Titleist 2018 Concept Irons (pics Pg 1 & 5)

I have been trying t find a place to demo with no success. We are a bit remote here and golf season is just starting up, had snow this weekend. If anyone can offer assistance it would be appreciated. Can't seem to find much about Titleist Thursday events yet, either.

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @misterkye said:

> > Are you playing a set of c16’s?

> >

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > $3K a set try $4K a set or $4.5K including 3 iron. The face is extremely hard (not translated to a hard feel however actually soft) and shows virtually no wear. I’ve had my set since last August and hit 1,000s of range balls on gritty mats, plus 2-3 rounds a week since then.. Caught a couple of rocks in rough that made very slight mark on one club. Biggest complaint is paint is gone from a couple of the irons numbers. Even out of traps no wear on the chrome finish on the W wedge..

> >

> >

> I had a set of C16s years ago. They were quite impressive for their time and to this day are better feeling and performing than the AP3s. I presently am playing the CNCPT 02 blade style since early last August. Have tried everything that has come out since ..distance improvement irons, standard traditional blades. Nothing comes close. These come with T-MB lofts so not as strong as the original C16s. I had my set delivered 1 degree weak because they are so long. When you compare them to an “equivalent” iron with same shaft, same length, same flex, same loft they are 1.5-2 clubs longer and unlike irons like i500, P790, etc. they do not suffer the loss of spin.. From the first week I had them, until today they have been worth every cent as I haven’t bought new irons because nothing is close. Just wish the CNCPT group could produce a driver this fall, but that is an area that has probably been researched to death. As impressive as the C16 irons were for their time the C16 driver was a total dud. The 917 driver was better. Sadly I doubt much from the CNCPT irons will be useable in the 720 series just purely because of costly materials that allows them the technology improvements.

>

>

> Since every dealer now seems to have demo 7 irons in both the 01 and 02 models the consumer can now at least try them out rather than ordering them sight unseen and demo less like I did last summer.. At least now data can be produced with variety of shafts versus peoples gamers..

>

Not being sarcastic but if they are 1.5-2 times longer than other comparable irons then how many wedges do you have to carry??? If I hit my pw 155 yards then I’ll need 4 more wedges behind it. Interested to hear your set makeup. They do look good I just don’t like this distance just like with the ap3. Cheers though.

1.5-2 clubs longer not 1.5-2 times longer. I have a driver, 3 wood, but no 5 wood or hybrid as the 3 iron is longer than any hybrid at 22 degrees. My W wedge is bent to 50 degrees, so I only have 2 wedges a 54 and 58... Remember I am comparing clubs I am using.. I’m sure I am considerably older than most here, and need all the help I can get to hold onto a 3 handicap. I do play with a state champion who has hit the 7 iron from this set 218 yards repeatedly. With a stiffer shaft he has exceeded 225+ yards, so no these aren’t appropriate for + handicappers.

> @Pinging77 said:

> 1.5-2 clubs longer not 1.5-2 times longer. I have a driver, 3 wood, but no 5 wood or hybrid as the 3 iron is longer than any hybrid at 22 degrees. My W wedge is bent to 50 degrees, so I only have 2 wedges a 54 and 58... Remember I am comparing clubs I am using.. I’m sure I am considerably older than most here, and need all the help I can get to hold onto a 3 handicap. I do play with a state champion who has hit the 7 iron from this set 218 yards repeatedly. With a stiffer shaft he has exceeded 225+ yards, so no these aren’t appropriate for + handicappers.

Gotcha. I understand. I did mean 1.5 -2 clubs not times. Although a 300 yard 7 iron would be interesting. Lol. Even at 1.5-2 my pw would still be around 150 which would hurt me on bottom end but glad they are working for you. And congrats on that handicap. ?

Thanks to Chadillac for the Club Champion tip. I'm in Naples, FL for the week and was able to get in and try the Concept irons. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Modus 105 in R flex that I use in my C16. Still very impressed by the performance. I did not see the big distance gains some have enjoyed, but, still good while battling back pain from sciatica. Very easy to hit straight and launch high, which is what I need at 66 with multiple spinal issues. I can see these going in my bag when I get back home as they are more forgiving than the C16 and I didn't think it was possible.

Hit the player’s version (8i) and the GI version (3i) last week. At $500 per head, there’s no interest here, especially as a set. The gi goes too far and the player’s version wasn’t anything that warrants the price.

However, I was hitting the 3i so ridiculously far that I’m actually considering it for the "one driving iron to rule them all". It seemed like cheating.

> @FlyingLaw1 said:

> $500 a club is insane. NO Iron is worth that kind of money.

people pay thousands of dollars to watch sports in a stadium when you can watch for free at home , that’s insane

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @regiwstruk said:

> Hit the player’s version (8i) and the GI version (3i) last week. At $500 per head, there’s no interest here, especially as a set. The gi goes too far and the player’s version wasn’t anything that warrants the price.

>

> However, I was hitting the 3i so ridiculously far that I’m actually considering it for the "one driving iron to rule them all". It seemed like cheating.

They don’t make a 3i in the CP01 GI set ? might have just been the 4 iron.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

> @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > @regiwstruk said:

> > Hit the player’s version (8i) and the GI version (3i) last week. At $500 per head, there’s no interest here, especially as a set. The gi goes too far and the player’s version wasn’t anything that warrants the price.

> >

> > However, I was hitting the 3i so ridiculously far that I’m actually considering it for the "one driving iron to rule them all". It seemed like cheating.

>

> They don’t make a 3i in the CP01 GI set ? might have just been the 4 iron.

Hmmm, interesting. Maybe and I don’t recall looking at the sole. But the rep and I were talking about driving irons when he handed it to me.

Interested in the differences you are seeing vs the apex pro and p790 - I would have expected them longer for sure

plus flight differences?

thanks

> @tgg27 said:

> The CP02s have won their spot in the bag after reshafting. I am getting the same distances as my Apex Pros and P790s in a much smaller package. I also feel like I have been more accurate with the CP02s. They are expensive and I get that is not for everyone, but I am definitely enjoying them.

I have been doing some testing on these and what I am finding so far is: ALL BASED ON 6 IRONS and trackman data

CP-01, slightly more ball speed than other irons in this category (not much but maybe 1-2MPH), Higher flight as much as 10-15ft higher for some people and maintains spin unlike some of the other stronger lofted irons out there. The player this is designed for you may not find a massive increase in total distance but I have seen as much as 11yards extra carry with better peak height and land angle values.

CP-02, 4-5MPH more ball speed than 718MB blades at the SAME LOFTS, about 8MPH at stock lofts

Peak height is very similar at stock lofts compared to 718MB at stock loft but CNCPT-02 goes about 12-15yards father in the air due to ball speed. Spin down a couple hundred RPM compared to 718MB (mostly due to loft). These irons side by side from an address view look pretty much identical to the 718MB and have even less offset.

Both clubs seem to be very forgiving, miss hits the ball speed is higher than expected, Overall these could be great irons for a lot of people but due to the price they aren't for everyone. If you are thinking about these make sure you find somewhere to give them a shot as they could very well be worth it for you.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

> @ForTourUseOnly said:

> I have been doing some testing on these and what I am finding so far is: ALL BASED ON 6 IRONS and trackman data

>

> CP-01, slightly more ball speed than other irons in this category (not much but maybe 1-2MPH), Higher flight as much as 10-15ft higher for some people and maintains spin unlike some of the other stronger lofted irons out there. The player this is designed for you may not find a massive increase in total distance but I have seen as much as 11yards extra carry with better peak height and land angle values.

>

> CP-02, 4-5MPH more ball speed than 718MB blades at the SAME LOFTS, about 8MPH at stock lofts

> Peak height is very similar at stock lofts compared to 718MB at stock loft but CNCPT-02 goes about 12-15yards father in the air due to ball speed. Spin down a couple hundred RPM compared to 718MB (mostly due to loft). These irons side by side from an address view look pretty much identical to the 718MB and have even less offset.

>

> Both clubs seem to be very forgiving, miss hits the ball speed is higher than expected, Overall these could be great irons for a lot of people but due to the price they aren't for everyone. If you are thinking about these make sure you find somewhere to give them a shot as they could very well be worth it for you.

These numbers are crazy gains.

Regarding forgiviness of CP-02, do you mean more forgiving than 718 MB up to par with 718 CB or even more?

> @MrShield said:

> > @ForTourUseOnly said:

> > I have been doing some testing on these and what I am finding so far is: ALL BASED ON 6 IRONS and trackman data

> >

> > CP-01, slightly more ball speed than other irons in this category (not much but maybe 1-2MPH), Higher flight as much as 10-15ft higher for some people and maintains spin unlike some of the other stronger lofted irons out there. The player this is designed for you may not find a massive increase in total distance but I have seen as much as 11yards extra carry with better peak height and land angle values.

> >

> > CP-02, 4-5MPH more ball speed than 718MB blades at the SAME LOFTS, about 8MPH at stock lofts

> > Peak height is very similar at stock lofts compared to 718MB at stock loft but CNCPT-02 goes about 12-15yards father in the air due to ball speed. Spin down a couple hundred RPM compared to 718MB (mostly due to loft). These irons side by side from an address view look pretty much identical to the 718MB and have even less offset.

> >

> > Both clubs seem to be very forgiving, miss hits the ball speed is higher than expected, Overall these could be great irons for a lot of people but due to the price they aren't for everyone. If you are thinking about these make sure you find somewhere to give them a shot as they could very well be worth it for you.

>

> These numbers are crazy gains.

>

> Regarding forgiviness of CP-02, do you mean more forgiving than 718 MB up to par with 718 CB or even more?

based on the misses I felt I hit and how the ball speed stayed up i'd say these are somewhere in the neibourhood of AP2 forgiveness level. I will be putting a set in my bag just deciding on what shaft to play.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

I would agree with that. They are more forgiving than the cbs. I haven't noticed much difference between the forgiveness of the CP-02s and the 790s or Apex Pros. I think that it's pretty impressive that they packed this much forgiveness and ball speed into such a small package.

The CP-01s are just ridiculously long. I have the 4 iron to go with the cp02 5 to pw and it is remarkably easy to hit and is definitely longer than any driving/utility iron i have tried. The crazy part about it is that I can still control the ball flight. A normal swing goes high and straight but it will cut and draw and the low shots are super reliable for me as well.

• 5 weeks later...

5 round playing review;

With 5 rounds under my belt with these in the bag here are my thoughts; It is taking me a bit to get used to the distance they are going, they are easily a club longer and because I spin then a hair less (normally a very high spin player) they don't come up as short into the wind as I usually expect. That being said they still spin within the window and I am able to stop the ball on greens even out of thick rough. They are super forgiving for how small they look and the best part of them is even on a miss hit or one that I think is flushed and going to go too long they all end up very consistent for distance. I'd say I've tightened up my dispersion short-long quite a bit and this is where these clubs excel over some other hollow technology. Guess it has something to do with the face material.

With them being a club or so longer I think I till find myself playing my 5 wood more often and then going right down to the 4 iron rather than using the 3 I made as a driving iron. (this will likely be course dependant though)

If you are int he market and have the money for these then they are a must try, but be sure to get fit.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

> @"Big Ben" said:

> I haven’t found a single goo filled iron yet that feels super solid. Different, for sure.

These aren’t filled with anything and do have a little clicky feel compared to the MB’s I’ve been playing for years but it’s somewhat progressive as well. Less clicky in the short irons and a little more jumpy feeling in the long irons.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

• 3 weeks later...

The AP line was getting old, just the "3" had any real interest to me. Titleist needed something new and fast to keeo up with the like of TM and Callaway. Give them credit, when they realize the competitive landscape is changing, they have no problem shifting gears and disrupting their existing products.

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

Working on 1 year with my CP 02s and nothing near them for performance, distance, retaining spin, looks at address, feel ( which still amazes me given the hardness of the face material), sound (not annoying clicking like i500s or dead like goop filled irons). Yes I’ve tried everything over the last year Forged, hollow, cast, hollow filled, GI, Players all materials (1018-1030, 17-4 ph, 431, 8620). Still worth every cent.

• 2 weeks later...

> @Pinging77 said:

> Working on 1 year with my CP 02s and nothing near them for performance, distance, retaining spin, looks at address, feel ( which still amazes me given the hardness of the face material), sound (not annoying clicking like i500s or dead like goop filled irons). Yes I’ve tried everything over the last year Forged, hollow, hollow filled. Still worth every cent.

Just received mine...4-48. They tick all the boxes. Performance and forgiveness in a MB chassis. For me that’s the big plus. Ultra thin TOP line and sole with the added forgiveness and performance. The misses are invaluable.

I can’t take clubs with lengthy blade length and fat soles. Great work by Titleist!!!

Unexpectedly hit some CPO2s this weekend as the Titleist CNCPT team was set up at the range. While the overall design of the CNCPT lines appear to be part of a "This weekend only - buy a DeLorean - get a FREE set of Titleists" promotion, at address the 02s were extremely attractive. The feel was similar to a P790 for me, though somehow a bit less dense. While it was a feel I really enjoyed, it seemed to be lacking in feedback versus your typical one-piece forged iron - which I did not care for.

What I cared for even less was the Titleist rep who "fit" me as he was a younger, somewhat abrasive, unfriendly kid who wasn't particularly knowledgable.

While I completely understand the desire to have cool, rare, expensive stuff, just for the appreciation of cool, rare, expensive stuff - that's really the main selling point of these irons. There are better feeling, looking, and performing irons available at much lower price points. These are gonna be a no for me dog.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

Couldn’t agree less. PXG, P790, Epic Forged all feel mushy and do not retain the spin of a solid forged club. If you don’t like the feedback wait till you try the Mizuno MP20 HMB. These look better at address than every forged blade out today (except Muira Baby Blades and 620 MBs). Own Epon, Muira, Honma, Maruman, Srixon, Bridgestone, Kyoei, Seven, Mizuno Japan, OnOff, all of which are superior to the Big 3 offerings. None of these are within 1.5-2.0 clubs distance wise using same lofts, shafts (length and flex).

These are hardly rare, cool, expensive stuff. For a whole set of these you could barely buy 1.5 Beres 5 Star clubs.. (that’s $3,400 a CLUB dog)

Plenty of feedback. Not the same as a solid forging, but far superior to any of today’s hollow bodied irons filled or unfilled. Callaway Epic Forged, Ping i500, P790 being the worst feeling.. Best of all for the last year they have allowed me to hang on to my 3 handicap due to restoring my distance. Of course they aren’t for pros, elite amateurs, or 99.8% of the posters here (legends in their own minds). My nephew (a +3.4) hits the 7 iron 215+ yards plus with my whimsy regular shaft..

Again sorry you think these are rare, cool, or expensive and are sold for that reason. Try a set of Beres 5 stars for that classification. They are actually fairly decent clubs and not overpriced given today’s metals prices...

I respect your opinion and am glad you enjoy them. While my experience and opinion differs from yours, I'm glad this forum is here to facilitate this exchange.

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

• 2 weeks later...

People say you can get the same CP02 performance etc in other irons. Hmmmm....i struggle to think of any other iron that has an MB chassis with the same performance and forgiveness? No...not the I500...PXG....not TM P760....none. So these can not be compared to P790's or any other iron because there are none. CP01 has some direct competitors.

I chose these definitely not due to rarity, exclusivity, etc. I chose them because they tick the boxes that i need ticked. Reduced spin in an MB body with a thin sole whilst maintaining good forgiveness on the less than stellar shots.