2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Saddleback was an interesting place. Course was okay, not a memorable layout other than the bunkers. The one thing that irked me a bit was they charged a 20% fee on food and drink.

Didn’t play great, but I was glad we got out since it doesn’t appear that we’re going to have any golf weather for the foreseeable future.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @"seven dewey" said:

> Saddleback was an interesting place. Course was okay, not a memorable layout other than the bunkers. The one thing that irked me a bit was they charged a 20% fee on food and drink.

>

> Didn’t play great, but I was glad we got out since it doesn’t appear that we’re going to have any golf weather for the foreseeable future.

That place has gotten a little too proud of themselves lately IMO....I used to play it all the time because up until a few years ago they used to do a “pay your age” deal. That was perfect when I was in my mid 20s. Then that area started really growing and I think they realized they could inflate their rates. It went from being like ~$25 to walk to like $75+(?). It’s a fun track, but there are much better courses in and around Denver for comparable prices.

Also which one of you guys likes the Snell MTB? I found a couple this season and put one in play. The ball was fine tee to green but I couldn’t stand the feel off the putter. FWIW I have the same issue with Titleist balls as well. I just like a softer more muted feel with the putter I guess.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @"seven dewey" said:

> Also which one of you guys likes the Snell MTB? I found a couple this season and put one in play. The ball was fine tee to green but I couldn’t stand the feel off the putter. FWIW I have the same issue with Titleist balls as well. I just like a softer more muted feel with the putter I guess.

I played a couple dozen. Liked them. Prefer the feel of the TP5 and TP5X more on the green but didn't really dislike the Snell personally. Got a couple dozen of the TM for a steal so when these are gone I'll likely go back to the MTBx.

> @"seven dewey" said:

> Also which one of you guys likes the Snell MTB? I found a couple this season and put one in play. The ball was fine tee to green but I couldn’t stand the feel off the putter. FWIW I have the same issue with Titleist balls as well. I just like a softer more muted feel with the putter I guess.

I’ve played the mtb-x most of the season and really enjoy it. Haven’t played with Mtb red or black. I did have 4 shots 100 yards or less this past Saturday to front pins where the ball spun off the green but blaming myself And the golf gods for those.

> @"seven dewey" said:

If this damn snow would melt I'd be able to tell you. I ordered both the MTB-X and the MTB Black but was in Portland the last couple weeks. Hoping I can play before I have to leave next weekend for Orlando/Cayman Islands (I'll certainly not be able to play at either of those places.)

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @"seven dewey" said:

> > Friday/Saturday are shaping up to be good looking golf days

>

> I'm really hoping it's gone Friday. Would love to crank out nine somewhere.

Anyone know if any ranges look like they'll be open tomorrow? Would love to hit a bucket tomorrow.

Also anyone tried Pure Golf in Applewood? They're near my house and offer 24 hour access memberships for indoor practice. May look into Striker Golf to if anyone has info.

Anyone want to sign up for the Tailgate scramble at The Ridge?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @LooperCon said:

> I’ll be home for about a month starting around thanksgiving, and I’ll definitely be looking to get out a couple times (weather permitting ?)...would love to get out with a few of you guys if we can make it work!

I was in your neck of the woods the other day! What's the plan for the entry area to Sheep Ranch? I love that they kept the low-key sign.

> @I_HATE_SNOW said:

> Any one want to buy a course? Spring Valley to be auctioned off.

>

> https://kdvr.com/2019/11/04/18-hole-golf-course-east-of-castle-rock-to-be-auctioned-off/

Very skeptical on this: "the golf course is expected to generate $300,000 in net income this year"

I'm assuming that's with no debt given the family likely repurchased after the previous owner they had sold to for over 3 mill I assume went bankrupt. Figure you probably have some major irrigation system replacement costs within the first 10 years, but if it's really generating 300k net income that's a good investment. The two times I went down to play it on a weekend the tee sheet was nowhere near full, but that was years ago. Nice layout and some interesting holes, but way out in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @LooperCon said:

> > I’ll be home for about a month starting around thanksgiving, and I’ll definitely be looking to get out a couple times (weather permitting ?)...would love to get out with a few of you guys if we can make it work!

>

> I was in your neck of the woods the other day! What's the plan for the entry area to Sheep Ranch? I love that they kept the low-key sign.

How was your vacation?! I know you said you weren’t gonna get out at Bandon; maybe next tine!

I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure they’ll have a road running behind old Mac...and I’d bet they keep the old sign around to pay homage to the OG.

> @LooperCon said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @LooperCon said:

> > > I’ll be home for about a month starting around thanksgiving, and I’ll definitely be looking to get out a couple times (weather permitting ?)...would love to get out with a few of you guys if we can make it work!

> >

> > I was in your neck of the woods the other day! What's the plan for the entry area to Sheep Ranch? I love that they kept the low-key sign.

>

> How was your vacation?! I know you said you weren’t gonna get out at Bandon; maybe next tine!

>

> I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure they’ll have a road running behind old Mac...and I’d bet they keep the old sign around to pay homage to the OG.

It was fantastic. Absolutely gorgeous part of the country, and we were spoiled with the weather being sunny every day. Not to mention it was eight days without our kid...

Love that they're keeping that sign. It was pretty busy up there when we drove down to the beach area (Devil's something, I forget) to check the area out, and I know they're doing preview rounds. I could have sworn I saw a few folks out on one of the hills with a caddy.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > Anyone want to sign up for the Tailgate scramble at The Ridge?

>

> When is it?

>

>

It is on Saturday, 11/16. Long-range weather forecast calls for sun, but a tad on the cold side. No precipitation is forecasted until 11/17, too.

I just realized that I might have an event on that day in downtown. Phooey.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @LooperCon said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @LooperCon said:

> > > > I’ll be home for about a month starting around thanksgiving, and I’ll definitely be looking to get out a couple times (weather permitting ?)...would love to get out with a few of you guys if we can make it work!

> > >

> > > I was in your neck of the woods the other day! What's the plan for the entry area to Sheep Ranch? I love that they kept the low-key sign.

> >

> > How was your vacation?! I know you said you weren’t gonna get out at Bandon; maybe next tine!

> >

> > I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure they’ll have a road running behind old Mac...and I’d bet they keep the old sign around to pay homage to the OG.

>

> It was fantastic. Absolutely gorgeous part of the country, and we were spoiled with the weather being sunny every day. Not to mention it was eight days without our kid...

>

> Love that they're keeping that sign. It was pretty busy up there when we drove down to the beach area (Devil's something, I forget) to check the area out, and I know they're doing preview rounds. I could have sworn I saw a few folks out on one of the hills with a caddy.

You guys definitely got spoiled it in the weather department; it’s been PERFECT out here lately!

You were probably on 7 Devils & your eyes didn’t deceive you - there were definitely caddies & preview rounds going on out there. Caddies were required for all preview play (but I didn’t have any loops out there all month ?). Playing my preview round out there later this week and stoked would be an understatement.

I just got back Monday from 5 days out there and early November continues to be such a great time of the year to go. A little breeze but no rain and very nice temperatures. Slightly chilly high 30s/low 40s in the am warming up by by the third hole each day I was in just a long sleeve and golf shirt (no jacket, beanie, etc.). Highs each day were high 50s or just hitting 60.

@LooperCon We flew in Thursday and probably could have done sheep ranch preview play but the amount of big groups from our flight into North Bend that were headed out that afternoon convinced us just to play Bandon (landed at 1:20 and got to the resort and 18 in before dark). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get your preview play in.

> @007iron said:

> I just got back Monday from 5 days out there and early November continues to be such a great time of the year to go. A little breeze but no rain and very nice temperatures. Slightly chilly high 30s/low 40s in the am warming up by by the third hole each day I was in just a long sleeve and golf shirt (no jacket, beanie, etc.). Highs each day were high 50s or just hitting 60.

>

> @LooperCon We flew in Thursday and probably could have done sheep ranch preview play but the amount of big groups from our flight into North Bend that were headed out that afternoon convinced us just to play Bandon (landed at 1:20 and got to the resort and 18 in before dark). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get your preview play in.

>

>

Weather was spectacular while we were in Oregon. We spent a lot of time in the trees in Northern California, as my wife hadn't seen the redwoods. So we just made a pass by Bandon on our way up the coast. Wind was STIFF the day we were driving through though. Not the worst wind I've ever played in (a round in the UK last winter takes the cake), but definitely 2-3 clubs would have been my guess from standing around for a few minutes in it.

Crazy that you got 18 in after hitting the ground at 1:20! How many times have you been?

I'm regretting not taking my wife up on the offer to let me play. I sent a buddy of mine a picture of the Sheep Ranch sign and all he replied with is "You should have told me. I could have hooked you up."

> @007iron said:

> I just got back Monday from 5 days out there and early November continues to be such a great time of the year to go. A little breeze but no rain and very nice temperatures. Slightly chilly high 30s/low 40s in the am warming up by by the third hole each day I was in just a long sleeve and golf shirt (no jacket, beanie, etc.). Highs each day were high 50s or just hitting 60.

>

> @LooperCon We flew in Thursday and probably could have done sheep ranch preview play but the amount of big groups from our flight into North Bend that were headed out that afternoon convinced us just to play Bandon (landed at 1:20 and got to the resort and 18 in before dark). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get your preview play in.

>

>

Got out on Sheep Ranch for the first time yesterday and all I can say is WOW. It’s going to be the best course on property for sure - the views are ridiculous. The preview 9 is mostly along the cliffs, so we got a good look at the majority of the ocean holes, and they’re spectacular. The greens are wild & undulating; very old Mac-sequel, and the lack of (sand)bunkers is a cool change of pace....I’ll be interested to see how they treat em (grow em out thick vs light & fluffy?). With all that said, I don’t think my favorite hole out there will even be on the ocean....there’s a par 5 headed back inland toward the forest (#11 maybe?) that looks fvcking AWESOME. They’re just starting to seed it, but it was definitely the hole that caught my eye the most.

This tee shot is probably the coolest I’ve ever played-

gv8yhiygx5e0.jpeg

• Like 2

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @007iron said:

> > I just got back Monday from 5 days out there and early November continues to be such a great time of the year to go. A little breeze but no rain and very nice temperatures. Slightly chilly high 30s/low 40s in the am warming up by by the third hole each day I was in just a long sleeve and golf shirt (no jacket, beanie, etc.). Highs each day were high 50s or just hitting 60.

> >

> > @LooperCon We flew in Thursday and probably could have done sheep ranch preview play but the amount of big groups from our flight into North Bend that were headed out that afternoon convinced us just to play Bandon (landed at 1:20 and got to the resort and 18 in before dark). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get your preview play in.

> >

> >

>

> Weather was spectacular while we were in Oregon. We spent a lot of time in the trees in Northern California, as my wife hadn't seen the redwoods. So we just made a pass by Bandon on our way up the coast. Wind was STIFF the day we were driving through though. Not the worst wind I've ever played in (a round in the UK last winter takes the cake), but definitely 2-3 clubs would have been my guess from standing around for a few minutes in it.

>

> **Crazy that you got 18 in after hitting the ground at 1:20! How many times have you been?

> **

> I'm regretting not taking my wife up on the offer to let me play. I sent a buddy of mine a picture of the Sheep Ranch sign and all he replied with is "You should have told me. I could have hooked you up."

>

>

It was pretty dark when we finished but yeah - the afternoons are great this time of the year as typically at least one course is wide open and you can fly around.

This was my 6th trip in the last 5 years. I love the place. After my first trip I made my brother go and he's been looping up there since 2016.

A nice touch this trip was a little check-in gift; a leather BD logo'd coin/key/random stuff bin to put on your dresser or entry table. Nice that they keep tabs and reward long time visitors. I played a round once with guys who were on their 18th year and they said they had a nice haul in their room when they arrived with some nice scotch and logo'd merchandise, etc.

Enjoy the weather today, gents! Yesterday was absolutely perfect so I ignored the doctor's orders and played Murphy. Shot 81 with some absolutely atrocious putting (season tying high 38 putts). FOUR 3-putts, though I'll admit my wedges were to blame for most of that. My game inside 115 yards needs some serious help.

Course is in great shape right now though.

• Like 1

> @007iron said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @007iron said:

> > > I just got back Monday from 5 days out there and early November continues to be such a great time of the year to go. A little breeze but no rain and very nice temperatures. Slightly chilly high 30s/low 40s in the am warming up by by the third hole each day I was in just a long sleeve and golf shirt (no jacket, beanie, etc.). Highs each day were high 50s or just hitting 60.

> > >

> > > @LooperCon We flew in Thursday and probably could have done sheep ranch preview play but the amount of big groups from our flight into North Bend that were headed out that afternoon convinced us just to play Bandon (landed at 1:20 and got to the resort and 18 in before dark). You'll have to post your thoughts when you get your preview play in.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Weather was spectacular while we were in Oregon. We spent a lot of time in the trees in Northern California, as my wife hadn't seen the redwoods. So we just made a pass by Bandon on our way up the coast. Wind was STIFF the day we were driving through though. Not the worst wind I've ever played in (a round in the UK last winter takes the cake), but definitely 2-3 clubs would have been my guess from standing around for a few minutes in it.

> >

> > **Crazy that you got 18 in after hitting the ground at 1:20! How many times have you been?

> > **

> > I'm regretting not taking my wife up on the offer to let me play. I sent a buddy of mine a picture of the Sheep Ranch sign and all he replied with is "You should have told me. I could have hooked you up."

> >

> >

>

> It was pretty dark when we finished but yeah - the afternoons are great this time of the year as typically at least one course is wide open and you can fly around.

>

> This was my 6th trip in the last 5 years. I love the place. After my first trip I made my brother go and he's been looping up there since 2016.

>

> A nice touch this trip was a little check-in gift; a leather BD logo'd coin/key/random stuff bin to put on your dresser or entry table. Nice that they keep tabs and reward long time visitors. I played a round once with guys who were on their 18th year and they said they had a nice haul in their room when they arrived with some nice scotch and logo'd merchandise, etc.

>

>

Super cool. Love when a place that big can still recognize what got them there and make you feel a little special. Do other places go that extra mile? I'm thinking places like Prairie Club or somewhere like that.

I wish I could justify the price, but it's pretty much going to be December/January golf for me if I'm ever to play there. Though I've read enough about the weather that it seems like those times can be better than the summer sometimes.

Finally got out after about a month's hiatus from the game due to vacation and injury. Grabbed a 110pm tee time Saturday at Heritage Eagle Bend. Couldn't ask for better weather for the day! I wasn't sure we'd finish given how late we started but felt confident we'd get 16 or 17 in with no problem. They started us off on number 10 for some reason, but no big deal, I like that hole for a start. I didn't warm up at the range, just the bar and just rolled a few putts beforehand - I think this is the key to my game :lol:

Sorry this is long...Gonna go hole by hole cause this was a fun round for me, so feel free to skip to the end :)

Hole #1 (started on 10) - Smoked a hybrid nearly 260yds off the tee box and was afraid it was going in the bunkers since it hit it so good. Fortunately, it came up short of them, leaving me with ~110yds in. Put my approach to about 6-7 feet pin high, and rolled it in. Nice way to start...could be one of those days where everything goes well and you have to quit early because I didn't bring any glowballs!

Hole #2 - Nice par 5 that can roll a long way if you catch the hill on the fairway. I pulled mine left in the rough but still left me with a chance to go for two, which came up just short. Weak up, unfortunately, then two-putt. Ok, still 1-under. Off to the par 3.

Hole #3 - It was playing 187yds and left was dead. I had a high baby draw (oops) that appeared to just catch the edge of the rough before the gulley, but alas I couldn't find it. Made a great chip and managed to save bogey - back to even. Looking back, I had a mental lapse in play with my aim point, oh well.

Hole #4 - It's uphill, dogleg left with bunkers along the left side of the fairway. I took a more aggressive line and clipped the very top of the mound of one of the bunkers and of course rolled back in. I didn't need more than another yard, if that, to clear and would have been perfect. Oh well. I thought I hit a perfect shot out of the bunker but it just came up short. Chip up, and 2-putt for another bogey. +1 thru 4

Hole #5 - Another fun par 5 that is easily gotten there in 2 particularly with a great drive. I SMOKED a drive, caught the hill and was left with 118yds left!!! Put my approach to 4ft for eagle, which I actually made lol! -1 thru 5!

Hole #6 - Another longer par 3, playing around 183yds or thereabouts. Pulled my tee shot again, missing the left side of the green, but got up and down for par.

Hole #7 - Not a super long hole, but a good drive is important here. The fairway isn't straight on from the tee box, protected by a couple of fairway bunkers, and the native runs the entire side of the hole. I put another great drive out with my 4w, avoiding all bunkers leaving me with 100yds. I put my approach slightly long and left, but I could still putt it through the fringe. Had a bad putt from there, then 2-putted for bogey. Even thru 7. Still pretty stoked about this round.

Hole #8 - Downhill par 4 with a bunker on left side of the fairway. Put a perfect 300+ yard drive out there past the bunker on the right side of the fairway, leaving me with ~115-120yds in. Left it to 10ft and just missed the putt.

Hole #9 - Another challenging uphill, dogleg left with a bunch of bunkers around it and at the end of the split fairway. Left the drive in the back and hit a nice 240yd shot to the middle of the fairway. It left me roughly 143yds to the pin. I thought I hit a good shot, but it came up 20-25ft short. It was a really tough pin placement running along a ridge. I was nervous but put my first putt 2 feet away. I was absolutely stoked as I think I just turned with a 36!!!! But alas, I missed the freakin putt :rage: It dove hard on me at the last second. Oh well, a 37 is a hell of a start.

Hole #10 - still kind of upset over the last hole, but this hole is straight forward - slightly uphill par 4, but I wasn't thinking clearly and took a bad line, which I pulled and again just caught the top of the bunker and rolled back in. Emotions were getting the best of me at that point and I chunked it out, then chip up and 2-putt for bogey. +2. Grrr, pull it back together!

Hole #11 - We caught a group...f**K!!! And they appear to be taking their sweet time with no one in sight in front of them. Slow play is not good for my game - we tailed them and waited on every shot until they finally disappeared later in the round. Anyway, this is another gettable par 5 with a decent drive. Unfortunately, I pulled it hard left and found the rough. I still had a shot though, but waited forever for the green to clear...what are these people doing??? So of course, I don't catch my 4w clean, but still leaves me with 100yds left (thankfully it's a par 5). Get up and 2-putt for par. +2

Hole #12 - Another par 3, playing 178yd with a bit of wind in the face. I forgot about this hole, and knew long was dead, but forgot left was dead too (the GPS didn't really show this). I took out my 7i, thinking there would be enough wind to hold it enough to not go long. Unfortunately, I had too much draw and went into the junk for another lost ball. I was really surprised I couldn't find it. Dropped at the red stake, and get up and down for a bogey. 2nd lost ball on par 3's....very uncharacteristic of my game. +3

Hole #13 - This is an intimidating hole with water running on the right-hand side starting around 220yds or so. Fortunately, I put a decent shot with my 4w just in the rough just off the fairway on the left. Hit the green, 2-putt for par. +3

Hole #14 - Straight forward par 4 with undulating fairways and rough and kind of narrow. I put yet another great drive in the middle of the fairway leaving myself 100yds in. I hit it slightly thin and left it right, grrr. Had a decent chip but missed the putt. Now I'm at +4. Still ok...breathe.

Hole #15 - A longer par 5 up hill. A great drive will give you a shot to go at it in two. Mine was ok, but in the right rough. I had 240yds in, so I thought I'd give it a go. There was a fenceline along the right-hand side that I'd essentially have to follow which is a bit unnerving, and the ball was probably 8-10" above my feet. My aim point was right along the fence with a hope that it would draw back slightly onto the green since it was so far above my feet. Of course, it went straight and I was nervous I lost another ball. Fortunately, it opened up just by the green and was pin high about 10yds away. Chipped up and 2-putted for par (almost made bird). Still at +4...starting to get a bit nervous

Hole #16 - The last par 3, playing about 162yds. I knew long was no good, so I pulled a 9i, and left it 20ft short of the pin. Got lucky and sunk a beautiful putt for birdie! +3. Now I'm really nervous lol.

Hole #17 - Looks like the group in front of us decided to bounce, so there is a chance we'll finish with no issue and decent light! Slight dogleg left with bunker on right hand of the fairway about 250yds away. I pulled a 4w, again super nervous and duff the ball into the native about 125yds out...Oh no! I have a decent lie and about 235yds to the green, but it's protected with bunkers so I decide to play it smart. Still nervous, I put a pitching wedge out to the middle of the fairway (phew no shank haha), and leave myself with 120yds in. Again, try to keep my cool and not think about anything and throw something on the green about 15ft away. I make a great putt, but it sits just outside the cup. I'll take my medicine and walk away with a bogey. +4

Hole #18 - My nerves have calmed for some reason. I'm on the brink of shooting my best round, and this hole can be daunting. Uphill, runs away to the right, with a huge, long bunker running probably 75-90yds. Line and distance are so important here so you don't find the bunker. I elect to play a bit of a safer shot and shoot left of the bunker with my 4w and find myself on the left side of the fairway in a perfect spot leaving me with 145yds in. Trying to be confident and not think about it, I put a very confident swing that I feel like should be in a great spot since I can't see the surface of the green. We roll up, and I have 4 feet left for birdie! Naturally, I leave it on the lip, but I'm not complaing at all.

Shot a 37/39 for a 76! Best round I've had, so I'm ecstatic! Obviously, I wish I could have my putt back on 9 and not lost two balls, but I'm not complaining at all. I proved to myself that I can go low. I drove the ball well, my approach shots were great, and my putter was solid. I hit 7/14 fairways, but never was really in a bad position and most of them were still long. I hit 10/18 greens, and got up and down 4/8 times. Lastly, I had 30 putts. Pretty d@mn good day where everything seemed to click.

Now time to hang them up for the season barring the few nice days here and there :(

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @thaar said:

> Finally got out after about a month's hiatus from the game due to vacation and injury. Grabbed a 110pm tee time Saturday at Heritage Eagle Bend. Couldn't ask for better weather for the day! I wasn't sure we'd finish given how late we started but felt confident we'd get 16 or 17 in with no problem. They started us off on number 10 for some reason, but no big deal, I like that hole for a start. I didn't warm up at the range, just the bar and just rolled a few putts beforehand - I think this is the key to my game :lol:

>

> Sorry this is long...Gonna go hole by hole cause this was a fun round for me, so feel free to skip to the end :)

>

> Hole #1 (started on 10) - Smoked a hybrid nearly 260yds off the tee box and was afraid it was going in the bunkers since it hit it so good. Fortunately, it came up short of them, leaving me with ~110yds in. Put my approach to about 6-7 feet pin high, and rolled it in. Nice way to start...could be one of those days where everything goes well and you have to quit early because I didn't bring any glowballs!

>

> Hole #2 - Nice par 5 that can roll a long way if you catch the hill on the fairway. I pulled mine left in the rough but still left me with a chance to go for two, which came up just short. Weak up, unfortunately, then two-putt. Ok, still 1-under. Off to the par 3.

>

> Hole #3 - It was playing 187yds and left was dead. I had a high baby draw (oops) that appeared to just catch the edge of the rough before the gulley, but alas I couldn't find it. Made a great chip and managed to save bogey - back to even. Looking back, I had a mental lapse in play with my aim point, oh well.

>

> Hole #4 - It's uphill, dogleg left with bunkers along the left side of the fairway. I took a more aggressive line and clipped the very top of the mound of one of the bunkers and of course rolled back in. I didn't need more than another yard, if that, to clear and would have been perfect. Oh well. I thought I hit a perfect shot out of the bunker but it just came up short. Chip up, and 2-putt for another bogey. +1 thru 4

>

> Hole #5 - Another fun par 5 that is easily gotten there in 2 particularly with a great drive. I SMOKED a drive, caught the hill and was left with 118yds left!!! Put my approach to 4ft for eagle, which I actually made lol! -1 thru 5!

>

> Hole #6 - Another longer par 3, playing around 183yds or thereabouts. Pulled my tee shot again, missing the left side of the green, but got up and down for par.

>

> Hole #7 - Not a super long hole, but a good drive is important here. The fairway isn't straight on from the tee box, protected by a couple of fairway bunkers, and the native runs the entire side of the hole. I put another great drive out with my 4w, avoiding all bunkers leaving me with 100yds. I put my approach slightly long and left, but I could still putt it through the fringe. Had a bad putt from there, then 2-putted for bogey. Even thru 7. Still pretty stoked about this round.

>

> Hole #8 - Downhill par 4 with a bunker on left side of the fairway. Put a perfect 300+ yard drive out there past the bunker on the right side of the fairway, leaving me with ~115-120yds in. Left it to 10ft and just missed the putt.

>

> Hole #9 - Another challenging uphill, dogleg left with a bunch of bunkers around it and at the end of the split fairway. Left the drive in the back and hit a nice 240yd shot to the middle of the fairway. It left me roughly 143yds to the pin. I thought I hit a good shot, but it came up 20-25ft short. It was a really tough pin placement running along a ridge. I was nervous but put my first putt 2 feet away. I was absolutely stoked as I think I just turned with a 36!!!! But alas, I missed the freakin putt :rage: It dove hard on me at the last second. Oh well, a 37 is a **** of a start.

>

> Hole #10 - still kind of upset over the last hole, but this hole is straight forward - slightly uphill par 4, but I wasn't thinking clearly and took a bad line, which I pulled and again just caught the top of the bunker and rolled back in. Emotions were getting the best of me at that point and I chunked it out, then chip up and 2-putt for bogey. +2. Grrr, pull it back together!

>

> Hole #11 - We caught a group...f**K!!! And they appear to be taking their sweet time with no one in sight in front of them. Slow play is not good for my game - we tailed them and waited on every shot until they finally disappeared later in the round. Anyway, this is another gettable par 5 with a decent drive. Unfortunately, I pulled it hard left and found the rough. I still had a shot though, but waited forever for the green to clear...what are these people doing??? So of course, I don't catch my 4w clean, but still leaves me with 100yds left (thankfully it's a par 5). Get up and 2-putt for par. +2

>

> Hole #12 - Another par 3, playing 178yd with a bit of wind in the face. I forgot about this hole, and knew long was dead, but forgot left was dead too (the GPS didn't really show this). I took out my 7i, thinking there would be enough wind to hold it enough to not go long. Unfortunately, I had too much draw and went into the junk for another lost ball. I was really surprised I couldn't find it. Dropped at the red stake, and get up and down for a bogey. 2nd lost ball on par 3's....very uncharacteristic of my game. +3

>

> Hole #13 - This is an intimidating hole with water running on the right-hand side starting around 220yds or so. Fortunately, I put a decent shot with my 4w just in the rough just off the fairway on the left. Hit the green, 2-putt for par. +3

>

> Hole #14 - Straight forward par 4 with undulating fairways and rough and kind of narrow. I put yet another great drive in the middle of the fairway leaving myself 100yds in. I hit it slightly thin and left it right, grrr. Had a decent chip but missed the putt. Now I'm at +4. Still ok...breathe.

>

> Hole #15 - A longer par 5 up hill. A great drive will give you a shot to go at it in two. Mine was ok, but in the right rough. I had 240yds in, so I thought I'd give it a go. There was a fenceline along the right-hand side that I'd essentially have to follow which is a bit unnerving, and the ball was probably 8-10" above my feet. My aim point was right along the fence with a hope that it would draw back slightly onto the green since it was so far above my feet. Of course, it went straight and I was nervous I lost another ball. Fortunately, it opened up just by the green and was pin high about 10yds away. Chipped up and 2-putted for par (almost made bird). Still at +4...starting to get a bit nervous

>

> Hole #16 - The last par 3, playing about 162yds. I knew long was no good, so I pulled a 9i, and left it 20ft short of the pin. Got lucky and sunk a beautiful putt for birdie! +3. Now I'm really nervous lol.

>

> Hole #17 - Looks like the group in front of us decided to bounce, so there is a chance we'll finish with no issue and decent light! Slight dogleg left with bunker on right hand of the fairway about 250yds away. I pulled a 4w, again super nervous and duff the ball into the native about 125yds out...Oh no! I have a decent lie and about 235yds to the green, but it's protected with bunkers so I decide to play it smart. Still nervous, I put a pitching wedge out to the middle of the fairway (phew no shank haha), and leave myself with 120yds in. Again, try to keep my cool and not think about anything and throw something on the green about 15ft away. I make a great putt, but it sits just outside the cup. I'll take my medicine and walk away with a bogey. +4

>

> Hole #18 - My nerves have calmed for some reason. I'm on the brink of shooting my best round, and this hole can be daunting. Uphill, runs away to the right, with a huge, long bunker running probably 75-90yds. Line and distance are so important here so you don't find the bunker. I elect to play a bit of a safer shot and shoot left of the bunker with my 4w and find myself on the left side of the fairway in a perfect spot leaving me with 145yds in. Trying to be confident and not think about it, I put a very confident swing that I feel like should be in a great spot since I can't see the surface of the green. We roll up, and I have 4 feet left for birdie! Naturally, I leave it on the lip, but I'm not complaing at all.

>

> Shot a 37/39 for a 76! Best round I've had, so I'm ecstatic! Obviously, I wish I could have my putt back on 9 and not lost two balls, but I'm not complaining at all. I proved to myself that I can go low. I drove the ball well, my approach shots were great, and my putter was solid. I hit 7/14 fairways, but never was really in a bad position and most of them were still long. I hit 10/18 greens, and got up and down 4/8 times. Lastly, I had 30 putts. Pretty d@mn good day where everything seemed to click.

>

> Now time to hang them up for the season barring the few nice days here and there :(

>

Awesome round, Tim. Congratulations!