Make switch to PXG?

00bolt

Ladies and gentlemen.....

I give you Heroes Program PXG.

16 of 18 Greens hit....with quite a few off center...

A muted feel but still knowing where the strike was....the flight is incredible....irons are bigger than anticipated but not a bad thing as obviously I need the help! Will check specs to confirm but seemingly spot on for the order....in which I weaken lofts

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A muted feel but still knowing where the strike was....the flight is incredible....irons are bigger than anticipated but not a bad thing as obviously I need the help! Will check specs to confirm but seemingly spot on for the order....in which I weaken lofts

Those sure look nice. Glad to see you got yours and you’re already swinging them pretty good. Mine shipped and I get my 2 iron Monday and my irons Wednesday. They screwed up because my shipping should’ve been 2 day for both orders but they did refund my shipping charge for the 2 day already. Looks like you got the extra gift of the divot tool. Looks good.

Bravo

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I got the Accra in stiff. Believe 90i. I can check when I get home. But wanted something I didn’t have to swing full all the time. Kinda work it all ways. Something to hit 215-230. It performs. I play pro white 60tx in my driver and a pro blue 70tx in my 3 wood so was worried it would be a little to weak. But not the case at all.

What shafts are you guys getting in the hybrid?

I ordered the tensi ckpro blue. Hope it isn’t too stiff.

I’m the OP. Never dreamed thread would get this much action. Anyway. Ordered my 0311T last Tuesday and my tracking says I’ll receive them on Wednesday. So from order to my door is exactly 2 weeks and 1 day. I can’t wait!!

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I was told 7-10 days to build and 4-5 days shipping today.

I’m the OP. Never dreamed thread would get this much action. Anyway. Ordered my 0311T last Tuesday and my tracking says I’ll receive them on Wednesday. So from order to my door is exactly 2 weeks and 1 day. I can’t wait!!

Theres tons of people taking advantage of this program. Going to hurt the releases of Mizuno (same clubs anyway and boron crap) and Srixon this fall if its still available. Heroes program was great and took care of military. Now if they made the putters,wods and hybrids available.

Theres tons of people taking advantage of this program. Going to hurt the releases of Mizuno (same clubs anyway and boron crap) and Srixon this fall if its still available. Heroes program was great and took care of military. Now if they made the putters,wods and hybrids available.

Putters, Woods, and hybrids are available.

Saw on my FB you can order the gen one irons online for limited

Time. Price is $195 per club. Seems like a solid deal for those looking to make the switch.

Military, veterans, and first responders can get them for 50% off which is $125 per iron.

Not to nitpick but it's more than 50% .... initially the irons were 175 per club which was the 50% discount....now at 125 per club, it's like 65% .....schematics....my order was placed Thursday btw!

The Black adds $60 per club if that's what you got, yes I know the math is $10 off. I just ordered some P790's but debated on the PXGs and the i500. The $60 shipping and 4 week turnaround was a little off putting.

I'm hearing it's around a 2 weeks turnaround now compared to about 3 weeks it took for mine. Depending on the shaft you want, even with the $60 shipping it can be cheaper for the PXG's compared to the 790's. I went back and forth for weeks before getting the PXG's. No regrets. I'm sure you'll love the 790's.

Mine arrive Tuesday, 14-days exactly

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

Yeah this made it a no brainer for me. With Steelfibers I was looking at $1600 from TM for 790s and about the same on i500. I could get the irons and 2 hybrids for $200 less than the other two option for irons only.

Really finding the groove with these clubs. Pure strikes are amazing and off center hits are decent.

These clubs are the real deal.

Driver (10):  Titleist TSR3 (Tour AD DI 6s)
3 Wood (16.5):  Titleist TSR2 (Tour AD DI 7s)
Hybrid (19):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Hybrid (22):  Titleist TSi2 (Tour AD DI 85s)
Irons (5-G):  Titleist T100S (TT Elevate Tour)
Wedges:  54/58:  Vokey SM9 (PX LZ 6.0 -- Onyx)
Putter:  Toulon Las Vegas 2022

Just got my irons in today. 0311T 5-PW and a 0311x 2 iron. Can’t play till Wednesday but went to the range. They have great feel and I really like them so far but really need course time. The modus 120S are a little more whippy then my KBS but not to worried about that. Wasn’t sure how big the iron was going to be but their almost the same size as my P770s. The 2 iron on the other hand has the even flow blue shaft 85g and not going to lie, not a big fan. The shaft is way way way to tip soft. I swing really aggressive and it’s not going to work. I might put in a hazard or a AD DI. I’ll update more after my round Wednesday.

How are the swing weights on these irons? From what I read on PXG website everything is a D0? Could that be correct?

Also for those that ordered with Steelfiber i95 were they able to put heavier weights to get the swingweight up?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

How are the swing weights on these irons? From what I read on PXG website everything is a D0? Could that be correct?

Also for those that ordered with Steelfiber i95 were they able to put heavier weights to get the swingweight up?

If you call in rather than order online you can request specific swingweights and additional specs as needed

Just got my irons in today. 0311T 5-PW and a 0311x 2 iron. Canât play till Wednesday but went to the range. They have great feel and I really like them so far but really need course time. The modus 120S are a little more whippy then my KBS but not to worried about that. Wasnât sure how big the iron was going to be but their almost the same size as my P770s. The 2 iron on the other hand has the even flow blue shaft 85g and not going to lie, not a big fan. The shaft is way way way to tip soft. I swing really aggressive and itâs not going to work. I might put in a hazard or a AD DI. Iâll update more after my round Wednesday.

Rebar shafts are the way to go

You can get pretty much whatever you like if you ask for it. I quite like a marginally progressive swingweight, so I have mine starting at a D4 for the driver, going up to D8 in my wedges. PXG also took in to account the grips I wanted, as those alone decreased swingweight by 4 points on my previous irons.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

You can get pretty much whatever you like if you ask for it. I quite like a marginally progressive swingweight, so I have mine starting at a D4 for the driver, going up to D8 in my wedges. PXG also took in to account the grips I wanted, as those alone decreased swingweight by 4 points on my previous irons.

Swing-weight should be calculated based on a 50 gram grip. Heavier or lighter grips really just "fool" the swingweight scale.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Thanks for the info. Another question, specs onsite say 5 iron built at 38 1/4. Is that true or does PXG measure different? So if I wanted 37.75 5 iron like Mizuno would I have to order 1/2 short?

Thanks for the info. Another question, specs onsite say 5 iron built at 38 1/4. Is that true or does PXG measure different? So if I wanted 37.75 5 iron like Mizuno would I have to order 1/2 short?

Just tell them EXACTLY the length you WANT each iron.....loft, lie ,length....be as SPECIFIC as you'd like!

Just tell them EXACTLY the length you WANT each iron.....loft, lie ,length....be as SPECIFIC as you'd like!

Oh nice! thanks

Wow 9 pages of responses to this thread. That’s impressive.

You want me to forget price but I can’t resist saying that if you can get brand new PXGs for basically the price of any other brand new iron set then I would do it out of principle.

Why would I do not out of principle will answer your question. They feel incredible and they are extremely forgiving. I had Gen 1s and upgrades to GEN2s and I don’t see the “significant” difference that PXG says they are better in every way. I loved the Gen 1s and I love the GEN2s. When you hit them flush there are no other irons that I have ever used are as responsive and when you miss hit them I feel that they are quite forgiving.

So yes for the price I would do it.

I have been "IN" on PXG since day one. Had 0311T First Gen and low have 0311P Gen 2. Love them. This set I went all black. Black grip, black shaft, black head. Awesome. I have only one sort of strange comment/complaint. I am hitting them too far! Has anyone else noticed this? The lofts are the same as the 0311T so I figured I would be just fine. I didn't gain any distance with first gen. I just noticed that my misses were more on line and I was able to hit them higher. I normally hit a 46 Degree PW (W in PXG) about 135 yards. I am not hitting the Gen 2 Wedge 150-155 yards. Crazy.

To comment on your original post though I'd say GO FOR IT. Great club. Great upgrade. I played Titleist clubs through high school and college - was a true loyalist. These have been my first sets of non Titleist irons maybe ever. And I don't think I will go back. Although I am very tempted to go through the process w/ National Custom Works.

Enjoy the PXGs and thank you for your service!

Anybody tried the $160 polos? Any performance gains?

I’m getting another 10-15 yards with it on.