MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I didn't watch any of the game, but I just went to ESPN to read a recap and just started cracking up when I saw this. . .

bxqizptrrk1o.jpg

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So, I don't really follow baseball, so I have NO IDEA who Rendon is, but that pitch he hit out in the 8th. . .I don't think there's a pitcher in the league that wouldn't throw that pitch to him and feel good about it.

Is Rendon a guy like Vlad Guerrero? Does he swing at everything? Does he regular golf homers?

But Kershaw really teed one up for Soto right after that. Ugh. His post game interview was tragic.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Anyone looking for a good fantasy/horror read I highly recommend Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. Not finished yet, but stayed up late reading as I couldn't put it down till I forced myself. So far, imagine Harry Potter as a more adult version, and the setting of all places is....Yale.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

The pitch that Rendon hit was a pretty good pitch. It was a slider, down. It didn't have the usual bite that Kershaw's slider has, but it wasn't grooved. The one Soto hit was like tee ball.

I feel a little for Kershaw. He's been one of if not the best pitcher in the National League for the past decade, but struggles in the post season. I'm glad he struggled again last night!

I root for the Nats, but it's come to pass that they are now playing the Cards in the playoffs. No more rooting for the Nats until next year.

Kershaw is haunted. There's no other explanation. The Cards have been the benefit of it multiple times in the playoffs, so I can't complain, but I do feel for him a bit. The pic City posted could have been from multiple different years now. Definitely one of the best of his generation and he's going to get remembered for his poor playoff performances.

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> Anyone looking for a good fantasy/horror read I highly recommend Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. Not finished yet, but stayed up late reading as I couldn't put it down till I forced myself. So far, imagine Harry Potter as a more adult version, and the setting of all places is....Yale.

Book Talk Thursday :

I just finished a comic called "Joker" from 2008. Joker gets out of Arkham and just kind of runs into all his old acquaintances and wreaks havoc for a few days. The guy who wrote it wrote another comic called "100 Bullets" in which there's this guy who basically meets people who have been wronged and allows them to take revenge on their wrong-doers without fear of repercussions.

For word books, I've been reading "The Ruin of Kings" slowly. I'm not totally into it, but it keeps hooking me every time I'm ready to put it down. Next is Circe, which is supposed to be great.

I also just got Shea Serrano's latest book, 'Movies and Other Things". He writes very funny about movies.

[This is an excerpt from his book about putting together the best Heist crew (leader, driver, guy who is going to get killed, etc) if you could pick from any heist movie. ](https://heists.theringer.com/?_ga=2.209884188.885940752.1570710118-1775088729.1563809911 "This is an excerpt from his book about putting together the best Heist crew (leader, driver, guy who is going to get killed, etc) if you could pick from any heist movie. ")

His books are great bathroom books. One good poo = One chapter.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Book Talk Thursday:

Finished The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin yesterday. Super good sort of dystopian fantasy book, second in The Broken Earth trilogy. Definitely not a feel good book, but the writing and world building is incredible. Highly recommend. Better, in my opinion, than The Murderbot Diaries. In case anyone was wondering.

I haven't read Circe yet, but it's on my short list. I finished The Song of Achilles earlier in the year, also by Madeline Miller, and it was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @siegel159 said:

> Book Talk Thursday:

>

> Finished The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin yesterday. Super good sort of dystopian fantasy book, second in The Broken Earth trilogy. Definitely not a feel good book, but the writing and world building is incredible. Highly recommend. Better, in my opinion, than The Murderbot Diaries. In case anyone was wondering.

>

> I haven't read Circe yet, but it's on my short list. I finished The Song of Achilles earlier in the year, also by Madeline Miller, and it was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Big fan of the Broken Earth trilogy. Wife even read that. She doesn't read much fantasy. Rick didn't dig the first book as much as the other two, but the first one is my favorite.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Sterling_247 said:

> This looks like it's going to be awesome.

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sheep-ranch-bandon-dunes-highly-anticipated-fifth-18-hole-course-will-open-in-june-and-the-photos-are-spectacular

The Sheep Ranch could make Bandon, no exaggeration, THE BEST one stop shop golf destination on the planet. Shoot, it might already hold that title without the Sheep Ranch.

Where else can you stay in one place, not need a car for the duration of your stay, and have 5 world-class golf courses at your disposal? There's certainly nothing that can compete with it in the US. I don't get the impression that the full slate of courses at St Andrews are all knockouts.

> @SullGolf said:

> I've been reading the Dark Tower series the last few months. I'm in the last half of the last book and it feels like I'm only reading it out of momentum. At one point Stephen King decided to write himself in as a character, which is odd to read.

The best thing I can tell you is to stop reading right now. It only gets worse. The book series would be better off unfinished a la Game of Thrones than to have the disaster of the last two books in the series. I was never angrier after finishing a series of books than the Dark Tower.

Suck it, Ceejay.

Eh, I dont care how good Sheep Ranch ends up being - and I say this having two tee times there next year - but I dont think there is any way it ends up being a better *overall destination* than St Andrews. Unless the one metric you use is "number of courses onsite where I dont need a car", then OK. Maybe. But even then at Bandon you need to take a shuttle or drive your car; I was told to alot 10-15 minutes to get to SR.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > Book Talk Thursday:

> >

> > Finished The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin yesterday. Super good sort of dystopian fantasy book, second in The Broken Earth trilogy. Definitely not a feel good book, but the writing and world building is incredible. Highly recommend. Better, in my opinion, than The Murderbot Diaries. In case anyone was wondering.

> >

> > I haven't read Circe yet, but it's on my short list. I finished The Song of Achilles earlier in the year, also by Madeline Miller, and it was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

>

> Big fan of the Broken Earth trilogy. Wife even read that. She doesn't read much fantasy. Rick didn't dig the first book as much as the other two, but the first one is my favorite.

I definitely enjoyed the second more than the first. I might move onto the third one sometime soon, but there's other books I want to get through first. Like Circe, or Holy Sister (third book in a trilogy about assassin nuns), or the 5th Lightbringer book when it comes out later this month, or one of the random history books I have that I haven't listened to. The Fall of Carthage I think is next on my "educate yourself" list. I tried listening to SQPR: A History of Ancient Rome, and I got through two chapters before I decided I'd rather be listening to anything else.

On that note, if anyone is interested in an awesome fantasy series, Lightbringer by Brent Weeks is phenomenal. It's easily one of my favorite series of all time.

Wasn't a big fan of the Dark Tower series. Or at least, I vaguely remember not loving it when I read it years ago.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @FAbb said:

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > This looks like it's going to be awesome.

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sheep-ranch-bandon-dunes-highly-anticipated-fifth-18-hole-course-will-open-in-june-and-the-photos-are-spectacular

>

> The Sheep Ranch could make Bandon, no exaggeration, THE BEST one stop shop golf destination on the planet. Shoot, it might already hold that title without the Sheep Ranch.

>

> Where else can you stay in one place, not need a car for the duration of your stay, and have 5 world-class golf courses at your disposal? There's certainly nothing that can compete with it in the US. I don't get the impression that the full slate of courses at St Andrews are all knockouts.

Yea but falconry though

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

> @siegel159 said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @siegel159 said:

> > > Book Talk Thursday:

> > >

> > > Finished The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin yesterday. Super good sort of dystopian fantasy book, second in The Broken Earth trilogy. Definitely not a feel good book, but the writing and world building is incredible. Highly recommend. Better, in my opinion, than The Murderbot Diaries. In case anyone was wondering.

> > >

> > > I haven't read Circe yet, but it's on my short list. I finished The Song of Achilles earlier in the year, also by Madeline Miller, and it was way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

> >

> > Big fan of the Broken Earth trilogy. Wife even read that. She doesn't read much fantasy. Rick didn't dig the first book as much as the other two, but the first one is my favorite.

>

> I definitely enjoyed the second more than the first. I might move onto the third one sometime soon, but there's other books I want to get through first. Like Circe, or Holy Sister (third book in a trilogy about assassin nuns), or the 5th Lightbringer book when it comes out later this month, or one of the random history books I have that I haven't listened to. The Fall of Carthage I think is next on my "educate yourself" list. I tried listening to SQPR: A History of Ancient Rome, and I got through two chapters before I decided I'd rather be listening to anything else.

>

Listen to Dan Carlin hardcore history podcast. (not free, but worth the $10).

[Death Throes of the Republic](https://www.dancarlin.com/product/hardcore-history-death-throes-of-the-republic-series/ "Death Throes of the Republic")

I think goosehook has listened to him. he does history very well. He has some things for free in his "hardcore history" podcast if you want to get a taste for what he's all about before you purchase that.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @FAbb said:

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > This looks like it's going to be awesome.

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sheep-ranch-bandon-dunes-highly-anticipated-fifth-18-hole-course-will-open-in-june-and-the-photos-are-spectacular

>

> The Sheep Ranch could make Bandon, no exaggeration, THE BEST one stop shop golf destination on the planet. Shoot, it might already hold that title without the Sheep Ranch.

>

> Where else can you stay in one place, not need a car for the duration of your stay, and have 5 world-class golf courses at your disposal? There's certainly nothing that can compete with it in the US. I don't get the impression that the full slate of courses at St Andrews are all knockouts.

The sheep ranch existed when I was there. It was more like, "ask your caddie, or ask around and you can maybe get there". I never did and i sort of regret that. It would be cool to have played it in its raw form, but the fact of the matter is that I was so busy at the resort that there just wasn't time to fit it in.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I still don't understand falconry as a thing in the US. Are they trying to attract money from some sheikhs?

If I was a West Coast guy, I'd say Bandon would be my destination over St Andrews or others. As an East Coast guy, the opposite. On the East Coast, Cabot Cliffs seems like a sweet destination as well, though it's not really that much shorter to get to than Bandon.

While we're on the topic of golf trips that get me hyped but that I'll never go on, the NLU Ireland trip had me hyped up to go there.

> @SullGolf said:

> I still don't understand falconry as a thing in the US. Are they trying to attract money from some sheikhs?

>

This year in OCNJ, they brought in trained falcons to scare off the seagulls on the boardwalk.

They were trained not to kill them.

I ASSUME that every beach town thiinks their seagulls are the most aggressive seagulls, but the seagulls in OCNJ really are insane.

The falcons probably come out of the junior falconry program at places like the Greenbrier. So there, Sully.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > I still don't understand falconry as a thing in the US. Are they trying to attract money from some sheikhs?

> >

> This year in OCNJ, they brought in trained falcons to scare off the seagulls on the boardwalk.

>

> They were trained not to kill them.

>

> I ASSUME that every beach town thiinks their seagulls are the most aggressive seagulls, but the seagulls in OCNJ really are insane.

>

> The falcons probably come out of the junior falconry program at places like the Greenbrier. So there, Sully.

>

>

Endless can speak to this even more readily than me, but the most aggressive seagulls in OCMD are the ones by Thrasher's French Fries on the boardwalk. They feed on all the fries that people drop, but have been known to actually take them out of their tubs if people get to far away, like leaving a tub of fried unattended on a bench while they get a drink or watch their kids.

Suck it, Ceejay.

> @FAbb said:

> The birds in the trees by the 9th (used to be 18th) green at Northwest are the most aggressive birds I've ever encountered. I've had them go into my unattended golf cart, pull a bag of trail mix out of the compartment, RIP THE BAG OPEN, and go to town.

Those birds really are NOTORIOUS. They've stolen protein bars out of my cart before.

• Like 1

> > > @siegel159 said:

> On that note, if anyone is interested in an awesome fantasy series, Lightbringer by Brent Weeks is phenomenal. It's easily one of my favorite series of all time.

>

> Wasn't a big fan of the Dark Tower series. Or at least, I vaguely remember not loving it when I read it years ago.

Couldn't agree more with both statements. I only made it halfway through the first Dark Tower book

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @SullGolf said:

> > > I still don't understand falconry as a thing in the US. Are they trying to attract money from some sheikhs?

> > >

> > This year in OCNJ, they brought in trained falcons to scare off the seagulls on the boardwalk.

> >

> > They were trained not to kill them.

> >

> > I ASSUME that every beach town thiinks their seagulls are the most aggressive seagulls, but the seagulls in OCNJ really are insane.

> >

> > The falcons probably come out of the junior falconry program at places like the Greenbrier. So there, Sully.

> >

> >

>

> Endless can speak to this even more readily than me, but the most aggressive seagulls in OCMD are the ones by Thrasher's French Fries on the boardwalk. They feed on all the fries that people drop, but have been known to actually take them out of their tubs if people get to far away, like leaving a tub of fried unattended on a bench while they get a drink or watch their kids.

[This article.](https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/15/nyregion/ocean-city-nj-seagulls.html "This article.") basically talks about birds working in teams to separate people from their food. They took a guy's whole pizza once.

I found the hero we deserve in the comment section. . .

o4bi82mzmmp2.jpg

"punched it out of the sky"

• Like 2

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Sterling_247 said:

> Can anybody shoot me a rough estimate on a Bandon trip w/ the number of rounds played?

Absolutely depends on the time of year you go. Greens fees in December/January are ~1/4 the cost of July/August.

Room rates are similarly priced.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @Sterling_247 said:

> Can anybody shoot me a rough estimate on a Bandon trip w/ the number of rounds played?

It really depends on when you go.

I went the first week of the October shoulder season, last year. The cost is barely different from peak season. I'd be shocked if you added everything up, and it was less than $4000. That was 4 nights, 5 rounds on the main courses, and one round on The Preserve.

• Like 1

October next year, 5 nights, 8 rounds...Fabb is about right. Its probably right around $1,000/night for a single room, two rounds, caddie fee, taxes and food.

I will say this - book early. I called 16 months out and the Lodge rooms were all sold out and tee times were already getting tough to find.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*