2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

> @LooperCon said:

> Hope everyone had a good summer! Figured I’d stop in and share a couple sneak peaks of the progress at sheep ranch :)

>

> 8lcsl2xtdmxp.png

> m3rrsjcajcga.png

> g5831uomi6jp.png

>

When will it be open next year? Also do you plan on working there next year as I am looking at booking a trip there.....finally..!!

_EDIT: That last photo almost looks like Cabot_

> @TheKrushh said:

> Don't like this new format. Find myself perusing this website less and less. Wildhorse was sick, we had a great time, great weather, and great golf. It is becoming one of my favorite places on the planet.

Digging through my bag yesterday at Racoon Creek I found the score card for Wildhorse. Hard to explain how good a course it really is.

> @CDM said:

> > @LooperCon said:

> > Hope everyone had a good summer! Figured I’d stop in and share a couple sneak peaks of the progress at sheep ranch :)

> >

> > 8lcsl2xtdmxp.png

> > m3rrsjcajcga.png

> > g5831uomi6jp.png

> >

>

> When will it be open next year? Also do you plan on working there next year as I am looking at booking a trip there.....finally..!!

>

> _EDIT: That last photo almost looks like Cabot_

June 2020 I believe. I'm headed there end of October and hoping to check out any preview play available. If not I'll be out there for the US Am next summer and will definitely get a round or two on the Sheep Ranch.

> @LooperCon said:

> Hope everyone had a good summer! Figured I’d stop in and share a couple sneak peaks of the progress at sheep ranch :)

>

> 8lcsl2xtdmxp.png

> m3rrsjcajcga.png

> g5831uomi6jp.png

>

We're planning a trip for late 2020. Can't wait! Looks awesome....

• Like 1
Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I too share the sentiment of this site not being what it used to. Bring back the old format already! (Get off my lawn while you are at it)

Haven’t posted in forever, but finally after 30 years of golfing I broke par for 18 holes. Shot -2 despite 3 putting #17 to beat our defending club champion by a shot. Also put me in the #1 Ryder Cup captain spot this year. Oh and then went on to win the couples league championship later that same day. Made so many putts that day, had to be 200ft over the 36 holes. It was one of those days that make you remember why we play this stupid game.

But enough about how great I am.. ;)

Last night at bowling I met the Joel of bowling. This guy, when he was on made the pins explode. I’ve never seen that kind of ball speed in a beer league. He hit 28mph on one of his spare balls. It was fun to watch in the same way it is to watch Joel hit driver.

Off to Applewood for a goofy scramble today followed by Incubus at the Fillmore and back to the Links for a drunken scramble tomorrow. I might be dead by Sunday. If the Bears lose to the Broncos I’ll probably wish I was.

• Like 1
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @CDM said:

> Not seeing that happen. The Broncos made Carr look so good thinking I need to start him FF. =)

You're not an FF Baller until you auto-draft Andrew Luck. Two weeks ago. Like I did. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @CDM said:

> > @LooperCon said:

> > Hope everyone had a good summer! Figured I’d stop in and share a couple sneak peaks of the progress at sheep ranch :)

> >

> > 8lcsl2xtdmxp.png

> > m3rrsjcajcga.png

> > g5831uomi6jp.png

> >

>

> When will it be open next year? Also do you plan on working there next year as I am looking at booking a trip there.....finally..!!

>

> _EDIT: That last photo almost looks like Cabot_

Right?! The green out on that point looks super Cabot-esque! It’s actually gonna be a shared green with what I’ve heard will be a 1 acre green complex ?

Not sure on the opening date (I haven’t heard anything official yet), but I’d bet on May. I’ll definitely be here, so let me know if you need someone on your bag/have any questions leading up to the trip!

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @CDM said:

> > Not seeing that happen. The Broncos made Carr look so good thinking I need to start him FF. =)

>

> You're not an FF Baller until you auto-draft Andrew Luck. Two weeks ago. Like I did. Just sayin'.

>

You & me both amigo....now I’m left with jameis Winston and every questionable decision he’ll make this year....and there will be many.

• Like 1

> @LooperCon said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @LooperCon said:

> > > Hope everyone had a good summer! Figured I’d stop in and share a couple sneak peaks of the progress at sheep ranch :)

> > >

> > > 8lcsl2xtdmxp.png

> > > m3rrsjcajcga.png

> > > g5831uomi6jp.png

> > >

> >

> > When will it be open next year? Also do you plan on working there next year as I am looking at booking a trip there.....finally..!!

> >

> > _EDIT: That last photo almost looks like Cabot_

>

> Right?! The green out on that point looks super Cabot-esque! It’s actually gonna be a shared green with what I’ve heard will be a 1 acre green complex ?

>

> Not sure on the opening date (I haven’t heard anything official yet), but I’d bet on May. I’ll definitely be here, so let me know if you need someone on your bag/have any questions leading up to the trip!

Excellent. Will shot you a PM

• Like 1

Golf league event at The Raven at Three Peaks yesterday. The greens were in pretty good shape, but really difficult to read and gauge speed. The rest of the course was pretty awful. The practice range was small and lacked any grass (and the range balls were caked with mud), the practice green was half-mown, punched tee boxes, missing tee markers (twice only one on the box), and most of the fairways were quite soggy (like walking on wet memory foam). #7 had heavy equipment on it with a small sign saying that it's temporarily a par 3; and they dropped four tee markers (one of each color) in this random bare patch of ground about 120 yds from the green.

And, for some odd reason, we played from the senior (copper) tees, which is 5900 yds. I think I only took out my driver three times. Even from there, we all struggled. I shot 80 and placed 2nd gross & net in the A flight. I brought my dad up there for his Father's Day gift. He placed 2nd net in the B flight, and we won the twosome and foursome bets. All in all, a good, fun day.

Food service at the clubhouse was super slow. It took 15 minutes to get to-go breakfast burritos. They were so short-staffed, and the clubhouse was packed with geriatric snowbirds for one last dance party, that the servers said after our round the kitchen wouldn't be able to handle us for food, and we'd have to get drinks directly from the bar. Because of that, my dad and I left to go find food elsewhere. Sauce on the Blue in Silverthorne is an amazing Italian restaurant. The place was packed on a Sunday evening.

Anyone else do a double-take on Colorado Avid Golfer's latest issue and wonder why Jacob was featured on the cover?

1imnb85w70on.png

:lol:

$52.80 golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines on Sunday, October 27. Includes golf, cart, range balls, yardage book, and divot tool. I would try to get a tee time as close to 1pm as possible. Broncos have a 2:25pm away game, so it should be somewhat easier to get a tee time.

Anyone interested?

(They also have their Oktoberfest event the weekend before. $300/foursome, but I think I'd rather do the $52.80 deal.)

Remaining events there (but no details on their website)...

IRONMAN - FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8TH - 2 PERSON SCRAMBLE

TAI LGATE - SATURDAY NOVEMBER 16TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

TURKEY TROT - SUNDAY NOVEMBER 24TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

BLACK FRIDAY - FRIDAY NOVEMBER 29TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

> @pseudoswede said:

> $52.80 golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines on Sunday, October 27. Includes golf, cart, range balls, yardage book, and divot tool. I would try to get a tee time as close to 1pm as possible. Broncos have a 2:25pm away game, so it should be somewhat easier to get a tee time.

>

> Anyone interested?

>

> (They also have their Oktoberfest event the weekend before. $300/foursome, but I think I'd rather do the $52.80 deal.)

>

> Remaining events there (but no details on their website)...

> IRONMAN - FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8TH - 2 PERSON SCRAMBLE

> TAI LGATE - SATURDAY NOVEMBER 16TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

> TURKEY TROT - SUNDAY NOVEMBER 24TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

> BLACK FRIDAY - FRIDAY NOVEMBER 29TH - 4 PERSON SCRAMBLE

I am down. Have not played it all year.

Edit: Should of noted for 10/27.... I could make some the others if you need someone. Seem to do well in scrambles....sadly LOL

@pseudoswede said:

> Golf league event at The Raven at Three Peaks yesterday. The greens were in pretty good shape, but really difficult to read and gauge speed. The rest of the course was pretty awful. The practice range was small and lacked any grass (and the range balls were caked with mud), the practice green was half-mown, punched tee boxes, missing tee markers (twice only one on the box), and most of the fairways were quite soggy (like walking on wet memory foam). #7 had heavy equipment on it with a small sign saying that it's temporarily a par 3; and they dropped four tee markers (one of each color) in this random bare patch of ground about 120 yds from the green.

I had heard conditions at the Raven were horrible this year from multiple people the last few months. Sounds like they at least got the greens in better shape.

> @pseudoswede said:

> $52.80 golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines on Sunday, October 27. Includes golf, cart, range balls, yardage book, and divot tool. I would try to get a tee time as close to 1pm as possible. Broncos have a 2:25pm away game, so it should be somewhat easier to get a tee time.

>

> Anyone interested?

I'll play. Hopefully no snow. I've had at least five late season rounds there over the years where I was aiming at a 10 foot wide strip of fairway on 13.

> @pseudoswede said:

>

> Anyone interested?

>

> (They also have their Oktoberfest event the weekend before. $300/foursome, but I think I'd rather do the $52.80 deal.)

>

You can count me in for either the Turkey Trot or Black Friday scramble. Today may have been the last golf I play until then though...

Shot 79 at Murphy today. Either my yardages are way, way off, there was far more wind than I realized, or I just hulked out today, but I airmailed the green on #2 with a 5 iron by a good 40 yards. I proceeded to do the same off the tee on #5, but this time by, I promise you, 60 yards. I had to have hit a dry spot on top of the hill or something, but I was absolutely shocked. The only other thing I can figure is my rangefinder just gave me the wrong number or the prairie dogs grabbed the ball and took it OB behind the cattle fence.

I missed birdie putts on 7 and 8 but made an eagle putt on 9, then remained largely mediocre through most of the back. Made birdie on #16 (which I've never done), missed a birdie putt on #17, and then after seeing no one on the course the entire time out, had a guy hit into me on the last fairway. Needless to say, I was not happy, felt rushed, and pushed my shot into the bunker to ruin what would have made a nice little run to finish up. :neutral:

> @pseudoswede said:

>

> Anyone interested?

>

>

I'm in for the 10/27 and any of the 4 person scrambles (at least until the ground freezes!). I played in the Black Friday event last season and the fairways were bouncing like you hit the cart path. :open_mouth:

Just to level-set for The Ridge 5280 thingy. You have to book online 7 days in advance using the promo code 5280. Not sure when on 10/20 it's open, but I will experiment. Of course, I also have to remember to be online to book it when I need to. I have no idea whether this needs to be pre-paid or not.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> Shot 79 at Murphy today. Either my yardages are way, way off, there was far more wind than I realized, or I just hulked out today, but I airmailed the green on #2 with a 5 iron by a good 40 yards. I proceeded to do the same off the tee on #5, but this time by, I promise you, 60 yards. I had to have hit a dry spot on top of the hill or something, but I was absolutely shocked. The only other thing I can figure is my rangefinder just gave me the wrong number or the prairie dogs grabbed the ball and took it OB behind the cattle fence.

>

> I missed birdie putts on 7 and 8 but made an eagle putt on 9, then remained largely mediocre through most of the back. Made birdie on #16 (which I've never done), missed a birdie putt on #17, and then after seeing no one on the course the entire time out, had a guy hit into me on the last fairway. Needless to say, I was not happy, felt rushed, and pushed my shot into the bunker to ruin what would have made a nice little run to finish up. :neutral:

So the geens still good (smooth/firm) and fairways pretty fast? When played a few weeks ago there it was looking like it could be firm/fast by now.

> @pseudoswede said:

> Just to level-set for The Ridge 5280 thingy. You have to book online 7 days in advance using the promo code 5280. Not sure when on 10/20 it's open, but I will experiment. Of course, I also have to remember to be online to book it when I need to. I have no idea whether this needs to be pre-paid or not.

Let me know if you have to pre pay. Our office in Lone Tree and if your in the area.

> @CDM said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > Shot 79 at Murphy today. Either my yardages are way, way off, there was far more wind than I realized, or I just hulked out today, but I airmailed the green on #2 with a 5 iron by a good 40 yards. I proceeded to do the same off the tee on #5, but this time by, I promise you, 60 yards. I had to have hit a dry spot on top of the hill or something, but I was absolutely shocked. The only other thing I can figure is my rangefinder just gave me the wrong number or the prairie dogs grabbed the ball and took it OB behind the cattle fence.

> >

> > I missed birdie putts on 7 and 8 but made an eagle putt on 9, then remained largely mediocre through most of the back. Made birdie on #16 (which I've never done), missed a birdie putt on #17, and then after seeing no one on the course the entire time out, had a guy hit into me on the last fairway. Needless to say, I was not happy, felt rushed, and pushed my shot into the bunker to ruin what would have made a nice little run to finish up. :neutral:

>

> So the geens still good (smooth/firm) and fairways pretty fast? When played a few weeks ago there it was looking like it could be firm/fast by now.

You know, I actually felt like some of the course was softer than I expected. The greens were rolling pretty nice though. Shame my putting has disappeared.

Does anyone use BoxGroove for the courses around here? If so, what courses and what is the average green fee? I'm also guessing that it's impossible to get weekend tee times unless it's like an hour before sunset?

> @pseudoswede said:

> Does anyone use BoxGroove for the courses around here? If so, what courses and what is the average green fee? I'm also guessing that it's impossible to get weekend tee times unless it's like an hour before sunset?

If you sign up for an account, the web site tells you what the cost is. Assuming you are talking about the ones that offer times through the site and not just connecting with other members, most are very high. You're paying the unaccompanied rate +. It's clunky too and pretty much forget about anyone answering a support question; since ,it seems to be pretty much run by only a couple people who never answer the phone or respond to emails. The one time I used it in Ohio the people at the course didn't know anything about it and wanted to charge me more on top of the prepaid amount paid to Boxgroove, so that was a hassle. I would go through thousandgreens.com or get my pro to call rather than use boxgroove again. It did work though despite the hassles.

Also, I wouldn't pay any money for the premium membership that lets you send requests to members of clubs on the site that don't offer times through boxgroove. I had no luck with any of those and have heard the same from others. Occasionally someone responds but it seems most private club members who have accounts there are not very responsive. I think once thousandgreens.com started most went over there from boxgroove

For the ones that offer times through the site, most do have weekends but it's in the afternoon after 12 or 1.

• Like 1

Some sample prices (there's also an additional booking fee on top of these):

Lakewood $200.67

The Ranch $93.01

Lake Valley $90

Fox Hill $80

Valley $106.35

Meridian $130

Club at Flying Horse $181

So if you're ok with paying those kinds of prices, don't mind hassles, the private courses you want to play offer times through the site and you plan to do that a lot, then the premium membership is worth it as it waives the booking fees. You'd be ahead after a couple bookings with the membership.