2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Joel Dahmen accuses Kang of cheating

schuyler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad Dahmen wasn't at The Open. No way the British media would've left him alone and we'd get more of his side of the story. I think, at this point, he needs to explain himself to the media the way Kang did. KANG's response was still pretty weak, but Dahmen hasn't really been put under scrutiny for his accusation. He answered a tweet and that was the end of it for him it seems.

Curious. I wonder why that could be . . .

This is just my $0.02, but I think from reading the articles that are out there the rank & file on Tour seem to be in support of Dahmen. I've seen tidbits that indicate questionable drops are a bit of an epidemic on Tour and I've seen actual pros quoted as saying positive things about Dahmen's character. Couple that with Kang saying he not only tried to talk with Dahmen about it but other Tour guys as well and it didn't go well to the point that he's going to stop trying. That's admittedly not a mountain of evidence but all of it does seem to point to people not having an issue with Dahmen or what he did.

And none of the above says anything about who was wrong or right. It's really just a comment of what the fallout seems to be as best I can tell. Hey Kang might have handled everything perfectly but the fallout seems to have been negative for him and not so negative for Dahmen.

Please post these because I havent seen anything on the record from anyone and doubt they exist. Dahmen doesnt have anymore credibility or rep than someone whos played 5+ full years on tour (Kang). Human nature is people usually stay away from these things to avoid getting involved. Dahmen didnt come out of this unscathed. Bottom line its all hearsay.its very damning that Dahmen wouldnt meet with Kang.

Man, I really wanted to stay out of this....LOL

More s*** that just isn't true. I find it incredibly irresponsible that with the information that is out there, which contradicts much of what you post, that you keep pushing this narrative. Kang's own words will even tell a different story.

And for the record, Nick Taylor is quoted as speaking highly of Dahmen's character and to the adversities he has overcome to get to where he is. He's been through some stuff, stuff that humbles most men.

Do some reading, your opinions aren't facts to the story, no matter how many times you repeat them, nor are they more credible because you try and discredit everything and everyone around you. You can stand on the side of the rules official, that is fine if that's what you believe is the right thing but you are continuously knocking at Dahmens character with fake news while criticizing the guy for attacking another man's character out of, what you deem, a weak accusation. I am sure you don't even see the irony, though.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Too bad Dahmen wasn't at The Open. No way the British media would've left him alone and we'd get more of his side of the story. I think, at this point, he needs to explain himself to the media the way Kang did. KANG's response was still pretty weak, but Dahmen hasn't really been put under scrutiny for his accusation. He answered a tweet and that was the end of it for him it seems.

This is just my $0.02, but I think from reading the articles that are out there the rank & file on Tour seem to be in support of Dahmen. I've seen tidbits that indicate questionable drops are a bit of an epidemic on Tour and I've seen actual pros quoted as saying positive things about Dahmen's character. Couple that with Kang saying he not only tried to talk with Dahmen about it but other Tour guys as well and it didn't go well to the point that he's going to stop trying. That's admittedly not a mountain of evidence but all of it does seem to point to people not having an issue with Dahmen or what he did.

And none of the above says anything about who was wrong or right. It's really just a comment of what the fallout seems to be as best I can tell. Hey Kang might have handled everything perfectly but the fallout seems to have been negative for him and not so negative for Dahmen.

Please post these because I havent seen anything on the record from anyone and doubt they exist. Dahmen doesnt have anymore credibility or rep than someone whos played 5+ full years on tour (Kang). Human nature is people usually stay away from these things to avoid getting involved. Dahmen didnt come out of this unscathed. Bottom line its all hearsay.its very damning that Dahmen wouldnt meet with Kang.

More s*** that just isn't true. I find it incredibly irresponsible that with the information that is out there, which contradicts much of what you post, that you keep pushing this narrative. Kang's own words will even tell a different story.

And for the record, Nick Taylor is quoted as speaking highly of Dahmen's character and to the adversities he has overcome to get to where he is. He's been through some stuff, stuff that humbles most men.

Do some reading, your opinions aren't facts to the story, no matter how many times you repeat them, nor are they more credible because you try and discredit everything and everyone around you. You can stand on the side of the rules official, that is fine if that's what you believe is the right thing but you are continuously knocking at Dahmens character with fake news while criticizing the guy for attacking another man's character out of, what you deem, a weak accusation. I am sure you don't even see the irony, though.

Nick Taylor, Ben Crane, Denny McCarthy off the top of my head are guys that spoke highly of Dahmen’s character and demeanor since the incident. There were a couple more that I can’t recall but I would think three would suffice. None of them were big names FWIW.

Glad youre still so emotional about this. the quotes are about him being a cancer survivor which I mentioned earlier in thread. unfortunately one has nothing to do with the other. i know thats hard to hear but its reality.

Look at the bolded, I can say the same exact thing of you and your posts. Youre simply not able to accept your opinions arent facts either. He refused to meet with Kang 1 on 1. thats on him. As i said to clint dagger its all hearsay whether you like it or not.I know your position as you know mine.Dahmen was wrong to say that word in my opinion and the opinion of many others because the rules say so. you need to just accept that and not get so excited and pretend to show restraint. post away anything you want just remember your opinions arent facts either. You used alot of buzzwords to show me how upset you are. its cool for you to attack another mans character but not for me to do it... oh the sweet irony. Do you even realize what you posted?

Nick Taylor, Ben Crane, Denny McCarthy off the top of my head are guys that spoke highly of Dahmen's character and demeanor since the incident. There were a couple more that I can't recall but I would think three would suffice. None of them were big names FWIW.

What was his demeanor and character suppose to be since the incident? Not being snarky but it sounds ridiculous to say that.i can also say Kang demeanor and character has been great since the incident.Answered questions at the british as a non native english speaker very well. Nobody has stated they agree with Dahmen on the record FYI because they werent there and people tend to butt out as they should.

lowheel: I respect your viewpoint and you argue it very well. I have said all along that this is a he said / he said with a few eyewitnesses sprinkled in and I have said multiple times that Kang could very well have taken an appropriate drop. Based on what is out there my thinking is that it’s a higher probability that he took a bad drop, but I certainly don’t rule out that the opposite could be true. But I wonder if you have ever said that Dahmen might very well be right and he and the eyewitnesses might have very well seen enough to know that Kang did something untoward. You disagree with the tweeting aspect of all this and I can totally understand that. But getting to the heart of the matter which is the incident itself, do you allow for any possibility that Dahmen was right and saw enough to know he was right?

Nick Taylor, Ben Crane, Denny McCarthy off the top of my head are guys that spoke highly of Dahmen's character and demeanor since the incident. There were a couple more that I can't recall but I would think three would suffice. None of them were big names FWIW.

What was his demeanor and character suppose to be since the incident? Not being snarky but it sounds ridiculous to say that.i can also say Kang demeanor and character has been great since the incident.Answered questions at the british as a non native english speaker very well. Nobody has stated they agree with Dahmen on the record FYI because they werent there and people tend to butt out as they should.

I think you misunderstood what I said. Since the incident has happened those guys were asked about Dahmen or Dahmen came up and they said he’s a stand up guy and not a hothead (I’m paraphrasing). None of them said anything about agreeing with him on this incident specifically or saying he was in the right.

I think you misunderstood what I said. Since the incident has happened those guys were asked about Dahmen or Dahmen came up and they said he's a stand up guy and not a hothead (I'm paraphrasing). None of them said anything about agreeing with him on this incident specifically or saying he was in the right.

No worries thats what i figured but wanted to double check. i posted earlier in the thread about his cancer and his journey to get on tour and similarly Kangs journey. Both great stories.I dont dislike either.i simply disagree with how one aspect was handled of the whole situation which in my opinion taints the whole thing. Also dont know if hes a hot head or not as ive never alluded to that i simply speculated that it seemed of personal nature to escalate things like that. Personally i believe he regrets using that term but cant back down now. We'll never know

lowheel: I respect your viewpoint and you argue it very well. I have said all along that this is a he said / he said with a few eyewitnesses sprinkled in and I have said multiple times that Kang could very well have taken an appropriate drop. Based on what is out there my thinking is that it's a higher probability that he took a bad drop, but I certainly don't rule out that the opposite could be true. But I wonder if you have ever said that Dahmen might very well be right and he and the eyewitnesses might have very well seen enough to know that Kang did something untoward. You disagree with the tweeting aspect of all this and I can totally understand that. But getting to the heart of the matter which is the incident itself, do you allow for any possibility that Dahmen was right and saw enough to know he was right?

I sincerely absolutely have, ill save you the time of searching but if you do you will see i have said this many times. its 100% possible that dahmen is right.i dont even need to hear from his caddie or friend to know this. Thats the issue there was a disagreement between the 2, both i suspect pleaded their cases to each other, still disagreed and then they rightly brought in the rules official and the official with the information and rules at his disposal has to give the player the benefit of the doubt unless video or definitive proof ie broken limb of tree and so on. the issue is that once the ruling is given, its over. Dahmen had every right to disagree but at that point its over. He gets to the tent, he could formerly say hes filing a protest and wont sign the card. he didnt do so. the matter was closed in my book. the big problem is that these drops are always iffy, always. Kang could actually be 100% right and his ball did hook where he says. he knows his flight and knows how well he hit it. it was also a 265 yard shot, not some 8 iron. too many variables to conclusively argue in favor of dahmen accusation and he knows this. lets say we spilt the difference and Dahmen says he was 180 yards out when it cleared the hazard and Kang is sure its 50 yards out. lets say the truth is in the middle and the ball crossed at 110-120 yards out. Do you really believe a pga tour pro with 6 years on tour, 5 million in earnings in the middle of a final round 64 round suddenly loses his mind and says im gonna drop there just because and risk his reputation like that? personally i dont buy it and thats why you cant accuse Kang of cheating the way dhamen did because the intent has to be crystal clear.

I really believe both guys believe theyre right so it will be impossible to hash it out. "I strongly disagreed with his drop but in the end the ruling didnt go my way" versus "Kang cheated" one raises questions the other slanders a persons reputation unjustifiably.

If you have a few minutes heres a fascinating read. Tell me what you think. this is when a ruling is taken out of the players hands. Obviously not the same type of ruling but in the spirit of the discussion

https://www.pga.com/news/pga-tour/tiger-woods-doesnt-think-he-should-gotten-two-shot-penalty-bmw-championship

Glad youre still so emotional about this. the quotes are about him being a cancer survivor which I mentioned earlier in thread. unfortunately one has nothing to do with the other. i know thats hard to hear but its reality.

Look at the bolded, I can say the same exact thing of you and your posts. Youre simply not able to accept your opinions arent facts either. He refused to meet with Kang 1 on 1. thats on him. As i said to clint dagger its all hearsay whether you like it or not.I know your position as you know mine.Dahmen was wrong to say that word in my opinion and the opinion of many others because the rules say so. you need to just accept that and not get so excited and pretend to show restraint. post away anything you want just remember your opinions arent facts either. You used alot of buzzwords to show me how upset you are. its cool for you to attack another mans character but not for me to do it... oh the sweet irony. Do you even realize what you posted?

This is absolutely untrue. They argued about it on the course long enough for the group behind them to pass through.... Kang, by his own account, went to approach Dahmen before their round at the next event, I believe, then decided not to because he didn't want it to interfere with their round. Since then Kang has decided to not talk about the issue at all, besides taking a few questions at the Open with his normal canned responses that he's going with the rules official's decision. To say that Dahmen will not speak to Kang and to insinuate that he is somehow ducking Kang is again another stretch of the truth on your part. You want to argue about the way he handled it on Twitter? FINE, I don't think you'll get a whole lot of pushback, but he was asked by someone on Twitter about why they were held up and let another group pass through. It was then that he responded with the "cheat" tweet.... he didn't just run to Twitter just to post that, he did so after someone confronted him about what happened.

I apologize if my "buzzwords" hurt your feelings or if you thought I was questioning your character because I said you need to read more of the information that's out there.... You may think I am spouting my opinions, my only opinion is that Kang took a drop that he didn't deserve. I got to that conclusion based on the information I am reading, not by my own made up facts because I am bias, or have some agenda. You disagree with me? Thats totally fine. You just keep saying things hoping they'll stick, that have nothing to back them up, in fact the opposite in most occasions. You questioned if any tour pros have spoken to Dahmens character because you can't even do your own simple google search, examples are presented and you again, somehow try to discredit them or look at it in a different context.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

It would appear, with no credible evidence, the American guy is right and the South Korean is wrong.

Personally I wasn't there so cant really comment on what happened. My crystal ball is in the repair shop.

I no understand what you try to say. Wha happan?

Glad he put South. Otherwise, Kim Jung Un would go all nuclear on us.

It would appear, with no credible evidence, the American guy is right and the South Korean is wrong.

Personally I wasn't there so cant really comment on what happened. My crystal ball is in the repair shop.

Obviously it’s hard to know exactly what happened but I wouldn’t necessarily say 5 guys saying they saw the same thing is not credible... how many people are backing up Kangs story? That’s an honest question, I have not seen anyone other than maybe his caddie corroborate his side and I’m not even positive about that. I’m not saying one side is wrong or right but there does seem to be more to support what Dahmen says he saw. It’s hard for me to ignore that, obviously not for some others.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

It would appear, with no credible evidence, the American guy is right and the South Korean is wrong. Personally I wasn't there so cant really comment on what happened. My crystal ball is in the repair shop.
Obviously it’s hard to know exactly what happened but I wouldn’t necessarily say 5 guys saying they saw the same thing is not credible... how many people are backing up Kangs story? That’s an honest question, I have not seen anyone other than maybe his caddie corroborate his side and I’m not even positive about that. I’m not saying one side is wrong or right but there does seem to be more to support what Dahmen says he saw. It’s hard for me to ignore that, obviously not for some others.

Well you obviously missed my attemp at levity, however.

Whatever the truth about the drop. Mistake? Legal? Illegal? "Professionalism" ? We will probably never know. What we do know is that a fellow professional, instead of going through the correct channels and letting them deal with it, choose to make probably the gravest accusation againt another professional on social media. If you think thats correct then you live with it.

I say it's WRONG. Mainly because people like you take it as fact and run with it. Its not the gentlemanly way to deal with it.

This is absolutely untrue. They argued about it on the course long enough for the group behind them to pass through.... Kang, by his own account, went to approach Dahmen before their round at the next event, I believe, then decided not to because he didn't want it to interfere with their round. Since then Kang has decided to not talk about the issue at all, besides taking a few questions at the Open with his normal canned responses that he's going with the rules official's decision. To say that Dahmen will not speak to Kang and to insinuate that he is somehow ducking Kang is again another stretch of the truth on your part. You want to argue about the way he handled it on Twitter? FINE, I don't think you'll get a whole lot of pushback, but he was asked by someone on Twitter about why they were held up and let another group pass through. It was then that he responded with the "cheat" tweet.... he didn't just run to Twitter just to post that, he did so after someone confronted him about what happened.

I apologize if my "buzzwords" hurt your feelings or if you thought I was questioning your character because I said you need to read more of the information that's out there.... You may think I am spouting my opinions, my only opinion is that Kang took a drop that he didn't deserve. I got to that conclusion based on the information I am reading, not by my own made up facts because I am bias, or have some agenda. You disagree with me? Thats totally fine. You just keep saying things hoping they'll stick, that have nothing to back them up, in fact the opposite in most occasions. You questioned if any tour pros have spoken to Dahmens character because you can't even do your own simple google search, examples are presented and you again, somehow try to discredit them or look at it in a different context.

Your sarcasm and classic projection is noted.Youre adding nothing new yet are accusing me of making things up.At least you finally admitted that Dahmen refused to meet with Kang. As for the bolded youre cherry picking to fit your narrative.I asked what pros have gone on the record to defend dhamen in this incident. the answer is 0. Those pros attested to his cancer and his road to the tour not the ruling tantrum or accusation. Secondly nothing you have said rises above speculation yet you have the nerve to say im making things up? Im so making things up that you finally acknowledged that dahmen refused to meet kang which a few post ago you said never happened. Youre so dug in and that fine but like i said youre seething through the screen. its transaprent. Seriously, you never intended to have an honest discussion. For you and a few others the "witnesses" are beyond reproach and put the burden on Kang. its quite the opposite though. The guy making the accusations has no definitive proof so better to keep your mouth shut in that situation instead of going on twitter. Youre so blind to your own bias that you dont realize it. " kang gave canned answers" give your head a shake. What did you want him to say? as a non native english speaker he handled it just fine. Youre too emotional on the subject which puzzles me and youre lashing out at me because of it. if your only argument is Dahmens caddie and 2 friends say so then theres simply nothing more to discuss. Youre welcome to keep calling me a liar though and pretend youre not attacking my character. Sweet irony

Lol its up to 5 now...

Lol its up to 5 now...

It was 5 the whole time.... put a helmet on and get in the game.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Lol its up to 5 now...

5 to 3 of witnesses that were there then. Still doesn't seem like enough "evidence" one way or the other.

Lol its up to 5 now...

it never was 5 but nice try. on the record its 3. 2 of which are dhamens friends, 1 the shotlink volunteer

Your sarcasm and classic projection is noted.Youre adding nothing new yet are accusing me of making things up. At least you finally admitted that Dahmen refused to meet with Kang. As for the bolded youre cherry picking to fit your narrative.I asked what pros have gone on the record to defend dhamen in this incident. the answer is 0. Those pros attested to his cancer and his road to the tour not the ruling tantrum or accusation. Secondly nothing you have said rises above speculation yet you have the nerve to say im making things up? Im so making things up that you finally acknowledged that dahmen refused to meet kang which a few post ago you said never happened. Youre so dug in and that fine but like i said youre seething through the screen. its transaprent. Seriously, you never intended to have an honest discussion. For you and a few others the "witnesses" are beyond reproach and put the burden on Kang. its quite the opposite though. The guy making the accusations has no definitive proof so better to keep your mouth shut in that situation instead of going on twitter. Youre so blind to your own bias that you dont realize it. " kang gave canned answers" give your head a shake. What did you want him to say? as a non native english speaker he handled it just fine. Youre too emotional on the subject which puzzles me and youre lashing out at me because of it. if your only argument is Dahmens caddie and 2 friends say so then theres simply nothing more to discuss. Youre welcome to keep calling me a liar though and pretend youre not attacking my character. Sweet irony

Bias.

Agenda.

Non-native speaker.

Refused to meet with Kang.

Dahmens caddie and 2 friends.

Nope. You've been spot on with details the whole time. Keep projecting, brah.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Lol its up to 5 now...

it never was 5 but nice try. on the record its 3. 2 of which are dhamens friends, 1 the shotlink volunteer

It was Dahmen, left green side marshal, left fairway marshal, shot link guy, and Dahmens buddy following the group. You will likely discount whoever for whatever, but to me, that looks like 5.... at the very least. AND was mentioned way earlier in the thread but I understand how details seem to get missed here.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

It would appear, with no credible evidence, the American guy is right and the South Korean is wrong. Personally I wasn't there so cant really comment on what happened. My crystal ball is in the repair shop.
Lol its up to 5 now...
5 to 3 of witnesses that were there then. Still doesn't seem like enough "evidence" one way or the other.

I'm not saying it's the smoking gun, but it's more solid than anything Kang's story has so far. 5 people saying they saw the same or similar things is no longer valid, it's just agenda, bias, racism, whatever... it's just no longer a path to the truth I guess if you don't want it to be.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Your sarcasm and classic projection is noted.Youre adding nothing new yet are accusing me of making things up. At least you finally admitted that Dahmen refused to meet with Kang. As for the bolded youre cherry picking to fit your narrative.I asked what pros have gone on the record to defend dhamen in this incident. the answer is 0. Those pros attested to his cancer and his road to the tour not the ruling tantrum or accusation. Secondly nothing you have said rises above speculation yet you have the nerve to say im making things up? Im so making things up that you finally acknowledged that dahmen refused to meet kang which a few post ago you said never happened. Youre so dug in and that fine but like i said youre seething through the screen. its transaprent. Seriously, you never intended to have an honest discussion. For you and a few others the "witnesses" are beyond reproach and put the burden on Kang. its quite the opposite though. The guy making the accusations has no definitive proof so better to keep your mouth shut in that situation instead of going on twitter. Youre so blind to your own bias that you dont realize it. " kang gave canned answers" give your head a shake. What did you want him to say? as a non native english speaker he handled it just fine. Youre too emotional on the subject which puzzles me and youre lashing out at me because of it. if your only argument is Dahmens caddie and 2 friends say so then theres simply nothing more to discuss. Youre welcome to keep calling me a liar though and pretend youre not attacking my character. Sweet irony

Bias.

Agenda.

Non-native speaker.

Refused to meet with Kang.

Dahmens caddie and 2 friends.

Nope. You've been spot on with details the whole time. Keep projecting, brah.

You called me brah... edgy. Nice I know you are but what am I strategy, shows how calm you are...

[media=]

[/media]

If there were 5 witnesses to blatant cheating why was there no complaint to the PGA and tournament committee?

because there wasnt any no matter how hard hes trying to convince anyone of the opposite. No formal protest or complaint filed but he was a tough guy on twitter so that settled it. So principled in his ways that he refused to discuss his slanderous accusation on Kang man to man...

The witnesses stories came out after Dahmen put his foot in his mouth on twitter. Convenient cover

If there were 5 witnesses to blatant cheating why was there no complaint to the PGA and tournament committee?

There were, in fact, multiple complaints made to both.

But Saturday was the Diane Murphy annual luau and pig roast and all the golf big wigs were there.

Apparently, the punch was 3 parts pineapple juice, 2 parts grenadine, and 40 parts Bacardi 151.

Nobody woke up til Monday ; )