2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @aiyyer said:

> Sitting at soccer practice and reading the article below. Looks like Bulle Rock, Primland, Nemacolin and Golden Horseshoe made the list for the immediate area.

> https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

>

Wife and I have had Primland on the list for a long time but it is just so da mn far - and I already live south of the DC beltway in NoVa.

Its in such an odd spot that its slightly longer to get there than to get to Pinehurst.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @SullGolf said:

> City cares so little about the OAD that he knows who his competitors have left for the rest of the year.

You wanna know what ticks me off? I'm like $30K out of the lead for Q3 and I used Leishman in the event he pulled out of basically on the first tee. So much so that I'm planning on burning everyone for the rest of this quarter to try to win it.

I'm coming for all of it.

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/wiH20OtqLsqPK/giphy.gif "")

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Gmen1204 said:

> From Discover on Google https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-used-real-data-to-determine-what-clubs-a-mid-handicap-would-hit-at-a-major-setup/amp

You know I started out reading that like, "This might be the only interesting thing I've ever read in Golf Digest".

And, indeed, it probably was and it still sucked. They talk about up and down percentages, hit green percentages from various yardages, 3-putt percentages. . .and then they don't even have the cojones to throw out a number at the end.

They even write this :

_In reality and given the rough at Bethpage Black, it might even be fairly likely that a 15-handicap would double up on Koepka’s opening round 63 at the Black as it was set up for the PGA Championship—assuming he’d even finish the round at all._

Well, what does that mean? "it's FAIRLY LIKELY(????) he'd "double up" 63?" Assuming he'd finish the round at all? What? Are people dying on the course? "Notify my next of kin." Everybody finishes.

Article again. . .

_But let’s go best-case scenario. Here’s a look at the hole-by-hole, comparing the two-time PGA Championship winner’s best shots at Bethpage with an Average Joe playing the best he can possibly play, which as we’ve discussed is highly unlikely. Short strokes: Koepka is walking up his driveway, we’re climbing Everest._

"Let's go best case scenario. . .with an Average Joe who is playing the best he can play. . .which is. . .highly unlikely".

Yeah, we know it's "highly unlikely". That's what "best-case scenario" means.

And, guess what. . .we just made those assumptions for no reason at all because we're not going to give you a number that he's going to shoot.

The entire point of the article was this : "here's a hole yardage. Here's how far you'd have in if you hit a 235 yard drive on every hole."

That magazine is such a piece of crud.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

How about this gem?

_Of course, given Bethpage Black’s infamous sign warning of its “Extremely Difficult” conditions for only “Highly Skilled Golfers,” in reality our 16-20-handicapper would be strongly discouraged from playing the course at all, but let’s allow our fantasy to play out._

Yeah, I'm sure they're batting away 16-20 handicappers left and right at the starters shack out there.

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/3oAt2dA6LxMkRrGc0g/giphy.gif "")

I still get GD and Golf magazine for free, so I am not paying a dime for that garbage. But every time I pick one of them up it makes me thankful for the money I *do* spend on the Golfers Journal.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @endlesswinterco said:

> Anyone played any of the courses around Deep Creek Lake? Work trip next week there, bringing the sticks. Let me now.

Anybody else randomly getting logged out? I had to log in this morning and by the time I made it to here, I had been logged out again. Grrrrr!!!

Anyway, I played Fantasy Valley a couple of years ago. It's not bad (it's not great either). Lots of trees and some decent elevation changes. Honestly I don't remember too many specifics about the course other than thinking the same course would cost 50% more down here and it was one of the last times I broke 90.

I had originally wanted to play Lodestone but my brother-in-law who rarely plays wanted to play and Lodestone looked a little tougher (and it was much more expensive) than Fantasy Valley. Lodestone is near the whitewater park too. It wasn't open when we were there but it looked really cool.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

(Heavy Breathing)

"Say, I think this weekend's the one baby." says Johnny T.

"Oh yeah, watcha gonna do?" says JohnnyT's roommate.

"You know, we've know each other a long time, and I think its time we made our relationship, you know, _special_.

"Oh, what ya got it mind?"

"Thought I'd take you on a litte trip to a ...magical place I know."

"Do tell."

"Well baby, I think I'm going to take you to....Fantasy Valley."

"Ohhhh, and where would that be?"

"I've got to get over those big hills..."

"Yeah?"

"And over the peaks."

"ohhhhhhhhhh...."

"And then I've got to get down, WAY DOWN, in that valley."

(breathless) "And, what are you going to do, when you get...down there."

"You know what I'm going to do when I get to Fantasy Valley baby."

"Tell me."

"I'm going to Tear. It. Up."

"Take me you stud!"

"I'm going to break 90!"

"Wait, what!"

• Like 3
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @endlesswinterco said:

> Anyone played any of the courses around Deep Creek Lake? Work trip next week there, bringing the sticks. Let me now.

Ive played Lodestone 2x this Spring ... I think its one of best courses in MD

Greens punched about 3 weeks ago are healng nicely

Ive heard Fantasy Valley & Thousand Acres are in great shape but I usually stiick to Lodestone

The Gap on the way also in best shape ever

GolfNow or Supreme Golf for best deals

> @endlesswinterco said:

I thought Lodestone was an awesome course. Lots of elevation change, undulating greens, and a couple views of the lake. I would definitely recommend it. Check out TeeOff.com. If you are a first time user of the site you can get 25% off of your tee time at Lodestone.

Some pics of when I played it:

eo0mgx7216dq.jpeg

d80z642m30ep.jpeg

fbyngqznt30p.jpeg

5z6epzeh03fc.jpeg

That looks pretty awesome, Sneek, but there is simply NO LOOK on any golf course that is worse than a cart path cutting across a fairway.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> (Heavy Breathing)

> "Say, I think this weekend's the one baby." says Johnny T.

> "Oh yeah, watcha gonna do?" says JohnnyT's roommate.

> "You know, we've know each other a long time, and I think its time we made our relationship, you know, _special_.

> "Oh, what ya got it mind?"

> "Thought I'd take you on a litte trip to a ...magical place I know."

> "Do tell."

> "Well baby, I think I'm going to take you to....Fantasy Valley."

> "Ohhhh, and where would that be?"

> "I've got to get over those big hills..."

> "Yeah?"

> "And over the peaks."

> "ohhhhhhhhhh...."

> "And then I've got to get down, WAY DOWN, in that valley."

> (breathless) "And, what are you going to do, when you get...down there."

> "You know what I'm going to do when I get to Fantasy Valley baby."

> "Tell me."

> "I'm going to Tear. It. Up."

> "Take me you stud!"

> "I'm going to break 90!"

> "Wait, what!"

>

>

This made me very uncomfortable but I liked it anyway.

> @baddomes said:

> > @Ocgolfrick said:

> > (Heavy Breathing)

> > "Say, I think this weekend's the one baby." says Johnny T.

> > "Oh yeah, watcha gonna do?" says JohnnyT's roommate.

> > "You know, we've know each other a long time, and I think its time we made our relationship, you know, _special_.

> > "Oh, what ya got it mind?"

> > "Thought I'd take you on a litte trip to a ...magical place I know."

> > "Do tell."

> > "Well baby, I think I'm going to take you to....Fantasy Valley."

> > "Ohhhh, and where would that be?"

> > "I've got to get over those big hills..."

> > "Yeah?"

> > "And over the peaks."

> > "ohhhhhhhhhh...."

> > "And then I've got to get down, WAY DOWN, in that valley."

> > (breathless) "And, what are you going to do, when you get...down there."

> > "You know what I'm going to do when I get to Fantasy Valley baby."

> > "Tell me."

> > "I'm going to Tear. It. Up."

> > "Take me you stud!"

> > "I'm going to break 90!"

> > "Wait, what!"

> >

> >

>

> This made me very uncomfortable but I liked it anyway.

I printed it out and took it to the men's room.

Full length stalls with no gapping, FTW.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Lodestone is money, especially right now since it hasn't rained 100 inches. I stay over near Thousand Acres and it's a great 3500 yard 9 hole track. On the way out, usually you can get on Cumberland Country Club which is a relatively fun track.

I'm leaving this afternoon and playing Saturday, but Lodestone is the backup plan.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

> @TheCityGame said:

> That looks pretty awesome, Sneek, but there is simply NO LOOK on any golf course that is worse than a cart path cutting across a fairway.

I don't know, man. The big f****** barber's pole in the middle of the fairway gives it a strong run for its money.

• Like 1

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @Gmen1204 said:

> > From Discover on Google https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-used-real-data-to-determine-what-clubs-a-mid-handicap-would-hit-at-a-major-setup/amp

>

> You know I started out reading that like, "This might be the only interesting thing I've ever read in Golf Digest".

>

> And, indeed, it probably was and it still sucked. They talk about up and down percentages, hit green percentages from various yardages, 3-putt percentages. . .and then they don't even have the cojones to throw out a number at the end.

>

> They even write this :

>

> _In reality and given the rough at Bethpage Black, it might even be fairly likely that a 15-handicap would double up on Koepka’s opening round 63 at the Black as it was set up for the PGA Championship—assuming he’d even finish the round at all._

>

> Well, what does that mean? "it's FAIRLY LIKELY(????) he'd "double up" 63?" Assuming he'd finish the round at all? What? Are people dying on the course? "Notify my next of kin." Everybody finishes.

>

> Article again. . .

>

> _But let’s go best-case scenario. Here’s a look at the hole-by-hole, comparing the two-time PGA Championship winner’s best shots at Bethpage with an Average Joe playing the best he can possibly play, which as we’ve discussed is highly unlikely. Short strokes: Koepka is walking up his driveway, we’re climbing Everest._

>

> "Let's go best case scenario. . .with an Average Joe who is playing the best he can play. . .which is. . .highly unlikely".

>

> Yeah, we know it's "highly unlikely". That's what "best-case scenario" means.

>

> And, guess what. . .we just made those assumptions for no reason at all because we're not going to give you a number that he's going to shoot.

>

> The entire point of the article was this : "here's a hole yardage. Here's how far you'd have in if you hit a 235 yard drive on every hole."

>

> That magazine is such a piece of crud.

Have folks seen this from a few years back about the worst golfers playing TPC sawgrass.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/remembering-the-world-s-worst-avid-golfer--66-at-17-at-tpc-152346043.html

> @TheCityGame said:

> I printed it out and took it to the men's room.

>

> Full length stalls with no gapping, FTW.

>

I hope you had visions of me to enhance the experience.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

> @FAbb said:

> How about this gem?

>

> _Of course, given Bethpage Black’s infamous sign warning of its “Extremely Difficult” conditions for only “Highly Skilled Golfers,” in reality our 16-20-handicapper would be strongly discouraged from playing the course at all, but let’s allow our fantasy to play out._

>

> Yeah, I'm sure they're batting away 16-20 handicappers left and right at the starters shack out there.

>

> ![](https://media.giphy.com/media/3oAt2dA6LxMkRrGc0g/giphy.gif "")

>

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @Gmen1204 said:

> > > From Discover on Google https://www.golfdigest.com/story/we-used-real-data-to-determine-what-clubs-a-mid-handicap-would-hit-at-a-major-setup/amp

> >

> > You know I started out reading that like, "This might be the only interesting thing I've ever read in Golf Digest".

> >

> > And, indeed, it probably was and it still sucked. They talk about up and down percentages, hit green percentages from various yardages, 3-putt percentages. . .and then they don't even have the cojones to throw out a number at the end.

> >

> > They even write this :

> >

> > _In reality and given the rough at Bethpage Black, it might even be fairly likely that a 15-handicap would double up on Koepka’s opening round 63 at the Black as it was set up for the PGA Championship—assuming he’d even finish the round at all._

> >

> > Well, what does that mean? "it's FAIRLY LIKELY(????) he'd "double up" 63?" Assuming he'd finish the round at all? What? Are people dying on the course? "Notify my next of kin." Everybody finishes.

> >

> > Article again. . .

> >

> > _But let’s go best-case scenario. Here’s a look at the hole-by-hole, comparing the two-time PGA Championship winner’s best shots at Bethpage with an Average Joe playing the best he can possibly play, which as we’ve discussed is highly unlikely. Short strokes: Koepka is walking up his driveway, we’re climbing Everest._

> >

> > "Let's go best case scenario. . .with an Average Joe who is playing the best he can play. . .which is. . .highly unlikely".

> >

> > Yeah, we know it's "highly unlikely". That's what "best-case scenario" means.

> >

> > And, guess what. . .we just made those assumptions for no reason at all because we're not going to give you a number that he's going to shoot.

> >

> > The entire point of the article was this : "here's a hole yardage. Here's how far you'd have in if you hit a 235 yard drive on every hole."

> >

> > That magazine is such a piece of crud.

> Have folks seen this from a few years back about the worst golfers playing TPC sawgrass.

> https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/remembering-the-world-s-worst-avid-golfer--66-at-17-at-tpc-152346043.html

I've witnessed Sull play Bethpage black. I don't need to read anything about high handicaps playing tough courses.

Jokes aside, I've played Bethpage a number of times, my handicap varies from 12-15 and I've gotten around fine. I don't know what I'd shoot from the tips, but I'd be willing to wager a lot of money it would be under 120 if conditions are similar to what I've played in the past.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid/ G430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Phantom 5/ProV1X