the guy a look that said it all. Even as she was walking off the green she was still mad-dogging the guy, and us fans were laughing about that. A local couple were talking behind us and they referred to Ariya as “that foreign girl. I think she’s from Thailand or something.” We just gave each other a look and laughed.

We waited for the made for TV group, and I’ll echo what others have said here; if Lexi can get her putter to work, she would be #1 no doubt. Especially leading up to the lightning delay Lexi seemed on fire that early second round, only to seemingly lose momentum after the delay and miss putts. Mom and Dad Wie were there, as were Lexi’s parents. My wife is Asian, and I totally get why her parents are the way they are lol. Lexi’s parents were cool, I spoke with Mom Thompson a little and gave her a military coin (something we do) and ballmarker as a thanks for her WW work. Judy told me Lexi keeps them all in a case at home and the ballmarkers in her bag, which I had no idea so she jumped up the rankings on our fan list. My wife was the only fan to see Wie’s ball land in the driving range on #9 so we called a marshal over and sure enough it was there. Wie hits a great second shot over trees and still got on in 3. She owes my wife at least a stroke or two, lol.

Minjee Lee. Man oh man. Ok I don’t know if it was because it was the Open but that girl does NOT interact with fans. In fact, after her second round my wife was coming back from getting food and I was literally the only fan waiting. She was the last signature we needed and I asked her to sign. She said she needed to sign her scorecard and couldn’t stop. My wife and I just looked at each other and laughed. I was the ONLY fan there, so we were very confused how signing one flag would delay, there was no one else around lol. Well, whatever if she doesn’t want to I get it, she’s not obligated of course. So we never asked again, but after her 3rd and 4th rounds, we actually saw her duck under the ropes to avoid the autograph crowds and run up to the clubhouse. She actually ducked everyone. It was surprising to us because she always seemed pleasant in TV interviews and we liked her to that point. A guy sitting next to us in the gallery overheard us and said she must be taking lessons from the men, as they won’t give you the time of day. This guy was 80 and said he prefers the LPGA events because they genuinely seem to enjoy the fan interaction most of the time. He said the guys suck, lol.

Later that evening we went to Chipotle and saw Lucy Li sitting with her family. She looked pretty sad and my wife said she was probably getting the usual from her parents, Tiger Mom reference. We thought that was sad and funny at the same time since she was only +2 at the time. While my wife went to the restroom, I turned around and there was Pernilla, still in course attire and texting. So my wife cuts back in line and Pernilla gives her a WTF look. I said, sorry, it’s my wife she’s not just cutting in line. Pernilla laughed and said she figured as much after she realized what was going on. We congratulated her on the major and wished her luck on Saturday. She seemed appreciative but we didn’t say anything else because she just wanted her burrito bowl to go. BTW, the players all got vehicles to use around town. Want to know where a player is, look for the Lexus with the Shoal Creek logo.

Saturday morning we followed Lydia, and the crowd was small at 8am for a player way back. But it was cool to watch in a seemingly more intimate style so we clapped louder to try and help lift spirits. Marina had a great day. We saw Dad Ko and her sister who followed at a distance. We didn’t see Mom Ko, but they gave her more room than Wie’s parents. Lydia seemed to be genuinely having fun out there, despite her score. Mom and Dad Alex were there as well. After her nine we watched In Gee’s back nine. She also had a rough tournament and honestly seemed tired. Heck, they all did. Read earlier about Ariya not being tired and I have to disagree, there was not a player out there that didn’t seem whipped by Sunday, so much credit to all of them. We got a photo with In Gee after she finished and we have to give her credit for that, she stuck around and talked to the Dumbos (I guess we are too…?) despite being visibly tired.

Anyway as far as play any average guy who says they can beat them has to be crazy. These ladies can play. Forget distance - they are so straight and accurate it was a joy to watch.

The crowds seemed good to me, but a lot of people did head to the gates after Wie and Thompson finished on Sunday. The playoff was amazing and we were treated to a pretty tense last few holes. It really gave us an appreciation for all these players go through, just in their own head. Now my wife wants to up her game - :dntknw: . Her goal is to just make a cut and get paid and be one of those obscure players no one knows. We can all dream I guess, so I suppose I’ll have to start getting video of Ayako’s swing to compare... :cheesy: Sorry for the novel folks, I hope this was interesting reading.

Thanks for the great write-up! 'No idea what was going on with Minjee. I saw her interacting with fans and signing autographs after her 2nd round at the Volvik last year. I believe she's rather shy, but does make an effort to interact. Keep in mind that Minjee was disqualified last year at Kingsmill after failing to sign her scorecard at the end of the 3rd round, so perhaps she's implemented a "no autographs" rule until she has finished in the scoring tent. That mistake cost her close to $80,000, as she was -9 at the time.

Lydia does seem like she's in a different world out there sometimes. I love it. A bad round doesn't seem to get her too down. 'Same with In Gee.

Thanks for the great write-up! 'No idea what was going on with Minjee. I saw her interacting with fans and signing autographs after her 2nd round at the Volvik last year. I believe she's rather shy, but does make an effort to interact. Keep in mind that Minjee was disqualified last year at Kingsmill after failing to sign her scorecard at the end of the 3rd round, so perhaps she's implemented a "no autographs" rule until she has finished in the scoring tent. That mistake cost her close to $80,000, as she was -9 at the time.

Lydia does seem like she's in a different world out there sometimes. I love it. A bad round doesn't seem to get her too down. 'Same with In Gee.

Yeah, we thought the same about Minjee. I do recall the scorecard issue and that's what I thought. If it were me, that would be my only focus to ensure I got paid so we didn't hold it against her, just a bit of a surprise. We also thought maybe since it was the Open and she set the goal this year of top ten in the rankings she's all business. Can't blame her, she's doing great this year.

Just curious but is it consensus that Lydia was kind of raised in a Tiger-esque way to be the "next big thing" or is she just naturally fit to play the part?

Her interviews have always seemed so...."put together" and polished that I've always come away thinking, she must've been trained to handle media!

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS