2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Oh. That 5280 golf thingy at The Ridge on 10/27. I found out that is when we move the clocks back. That means a 1pm tee time would make it impossible to finish 18.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @"seven dewey" said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > Oh. That 5280 golf thingy at The Ridge on 10/27. I found out that is when we move the clocks back. That means a 1pm tee time would make it impossible to finish 18.

>

> False. It is the weekend after that.

>

Haha. Oops. I also have calendar entries for Sweden. That's when their Daylight Savings ends.

> @"seven dewey" said:

> I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

>

> Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

• Like 1

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @"seven dewey" said:

> > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> >

> > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

>

> Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

**LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should get another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code to use, then we just sit in a virtual line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

_Edit: Pricing is online....._

_Tuesday and Wednesday Practice Days are $60.00 each, plus applicables fees*. The Thursday Practice Day ticket is $130.00 each, plus applicable fees*. On Practice Days, up to two (2) juniors are free with a ticketed adult, and cameras are allowed onsite._

_The competition begins. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Match Day tickets are $185.00 each, plus applicable fees*._

_For the event-long packages, Season Grounds are $805.00 each plus applicable fees*, and the International Pavilion presented by Michelob ULTRA package are $1,350 each plus applicable fees*._

_Ticket services fees range from $15.00-$19.00 per day for grounds admission tickets._

_*All admission costs, ticket service fees, and shipping charges are subject to Wisconsin state sales tax._

Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> @CDM said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > >

> > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> >

> > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

>

> **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

>

> Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> @pseudoswede said:

> Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

Only if your supporting the international team =)

• Like 1

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > >

> > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > >

> > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> >

> > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> >

> > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

>

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

>

> Only if your supporting the international team =)

I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > >

> > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > >

> > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > >

> > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > >

> > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> >

> > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> >

> > Only if your supporting the international team =)

>

> I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

>

> I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

Thats a excellent idea!!! Never thought about planning something to go to the event becuase I forgot I signed up hahaha. I am going to check with a few friends this weekend on interest in going since we can get 4 tickets. _Just need to know given the tickets hit next week._

Given its every 4 years..... be 8 years before its back in the US. Makes it hard to not want to go....

_Edit: Since I am always down to travel for golf I would toss out from my end if there is interest here to something like you noted, then could grab the max 4 tickets for one to two days. Play some rounds and go to see the event_

_CO WRX RYDER CUP_

> @CDM said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > > >

> > > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > > >

> > > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > > >

> > > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> > >

> > > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> > >

> > > Only if your supporting the international team =)

> >

> > I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

> >

> > I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

>

> Thats a excellent idea!!! Never thought about it how it would be planned to go to the event becuase I forgot I signed up hahaha. I am going to check with a few friends this weekend on interest in going since we can get 4 tickets. _Just need to know given the tickets hit next week._

>

> _Edit: Since I am always down to travel for golf I would toss out from my end if there is interest here to something like you noted, then could grab the max 4 tickets for one to two days. Play some rounds and go to see the event_

>

> _CO WRX RYDER CUP_

If you can swing the price of the tickets up front, you should just buy them. I had zero issues selling mine last time around.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > > > >

> > > > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > > > >

> > > > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> > > >

> > > > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > > > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> > > >

> > > > Only if your supporting the international team =)

> > >

> > > I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

> > >

> > > I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

> >

> > Thats a excellent idea!!! Never thought about it how it would be planned to go to the event becuase I forgot I signed up hahaha. I am going to check with a few friends this weekend on interest in going since we can get 4 tickets. _Just need to know given the tickets hit next week._

> >

> > _Edit: Since I am always down to travel for golf I would toss out from my end if there is interest here to something like you noted, then could grab the max 4 tickets for one to two days. Play some rounds and go to see the event_

> >

> > _CO WRX RYDER CUP_

>

> If you can swing the price of the tickets up front, you should just buy them. I had zero issues selling mine last time around.

I can swing the price.... _/as I hide the laptop screen from the wife_

Just have to make sure the wife does not see the CC statement lol

> @CDM said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> > > > >

> > > > > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > > > > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only if your supporting the international team =)

> > > >

> > > > I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

> > > >

> > > > I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

> > >

> > > Thats a excellent idea!!! Never thought about it how it would be planned to go to the event becuase I forgot I signed up hahaha. I am going to check with a few friends this weekend on interest in going since we can get 4 tickets. _Just need to know given the tickets hit next week._

> > >

> > > _Edit: Since I am always down to travel for golf I would toss out from my end if there is interest here to something like you noted, then could grab the max 4 tickets for one to two days. Play some rounds and go to see the event_

> > >

> > > _CO WRX RYDER CUP_

> >

> > If you can swing the price of the tickets up front, you should just buy them. I had zero issues selling mine last time around.

>

>

> I can swing the price.... _/as I hide the laptop screen from the wife_

>

> Just have to make sure the wife does not see the CC statement lol

Lol. I called mine immediately because I'll be in a meeting and she's going to have to buy them for me!

> @CDM said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

>

> Only if your supporting the international team =)

This may or may not be me and my kids at the Solheim Cup at Colorado Golf Club. (And this photo may or may not have been featured on the Ladies European Tour website.)

juljtpvg88yh.png

• Like 1

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @pseudoswede said:

> >

>

> This may or may not be me and my kids at the Solheim Cup at Colorado Golf Club. (And this photo may or may not have been featured on the Ladies European Tour website.)

>

> juljtpvg88yh.png

>

That's pretty neat!

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > >

> > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > >

> > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > >

> > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > >

> > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> >

> > > @pseudoswede said:

> >

>

> I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

>

> I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

I think I remember reading that kids are free with an adult.

Also if you guys go out there, I'd highly recommend playing Lawsonia (the links course). Played there a few weekends ago and it's a fantastic course.

As a fun aside about the Solheim Cup that year. A few days before, I was hitting range balls at Lone Tree Golf Club. I was hitting next to this teenage girl with an incredible swing. A little girl came up to her and started talking to her. She had an accent, and she then said she was competing for Europe in the Junior Solheim Cup at Inverness Golf Club. I went out there the next day to watch for a while. Turns out, her name was Anne van Dam--whom I notice competing in this year's Solheim Cup.

Edited to add: wow, I didn't realize that Bronte Law and Georgia Hall were also on that 2013 team.

> @ASak10 said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > > I ordered a new driver yesterday. Sub Zero Epic Flash. Used a demo during Ryder Cup all weekend and loved it

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only will end up costing me about $30-$40

> > > > >

> > > > > Speaking of Ryder Cup, did anyone else get picked in the lottery and get their email today confirming they can buy tickets next week? THIS GUY DID

> > > >

> > > > **LOL** I was coming here to check the same thing. I got the email today... wondering how random it is but I recieved the email 3:25. So if I read it right we should another email on October 14th by 3:00 PM EDT... that will have a code then we just sit in line on the 16th until you can purchase. Not sure on pricing but pretty sure this is something you have to do ONCE in your life? Also looks like you can buy alot of ticket options..

> > > >

> > > > Has anyone been to a ryder cup??

> > >

> > > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > > Yikes. $1350 to drink Mic Ultra all week? I'll just stay at home.

> > >

> > > Only if your supporting the international team =)

> >

> > I had tickets for it at Hazeltine last go-around in the States, but had to sell them at the last minute because my wife was pregnant and I'd been gone for a while before that. I got Sunday tickets last time, but I might go for the Friday team sessions this time, pick up Thursday practice round tickets, then fly home and watch the Sunday singles on TV. Not sure. I also was planning to road trip it last time and might do the same this time around, stopping in-between to play different courses.

> >

> > I'm hoping my wife doesn't want to come, not because I don't want her around, but because I don't want to pay full price for a toddler (or go to the tournament with a toddler).

>

> I think I remember reading that kids are free with an adult.

>

> Also if you guys go out there, I'd highly recommend playing Lawsonia (the links course). Played there a few weekends ago and it's a fantastic course.

>

>

Kids are free on practice rounds, but not for competition days.

> @CDM said:

> Sweet photo Pseudowede...!

>

> Have two openings, well one for sure as the other player is 50/50 until wife approval for Hyland Hills Gold course this Sunday at 11:10 if anyone wants to join. Supposed to be 65 degrees or was when I looked yesterday.

Hey all, I'm not able to join but I have 1 pass left for Hyland Hills Gold course for 18 w/ Cart for $35. If folks are interested in it, I'll be passing through Denver sometime on Sunday (playing The Ridge on Sunday) and could meet up to sell the pass. Don't think there are restrictions on when this one can be used.

Also, I've still got 4 passes for Legacy Ridge or Walnut Creek for 18 w/Cart for $40 that I'd be willing to sell ($40/pass). These passes are Valid Mon-Fri anytime, but Sat, Sun, and Holidays are valid after 1pm.

I was a little overzealous at the Golf expo this year and not sure I can get down (live up in Fort Collins) to play these before the end of the year and if folks could use them I'd like to sell them.

Reply or PM me if interested and we can arrange times to meet.

> @pseudoswede said:

> As a fun aside about the Solheim Cup that year. A few days before, I was hitting range balls at Lone Tree Golf Club. I was hitting next to this teenage girl with an incredible swing. A little girl came up to her and started talking to her. She had an accent, and she then said she was competing for Europe in the Junior Solheim Cup at Inverness Golf Club. I went out there the next day to watch for a while. Turns out, her name was Anne van Dam--whom I notice competing in this year's Solheim Cup.

>

> Edited to add: wow, I didn't realize that Bronte Law and Georgia Hall were also on that 2013 team.

Anne Van Dam has one of the most pure swings ever. Reminds me of a smoother Adam Scott the way she fires through everything.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I've asked to play from the black tees (7433yds) at TPC Colorado. What could possibly go wrong?

> @pseudoswede said:

> I've asked to play from the black tees (7433yds) at TPC Colorado. What could possibly go wrong?

They’re not THAT much longer than the tips at most other courses when you take into account that a lot of that yardage is the 723(?) yard par 5 followed by the ~250(?) yard par 3. Cut those two down to normal length & it’s like 7200. 18 is a brute from back there but otherwise it’s pretty doable.

Of course I had an unfortunate meeting between my left thumb and a sharp bread knife last night. Cut right through the nail. Thumb hurts like hell, but hopefully it toughens up by tomorrow.