2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @endlesswinterco said:

> Anyone played any of the courses around Deep Creek Lake? Work trip next week there, bringing the sticks. Let me now.

Lodestone..

Or you could just screw work and play Maryland National, Musket Ridge and Rocky Gap and eventually get to Lodestone. Great road trip.

Or start at Worthington and Whiskey

I'm a on the weird side with this. And I told my kid.

When buying a house make sure you look at flood issues. And. Make sure there aren't any big trees that can crush your house!! Both houses I've bought are tree free around the house.

The downside? I don't get a new fence.......

• Like 1

It was sunny and beautiful when I first got home from work. Then we had those greenish skies roll in and all hell broke loose for about 20 minutes or so. Looks like the worst of it was up in the Columbia area and north though.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

All those great memes are making me think about Domes.

I'm just now processing the part of your recap where you caught a wicked case of the hosel bois on the trip. If you're firing H-Rockets, you're definitely getting that swing direction too far left. If I remember correctly, that was something you worked on when you took lessons out at EPP, yes? When you and Xander inevitably hit up the EPP range this weekend for a practice sesh, maybe try getting back to some of that old work, learning to hit those path draws with partial swings.

> @Kent01putt said:

> Played a tournament over at Falls Road yesterday. The storm blew thru with a one hour delay. The course dried out very well and the last 7 holes were played. We were on the rough without any problems. SPCC closed after the storm when thru. SPCC does not dry out well.

Oh so you're the reason my golf league was canceled yesterday. Did you at least win some money? Did you guys get to hit off the grass at the range? I've never actually seen the grass area used, since for regular peons like me, we have to use the mats. Maybe for real paying customers the open up the grass.

I mowed grass this morning then headed to the range. Decided to throw the push cart in the car in case it wasn't crowded. It wasn't so I ended up walking 18 solo, a rarity for me (walking, not playing alone). A little warm but there was a nice breeze. Turns out the caddytek cooler pocket works pretty well.

This weekend I get to clean and re-stain the deck. Be jealous.

• Like 1

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I don’t post here much but wanted to give a shoutout to Links at Challedon in Mount Airy. Played there today and got around with a foursome in under four hours and the course was in great shape. It also has a very interesting mix of holes and I just had a really good time out there. So if you want To try a course you haven’t play before I really recommend it. Green fees are reasonable as well.

• Like 2

> @Mizzy45 said:

> Playing a new course today, laurel hills down in VA. Should be fun

"Down in VA"...like you're going deep in country.

One of my favorite tracks in the area. Haven't played in the last few weeks but its been in great shape this Spring.

• Like 1

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @woodpecker302 said:

> > @cydiego36 said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > @cydiego36 said:

> > > > Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

> > >

> > > As far as weekly, regular games, my guess is that those are going to be at clubs for the most part. But if you hang around here enough you will find guys playing all the time. What courses do you live/work closest to?

> >

> > Thanks for the info. I have looked into joining a club but am waiting until I get a feel for the area to decide on the right fit. Have been playing all of the Montgomery County courses, PB Dye, Worthington, BM, etc. and enjoy all of them. Great golf around here, much more interesting than flat Florida courses. I am probably closest to Falls Road but the courses along 270 are also fairly convenient.

>

> I’m at Worthington Manor every weekend if you ever want to play.

Hey all, I've been in the area for quite some time and was once a pretty decent player (3 hcp), then came marriage and kids and wasn't able to play as frequently. I didn't stop playing completely, but going from a minimum of 2 rounds a week to 15-20 a year stunk, and most of my playing buddies have either moved from the area or are in regular groups. I was also an equipment testers for better player irons for Golf Magazine for several years (2006 - 2014) in the old format (and now it's dead since Rob Sauerhaft has moved on), but those are distant memories as well. Now that my youngest is graduating HS and is headed off to college, I've spent the past couple of months refreshing my bag (definitely still and equipment junkie) and have been getting out more and would like to find some regulars to connect with. Remnants of my old game remain, and I can either shoot in the 70's or high 80's depending on which one of me wakes up that morning, but I still consider myself a decent player. My game tends to rise (or fall, lol) to my playing partners. Anyone willing to give an old guy a shot?

I live in northern Calvert County but travel the DMV. No distance is too far for a good track.

Hope to hear from someone!

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X+ - Hzrdus Yellow S 60g
Fairway Woods: Callaway Mavrik 4-wood Project X - Cobra King 5-6 wood - Onam 
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 23 deg
Irons 4-GW: PXG 0311 P Gen 2 - TT Elevate Tour Stiff
Wedges: Edel SMS 50* (V-grind), 54 & 58 (C-grind)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 - SuperStroke Tour Traxion 2.0

Putter 2: Rife 2-Bar Mallet (Circa 2008 - mint) - SuperStroke Tour Traxion 2.0

> @TinkerGolfMan said:

> Going to be making a trip out to DC in August. Anyone have access to Congo or Trump DC? Help a fellow WRXer out here? DM me.

And if you need a 4th...........I'll be selfless and offer my services :)

> @MikeN67 said:

> > @woodpecker302 said:

> > > @cydiego36 said:

> > > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > > @cydiego36 said:

> > > > > Hello I am new to the community, just moved to the Bethesda area from South Florida and looking for a weekly game. Currently 6.8 handicap. Played in a Friday morning game in South Florida with a group of about 20 guys--wondering if anything like that exists around here. Thanks.

> > > >

> > > > As far as weekly, regular games, my guess is that those are going to be at clubs for the most part. But if you hang around here enough you will find guys playing all the time. What courses do you live/work closest to?

> > >

> > > Thanks for the info. I have looked into joining a club but am waiting until I get a feel for the area to decide on the right fit. Have been playing all of the Montgomery County courses, PB Dye, Worthington, BM, etc. and enjoy all of them. Great golf around here, much more interesting than flat Florida courses. I am probably closest to Falls Road but the courses along 270 are also fairly convenient.

> >

> > I’m at Worthington Manor every weekend if you ever want to play.

>

> Hey all, I've been in the area for quite some time and was once a pretty decent player (3 hcp), then came marriage and kids and wasn't able to play as frequently. I didn't stop playing completely, but going from a minimum of 2 rounds a week to 15-20 a year stunk, and most of my playing buddies have either moved from the area or are in regular groups. I was also an equipment testers for better player irons for Golf Magazine for several years (2006 - 2014) in the old format (and now it's dead since Rob Sauerhaft has moved on), but those are distant memories as well. Now that my youngest is graduating HS and is headed off to college, I've spent the past couple of months refreshing my bag (definitely still and equipment junkie) and have been getting out more and would like to find some regulars to connect with. Remnants of my old game remain, and I can either shoot in the 70's or high 80's depending on which one of me wakes up that morning, but I still consider myself a decent player. My game tends to rise (or fall, lol) to my playing partners. Anyone willing to give an old guy a shot?

>

> I live in northern Calvert County but travel the DMV. No distance is too far for a good track.

>

> Hope to hear from someone!

Finally someone else south of MoCo and Baltimore!! I am in Southern Calvert, we’ve also got a few guys that are close to Andrews and a bunch of members at Woodmore.

• Like 1

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

>

> Finally someone else south of MoCo and Baltimore!! I am in Southern Calvert, we’ve also got a few guys that are close to Andrews and a bunch of members at Woodmore.

dagoose383 - Nice! Would love to connect one of these days. If you ever have an opening give me a shout. I'm always up for a round. For now, weekends are pretty flexible (aside from Jun 7, 8, 9 - my daughter's HS graduation).

Teeing it up anywhere this holiday weekend?

> Finally someone else south of MoCo and Baltimore!! I am in Southern Calvert, we’ve also got a few guys that are close to Andrews and a bunch of members at Woodmore.

Also - not sure where you regularly play, but my most recent rounds have been at Raspberry Falls, Stonewall, Lake Presidential, Swan Point, Blue Mash & Worthington. Nearly played Bulle Rock last week but my buddy bailed at the last minute. I was a member @ Breton Bay for several years and at a course on the Eastern shore that has since closed, Upland Golf Links in Denton. What a shame it's gone. Was a well-maintained and fun track. My group had the 1st tee time every Sunday there for years - and it was a 1 hr 45 min drive from home. That should tell you something about my level of crazy for a decent track. I have a buddy I play with on occasion, but he's hit and miss, and a group I can join any given weekend, but they're regular rotation of courses is meh. Not so interested in Wicomico Shores or Oak Creek. Mostly go it alone and have met some nice folks along the way, but finding guys who are decent players I'd tee it up with on the regular is tough.

> @"NNY Lefty" said:

> I don’t post here much but wanted to give a shoutout to Links at Challedon in Mount Airy. Played there today and got around with a foursome in under four hours and the course was in great shape. It also has a very interesting mix of holes and I just had a really good time out there. So if you want To try a course you haven’t play before I really recommend it. Green fees are reasonable as well.

Very true. I play here a lot, and it’s in 1000 times better condition that last year. It’s like they discovered the existence of grass seed and fertilizer. Please go on weekends, however, when I’m rarely there.

• Like 1

So I really liked Laurel Hills. Great condition with tough greens. A long course that has many holes that require precise shots from the Tee. Very much felt like target golf, if you were off just a little, you were punished by thick rough or OB. Played really well for never seeing the course before. Rough front with a 48 but a better back 9 with a 42 for a 90. Will definitely be playing that track again. Hated the 57 mile drive from Frederick though, but was worth it.

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @Mizzy45 said:

> > Playing a new course today, laurel hills down in VA. Should be fun

>

> "Down in VA"...like you're going deep in country.

>

> One of my favorite tracks in the area. Haven't played in the last few weeks but its been in great shape this Spring.

• Like 1

golf channel will cover the NCAA men's championship monday through wednesday. i always enjoy that each year.

no USGA fourball coverage on FS1 this year. Got decent local representation. Two guys from Hobbits Glen, Manor, Columbia, a BCC/Hobbits team, and Columbia/out of towner qualified. they may stream some. if they stream some i may pull it up