MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @dagoose383 said:

> > Figures I enter the Masters ticket lottery every year with no luck and I enter the Ryder Cup lottery one year and get selected. (Must be lower standards)

> >

> > If any hivers want to go to the Ryder Cup in 2020 hit me up. Tix on sale 10/14

>

> I got the same email. We are planning to go to Rome in 2022 when the Ryder Cup is there, so this is a good sign that tickets will be attainable in 2 years.

Same and same.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @Von_Oberhausen said:

> Yeah, doctor was an orthopedist for sure. He's the second one I've been to--other one was an old guy that completely whiffed on all of this.

>

> I agree that non-surgical usually seems like a better idea, but I've rested it for weeks at a time in the past year and it doesn't really get better (hence I've only played something like 15 rounds of golf this year). If I can get it fixed, I'd rather do that sooner than later.

>

> So I'd lean towards the cast and ultrasound option, but want to make sure that nothing will be weird about having a bone spur kind of solidify in place there. Could have range of motion issues that will affect more than just golf. Good thing it's a left wrist injury--certainly couldn't abide anything interfering with the right wrist...

If you've already rested it for weeks at a time and it's been going on a while, that sort of nullifies some of my approaches.

I think I had a broken toe for most of this year and it kept hurting and getting better then getting hurt again, but I think it finally patched itself back together. That was like7-8 months or so.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @SullGolf said:

> Whistling Straits would make for a good Ryder Cup if you could attach a golf trip to it. I know a few folks here have played up there and loved it.

>

> Rome 2022 does sound pretty darn appealing though from a spectator standpoint. I need to just follow CJ around and steal all his good ideas. I would love to see them play Bethpage in 2024, but the obnoxiousness of the fans is going to be way above my enjoyment level.

>

> Ober, no comment on your decision. Sounds like you've got it well under control.

I don't know. NLU touched on this in their latest pod, but I'm not convinced it is a set up for a good fan experience. Given the number of people they are going to squeeze out there (did anybody NOT win the ticket lottery), the lake taking away one side of the golf course and the dunes/bunkers/fescue, where are you going to put all these people?

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

> @thechief16 said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > Whistling Straits would make for a good Ryder Cup if you could attach a golf trip to it. I know a few folks here have played up there and loved it.

> >

> > Rome 2022 does sound pretty darn appealing though from a spectator standpoint. I need to just follow CJ around and steal all his good ideas. I would love to see them play Bethpage in 2024, but the obnoxiousness of the fans is going to be way above my enjoyment level.

> >

> > Ober, no comment on your decision. Sounds like you've got it well under control.

>

> I don't know. NLU touched on this in their latest pod, but I'm not convinced it is a set up for a good fan experience. Given the number of people they are going to squeeze out there (did anybody NOT win the ticket lottery), the lake taking away one side of the golf course and the dunes/bunkers/fescue, where are you going to put all these people?

Yeah it honestly seems like not that great a course for spectators to be honest - especially if they are going to pack people in there as much as possible.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

GTT:

If you could only choose 1 day at the Ryder Cup to be a spectator, no matter the tournament venue, which day would you choose? Would have to be Sunday, no? I was thinking about this last night and I'm not sure it's a slam dunk. Seeing the singles portion enables you to see the winner, but I really love seeing the team matches and how the players interact. Ultimately, I'd probably choose Sunday just to be able to see the finality of the event.

> @ceejay81 said:

> GTT:

>

> If you could only choose 1 day at the Ryder Cup to be a spectator, no matter the tournament venue, which day would you choose? Would have to be Sunday, no? I was thinking about this last night and I'm not sure it's a slam dunk. Seeing the singles portion enables you to see the winner, but I really love seeing the team matches and how the players interact. Ultimately, I'd probably choose Sunday just to be able to see the finality of the event.

Good question. If Ryder cup, I'd rather watch the team matches, and even more, I think I'd like to be there at the start. The crowd at the start of the ryder cup always seems absolutely insane and that seems like it might be the best time to be at the location. So Friday would be my choice and plan to watch the sat./sun. matches on TV after I've played 18 :)

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

First day because everyone 100% ready to go.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @Von_Oberhausen said:

> Yeah, doctor was an orthopedist for sure. He's the second one I've been to--other one was an old guy that completely whiffed on all of this.

>

> I agree that non-surgical usually seems like a better idea, but I've rested it for weeks at a time in the past year and it doesn't really get better (hence I've only played something like 15 rounds of golf this year). If I can get it fixed, I'd rather do that sooner than later.

>

> So I'd lean towards the cast and ultrasound option, but want to make sure that nothing will be weird about having a bone spur kind of solidify in place there. Could have range of motion issues that will affect more than just golf. Good thing it's a left wrist injury--certainly couldn't abide anything interfering with the right wrist...

Ober-If you want another opinion, I’d recommend seeing Dr. Sanjay Berdia from the orthopedic center. He’s one of the best in the DC area.

http://www.theorthocentermd.com/

Anyone here wearing the Nike Tour Premieres and have any comments on how secure those laces feel and/or how they've held up long term?

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @dcmidnight said:

> Anyone here wearing the Nike Tour Premieres and have any comments on how secure those laces feel and/or how they've held up long term?

I very much enjoy the tour premieres.

The lacing is as snug as you want it to be. If you like the laces to feel tight very high up on your foot, you won't get that.

I wipe mine down after every round, and they've held up really well. The upper is some type of synthetic, which I like. Real leather uppers, especially white, get to looking like trash way too fast.

They had a major at Whistling. I don't know why Ryder would be any different. I thought it was even built with some of that in mind. . .

![](https://usatgolfweek.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/pga-championship-jason-day-straits.jpg "")

If I could go any day -- and I have no desire to go to the Ryder Cup -- it would probably be opening day.

By the last day, it seems that it could just be over, and if it's not over, you'd have a trillion people following the same two matches.

Final day is the best day to watch on TV and have a contingency plan in case it's over early.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> Everyone enjoying the GolfWRX ads embedded into the thread disguised as posts on mobile?

One thing I like about the WRX ads on mobile is that I found out that GolfWRX itself has no warning points, unlike myself.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > Everyone enjoying the GolfWRX ads embedded into the thread disguised as posts on mobile?

>

> One thing I like about the WRX ads on mobile is that I found out that GolfWRX itself has no warning points, unlike myself.

I do not have any warning points, that I am aware of, but apparently I am at "Warning Level 2." That will probably go on my permanent record somewhere eventually leaving me homeless and destitute.

> @TheCityGame said:

> They had a major at Whistling. I don't know why Ryder would be any different. I thought it was even built with some of that in mind. . .

>

> If I could go any day -- and I have no desire to go to the Ryder Cup -- it would probably be opening day.

>

> By the last day, it seems that it could just be over, and if it's not over, you'd have a trillion people following the same two matches.

>

> Final day is the best day to watch on TV and have a contingency plan in case it's over early.

This is what I thought when the US Open was at Congressional. I went with my dad on Sunday, thinking we'd see the real Sunday major action. Wrong. We ended up watching a bunch of random people from bad locations, then going back home and watching the leaders' back 9 on TV.

If you actually want to watch a golf event like that, you have to treat it like it's the Tour de France. You go early, camp out on a spot, hang out, and spent a tiny amount of time watching people go by. Then the day's watch is over. You have to make the hang the experience, not the golf.

If you actually want to watch the leaders play golf (or ride le Tour), TV is a significantly better experience.

[Henrik Stenson is dead to me. His corpse can rot in hades. ](https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/10/08/golf-clubs-equipment-henrik-stenson-changes-3-wood.html "Henrik Stenson is dead to me. His corpse can rot in hades. ")

6pv9pbyhq118.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> They had a major at Whistling. I don't know why Ryder would be any different.

The major difference is the number of players/holes going at one time. For a major you can spread the fans out over the entire property. For the first two days at a RC - at most - you're going to have.... three to four holes that are active? Like Sully mentioned, I think its hard to camp at an event like this. Its hard to convince yourself to go camp from say the....15th hole on...because you may only get one group that gets to your hole.

So if they sell as many tickets as a PGA but then they pack that many people into much smaller areas? Tough to do from memory but I'm going to guess and say half the holes on the property aren't conducive to having a significant number of fans around them. Either steep hills/slopes, hazards, water or bunkers.

I'm sure it will look good on TV though. The one thing I dont really know is how many RC tickets they sell for each day. So if its significantly less than they sell for a major, it would work.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @TheCityGame said:

> [Henrik Stenson is dead to me. His corpse can rot in hades. ](https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/10/08/golf-clubs-equipment-henrik-stenson-changes-3-wood.html "Henrik Stenson is dead to me. His corpse can rot in hades. ")

>

> 6pv9pbyhq118.jpg

>

Are we sure he didn’t just cave in the thing? Or is it now too hot because of “creep”? Dude is a Viking and swings like one. And being that Project X is the current label for Grafalloy, it looks like an updated or resprayed Blue. The color looks consistent with his old one.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Yes, Ogre, it sounds like he caved the face in. The article talks about the history of the club. I like this. ..

**“If you’re standing there on the 72nd hole and you’ve got to hit a shot to position yourself to win the tournament, you don’t want to have something you picked up two days ago,” Stenson said. “You want to have something you hit 5,000 shots with.”

While Stenson said he’s still testing fairway woods to replace his old model, he’s favoring a 13.5-degree Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, equipped with a Project X HZRDUS Yellow prototype shaft, which is similar to his familiar shaft.**

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Note to self, do not hit the Project X Hzrdus Yellow. If it’s similar to the blue, I do not want it. The Blue was a harsh mistress. Now the Blue Tour, I liked that one. Exactly opposite of what you’d expect a Tour shaft to fell like.

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

> @Ogre41 said:

> Note to self, do not hit the Project X Hzrdus Yellow. If it’s similar to the blue, I do not want it. The Blue was a harsh mistress. Now the Blue Tour, I liked that one. Exactly opposite of what you’d expect a Tour shaft to fell like.

can't speak to whatever proto stenson is playing, but the hzrdus yellow original is a counterbalanced pretty tip stiff shaft. the grafalloy blue was rebar

Speaking of shafts, I really like the XTORSION Regular 50 in the Ping G400 max. I ordered a Stiff-60 from 2nd swing that was $70, free shipping, with a Ping adapter already in it.

I've been destroying fairways with that club/shaft, but it's getting to be silly season. It's still pretty clearly spinny and a little "left biased", so we'll see if the stiff changes that at all. Either way, I'm not getting rid of the regular-50.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Where do you see warning points? Do I have any? I'm currently going through a background check...do I need to worry?

• Like 1

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Scenario: You are PGA Commissioner Jay Monahan. Your tour heads to Nine Dragons next week to play the CJ Cup in China. You are watching the NBA/Houston Rockets/ Hong Kong issue with great interest. What, if anything, do you tell staff and players if the issue is raised in media rooms?

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @TheCityGame said:

> Speaking of shafts, I really like the XTORSION Regular 50 in the Ping G400 max. I ordered a Stiff-60 from 2nd swing that was $70, free shipping, with a Ping adapter already in it.

>

> I've been destroying fairways with that club/shaft, but it's getting to be silly season. It's still pretty clearly spinny and a little "left biased", so we'll see if the stiff changes that at all. Either way, I'm not getting rid of the regular-50.

interesting that we've gone opposite ways on shafts. mark crossfield would tell us there isn't any ACTUAL difference. it's literally about which one builds confidence in us.

I happened to look at this a few weeks ago when we were talking about how the Solheim Cup would be better if it had all the SK players. I figured there wouldn't be a cross-Asia team because of these sorts of issues, but then I looked at the Presidents Cup and was proven somewhat wrong. CT Pan (Taiwan) and Haotong Li (China) are both on the team. So that will be interesting. Jay should make sure they get paired together in 4ball.