APPLY NOW: Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket! 20 Members Needed!

HOW TO APPLY

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Cincinnati, OH
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-7
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas. Fits the best, looks the best. Love me some Adidas.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Miles of Golf, online, WRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and fit are most important to me.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Flexible yet warm. Not too cumbersome.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Current temps are in the 80s. Would love to play later in fall and earlier in spring, but need something like this to do that.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Nope - I enter allot, never win. Hoping this jacket comes in left hand!
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • continuing participation
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yup!

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes!
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Adidas is my goto brand for apparel. Short, socks, shirts...Wear the shoes too! The fit, style, comfort, and ease of care make it my top choice. I also love quarter zips. I have several Adidas already, but this would be a cool weather option. Would love to try!

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Washington, DC
  • 6-12
  • Adidas, best quality to price and really like their Ultimate 365 line.
  • Social media/web, golf blogs and instagram mostly.
  • Price and comfort, have to be able to swing unrestricted.
  • Hard to find late fall/early winter golf outerwear that is breathable.
  • DC/Northern VA/Southern MD is 30-60s in the fall and early spring, 70-90s in the summer.
  • No.
  • Yes.
  • Yes. 3-5 times at least.
  • I'd like to review Adidas's Go-To Adapt Jacket because I'm a budget golfer. I go to, play, and buy where the deals are. The majority of my golf wardrobe is from Amazon or Ebay (aka deals on brand new items from last season or year). The only new (same year) equipment or clothes I wear or play are gifted because I'm not a fan of $50 polos, $75 pants, or $500 for a driver that may give me an extra 3-5 yards. That being said, when I find a product that I feel is great quality and a great price point, it stays in my closet or bag as long as possible and I champion the company. I'd like to review Adidas's Go-To Adapt Jacket because not only would it fill a niche in the golf outerwear market that I've been searching for, but if the jacket does what Adidas says it will do, I'll yell it from a mountaintop.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Pleasantville, iowa
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. They make clothes for slim people.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? WRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit and Function.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A slimmer fitting rain pant
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 75 Play in extremes for 40*-100*
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Not officially, post my own reviews on equipment I purchase.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes
    • quality photos - yes
    • full initial review - yes
    • continuing participation - yes
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. - yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I am an outdoor gear junkie, have thousands of dollars in high end outerwear, feel like I have a good grasp on what works and what does not. Also, a little sour on Nike lately, love to try something new. I am also Sergio's biggest fan, so I could dress like him...lol.

Thanks to Adidas and WRX, awesome promo....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? College Park, MD
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-15
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Any of the big 3: Nike, Adidas, UA. They're big companies for a reason, stuff is great.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Mostly social media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit then comfort.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A nice tailored look without being too restrictive in the arms, particularly forearms
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? For this time frame, 50s-60s as I play early in the morning.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, extensively.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I'm due for a fall/winter wardrobe refresh, so I'd love to test this Jacket to help decide which company to buy from and how it'll perform before I buy.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please) - West Jefferson, N.C.
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? - 5-8
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? - I wear mostly Under Armour
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? - Through research and Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) - Comfort and fit and Price
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? - A long sleeve that doesn't hinder the golf swing and doesn't get in the way while putting.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? - 50's to 80.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. - No I have not
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: - Will do my best
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? - Yes! I live in the Mountains and it can get chilly starting in Sept.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

[*] I need to find some lightweight jackets that allow me to play in cooler conditions without effecting my golf game. My wife can tell you I am always looking, Buying then selling outer wear because I just cant find that jacket. I am willing to give an unbiased opinion from a golfer who has struggled to be comfortable while playing.

[*]If chosen, I'd like a large in the Bright Blue/ Fresh Splash...Thank you!

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Charlotte, NC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-6
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Puma, UA, and Adidas for shorts typically fit me best, and polo's whatever I can find that is slimmest fitting.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Probably WRX or just out shopping.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, material, and comfort (non-cotton, slim fitting)
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Light, tight, and flexible enough fabric... not easy to find for a guy my size.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In fall and winter its pretty cool, 60's and down (which is cold for an FL boy like me)
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have reviewed a couple items I was fortunate to win in the giveaways.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

I have always found Adidas clothing to be better fitting than most of the stuff I try on. My biggest annoyance is clothes that are too large or baggy, hate the feeling of wearing a garbage bag around my waist, so to speak. I like clothes that work with my body, not just outside it, so quality synthetic fabrics that hold up to the elements and provide comfort in cold and wind. And lastly I love the colorways in the post, the black and gray is just my style on the course, and would be a great addition to my winter golfing closet (which is admittedly small now that I moved north of FL).

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Dothan, AL

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8

• What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. Stretchy, great fit, and tons of styles

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) comfort and range of motion

• What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Flexibility

• What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 40-50 degrees in the fall

◦ quality photos

◦ full initial review

◦ continuing participation

◦ ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

I would love to try the Adidas jacket because I love a great pullover I can play and work in, being a PGA Professional. I love Adidas pants and shoes, but don’t have much experience with their tops, aside from a Climachill polo I really like.

9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
60* Callaway PM Grind
Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Williamsburg VA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Anything fits into my body and eyes.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour Players
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit and style
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Realistic price tag.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 80's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Ben Hogan Ft worth 15 Irons. Yes.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Oh yes.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. They just loo so nice. I really want to try this out!

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Monroe, MI
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? This time of the year, around 4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Usually polos and golf shorts. In the fall, pants and a polo. Typically, I am more interested in comfort, so I'm usually wearing whatever is comfortable and not too constrictive
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media, Golf Digest, Golfwrx
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) All of the above. fit>comfort>style>price>material
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that is lightweight, stylish, comfortable, and waterproof
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 60-75, but the temp will be dropping shortly (because I am in Michigan)
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, Adidas shoes, OnCore golf balls
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.- YES, ABSOLUTELY

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?- Yes, perfect outerwear for fall golf in Michigan

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would be very interested in reviewing the Go-To Adapt Jacket from Adidas. This product seems innovative, stylish, and comfortable, all of which I am looking for in my outerwear for the golf course. Because I live in Michigan, this apparel is perfect for this time of the year. Recently, I was mentioning to my wife that I needed to make some upgrades with my jackets and outerwear for golf (and soccer in the fall for our kids)- I think this jacket checks all of the boxes! Lastly, I will be honest and engaging with my updates and correspondence.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)?Athens, georgia

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?5-6

• What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike, Under Armour. Comfort and fit

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV, golfwrx

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)comfort and fit

• What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? no restriction in golf swing, not to hot

• What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I play year around so 30 to 95

• quality photos

• full initial review

[*]

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I value opinions of others when making purchases and would love to help others out. I currently do not have any Adidas apparel but would love to try some. I am picky about wearing sleeves when I play, I would love to find a jacket that is really light in the sleeves but warm in the core . thanks for your consideration.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Medfield, MA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-6 rounds
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas, Greg Norman, and others. Price is the biggest issue and of course comfort.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? All
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, fit, price, style.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Flexible outerwear/ coat for cool and cold weather that is also water resistant and flexible for the golf swing.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 80s summer, 60s fall and 20s-30s winter.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Looking for a more flexible jacket to wear in the colder fall and winter months that allows for the golf swing while not overheating and can be worn with multiple layers as well. Also hoping that it can be worn to work as well.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Washington DC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-7
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? No specific loyalty, but have a lot of bonobos and nike with some UA as well. I like the style of their offerings combined with above average comfort, especially for pants/outerwear.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? A lot via social media (Instagram specifically), as well as through GolfWRX and similar websites. I also see a lot simply by watching a lot of golf. I will look things up when i see them on TV and use that to find out about new product offerings as well.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) In order, fit, comfort, style, price. If the piece is meant to be 100% waterproof then material moves up the list as well. If the outerwear is uncomfortable and fits terribly, then its a non-starter. I am between medium and large, and tend to skew towards large so I can layer. Style is very important, and the best thing about the golf outerwear market in the last decade is the massive upgrade in style. It is a lot easier to find things that are both comfortable and stylish, which is a nice change!
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that remains warm without being bulky/large. Zero Restriction and Nike have come closest, but a lot of the stuff on the market recently is just too bulky.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In october, 50-60 depending on time of day. I have three rounds scheduled in West Va for late October and it will be closer to the upper 40s/lower 50s for those rounds!
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Nope!
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES TO ALL
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes. I already have three rounds scheduled for a small trip, and can always use an excuse to play a lot more :)

[*]The golf outerwear market is fairly crowded, but a lot of the products from various companies are just variations of the same general thing. This seems different based on the description, and I am hopeful it is. Having a quarter-zip style jacket that is also water resistant and warm without being bulky would be huge, and I'd love to know if this true. I understand this wouldntbe an outer piece for a heavy rain storm, but that isnt want i am seeking. Something that can be worn in a light rain/mist, would be huge in DC since we see a lot of that in the fall and spring. Also having a quarter zip that doesnt also require a jacket or something over it when the temp is 45-50 degrees would be amazing. Finally, I have tried a lot of outerwear options to varying degrees of success, and feel I would be a good judge of how this jacket functions in daily life and especially on the golf course. I would welcome the chance to try it out and give my thoughts to the community at large.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Birmingham, AL
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 3-5
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armour. Fit
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? On store shelves
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort/ Fit
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Does not restrict the golf swing.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? year round golf temps ranging from 40*F - 100*F
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Nope
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Sure
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yep
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I've never really been a fan of essays and without plagiarizing, which is what go me through college, I can honestly say; I'd really just like to receive a free jacket and would be happy to provide some candid feedback on how said jacket performs.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Irvine, CA
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Travis Mathew Shirts, Adidas shorts and pants.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour Players and Social Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Style, Fit, Comfort, Price. In that order.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that's light weight & flexible but still warm. Also, something that can water repellent.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In the fall to winter anywhere from 60-70 degrees.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? From what I can remember, nothing thus far.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I am currently in the market for a warm and flexible jacket to get ready for some colder weather. I love everything about Adidas from it's style all the way to the players on the PGA it supports. My current outerwear items are all Underarmour, which seems to be falling behind in the style department.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Raleigh, NC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 7-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike due to their great sizing and breathability
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Ads, emails, social media, all of the above - i'm looking all the time
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) I prioritize comfort and fit to allow for the best range of motion
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Breath-ability and warmth in the same jacket - something that keeps me warm, but allows me to breathe as the round progresses.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?In early-to-mid October, it should be between 50 and 65 degrees - but during the winter, it gets below 20 degrees.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No, I have not
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Absolutely - I'd love to participate in the thread

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, I should be able to before then.

[*]I would like to review Adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket because I am always looking for new golf gear to wear. I am very fashion forward and the one area that I tend to struggle in would be the outerwear department. It's very hard to find comfortable and fashion forward apparel that works on the course, while fitting into a college student's budget. I have also used Adidas apparel in the past, but haven't quite given it the attention it may deserve. This test could help me make that transition to the Adidas lines. Also, I am looking for that "go-to" option for each late afternoon round after classes, so this could be that option!

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Wilton, CT
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-8
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas & Nike mostly, some Peter Millar & UA. The looks and fit are good and the quality is there.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GolfWRX website, GOLF mags, pro shop
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Material #1, Comfort #2, Fit #3. Cant even use it if #1 fails the test
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Decently warm with water resistance without a lot of bulk
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I live in NE, Summer is hot, but Oct-Dec I will play until about 45 degrees
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? No, which is why I need to be picked for this one
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. YES, YES, YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would be honored to be a reviewer for this jacket. This product is something that I don't think is available in the market place and is definitely something I would consider buying. I would be able to give it a proper test by playing several rounds in the cooler temps of CT in October.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Austin, TX
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?10-15
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. Nike tends to have more design appeal
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV ads, digital media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) comfort. outerwear should not impede free swing of club
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? breathability
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? summer 100 +, fall/winter mid 60's to 80's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. no this would be the first item reviewed
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review Adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket? In Texas we are approaching the perfect time of year to test a product like the Adidas Go-To Adapt jacket. Usually temperatures fluctuate greatly between early morning and afternoon which would provide a perfect setting to test the proposed benefits of the Go-To Adapt. One of the issues with current comparable products is that it is cool/cold in AM then reaches a point where the outerwear becomes hot an uncomfortable as the round progresses. The Go-To adapt may address this and be a superior product as the day gradually warms.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Yorktown Heights, New York

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Brand agnostic. I look for slim fit, classic style, and functional apparel. Many brands struggle with fit.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Usually hear about it through social media and/or regurgitated press releases first.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc. Fit and comfort are paramount. Price needs to be appropriate for the product (premium price is okay for a premium product), style is important, but the 'latest' style is not at all important. Material is usually a significant factor only in rain wear/outerwear.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? flexibility/stretch, minimal restriction. Warmth in the high 40s to high 50s that doesn't result in either oveheating during the round or freezing by the end of it.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In October, daily high temperatures fall from 68°F at the beginning of the month to 58°F by the end of the month, rarely falling below 48°F or exceeding 78°F. Daily lows average 53°F at the start and fall to 43°F, rarely falling below 33°F or exceeding 62° In October 2 years ago, I played a round at Bethpage that included temperature that ranged from the low 40s to the low 60s and had sun, clouds, rain, snow, back to clear skies, back to clouds, more rain with calm to 20 mph winds throughout.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I have been looking for an appropriate golf outerwear for some time. I have evaluated and used any number of combinations from within and without the golf apparel world. None of them have been fully satisfactory. It has been incredibly frustrating. For an outdoor sport, golf’s outer wear options have long been lacking, especially compared to the significant advances in outwear for my other outdoor pursuits, which include backpacking, fly fishing, and skiing. Those industries seem to have it figure out. Why can’t golf? The Go-To Adapt Jacket is intriguing and I would be happy to provide my feedback on it.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Holly Springs, North Carolina
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-15
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas and Under Armour - They fit me the best, I have tried all brands and those two fit me the best as well as the style. I enjoy the two tone style for a lot of the Adidas shirts and the material of Under Armour.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV, Social Media, Tour players, GolfWRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) - Fit and comfort the most for me. I am 6'3 so fit can often be tough to come by.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Fit that does not restrict the swing in anyway while also remaining a comfortable temperature. The majority of items that keep me warm (or comfortable) restrict my swing by being too tight (typically across the shoulders)
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? North Carolina, so 85-100 in May-September. 60-80 in March-April and Oct-Nov. 30-50 in Dec-Feb.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Have wanted to but never had been selected.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:YES!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, have multiple tournaments at my course that I am planning to play in. Also have a trip up to Boston to golf a few rounds at the end of October that would provide a much different climate than NC!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. As mentioned above, I play a lot of golf each month and struggle to find apparel that is the right fit, especially when it comes to outerwear. As we roll into October the early tee times that I play in would be a perfect trial for this piece of outerwear and it would be an ideal complement to my normal gear. At the moment I do not have a piece of outerwear that is perfect, there is something I dislike about each (some minor some major). Being 6'3 240ish I could provide a good perspective for the athletic build golfer that struggles to find the perfect fit. Thanks for the opportunity!

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Milltown, NJ
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 3-4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I don't have one, I'll wear anything thats stylish and fits
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? social media mainly
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) comfort, style, price - in that order
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? something warm but light
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? anywhere from 40º to 100º, but i prefer it cooler
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No i have not
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: absolutely
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? most definitely, have several rounds of golf planned between now and then

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. as stated i prefer to play when its a bit cooler and will play any time i can provided it isnt snowing. fall and spring are my favorite times of the year to play. the right jacket makes all the difference.

Ping G420MAX graphite design tour ad mt-6s
NL 902 OS 5/7/9; S300

Haywood 48&54; S400 black onyx

This month's putter: Scotty Cameron X5.5

Srixon ZStar XV/ -ProV1x

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Memphis, TN
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? ~3
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Puma or Nike. I can usually find their stuff for cheap in outlets and it does good enough for what I need without breaking the bank.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media and the GolfWrx Forums
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)? Definitely like to feel comfortable and like it to be somewhat slim fitting so it doesn't feel and look like I'm wearing a tent. The main thing for me though is to be able to stay warm and/or dry without feeling like my flexibility and ROM isn't restricted.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? What I described above. Something that can keep me warm and comfortable without feeling like it is restricting my ROM.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Varies wildly. Currently in the 90s, but should drop down into the 50s and 60s soon. We can play 10-11 months out of the year, and some of those are in the 40s and 50s. Summers are brutal...~90-100.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. YES to all

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would like to review this jacket, because I would like to extend my playing season this year. A lot of times I get demotivated when the weather turns a bit colder, because I've just never found anything comfortable enough that checks all the performance boxes that I like while also delivering the look that I like. I love the look that Adidas delivers to golf apparel, so I'd be happy to be a part of this test, as the jacket suits my eye and seems to deliver the performance that I desire from a piece of outerwear.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Peoria, IL
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike, they have more slim fit options
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media, online advertising.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, price, style
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Light and flexible, yet warm.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 85 in the summer, 65 spring and fall.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. N/A
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I am starting to acquire more Adidas gear and am looking for tops/sweaters to match. I love their boost line of shoes and want to be able to mix it up more often. Looking for something that is light, flexible and comfortable for the chillier months of golf.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Baltimore, Maryland (suburbs)
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas Adi-cool golf shirts (when on sale lol) super thin, breathable, feel nice, cool colors. Greg Norman golf pants, breathable, look nice, price is right $$$
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Golf WRX or surfing Global Golf
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Price is probably #1 as I don't typically buy high end clothing. I tend to purchase brand name items on sale. I will treat myself maybe once a year to something nice. Material #2, Summer clothes must be cool and thin / breathable, not soak me in sweat ( I sweat a lot!). Winter clothes must be warm but still allow freedom of movement. to play.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Not sure
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? I play in an area that has 4 seasons. Summer gets up to 100+. I'll play in the fall while it's in the 50's. Once it drops into the 40's it is a bit too cold to be out there.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Never, would be a first time.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

I'd like to test it because I like playing golf in the fall. I especially like how 1/4 zips look.

It would be nice to test a new piece of apparel and share my thoughts with Golf WRX.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Grand Forks, North Dakota
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-10 rounds
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I play multiple apparel brands based on how I currently view their strengths in the apparel market. Outwear - Zero Restriction, Shoes-Ecco, Shirts- Under Armour & Nike
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? The way I usually come across new apparel is in the golf store or pro shop in my hometown. Also, if I see a tour player wearing something that catches my eye.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort is an absolute necessity above all else. However, I'd like it to look like something I would be ok wearing off of the course as well.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? I'd like to find a pullover that is form fitting yet also doesn't feel restrictive with my driver swings as I take it past parallel.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?Depends on the month, but mid-season about 70 degrees. This time of year it will be closer to 55-60 degrees
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have not had the pleasure.
    • quality photos Yes
    • full initial review Yes
    • continuing participation Yes
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up Yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, I play at least once a week if not more.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. My Review will provide an insight into how the Adidas Go-To Jacket will perform in colder temperatures for the single digit to scratch player who are looking for the top of the line performance that matches their exacting golf game. I compete in amateur tournaments and local leagues and will be honest about the viability of using the jacket in a situation that would require me to be at the top of my game. I also have numerous other pullovers from Nike, Under Armour, Greg Norman, etc. that I will be able to compare and contrast this jacket with that give me a good baseline to work with in my review. All of these factors are what make me uniquely qualified to give an honest account of this jacket's performance.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Virginia Beach, VA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 2-3
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Not brand affiliated
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? digital ads
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) comfort, and ability to swing a club
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that cuts 5-6 strokes off my game?
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 65F
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, but it may be a little warm (but I'd do it for the review)

I actually prefer to play golf in the colder weather. I like being able to walk and have a round take less than 4 hours. This means I normally play in the "off season." I've become very adept at playing golf in 30-45 degree temperatures (last year I teed off with a temp of 28*F one day). I find it more of a "badge of honor" that I don't quit while others take their off season. This is only possible due to some of the newer clothing technologies, but I am always looking for clothes that are lighter and less restrictive.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Omaha, NE
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 15-20
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas and Under Armour, those are the brands that fit me the best with the style that I like
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour players, and what is in my golf shop
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, style, and being able to wear it off the course
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? 3/4 zip cold weather with a hoodie (golf appropriate? who knows)
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 90 in the summer, 50-60 in the early spring and late fall. 30-40 in the winter
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

I typically buy a couple of these types of jackets every single year as they are my go to on the course and off of the course until I wear them out. Once fall season hits I wear something like this to the course every single round just in case, and my go-to outfit for going out anywhere casual is a jacket with this style and some pants and sneakers. I would get a ton of use out of this jacket and would love to write a detailed review for the privilege of doing so.

the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Simi Valley, CA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-6
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Puma and Adidas. Mostly the fit and style. Fabric is important too, Like some stretch in the pants and shorts.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Mostly in store visits or browsing online.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit,, style and comfort. Performance also
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Not sure
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Currently 50 at tee off and up into high 80s low 90s by the time finished
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have not
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

[*]I'd really like to review the new Go-To Adapt Jacket by Adidas for multiple reasons. Playing in a variety of temperatures in a single round can be challenging when you have keep removing and putting back on your jacket. You can't get a consistent feel. The promise of keeping cool when the sun comes out and staying warm when it hides behind the clouds would let you focus on your game instead of your clothes. Fit also plays a huge role in a jacket. You need it to stay out of your way, whether that be for full ROM or keeping your putter grip from getting tangled up while bent over a putt. You want something that fits well and looks good. Speaking of that, when it comes to looking good out on the course Adidas offers a fresh style that works for me. The two tone looks pretty good in all the combinations they offer. Please consider me to be one of your testers.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Dallas, Texas
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Unbiased, like them all
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Not trying to be a suck up, but generally through WRX. I follow SSC, Malbon, PGA, various social media accounts but namely WRX, watching TV (seeing what pro's are wearing)
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Namely fit and style. Comfort is also a major factor, but if it fits well its generally comfortable and vice versa, same goes for material. I have no bias on price, am willing to invest in a good pair of shoes or pants if they fit well, look well, and most importantly are durable.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Depends on the time of day, can be chilly in the 7 am rounds, and 100+ at 4pm some afternoons.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Unfortunately haven't had the privilege yet.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes.
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, have three rounds set for the last weekend in September and first weekend of October
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.
  • There is nothing better than a great sweater. With that being said, I have yet to find a great golf sweater that encompasses: flexibility, fit, comfort, and breathability. Best case scenario you can get two of these things, but would love to see if the Go-To Adapt Jacket can fit all of these.

Taylormade Stealth+ 8* Hulk TX
Taylormade Sim 4w Tensei Pro White 70TX
Taylormade Sim 2i Nunchuck

Srixon ZX7 4-PW TI DG X1
Taylormade MG3 50, 55* TI DG X1
Wedgeworks 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S4
Goodwood Custom
PV1 Left Dash

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Overland Park, KS
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Footjoy/Under Armour, Fit and style
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GOLFWRX, online ads, instagram
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit above all else, if it fits well then comfort and style are good
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that is versatile over many different types of weather conditions and temperatures as well as indoors while I'm at work
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Mainly hot, 80s on average, but I love nothing more than some fall golf!!!
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes, no problem
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket?

[*]Everyday, pretty much regardless of temperature, I am wearing a pullover because it is cold at work. I have yet to find a pullover that works for me as an everyday jacket as well as something that I can easily wear out onto the course after work. I am going to be able to put this pullover through the paces pretty quickly as it is something I will be wearing 3-4 times a week if I am playing or not.

Titleist TS3 9.5* - Tour AD-GP 7X

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* - UST VTS Black 8X

Adams Pro Mini 21* - SteelFiber 110X

Bridgestone Golf J40 CB (4-PW) - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Vokey SM8 50F - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 56 - Nippon Super Peening Blue X

Taylormade MG2 TW Grind 60 - Tour Issue X100

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 1.5

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Amesbury, MA
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Currently Footjoy, previous club mainly stocked footjoy attire. They make good quality apparel, but it is pricey, would not buy it without proshop credit
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Instagram, golfwrx
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit/style, weight (don't want anything too warm or too cold), price (in that order)
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Warmer layering pieces. In northeast chilly late fall/early spring rounds are common and can be difficult to find a fitted, warm jacket that isn't bulky
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Golf in northeast, so temperature can range from mid 40s to high 90s with high humidity
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Have not yet
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes, I want to become more involved in the golf online community

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, will definately wear this on and off the golf course

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Quarter zip jackets are usually my go to when golfing on colder days, I currently have a nike, footjoy, and some no-name brands that I consistently wear. I'm hoping this adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket is in between the weight of the nike and footjoy that I own. The nike is usually not warm enough when I start my fall rounds, while the footjoy gets too warm too quickly and am usually wearing it with the sleeves skooched about 1/4 up my arms. I also want to start getting involved in the reviewing and online golf community.