MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

The best thing I watched this weekend was a comedy special on HBO from Sergio Torres called "My Favorite Shapes".

He's a writer for SNL. It was very funny, and original; he's basically a "prop comic" but from a different universe.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> Yuuuuge scramble at Turf Valley today. Looking forward to wasting away 6.5 hours trying to pull off miracle shots. Will I see city working on his putting as the sun is going down like previous years?

I was planning on going out, but if the course is basically closed, maybe not.

Have fun.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @FAbb said:

> > I'm looking forward to TheCityReview of emerald links.

>

> I'd prefer to see the Rosen's review of TheCityGame.

I liked it. It's a course built on top of an old garbage dumb and consequently has like the highest point in Egg Harbor Township.

You walk up onto the garbage dump for hole 1. You play through hole 7, then the 8th tee shot comes back down near a "lake" near the club house. 9 is a par 3. You walk back up the garbage dump for hole 10. 15 and 16 are across a road and go through some trees. 15 is a hard dog leg right that is about 260 to drive the green if you bomb it over the corner. 16 is a par 3. 17 comes back towards the edge of the garbage dumb, and then 18 comes back down like 8 did.

There wasn't a tree up on the flat where all the main holes are.

The greens were the highlight of the course. Several big swales and bowls and ridges. There was a legit biarritz. There was a downhill 205 yard par 3 modeled after the 13th at Gleneagles that was a challenging looking shot. It was down wind and I hit a 5 iron past the pin.

This is the 10th. Modeled after the 14th at Royal Dornoch. I looked at pics for Dornoch 14. It seems similar, the green is built up in the front, runs away a bit to the right, and the whole right side of the hole is guarded by mounds. This was a 466 yard par 4. My drive wound up in a divot about 215 out and the Rosens were like, "Oh, move it. you shouldn't have to hit a ball out of a divot in the fairway.". I hit a 4 iron to 15 feet.

lclw6hjprtsz.jpg

This is the 12th.

1li4td2ju0ge.jpg

This is the 16th. The green is out to the right. That's the Rosens down in the valley. He was scouting the green for me. I missed the green, chipped to 12 feet and missed it. The line is over the tall tree 10 yards in from the corner. I tried to hit a fade off that tree, and it drew a couple yards. I was in front of the green.

fhcs5mjf0ocu.jpg

This is the 18th green. The 8th fairway is in the distance, with the green to the left. The hill you come down is up to the right.

vdlebqt4r4x0.jpg

I heard the bar was nice. It was pretty good, except there were tons of people there and only one girl.

5wt7f3hhilfn.png

The Rosens didn't hit the ball very far, but they made good contact, and they attacked the pin. Usually, you get some bogey golfers where EVERY SINGLE SHOT into the green is short. Not these two. They were going after it. They got their putts to the hole. The hit good chips.

I saw lady Rosen hit a chip early on and I was like, "You set up like me. Nice open stance."

She goes, "me and my friends all took a Dave Pelz when we started playing." Nice.

One of those weird things : at one point, he tells her, "oh that putt is good" and she putted it in and he goes, "if someone gives you a putt, you can't putt it." Where do people get this stuff? They weren't even playing for anything, and even if they were, who cares.

A look at a few holes, including the crazy 7th where I hit a bomb. The blues were way back. You can see the line on 16. You can see all that "links style" bunkering on hole 6.

oibh5hy3xb9s.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I recently got the Planemate training aid. It's the new hotness over on the Instruction forum (which you only visit when you're desperate or bored). I haven't had a chance to get to the range and hit balls, but I've taken a lot of CSPCs with it. My takeaway seems noticeably better so far. Should have a chance to get out there this afternoon and see some balls flying.

• Like 1

Played with Aiyyer, CJ, and Domes on Saturday at EPP. Course was in really good shape with the exception of some crazy flooding on the par 4 #5. I didn't take any pictures, but I think Domes did, so maybe he'll throw them up later.

Fun times. Aiyyer sunk some awesome putts on the front 9, but some wayward tee shots stopped him from posting a low score. Domes was pretty consistent the entire time, and didn't hit any particularly bad shots. Except for his approach on #18 which somehow wound up almost pin high on the wrong side of the right side trees. I don't think I've ever seen him anywhere close to that spot in the 5 years we've been playing EPP. And CJ struck the ball better than I've ever seen. Hit a lot of really nice tee shots, and some approaches that were nuts. A lot of his shots sounded super pure.

I played pretty well with the exception of a couple holes. Started with a chip in birdie on the first, which is just about the opposite of how I normally start a round. But it evened out, because the rest of the front 9 went really poorly whenever I had a wedge in my hands.

Back 9 was a bit better. Lipped out a birdie putt on #10, birdied #11, birdied #12, lipped out a birdie putt on #13, then lipped out my par putt too. I felt pretty weird getting back to back birdies, so on the #13 tee box I asked CJ and Domes to say rude things so I could bring myself back down from the birdie high. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have just duffed my tee shot. But after that bogey, it sort of fell apart. Par on #14, and managed to hit my 9i tee shot 65 yards right on the par 3 #15 which led to another bogey. Accidentally nailed my drive into the junk on #16, which led to another bogey, and then a 3 putt on 18 to finish it out. But whatever. Struck the ball well, and really nailed my irons. One of the little drills I've been doing I think has caused some increased distance on my irons, and it showed. Basically taking a practice swing with a wall against your left shoulder, then on your downswing trying to get the butt of the club, like the very end of it, to hit the wall. Been doing that, and I feel like I'm making better contact and staying more balanced. And just generally smashing it.

All in all, the day was good fun.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @2moreTerps said:

> anybody watch golf yesterday? i loved the winner's honesty after the end. he hit a ball about 40 yards right of the fairway. there's water left. "that shot was pretty much center fairway for me. i'm good from the rough and if i make bogey there i have a job for next year"

We were travelling for a lot of it yesterday, but I saw the 18th hole.

Saw this in Golfworld today. .. **When your hippy parents name you after a spiritual master—and not just any master, but Lord Lanto, an “ascended master,” a Chohan of the Second Ray of Illumination, or less formally, the Lord of Light—you sure as hell better figure out how to be all masterly in your given pursuit before your own ascension into the fifth or sixth dimension or some other spiritual destination.**

I think the author meant "hippie".

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @SullGolf said:

> I recently got the Planemate training aid. It's the new hotness over on the Instruction forum (which you only visit when you're desperate or bored). I haven't had a chance to get to the range and hit balls, but I've taken a lot of CSPCs with it. My takeaway seems noticeably better so far. Should have a chance to get out there this afternoon and see some balls flying.

Hit some balls. It was good. It's hard to tell distances well at Falls Road because of the way the range is shaped, but seemed to be hitting everything pretty straight and solid. Anyone giving me strokes on Sunday is going to have their work cut out for them.

Falls Road is screwing with my head a bit. At one point in the last several years they switched to shorter flight balls. At least I think so. There's a spot that I have memories of hitting 5-iron to, and I can barely get it there with 4 iron now (stronger lofted than my old set of irons too, so probably 2 clubs different). I'm pretty sure it's the balls, but can't get it out of my head.

• Like 1

> @siegel159 said:

> Played with Aiyyer, CJ, and Domes on Saturday at EPP. Course was in really good shape with the exception of some crazy flooding on the par 4 #5. I didn't take any pictures, but I think Domes did, so maybe he'll throw them up later.

>

Yeah I took a picture. Here's a picture of you on the par 3 #15th having to wait patiently for the guys on #4 to tee off so you could go hit your ball that you shanked 70 yards right.

See if you can even find siegel in this picture. cx7ye3vzp1ng.jpg

Nats just pouring it on. Currently 7-0. Stras unhittable once again. This game gets them to 3-0. Barring something unreal this team is going to the World Series.

Admittedly, I'm a fan, but not the biggest baseball fan... This team has made me a bigger one. Dancing in the dugout. Unreal starting pitching. Raw emotion. Being down, never out. Go 1-0 today. Stay in the fight. Baby Shark. Lucking into dugout seats. Crazy sheeeeet.

This is just awesome to watch.

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @eagle1997 said:

> Nats just pouring it on. Currently 7-0. Stras unhittable once again. This game gets them to 3-0. Barring something unreal this team is going to the World Series.

>

> Admittedly, I'm a fan, but not the biggest baseball fan... This team has made me a bigger one. Dancing in the dugout. Unreal starting pitching. Raw emotion. Being down, never out. Go 1-0 today. Stay in the fight. Baby Shark. Lucking into dugout seats. Crazy sheeeeet.

>

> This is just awesome to watch.

So winning makes you a bigger fan.. weird ?

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @baddomes said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > Played with Aiyyer, CJ, and Domes on Saturday at EPP. Course was in really good shape with the exception of some crazy flooding on the par 4 #5. I didn't take any pictures, but I think Domes did, so maybe he'll throw them up later.

> >

>

> Yeah I took a picture. Here's a picture of you on the par 3 #15th having to wait patiently for the guys on #4 to tee off so you could go hit your ball that you shanked 70 yards right.

>

>

> See if you can even find siegel in this picture. )

>

>

What's more impressive, my tee shot on #15 or your approach on #18? A+ golf games were showcased on Saturday.

Side note, my favorite shot of the day was probably CJ's approach on #17. That was fun to watch.

Double side note, I'm pretty sure I've seen Hoop in almost the same place I was on #15, an his game has been compared pretty favorably to Phil's and DJ's, so I don't feel too bad.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

I"m a huge fan of the Washington Nationals major league baseball squad. What a lovable ragtag bunch of misfits. Rendon. Soto. They're unstoppable, unless they fall victim to nine separate misfortunes. But that will never happen. Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunes, there's an outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I will do a step by step later but the following entries can be added into the AdBlock browser plugin to take the blank ad posts out of the threads. I was able to get it to work in Chrome last night.

I dont have Adblock at work so I'll have to walk through it at home to write up a step by step. But once you open up AdBlock, IIRC there's an advanced tab and all the way at the bottom you can just copy/past each entry in.

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad1

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad2

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad3

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad4

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad5

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad6

forums.golfwrx.com###Comment_ad7

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @SullGolf said:

> I recently got the Planemate training aid. It's the new hotness over on the Instruction forum (which you only visit when you're desperate or bored). I haven't had a chance to get to the range and hit balls, but I've taken a lot of CSPCs with it. My takeaway seems noticeably better so far. Should have a chance to get out there this afternoon and see some balls flying.

I feel like right now this is the new KSIG site hotness. People are spending $500 on these things on ebay. Fantastic.

Got a couple good days of practice in this weekend, have a match setup for tonight. Will be my first meaningful time out in a while now so I am ready to get some real golf in.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

"The Korn Ferry Tour announces the premier of the "Live and Work in Maine" Open in 2020"

Turns out, NOT a City-troll post!

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Powerwashed the house and shed on my day off yesterday. Leave for Wilmington NC (Oak Island) early (4:30am) tomorrow morning for 5 days of golf. Going to be a hoot! Oak Island, Bald Head Island, Lockwood Folly, Carolina National, and Magnolia Greens in that order. Probably get home around 11pm Sunday night.

Great weekend of golf.

Saturday played a unicorn round at EPP with ceejay, siegel, and aiiyer. Weather is aces. 740am tee time, check in with the starter at 730..."You guys can go. We're running early."

![](https://media0.giphy.com/media/a6YHwnkn0ctOM/giphy.gif "")

We get to the first green, it's been cut and is in the best shape I've ever seen a green in at EPP.

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiIzMvevaoCXJk7HG/giphy.gif "")

We waited on zero shots on the front nine and played in 1:45

![](https://media0.giphy.com/media/TaFTuXWTJf2iA/source.gif "")

We finished in 3:30, as a foursome, at EPP, on a Saturday morning, in great weather, at 7:40am.

![](https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MixedWhiteArcticfox-size_restricted.gif "")

Sunday Laurel Hill with xhoop. Dodged the rain (rain what's rain?)

Yesterday Worthington Manor with ceejay and davechen. sick golf weekend.

I assume that water is from the "tidal flooding" that's been all over the place.

We were in OCNJ this weekend and when we drove into town, we were driving the minivan through several inches of standing water in places. We had called in an order to get a pizza and we had to park in the Wawa next door to go get the pie. I've never seen the tides that high as they were this weekend. It looked like boats were almost in back yards. People docks looked all mess up, with the walkways at funny angles.

The surf was nuts, too. There were no posers out there.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> I assume that water is from the "tidal flooding" that's been all over the place.

>

> We were in OCNJ this weekend and when we drove into town, we were driving the minivan through several inches of standing water in places. We had called in an order to get a pizza and we had to park in the Wawa next door to go get the pie. I've never seen the tides that high as they were this weekend. It looked like boats were almost in back yards. People docks looked all mess up, with the walkways at funny angles.

>

> The surf was nuts, too. There were no posers out there.

Its one reason I wonder how much $$$ they are really going to put into EPP.

Whoever comes in and re-architects the place isnt going to be able to change the geography of the land.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

The guy said it was coastal flooding, but the road around hains point wasn't closed, and I've seen the water WAY higher on the edges of the river than that. There wasn't water coming in from the river to flood the golf course. It was coming up from underneath. It made no sense.

If the flooding really was because it rained in Boston last week, then they should absolutely not do anything to close/redesign that golf course. I don't know how you solve that problem without raising the elevation of the entire EPP island by 5 feet.

• Like 1

> @baddomes said:

> The guy said it was coastal flooding, but the road around hains point wasn't closed, and I've seen the water WAY higher on the edges of the river than that. There wasn't water coming in from the river to flood the golf course. It was coming up from underneath. It made no sense.

>

> If the flooding really was because it rained in Boston last week, then they should absolutely not do anything to close/redesign that golf course. I don't know how you solve that problem without raising the elevation of the entire EPP island by 5 feet.

I've still never been there but in OC, it was coming back up through the drains. I've seen it get like that when there's a downpour and it takes a while to drain, but I've never seen it when it was just the tides.

If we do get sea level rise, that island is going to have some reckoning to do. There's supposedly some plan in place and they're doing a lot of construction, but there are greater forces at work.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green