MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

FYI, Ebates is 8% cash back on Oakley today.

Rockbottom is doing buy 3, get 1 dozen of the new Srixon balls. Free personalization too. I found that out by accident and ended up with a lucky BST trade.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Watching Phil on the range. Paul Casey is working on his short putt practice, so Phil is the only guy out there on the perfectly manicured range. Makes me so jelly, seeing the guy out there on the beautiful course, all alone with everything to himself.

He also just donked the flagstick on his wedge shot, so that's a good sign for him.

FYI, Ebates is 8% cash back on Oakley today.

Rockbottom is doing buy 3, get 1 dozen of the new Srixon balls. Free personalization too. I found that out by accident and ended up with a lucky BST trade.

I swear, they have the buy 3 get 1 on Srixon at least 75% of the year on golfballs.com.

Maybe they do, I only switched to Srixon balls at the end of the season when my 5A TP5x's ran out. I got 3 XV/1 Z-Star

The new Z-Star is supposed to be slightly firmer, and the XV is going to be slightly spinnier around the greens. It's hard to imagine the XV being better than it's current model though, that ball is just awesome.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

For those that have made the trek to Pinehurst before, what it the easiest way there? I'll hit I-95 in Emporia, VA, but I was thinking I would head to Raleigh and then south on Rt1, but my FIL said I would be better to take I-95 all the way to Fayetteville and work my way back up as Raleigh traffic is bad. Any thoughts?

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

75% is probably an exaggeration, but it's definitely frequent enough that one should never have to pay full price for Srixons.

I played the XV last year. I hadn't tried that ball for a long time, because I thought it was awful around the greens back in the day. It was certainly much improved compared to what I recalled.

I haven't played the Pro V1 since probably 2013, but I'm going back to it this year. It was either that, or the standard TP5. I played through a duzz of the TP5 at some point, and liked it. I only got through a sleeve of the new V1, but preferred it slightly. It's really splitting hairs, though.

75% is probably an exaggeration, but it's definitely frequent enough that one should never have to pay full price for Srixons.

I played the XV last year. I hadn't tried that ball for a long time, because I thought it was awful around the greens back in the day. It was certainly much improved compared to what I recalled.

I haven't played the Pro V1 since probably 2013, but I'm going back to it this year. It was either that, or the standard TP5. I played through a duzz of the TP5 at some point, and liked it. I only got through a sleeve of the new V1, but preferred it slightly. It's really splitting hairs, though.

I felt like over the course of the year, the TP5x wasn't worth the added distance. It had some weird behavior around the greens. The XV was much better but I ended up using the Z-Star and preferring it. Very nice ball for small greens.

Last year's ProV1 was a very good ball, I used it on a weekend trip and it was just great all around. The TP5 was alright, but not on the same level as the 5X, XV, or ProV.

The Snell MTB Black is nearly identical to the previous gen ProV1, for the price savings it's an amazing buy.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Even for somebody that can't afford to give up a few yards like you can, I feel the same way about gravitating back towards something that seems to offer a little more controllable around the greens. I rely on spin (probably more than I should) to control distance around the greens, and the V1 felt like it was more consistent in that regard than the XV.

And it's a nice feel on the full shots - in between the XV, which feels like a rock, and something like the chrome soft, which feels too soft even with a putter.

Only a couple rounds with it, but I really liked what I saw from the '19 V1. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure it'll be fine. I don't think it matters all that much picking between any of the premium balls, but just sticking with a single ball for an extended period of time so that you're familiar with it in all scenarios.

I'm kind of impressed that Paul Casey paid enough attention to the Pro-Am section of the event to actually know what's going on. He knew where he stood, and who won last year. As I understand it, the Pros get exactly zero benefit from their Pro-Am team doing well. I'm sure the PGA gets a gigantic benefit from Paul Casey acting like that when playing with one of the top people at FedEx.

PHIL! BOOM!

I bet nobody talks about his win here when the US Open returns in June...

picking that tournament is going to be extremely hard. the skill set required to win at pebble in the US Open and the skill set of the guys at the top of the OWGR doesn't mesh

Why do you think I haven't picked Masters Champion Danny Willet yet? Have to hold on to him for special events.

I'm kind of impressed that Paul Casey paid enough attention to the Pro-Am section of the event to actually know what's going on. He knew where he stood, and who won last year. As I understand it, the Pros get exactly zero benefit from their Pro-Am team doing well. I'm sure the PGA gets a gigantic benefit from Paul Casey acting like that when playing with one of the top people at FedEx.

Really? One of the top people at my employer?

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

Phil benefited greatly this week from being able to drive it all over the map and see absolutely no punishment from it. He was finding balls in the rough and playing them bc 1 - the rough hadnt grown up to US Open levels and 2 - the moisture in the grass was preventing the ball from bouncing further into trouble. No chance he can drive it the way he did this weekend in June and get away with it.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Phil said as much in his post-round interview. They threw the bait on how this would impact him at the US Open, and he said it would be totally different and he won't be able to hit driver so much.

It looked like he had a driving iron of some kind in the bag yesterday, maybe he was testing it out for June?

Overall I'm thrilled with Phil winning yesterday. I had zero wins in my pool all of last year so to have one already is great. A ton of people this week tried to get cute going way outside of the Top 30 and it looks like all of those picks missed the cut - which in our pool is -350,000 points.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Tell that mofo he is a gigantic sandbagger. Because that’s exactly what he is.

I read a report that Phil had the new Flash in the bag last week and he said that contributed to his poor play. He switched back to his old driver this week.

If you go to his winning WITB page they have him playing the Rogue.

There's a link in that story goes to his WITB 2019 page, which shows him bagging the Flash.

He hit 13/13 FW's on thursday. I don't know how much he used driver. But, on the weekend, he only hit 7/14 both days. You gotta figure that's not going to get it done at the Open.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Wouldn't be able to contact him, so... nah.

Well, contact your supervisor, who will then contact his supervisor, who will them contact his supervisor, etc etc until he gets the friggin' message.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I read a report that Phil had the new Flash in the bag last week and he said that contributed to his poor play. He switched back to his old driver this week.

If you go to his winning WITB page they have him playing the Rogue.

There's a link in that story goes to his WITB 2019 page, which shows him bagging the Flash.

He hit 13/13 FW's on thursday. I don't know how much he used driver. But, on the weekend, he only hit 7/14 both days. You gotta figure that's not going to get it done at the Open.

also he wasn't playing pebble thursday. he played pebble sat and sun

Well, contact your supervisor, who will then contact his supervisor, who will them contact his supervisor, etc etc until he gets the friggin' message.

At the annual FedEx Employee Meeting:

"So that raps up our initiatives for our 2019 Strategy session! Give yourselves a hand! Now, we're going to open up the mics for questions of your executives! Ask away, don't be shy! Nothing is off Limits!"

"Yeah, hi, Golfer827 here from the Frederick branch."

"Go ahead, Golfer827, valued employee!"

"Yeah my question is for Mr. Colleran. Sir, you won the Pebble Beach Pro Am this year with a score of -34 under par with Paul Casey. Paul Casey was -16 under, which means you did the majority of the work being -18 under par, on Pebble, Spyglass and Poppy Hills with temperatures in the 30's. Are you always such a huge sandbagger, and if you say no, how did you find the time to improve your golf game when you should be concentrating on your duties at FedEx? I await your response."

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

At the annual FedEx Employee Meeting:

"So that raps up our initiatives for our 2019 Strategy session! Give yourselves a hand! Now, we're going to open up the mics for questions of your executives! Ask away, don't be shy! Nothing is off Limits!"

"Yeah, hi, Golfer827 here from the Frederick branch."

"Go ahead, Golfer827, valued employee!"

"Yeah my question is for Mr. Colleran. Sir, you won the Pebble Beach Pro Am this year with a score of -34 under par with Paul Casey. Paul Casey was -16 under, which means you did the majority of the work being -18 under par, on Pebble, Spyglass and Poppy Hills with temperatures in the 30's. Are you always such a huge sandbagger, and if you say no, how did you find the time to improve your golf game when you should be concentrating on your duties at FedEx? I await your response."

"We have a Frederick Branch?"

"That's Office, I'm actually in Hagerstown. The station that's currently about to need replacement due to inbound number."

"Oh... so why are you calling me a sandbagger?"

"Idiot friends of mine in Ocean City claim it, sir."

Let's get 827 in there to represent FedEx next year. He may not be a massive sandbagger like his boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss' boss, but he has been known to make the occasional net zero.

"827, why aren't you currently climbing the mountain in Harpers Ferry?"

"Because I was sent by your bosses to play at Pebble Beach."

"Not good enough, every day missed is LWOP"

"All right."

"You also need to look for another job."

"Damn..."

*Proceeds to move to Ground or take a driving/minor maintenance job in Rockville*