APPLY NOW: Adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket! 20 Members Needed!

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? - San Antonio, Texas

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 2-3

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Nike

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV, social media, golfwrx

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit/comfort. I need to be able to feel comfortable and not too tight when I swing

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something I can feel comfortable in while not affecting my swing

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your are? 50's in winter and 100's in summer.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes. I reviewed the lamkin sonar grips

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would like to try the jacket because I am currently looking for a new brand of winter clothes. I am not happy with some of Nike’s previous golf jackets. The fit is not the greatest and often feel like it affects my swing. I have heard nothing but great things from others I play about adidas clothes and have decided I should try one out this year. This would be a perfect fit for me. Thank you!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? San Jose, CA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Mixed. I choose based on functionality and price. Not brand.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Internet.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit. Price. Style.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Pocket for my phone.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 70
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes I can do all of them.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • continuing participation
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

This jacket looks like exactly what I wanted. It's stylish. Looks pretty light. In my area I play in nice conditions pretty much year around. we don't have that much rain in the Bay Area. So I need a shirt that doesn't have too much functionality or technology but just serves as another layer that keeps me warm because I typically golf in the early morning.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)?
  • Washington, DC
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?
  • 6-12 rounds
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why?
  • Nike or Travis Mathew. Best fitting clothing for my particular body type. Comfortable and breathable material as well.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?
  • Instagram for the most part. Sometimes tour players, ads, and I follow a few companies. Golf WRX whenever they have reviews as well.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)
  • Fit and material first. Afterwards price is likely next. All are pretty important to me.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?
  • First off, pants that fit my short legs. Also a warm jacket where one can swing more freely. I'm currently using an LL Bean one that works pretty well.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?
  • Summer is in the 90s with high humidity, winter I'll play in anything above 45 degrees or so. Hot or cold weather is fine, wind is fine, so is the rain. But if it's more than two of those things I definitely bug out of a round.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.
  • Not yet. Just reviews to my friends on a thread.

Providence, Rhode Island

7+ rounds a month

My apparel of choice is whatever is on the clearance rack (broke college student)

Generally on this website

Comfort is huge for me. Want to be able to stay cool/warm

Something i can wear during the winter with minimal layers

Try to play all year round Sumer 85-90 Winter 20-35

I have not reviewed anything on here yet but would love to.

I do agree to participate and give my best most honest review

Absolutely

• Where are you located? Shakopee, Minnesota
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I wear a variety of brands from Travis Mathew to Adidas; I wear what is comfortable, functional and looks good
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? All of the above
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Living in the Midwest I value that outerwear does it’s job while also allowing me free range of motion, mixed with style
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that feels like it allows me the same range of motion I have without outerwear
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Depends on the season but being in Minnesota we get all varieties of weather
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I have not, but I have on a personal blog that I have reviewed gear on
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes!
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I’d like to review the jacket because I still haven’t found a jacket that I can use in the Midwest spring and fall that feels like it gives me the same range of motion as I have when not wearing a jacket. I am hoping this jacket will be the compromise that will provide me the feeling and range of motion I need while also keeping me warm enough in the unpredictable Minnesota weather.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? KINGMAN AZ
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? NIKE AND UA. LOVE THE STYLING AND FABRIC (ALSO HAVE A FEW ADIDAS CLIMACOOL POLOS)
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? SOCIAL MEDIA, GOLFWRX
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) STYLER, MATERIAL, BRANDING AND THEN PRICE
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? QUALITY FIT IN AN XL (USUALLY WAY TOO BIG OR TIGHT)
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 40-55 IN WINTER, REALLY HOT IN SUMMER
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. UNFORTUNATELY NO
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: I AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Cincinnati, Ohio

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-12 rounds

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I have several brands (Nike, FJ, and UA) in jackets.. Mostly I have nike clothes

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social media

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, Warmth, price

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Jacket that feels comfortable and doesn't hinder my swing.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? We have 4 seasons.. I play year round.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I have several jackets in different brands. I could easily compare and contrast the jacket compared to others.. One thing I've learned is that in cold weather.. Keeping your core warm is the most important thing..

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? San Francisco, CA
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 5
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why Nike, TM and Adidas. Prefer slimmer fitting gear
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Golfwrx, Magazines, Internet
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, comfort, price, material
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Pieces that are made for people shorter than 5'8". Most items are too long at the waist for me
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 65*
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes will definitely provide feedback

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacketwo As someone who plays year round I am looking for a jacket/outwear piece that can be used year round as well. Living in the SF area, it can be tricky to dress for golf as we have microclimates through the area where there can be as much as a 40* difference in temperature within a 50 mile radius. There have been times this past Summer where the temperature along the coast has been as low as 50* and having this jacket in my bag would have been a great help

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Seattle
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 1-2 a month and the range 3-4 separate times instead of playing
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas for Shoes b/c of fit, but everything else is whatever I find aesthetically pleasing. Nike/UA/Puma/Travis Mathew
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? This forum
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) How restrictive is it. I want it to feel like I am playing in a polo and not feel restricted in my swing.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? An item that will keep me warm in the 40's-50's but isn't super bulky and restrictive
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Ill play all year round, but if I need to give one temp I will say 70
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes to all
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Living in Seattle, we really only have 3 months out of the year when it is not jacket season when we are golfing. It's also usually raining in the fall/winter so a jacket is a necessity. Finding a good jacket is pretty tough to do that wont impact or restrict my swing in any way. Your new jacket really looks like it has good stretch that would allow us as golfers to continue to swing freely w/o feeling restricted. I would love to try it out.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Gainesville, FL
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 10-15
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armour, RLX and vineyard
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Tour players, social media
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and a slimmer, non restrictive fit
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? True waterproofing that lasts in a lighter form
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 80-100 degrees, gets down into the 40s in the winter but currently in the rainy season
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Never
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to:
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. YES!

• Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES!
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. When looking for great outerwear, there seems to be a lot of sacrifices and compromises. If this is something that can solve many of those issues and I can contribute to the wealth of knowledge/some insight to the golfwrx community about how amazing i expect this jacket to be, it would be an honor.

TM SIM | AD-IZ 6

Titleist Tsi2 15* | AD-IZ 7

Cally UW 19* | hzrds rdx black 80

Srixy ZX7 4-pw | Modus120

Cleveland tour racks 50, 56,60 | DG spinners

Spider X/whatevers working

Where are you located? Boston, MA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-5

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas. The shirts and shorts are best fitting for me and functionally better than other brands in my opinion

How do you hear about new golf apparel products? GolfWRX and social media

What outerwear features do you prioritize? Price is a factor but fit and comfort are higher priority.

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that keeps me warm but doesn’t prevent me from making a full swing.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In the fall to winter anywhere from 30-60 degrees[/font]

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, the early morning rounds in late September and October will require a jacket.

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

I started wearing Adidas shirts and shorts within the last year but have not yet tried their outerwear. I’m hoping the Go-Adapt Jacket is the unicorn I’ve been looking for the cold weather fall rounds.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Chicago, IL
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas. Fit, cut, style have always been up my alley.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.) Golfwrx
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit, function
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that moves well and holds up under the elements but isnt too baggy like a full rain jacket usually is. Baggy jackets get in the way of my chipping and putting stroke.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In the fall, 40-50.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I have a full rain jacket, but truthfully hate to play in it. Rain jackets typically get baggy and can get in the way of my chipping and putting stroke as stated above. I recently bought a lighter rain jacket 1/4 zip (not adidas), but it has not held up well in the rain and I am unhappy with the purchase. Am looking for something with good fit and function in the elements without being too baggy.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Concord, NC

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 1-3

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? GolfWRX

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, material and cost

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Comfort and free of movement

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Depends...anywhere from high 50s in the AM hours to low 70s in the PM hours

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Yes, I was selected to review a Taylormade Iron

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes...100%

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket

Love the Adidas brand and the pros that wear the three stripe brand. I fell that Adidas offers and great value for the money. #3Stripe4life!

-Salt Lake City, UT

- I play 7-10 rounds per month

- I play a variety of brands: Adidas, FJ, Puma. I typically select quality gear that will last.

- blogs, forums, social media and TV

-I prioritize by materials first and fit second

- An all weather cardigan that isn’t bulky

-temps range from 50s to mid 90s

-no

- yes I agree.

- Yes

- I would enjoy testing/reviewing the Go-To Adapt Jacket as I would like to do more than shamelessly plug for free gear. Adidas makes quality kit that seems to be often dismissed for other brands. Helping others see the quality with better price point and fashion forward look would be a nice contribution.

[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Callaway GBB Epic 9' w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM SLDR Mini 14' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2] [/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM M2 18' [/size][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]w/ Ozik 70M4[/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TEE EX9 22' Recoil [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Ping i200 5-PW Modus 105[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]TM Ef Spin 50' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cleveland RTX-3 54' & 58' w/ x100[/size][/font][/indent]
[indent=1][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cameron Futura 5W[/size][/font][/indent]

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Louisville, KY
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 3-4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike, FootJoy, Under Armour
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? TV, Ads in my email
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort and Functionality
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In "colder" months 40-50 with wind.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. I haven't but I always thought I would be great at it!
    • quality photos - Yes!
    • full initial review - Yes!
    • continuing participatio - Yes!
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes!

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

I'm a big fan of 1/4 zip's and light weight jackets so I have a lot of experience with the functionality of the various brands. I am not a fair weather golfer, so having the right clothing to help me stay comfortable during a colder morning and still work as the afternoon gets warmer (but usually more wind) would be excellent. I have a 2 weekends in the coming 6 weeks where I will be playing 27 holes and would love to see how this transitions from morning play to afternoon. In addition to the functionality I like to maintain a stylish look on the course even as the temperatures become more unpredictable in the mid west/south and this jacket looks awesome!

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-6 x 18 holes, 4-8 x 9 holes
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Don't have one. The brand is the last thing I look at when selecting apparel.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? promotional e-mails, browsing stores, and GolfWRX (of course).
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) function, fit, comfort, style/color, price
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? One piece to handle a wide range of temps (to avoid the need to keep changing layers as the temp changes.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? average are in the low 40's to low 80's depending on the time of year. Right now, this time of year, normal averages highs are in the mid 60's with average lows in the mid 40's
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. Participated in the 2016 Driver Gear Trials (don't' know if that counts as an "item review"). Other than that, not yet.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Certainly!
  • Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

It's exactly the style of outerwear I prefer to wear, it looks good, the marketing makes the functionality seem very intriguing. The extremely varied conditions up here in NH (particularly in the spring and fall) make finding the right outerwear critical to an enjoyable round, particularly now that an older body doesn't adjust as well to changes in conditions (and colder weather) the way it used to.

• N Kingstown, RI
  • 3-5
  • Adidas and/or FootJoy. Fit and comfort
  • TV/Print Digital
  • Comfort and Fit
  • Versatile and comfortable
  • High 40's - 80's
  • JetSpeed 2013 Trip
  • Absolutely
  • YES
  • Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I am always struggling to find the right balance of fit and comfort of any outerwear layer. It is either not warm enough or too hot. Most pieces are now too tight/restrictive or too bulky. Finding something that is able to be worn in multiple temperature ranges would be great!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Wallkill, NY

• How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-12
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Nike. Seems to be the most versatile brand, but I have always worn Adidas golf shoes.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Golf wrx and visiting company websites
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Comfort, fit and usability
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? complete versatility. Most pieces are too thin, too hot, too restrictive....
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? an "in between" jacket that keeps you protected but cool if needed
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. yes, mainly golf balls from leading manufacturers
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: YES.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. Living in the Northeast, you never know what type of weather you are going to get in the fall. One day its 70 degrees, the next day its raining and chilly. Given the crazy weather this year, I think Adidas has found an immediate niche market which after testing,we all are going to make this jacket a main component of our fall attire. I can see this becoming a huge seller for Adidas.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Peachtree City, GA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas, form and function.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Usually GolfWRX

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.). Comfort fit and function

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Water and wind proof but breathable and more functional.

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Summer +90s Winter 45-50

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No, haven’t had the opportunity.

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Yes.

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes.

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I play Year round golf. In the fall/winter/spring the hardest thing to find is the right outerwear for the weather. This jacket looks like a perfect fit for the conditions we face in Georgia. Cold wet mornings into better afternoons.

• Located on Long Island in Sayville, NY
  • I Play anywhere between 4-6 rounds of golf monthly, less in the winter when you cant feel your hands
  • Honestly a mixture, but mostly under Armour as that is what my family tends to buy
  • I see it first on social media and think "oh that looks nice, have to try it out"
  • Always need something that you don't feel constricted in, but also not baggy to be able to swing
  • I haven't found anything that i can wear for all weather, weather changes on the island alot and it can from sunny and 70 down to 55 rainy with a windchill that hurts in a round during the fall golf season
  • Depends on the time of year, but in the fall its between 50-70
  • I have not had the chance to review any items yet
  • Yes, it would be my pleasure to let other members in this forum know my personal opinion, and answer questions that could help inform them.
  • I will be able to review it many times before the middle of October
  • It would be fun to be able to review a new product from a company such as Adidas, I've always loved the style that they have in the non-crazy color market. I have also never had the chance to review anything and think that something id wear all the time would be a fun experience.

Holly, MI

5 rounds per month

Nike

Tour players/ email

Fit/ comfort

Stretch that is also waterproof

60-70 degrees

No I haven’t reviewed

Yes I can review

Yes I can test

I would like the opportunity to help other golfers in cooler climates find clothing that is functional. I have a hard time finding warm weather clothing for golfing in Michigan fall and early

Spring and this could help others like me.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Detroit, MI
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 6+
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Under Armour, and Adidas lately
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media, Golf WRX, Tour Players
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) FIT! Material quality/durability, Price.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something with perfect fit/comfort yet technology to keep warm when needed.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In Michigan... It can just about be anything! from 50's to 90's! This fall in MI should be in the 50's to 60's for golfing weather...
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No.
    • quality photos Yes
    • full initial review Yes
    • continuing participation Yes
    • ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? YES!!!

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review Adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I would love to test this jacket because we are quickly approaching jacket season here in Michigan. I have been searching for something versatile that will dual purposely keep me warm, but also not be bulky and have negative impact on my swing do to restriction of movement. Based on the information provided in the beginning of this post, it sounds like Adidas has come up with just that; Comfort, warmth, mobility, all while looking sharp! Thanks for the opportunity!

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

• Where are you located? Arlington Texas
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? At least 4
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas and Foot-joy. Reasonably priced and have the best look.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Watching golf each week, seeing the pros play, and going to local golf shops to see whats new.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) The number one thing for me in a jacket, is if i set up to the ball, and the jacket has the weird protruding zipper near the stomach on me, i refuse to wear it. It needs to be light and quiet when you swing.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? As stated above, quiet when you swing, no weird belly pooch when setting up to the ball, and durable.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? It depends, living in Texas it could be 100* one day and 65* the next. All depends on the hour you play really.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No, i have not.
  • If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Participation includes but isn't limited to: Yes, 100%
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes, easy.

[*]Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. For being someone who is very picky about buying new golf clothing, i feel helping review a new product could really help with future products.

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Hermitage, PA

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?20-28

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas or UA. I like the fit and vast array of styles that adidas offers.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Mostly from WRX or emails from golf companies

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.). Fit and comfort is very important since, obviously, you can’t swing a golf club in ill-fitting gear

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something thin, breatheable, but warm

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? Depends on the month, but during fall, probably the mid-50’s

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing adidas Go-To Adapt review thread? Of course!

Participation includes but isn't limited to:

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)? Yes. I’ll get to test it out a number of times!

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket.

The chance to review new gear would be very exciting and a chance to belong to the elite WRX review crew.

Las Vegas, NV

Under Armour, good fabric, comfortable fit, and cool color options.

• How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

GolfWRX and GolfDigest Magazine.

• What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

Reasonable price, comfortable fit that can sweat in, solid colors.

Something that protects against rain but still allows me to swing freely.

60-101 (°F)

No

• Atlanta
  • 3-4
  • Izod and Adidas (I am a life-long Adidas sports guy, starting in the early 1970's, pre-Nike)
  • Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?
  • Style and comfort
  • Warm enough to wear playing in the high 30's but still very roomy/giveable
  • 60's-70's
  • No
  • YES, YES, YES! Be delighted to participate.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no) YES

I love Adidas and proud to show it off in front of Nike people -- friends and otherwise.

I'd write up the features accurately but very likely upbeat and very positive -- assuming I really enjoyed wearing it, which I very likely will.

Have a lot of golf friends, from my days teaching in the 1980's to my fellow writing friends.

Thanks so much for considering me.

SELECTION PROCESS

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

GolfWRX and adidas Golf are looking for 20 GolfWRX members to test the new adidas Go-To Adapt Jacket and participate in a Member Review Thread. Read how to apply below!

ABOUT ADIDAS' NEW Go-To Adapt Jacket

The Go-To Adapt Jacket – available in both a men’s and women’s version – was designed specifically from consumer insights. It’s not always raining or below zero when you’re out on the course. That’s why the Go-To Adapt Jacket was built, to be an everyday option when conditions may not require something more technical. It offers players everything they need in a jacket and nothing they don’t.

The jacket also provides the perfect mixture of heating and cooling to keep players at a comfortable temperature throughout the day. The upper portion of the jacket is polyester to provide players with the breathability they need, while the fleece-lined portion over the midsection keeps players warm.

The Go-To Adapt Jacket is the wear-anytime outwear piece that is designed to specifically be your “go-to” when you need it most.

HOW TO APPLY

• quality photos
    • full initial review

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

SELECTION PROCESS

adidas Golf and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select testers after the application thread is closed. This will go quickly so apply now!

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)?

Salem, SC

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly?

8-10

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why?

Linksoul because I love the fit of their shorts/pants, and Addidas and Peter Millar for shirts due to the styles and performance.

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)?

Ads, in store displays at my club, TOUR players

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.)

Fit, style, durability

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet?

A jacket/pullover that doesn’t bind in the shoulders and wrists during the swing without having to go a size up - too damn baggy!

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area?

I live in the foothills of S.C., so fall through winter it can be anywhere from the 70’s to the 40’s, but mostly in the low 60’s/high 50’s.

Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain.

Not yet

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

Absolutely!

Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

Yes

Finally, we have an essay portion of the application. Please explain why you'd like to review adidas' new Go-To Adapt Jacket. I play a lot in the fall and winter at my club’s courses (7 of them), as well as, with customers all around the country throughout the year. I have yet to find a jacket that I can play in that doesn’t bind and restrict, unless I go up a size (from L to XL) - then I look like I’m wearing a tent. Also, this looks like an ideal jacket that could be worn on or off the course. That’s important to me as I very often go straight from a meeting to a course with my customers. Lastly, I’m always looking for items that I can have logoed with our company logos that I can give to customers and are strong representatives of our brand.

• Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Philadelphia, Pa
  • How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 8-10
  • What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? I generally wear Nike because I like the fit and the simplicity of their gear.
  • How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? All over the place. New brands I mostly find through social media.
  • What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.) Fit (I hate it when movement feels restricted), material, and finally price.
  • What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Something that is both light and somewhat warm. I hate layering so for me the less the better.
  • What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? In the summer 90ish and in the late fall, winter, and early spring 40ish.
  • Have you reviewed items for GolfWRX before? If so, please explain. No I haven't had that chance yet.
    • quality photos
    • full initial review
    • Yes I would gladly participate!

[*]Will you be able to play/test the jacket before the middle of October (yes or no)?

[*]I'd like to review the new Go-To Adapt Jacket because I find outwear to be the most frustrating part of golf gear. In many cases I can't find something that suffices in terms of warmth without sacrificing movement or I can't find something that works for those in-between seasons. Also I generally don't buy a lot of Adidas gear so it would give me a chance to try something new.

• quality photos
    • full initial review

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s 
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

Where are you located (City, State -- U.S. Only Please)? Omaha, NE

How many rounds of golf do you play monthly? 4-6

What’s your golf apparel brand of choice? Why? Adidas pants/shorts, Travis Mathew and Adidas shirts

How do you hear about new golf apparel products (Tour players, social media, TV/print/digital ads, etc.)? Social Media, local brick and mortar store

What outerwear features do you prioritize (comfort, fit, material, price, style, etc.). Fit and comfort are definitely the most important

What do you wish you could find in an outerwear piece but haven’t yet? Proper stretch and warmth without having to layer

What is the average temperature while you are golfing in your area? 40-100

quality photos

full initial review

continuing participation

ongoing feedback through follow-up posts. Yes

I play quite a bit of golf in the fall where it's chilly at tee off and warms a bit by the end of the round. It would be nice to only have to take off one layer as it warms up and I am hoping this is the piece I have been looking for.

TM M6 9 Graphite Design HD 6x
TM M6 15 Graphite Design TP 7x
TM M6 18 Graphite Design VR 8x
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-G Nippon SPO

Mizuno T22 56D, 61X Nippon SPO
Byron Morgan DH89 SSS 350g KBS CT Tour black