MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

How do I take the club back, what’s my transition at the top doing, an I too steep, am I coming from to far inside, am I tucking my right elbow in, do I have the right shafts, are they the right length, blah blah blah.

Not well.

Nothing good.

Yes.

Yes

No.

Doubtful.

Probably.

Blah.

Blah.

Blah.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the assistance..

Played today at Waverly.

Used the new g10. Very nice little toy.

Has a built in odometer. I think it uses GPS.

Anyway, I've "Google mapped" a rough estimate of walking that course and come up with somewhere around 5.3 miles. That was always an underestimate because it doesn't get all the auxiliary walking.

On the odometer today... 7.3 miles. Hey, that's getting somewhere.

Silly round today. I had about 6-10 feet for par on probably 16 holes. I made about half of em.

Wasn't really in danger of a birdie or a double all day.

We caught a foursome on 11 so after our tee shots we played to hole 12. I hit one to like 145. Q hit one to the bottom and we both had about 15 feet for birdie. I told him it was the closest I'd ever seen him to the hole on 12. Then I told him "CASE CLOSED!"

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

My 30 ounce french press will last me from 530a until @ 9. I have a couple of k cups after that. But after all that coffee I can still go home and crush a two hour nap, no problem. Btw, Amazon actually has a couple of great coffees out under their own brand. The medium blend is really good and I just ordered the dark roast to try. Runs around $5 a pound in the 3 pound bags.

Got the Mevo out for testing tonight and with some limited driver work, I’m really impressed so far. The carry and spin numbers were all within shouting distance of the Trackman. I’m guessing if I did 25 shots with it, the averages would be within a couple percent of each other. Not something you would use for professional fittings but certainly useful for amateurs and imo impressive at the price point. < i think that tracks with the extended review msg did.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Played today at Waverly.

Anyway, I've "Google mapped" a rough estimate of walking that course and come up with somewhere around 5.3 miles. That was always an underestimate because it doesn't get all the auxiliary walking.

Silly round today. I had about 6-10 feet for par on probably 16 holes. I made about half of em.

We caught a foursome on 11 so after our tee shots we played to hole 12. I hit one to like 145. Q hit one to the bottom and we both had about 15 feet for birdie. I told him it was the closest I'd ever seen him to the hole on 12. Then I told him "CASE CLOSED!"

City, an underrated feature of the G10 is screen inversion. You can set it so the readouts face you when you look down, even though it's upright on the belt.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

My water to coffee ratio is 1:15 for hot and 1:4.85 for cold. But, taking ice into account*, I need 48oz a day to fill two 30 oz tumblers. Hot I only fill two 20oz'ers. So it's 3x as much coffee per volume, but also an extra 16% volume.

Looking at my spreadsheet (again, see *), its 2.64lbs of coffee M-F. At $6/lb, it's still only about $2 per 30oz serving, but it seems crazy putting all those beans into my grinder.

*My wife mocks me for keeping a spreadsheet with how many mL of water, grams of coffee, and even how much ice we need. But coffee measurements confuse the hell out of me, particularly when everyone defines "cup" differently and rarely specifies if they're talking 5, 6 or 8oz. Plus, it helps me get a little closer to perfection each time.

And here I thought I had a coffee problem because I drink two 16 oz mugs every morning.

I have to do hot coffee in the morning, even in the middle of summer. Afternoon coffee can go either way, though I tend to go hot in the fall and winter and cold brew in the spring and summer.

We got a grind-and-brew coffee maker last Christmas because I was tired of having to grind beans every few days. It makes good coffee but it has one of those thermal carafes and the coffee can lose some of its heat by the second cup. My wife likes that feature since she doesn't like scalding hot coffee but it annoys me. Oh, and it's loud AF when it turns on in the morning...like badger trying to chew through the front door loud. Ain't nobody sleeping through that!

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Played today at Waverly.

City, an underrated feature of the G10 is screen inversion. You can set it so the readouts face you when you look down, even though it's upright on the belt.

If it doesn't entirely strap around the belt, I just know (from life experience) that at some point I'll look down and it's gone. I kept it in pocket.

Based on my life experience, I'm going to lose this thing if I'm not careful anyway. There's a gap built into it for a strap. I'm thinking about tying a long red ribbon through it just to make it that much tougher to lose. . .maybe in combo with some velcro loop and I can strap that over the handle of my push cart.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

BTW --

Got an email from Waverly yesterday. "buy a 200 gift card, get a $50 voucher."

can send link if anyone cares.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Based on my life experience, I'm going to lose this thing if I'm not careful anyway. There's a gap built into it for a strap. I'm thinking about tying a long red ribbon through it just to make it that much tougher to lose. . .maybe in combo with some velcro loop and I can strap that over the handle of my push cart.

Is there any way to tie/lash it to a caribiner? Would make it easier to take on and off things and hopefully harder to lose.

Is there any way to tie/lash it to a caribiner? Would make it easier to take on and off things and hopefully harder to lose.

Yes. I just need to get a loop through it and get a small 'biner through the loop.

carabiners are an underrated golf accessory. I have one on each bag. . .good for towel loops, wedge brush, strap for laser, and now I guess for gps. I have these tiny little cheapies that are sufficient, but they're so cheap and a little too small. I don't need something to belay me down a mountain, but I need to get a couple higher quality, small/medium ones for my accessories.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

carabiners are an underrated golf accessory. I have one on each bag. . .good for towel loops, wedge brush, strap for laser, and now I guess for gps. I have these tiny little cheapies that are sufficient, but they're so cheap and a little too small. I don't need something to belay me down a mountain, but I need to get a couple higher quality, small/medium ones for my accessories.

Completely agree. The towel "loop" on most bags is complete garbage, its either cheap plastic or too small for the big towels - or I guess these days its just the normal sized towel. But I dont think I've used that loop on the last few bags I've owned. I've bought 5 packs of caribiners on Amazon in different sizes and they are of good enough quality. They certainly are not going to break. I have a small one holding a couple bag tags, one for a towel and one that can hold my laser. Its good for the laser too bc I like to take it off the bag and stash it whenever I set the bag somewhere and walk away.

Yes. I just need to get a loop through it and get a small 'biner through the loop.

I have a couple "S" style carabiners. Great for changing out usage:

nite-ize-carabiners-sb2-03-01-64_1000.jpg

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

here's extended clip because i know you all want to see it.

personal revelation: i've been waiting for some to say "let this be the hour when we draw swords together" ever since i saw this movie.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

here's extended clip because i know you all want to see it.

[media=]

[/media]

personal revelation: i've been waiting for some to say "let this be the hour when we draw swords together" ever since i saw this movie.

Let this not happen at the men's bathroom at Pinehurst #4.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Courses 1-5 have the same clubhouse. The civilized course #4 patrons will be sharing the same facilities with those sword-touchers playing course #1.

Just keep an eye out for all of the teenaged fathers playing course #3. Or the flat-earthers who exclusively fill the tee sheet on #5.

Nobody plays #2. Unless you want to be in the company of serial rapists, of course.

Among the new rules I expect to see tons of violations of early next year, the new drop rules will be common.

This is from the R&A outlines of new rules. You can go HERE and download the sheets for the changes and responses to questions and whatnot.

new drop rule (quoted and snipped) :

The ball must now be dropped from KNEE HEIGHT. Knee height means the height of the player’s knee when in a standing position but you do not need to be in a standing position when you drop the ball. Your knee height is a matter of fact. It cannot be manipulated.

The ball must be dropped straight down so it falls to the ground without the player throwing it, spinning it or rolling it and it must not touch any part of your body or equipment BEFORE it hits the ground. If your ball accidentally rolls against your foot or equipment AFTER it hits the ground, this is ok and your ball is in play so don’t touch it!! You are only at risk of a penalty if the action of stopping the ball is deliberate.

The ball must come to rest in the relief area. This is a key change and we say it again for emphasis… THE BALL MUST COME TO REST IN THE RELIEF AREA. If it rolls outside the relief area, it must be dropped again and if it happens again, the ball must be placed where it first hit the ground on the second drop, just as we do today. If the ball will not stay at rest on that spot, it must be placed on that spot again and if it still will not stay there, it must be placed on the nearest spot, not nearer the hole, where it will stay at rest. Depending on the circumstances, this spot may have to be outside the relief area.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green