APPLY NOW: Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket! 20 Members Needed!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Syracuse, NY
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-10 rounds per month
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Wear mostly Adidas for shirts, shorts and shoes. All outerwear is Ashworth. I just find there are more color options with Adidas.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour players and just online browsing
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Outerwear needs to fit correctly and be able to swing easily in it without feeling super constricted. Difficult to do.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Most of my outerwear requires an base layer (Under Armour) because I often have to go thin with material to still feel ok on the course. Thicker, warmer materials can make me feel more constricted than I like to be on the course.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Between 30*F-60*F in the Spring and Fall and up to 100*F in the Summer
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • continuing participation
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes. Golf in Central New York usually goes until early November

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

I would like to review the Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket because I have been looking for an outerwear jacket to wear when the weather cools significantly up here. Having something to wear comfortably on the golf course when it is cold is a big deal around here because our golf season only lasts from late April to early November, so being able to stretch that time out any longer is amazing. Living in an area with fairly extreme temperature ranges, I would be able to give an honest review on how the jacket would perform especially on days where it may be warm in the afternoon but drops to a point where you wish you had a jacket to wear as the sun is setting.

Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5*___Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL___ Project X HZRDUS Black
Titleist 913H 21* ___Diamana Blue Board
Mizuno MP-25 4-PW ___KBS C-Taper
Cleveland 588 RTX 52* 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)?

Pittsburgh, PA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?

6-12

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why?

Currently Adidas, previously UA and Nike. I just like the current lineup of material, feel and look/colors.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

I’m always reading up on appreal and equipment, I also have a good friend who works in the golf dept of a major Sports retailer.

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

Fit/comfort and does it do what it’s advertised to do. EX. Does rain gear keep dry.

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?

Breathable yet warm when needed and withstand wet conditions while also being able to fit over a long sleeve warm 1/4 zip and be roomy enough and not tight when swinging.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?

70-80

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.

No

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

ABSOLUTELY, it’d be a pleasure! I just looked at these at Golf Galaxy two nights ago.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

YES

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I’d like to get a review this because I’ve heard great things so far about it, I love the look of it and want to compare it to the other gear I have from other companies. I have both UA and Nike rain gear and outerwear for colder weather. I really like the current Adidas lineup and have had my eye on these already and would love to put in to the test and review it. I love my newer Adidas gear I’ve gotten the last two seasons.

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Mason, OH
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5 (practice 3-4 times a week)
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Polo (I can wear at the office), FootJoy (great quality, dressy look), Zero Restriction (Preferred Outerwear)
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour, GolfWrx, Pro Shop, Golf Retailers
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, Material, Performance (warm and water proof)
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A piece that I can keeps you warm outdoors, with wind protection that I can wear inside and not sweat. Love wearing outerwear at the office and hate wearing coats. Prefer wearing outerwear.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Fall 50-60
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I will give you a detailed honest review of both things I like and don't like. As stated above, I hate wearing coats and wear a lot of golf outerwear. (Not just on the course but at the office too.) I tend not to wear Adidas or Under Armour because I find that Zero Restriction, Foot-Joy, and Polo fit me best and looks good in the office. (important...I like to wear at the office too!) I haven't wore Adidas outerwear in 3-4 years and would give you a detailed review of your product compared to the other brands I wear.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please) CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why UNDER ARMOUR MOSTLY. BECAUSE IT FITS ME RIGHT
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.) GOLF APPAREL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CLUBS TO ME. I HEAR ABOUT IT ON THIS SITE, MAGAZINE AND SOCIAL MEDIA. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc) COMFORT AND FIT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? HAVING AN OUTTER GEAR THAT DOESNT OBSTRUCT MY SWING.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? CURRENTLY IN THE 90'S. I LIVE IN CHICAGO SO I PLAY IN ALL SORTS OF TEMPERATURE.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. NO
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. THE JACKET LOOKS GREAT, I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO BUY ONE ON THEIR SITE YESTERDAY BUT I SAW THIS OPPORTUNITY AND THOUGHT I WOULD SEE IF I COULD WIN AND SAVE SOME MONEY. THANK YOU

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please) Newtown, PA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly ?6-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Currently Nike. Always liked the styling and of course influence by Pro's
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) I feel when wearing anything long sleeve, to me it tends to effect my game, so comfort and material
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something comfortable, light and warm
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Fall(55-75)
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? absolutely
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no) YES
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review Adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I've always worn Nike gear while playing my entire life. I would like to see what Adidas is all about. Starting to see there designs and what there capable of, especially attracting many tour players. I've been curious on the comfort and fit

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Ann Arbor, MI (Saline)
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-6
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas. Because it is the best.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Various.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Brand.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Temperature adaptive fabric.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 85-40 -- Range from now through early December in Michigan.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Applied, but never chosen.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes.
  • Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Simply because I'm an adidas man and I'm interested in seeing if they are still ahead of the curve or if they are starting to slip.

Titleist TSi3 9* (T1 / C1) w/Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661 X
Titleist TSi2 16.5* (B1) w/w/Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 757 X
Titleist TSi2 18* (B1) w/w/Fujikura MCH 80 X
Mizuno Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW w/Project X IO 6.0
Mizuno T22 54* / 60* 

Mizuno M.Craft OMOI 02 Double Nickel 34" w/2 x 13g (380g head)

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (2014) 34" w/Aldila Black P-Shaft; 2x40g (410g head)
Odyssey O-Works Tank #1 34” w/2x35g (415g head)
Bridgestone Tour BX/BXS / Srixon Z Star Diamond

Apparel / Shoes: The Brand With The 3 Stripes

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Marshall, MN

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 20+
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Depends on the type of apparel. Shorts/pant are Adidas, Under Armour Shirts and Footjoy rain gear. Other outerwear (1/4 zips) I don't have a preference yet. Shoes are Adidas.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? See them on tour players, on broadcast commercials and social media.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and fit are the two biggest, along with material. Needs to regulate you temperature and also allow you to swing freely as if you weren't wearing multiple layers.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A well fitting jacket that moves and stretches with your swing that can be used is a large temperature range
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? All depend on the time of year or the day. Any where from 32-100! Today the high is 54 and will be 74 on Sunday. Always have to have a 1/4 zip in the truck!
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, I did. I was included in a Cleveland Wedge testing a few years ago. Cleveland sent the wrong specs, so took a while before the thread was able to go live.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes I would love to!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

[*]I'm wanting to review this new jacket as I play a lot of golf in October here in Minnesota (temp have a big range) and your outerwear like this jacket are probably the most important piece of equipment then. A high performance jacket that doesn't inhibit or effect your swing is invaluable. It can make or break a round when its cool to cold out. Adidas has made some great strides in clothing lately, so I'm excited to see this offering!

[color=#A9A9A9][b]Driver:[/b] 2016 TM M1 9.5* / Atmos Black 7 TX
[b]Fairway:[/b] 2017 TM M1 15* / Tensei Pro White 80 TX
[b]Irons:[/b] TM 790 UDI 2 Iron / HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist T-MB 4 Iron / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2's 5-PW / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Wedge:s[/b] Vokey SM6 50.08F, [color=#A9A9A9]56.10S & [color=#A9A9A9]60.08M[/color] [/color] / TT Dynamic Gold S-300
[b]Putter:[/b] TM Spider Tour Black T-Line 34"[/color]

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Blaine, MN
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 2 rounds
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armour. I like the style and feel of the material.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour Players
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Material, fit, price
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Outerwear that's nice and warm for fall golf, but not bulky.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Summer, 80's, Fall, 60's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, I've reviewed the MISIG device.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes, I'll abide to the participation guidelines.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I'd like to see how warm this jacket keeps me on the course during our cool fall days. I'd like to see how well I can swing with it on while I'm out golfing.

Ping G430 10K 9* w/ Ventus Blue Velocore 5R
Ping G430 3W w/ Helium R
Ping G430 5W w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 3 hybrid w/ Paderson S
Ping G430 4 hybrid w/Paderson R
Ping G430 5 hybrid w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 7-P, Paderson R shafts

Cleveland CBX2 Zip Core 48*, RTX Zipcore 54* & 58*
LAB DF3
TaylorMade SpeedSoft Ink Blue

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Cleveland Ohio

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-16

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under armor

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GOLFWRX

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) FIT and material

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Gear that doesn’t make me so hot yet protects me from elements

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Varies 30 to 90 degrees

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. NOT YET.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? ABSOLUTELY

Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I would like to give an unbiased opinion from my Perspective as I feel this is one piece of equipment that has yet to be perfected. I have UA and FJ now but not as happy due to my above explanations. In the mid west or NE parts of our country we have to sweat to be protected which doesn’t seem right in today’s high tech/design abilities in today’s manufacturing. Please choose me as this testing is the most exciting to date for myself. Thanks golf wrx!

Signature of Solon CC

Ping g430 10k 9 Accra fx 3.0 140 m0

Titleist Tsr1 15 tour ad di6

Titleist 917 18 Kk proto

Titleist Tsr1 4 hybrid Accra fx 2.0 

Titleist t300 5-Pw Matrix Red proto moi matched 

Wilson Staff zm 50 recoil dart v

Wilson staff zm 56 recoil dart v

Vokey Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Tour Issue S400 Black Onyx

L.A.B. Mezz Max blue Tpt shaft 34/71

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Memphis, Tn
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5-6
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Ping and Under armour- I like the way both fit and style
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? On this site and twitter
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Wind resistance and breathability
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something to wear in the 50-65 degree temperature range. I have plenty of cold weather gear but get way too hot when it warms up in the mid 50s
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? we always play early; fall, winter and spring it starts anywhere from the low 40's to 50's and hopefully warms up. Summer 80's to 90's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes- 1 previous review of snell golf balls
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
  • I agree
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

[*]I have a large amount of outerwear but have long been looking for a pullover that I can wear when it is cool out and not get too hot if it gets above 60 degrees. I haven't really found one yet

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Old Forge, NY
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-20
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas. Fit has always been very consistent for me, lots of my favorite tour players wear it.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Instagram, TV ads
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, comfort, durability, style, uniqueness
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A layer that you can keep on regardless of the temperature. Too often in the fall I find myself putting on layers, taking them off, rinse and repeat. It gets tiring having to redress each hole!
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In the fall, 45-60*. Usually starts off chilly then warms up a bit during the round.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Not for a giveaway, but I've received lots of products in my "MonteWRX" thread in the instruction section. I like to give my opinion on products I've purchased, take nice pictures of them, and give both a short term and long term review.

• quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up post? Absolutely!

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, extensively.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

​I'd like to review Adidas new Go-To Adapt Jacket because it sounds like the perfect layer for me. I play in the Northeast, and I play more golf in the Fall than I do the rest of the year. I'm constantly looking for a better layer, one that I don't have to constantly take on and off. Rounds where I live, especially AM ones, start off chilly, then get progressively warmer throughout the day. You're constantly taking layers off and putting others on as the sun comes and goes, the wind kicks up, and temperatures rise and fall with it. The Go-To Adapt Jacket sounds like a great solution. I've always liked the fit and quality of Adidas, as they've been very consistent for me. If I were to be selected to test the Go-To Adapt Jacket, I would give it a full and complete review, complete with pictures and write-ups, just like my MonteWRX thread in the I&A section. Thank you for the chance to apply for this!

the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? San Francisco, CA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. I know my sizing in the brand so it makes it very easy to order online without trying things on. I think they make a nice technical product with a slim fit.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc. Whatever tour players are wearing. The rundowns on Golf Digest etc... showing the player scripting for majors. Also the NDC website
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and fit. I'd like it to be packable and light as well. Easy to fit into the large pocket of a stand bag
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something super light but warm enough for the cold SF weather
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 45-60
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket I'm excited to test this Adidas jacket because I think it presents me with an opportunity to try the brand. Thus far, I have been very loyal to Nike Golf. However, I have always been curious about Adidas as the clothes look great on their sponsored players. Given that I buy most of my clothes online, it's just been easier to buy Nike and not try something new. I think the jacket would be perfect for San Francisco weather which is often times cold and foggy but not rainy.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Danville, Indiana
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I prefer FootJoy and Zero Restriction
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GOLFWRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit - as a 2,3xl guy that's what matters
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Stay dry, stay cool
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 70
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. NOT YET.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? ABSOLUTELY
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

I'm someone who hates wearing anything if I can help it but if I HAVE to I want to make sure it's going to move with me, not be noisy or bulky, and perform in terms of dryness and temperature control.

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Greenville, SC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? No set apparel brand, usually decide on style, fit, and cost.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Following companies on social media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, style, price
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Breathable rain gear
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Varies - ~ 65* year round, probably 50* in the winter.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, the Tour 360 2.0 (still my favorite shoes ever, especially since the are currently worked in).
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Absolutely

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review Adidas' new Go-To Adapt.
  • I appreciate the styling and look of this product. It rarely gets really cold here, so a lightweight, comfortable outer garment is a must for the cooler fall days that are coming up. My groups will usually wait out heavy rain, but will play in "misty" weather so the water resistance would be a welcome feature.

Talormade R1 RIP Stiff
TM TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour S
TM Tour Preferred ATV 56* & 60*
Taylormade Spider Mallet 2.0 38"
Taylormade Lethal/Pro V1
Titleist Perma Soft ML
Adidas Tour 360 2.0

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Fullerton, CA (Orange County)
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike, Travis Mathew - because it is stylish and fits my body type well.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? By browsing at the local golf shop
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, materials, style.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? A warm, yet stylish jacket/pullover that doesn't restrict the swing.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 55 degrees in winter to 85 degrees during the summer. I play most of my rounds early in the morning.
    • quality photos - Yes
    • full initial review - Yes
    • continuing participation - Yes
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. - Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I am looking for a new jacket/pullover for the fall and winter. I recently joined a golf club earlier this year and so am playing much more golf than ever before. I don't have any Adidas golf apparel. I always wear Nike shoes and Nike/Travis Mathew apparel. However I recently purchased some Adidas golf shoes that I really like. I have noticed that the newer Adidas apparel is much more fashionable than it was in previous years and the fabrics are top notch. I would like to expand my golf wardrobe to include more pieces from Adidas.

Sacramento, CA area

6 to 10 rounds a month

Nike, because they blend fashion with technology. On the golf course, I prefer a more athletic look rather than a purely traditional, classic look and Nike provides clothing that have an arrangement of clothing that fit this aesthetic. They also provide distinct fits in their clothing, from roomier to more fitting.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

A combination of both seeing the guys on Tour wearing it, and seeing about it right here on GolfWRX

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

In order of the attributes listed: fit, style, comfort, price, material. Fit and style are most important. I don't like things that are ill-fitting; for instance, being too baggy can be a distraction. Style is also an important distinction in outerwear. Many companies have the same design, and are typically poor fitting to boot. For style, I tend to use outerwear like jackets and sweaters from golf off the course as well, so style plays a role in what I choose for outerwear.

A piece that provides the best of both worlds. I have plenty of clothing for when it's super hot and super cold. Something that balances the two would be fantastic. Also, I would like something that fits well while providing solid temperature control.

Very dependent on the time of year. It can be very hot in the summer to cool in the winter, but we are lucky to have a year-round golf season. The average temperatures for October is 78/50. I'll golf at both ends of the range. In November, 64/43. In December, 54/38.

​Yes, I reviewed Callaway golf balls for the site. I participated in an ongoing review thread and provided initial review, followup feedback, photos, and more.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

• quality photos
  • full initial review

Absolutely, I agree to participation and including information that is needed on an ongoing basis.​

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

Yes, with both tournaments and casual rounds on the schedule for late September and throughout October, I can meet the requirement of playing/testing the jacket before the middle of October.

I have always enjoyed the clothing aspect of golf; I think the Golf Style and Accessories section is where I'm most active. I enjoy searching for new clothing to make its way into my rotation, and the Go-To Adapt Jacket seems like the perfect candidate. It’s not always raining or below zero when playing golf, especially in the area of the country I am in. This looks to be an appropriate piece for the climate here. Additionally, the combination of the two materials is intriguing, and I would enjoy an opportunity to see if the performance matches. Cooler morning rounds into the early afternoon need a perfect balance in offsetting both cold and heat, and the Go-To Adapt Jacket would provide one piece for those rounds. I could pull it out of the closet automatically, instead of determining which piece would be best for the weather. I would appreciate an opportunity to share my findings with the people on this site, similar to how they've done for me in the past.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Dublin, OH

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 20ish

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I wear them all

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Here

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) fit

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Really good temperature control, not getting to hot

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 40s-100

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, TM M2 6 iron

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I’m always looking for outer wear that keeps you warm but not hot.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Cleveland, OH
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6-12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Mostly Under Armour. They fit and feel great
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.) Typically see someone wearing something either on the course or on TV and try to locate it online
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc. My priorities are typically fit and comfort.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that I can wear through an entire round without being uncomfortable or end up sweating profusely by the turn.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? This time of year our weather is very unpredictable, could be anywhere from 30-70 degrees.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Not yet
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Absolutely
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

I will give an unbiased and honest opinion. I believe Jeff Foxworthy said it best: You know you're in Cleveland when you have the heat on in the morning, AC in the afternoon and turn the heat on before dinner(or something to that effect).

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Omaha, NE
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 12-15
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I actually wear a lot of Adidas because of the fashion, comfort and perfformance
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Normally online and in golf publications
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Must fit and be comfortable, added features are a plus, such as look, warmth, wind resistance, water resistance.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? I am not a small man, I need room in the shoulders and sleeves so i don't feel restricted when swinging.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? It's Nebraska, i play anywhere from 40 to 105 degrees
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Not yet
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Absolutely!
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? yes, i have numerous rounds already planned for October

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I play a lot of Spring and Fall golf. I am always looking for the right outerwear piece that allows me to layer without feeling restricted. Freedom of movement is huge in a golf swing and any piece that fits well and allows me to swing freely will be my go to piece for cooler temperatures. I appreciate how Adidas apparel fits me. A lot of their line is cut for the normal guy. roomy fit and comfort. Too many companies are moving towards slim and European fit. Adidas seems to always design with the normal guy in mind.

Long Island, NY

​10 in summer, 5 in falls

​Puma, RLX, Peter Millar, Criquet - all clothes I can wear for more than just on the golf course

​Tour players, social media

Comfort, ​Material, Style, Fit, Price

​Warm but doesn’t make me sweat

​60s now. 80s summer

​Yes some balls

quality photos

​YES

full initial review

​YES

continuing participation

​YES

​YES

​YES

​East coast golf has weather extremes - those extremes sometimes happen from one hour to the next. Outterwear needs to be flexible for different temps and conditions - and there’s no better place than here to try it. Already this week we’ve had 60s and rainy and 80s and rainy - each distinct different conditions. Plus I can wear golf clothes to my casual workplace so I get to wear this stuff everyday. (Especially when it is the fancier dressier stuff). Plus my family has a thanksgiving day golf tradition - so I will def get my rounds in!