2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Nice play Pseudoswede, 25% of your team score is nice, but I am sure does not feel like it ... Thaar we attend a builder charity event on Racoon Creek and similar aspects to buying mulligans. We finished tired for 3rd last year with 55 and the winner was 52!!! I agree, when you see scores past 18 under.... makes you really wonder LOL

GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

Aug 31st/Sept 1st

Sept 7th /8th or 14th/15th.

I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

_Edit: Course is still TBD._

I guess I should have caveated that statement - the fact that we shot a 53 showed me it's possible, albeit with some mulligans. I know the team who won and I would never suspect cheating from them. Obviously, it helps having a scratch player or better on your team that can crush the ball but that wasn't quite enough for us. Next time...52 is the new target score!

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @CDM said:

> GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

>

> Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> Sept 7th /8th or 14th/15th.

>

> I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

>

> _Edit: Course is still TBD._

>

>

HyponChamelon is in late August / First of September.

> @CDM said:

> GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

>

> Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> Sept 7th /8th or 14th/15th.

>

> I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

>

> _Edit: Course is still TBD._

>

>

I can likely pull off Aug 31/Sept 1 or Sept 7/8. Out of town for the 14th and 15th.

Edel E-1

> @Dancin said:

> Anyone interested in playing Highland Meadows next Sunday afternoon sometime 1-1:30 for $38 with cart? I need to use that cert I won in the auction sometime this year and I've currently got next weekend open.

I can't join you as family is in town, but I'm going to run into issues using all of the golf rounds I bought at the expo. I do it every year and scramble to try to use them all up before the weather turns.

Edel E-1

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

> >

> > Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> > Sept 7th /8th or 14th/15th.

> >

> > I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

> >

> > _Edit: Course is still TBD._

> >

> >

>

> HyponChamelon is in late August / First of September.

Looking like 8 players right now. _(I have one who will join to meet everyone)_

So time to put pressure on everyone else.... =)

McCourtney?

Jacobedge?

Dancin?

Krush?

Swede?

BrianHorne8? _(Know your schedule is tough...)_

Stoneydukes?

Hardrain?

I_Hate_Snow?

ALI3?

Masamistu?

007Iron?

AJSmith227?

_Edit: If I missed anyone.... sorry. Buy you a beer but you have to play to get it lol_

> @Dancin said:

> Anyone interested in playing Highland Meadows next Sunday afternoon sometime 1-1:30 for $38 with cart? I need to use that cert I won in the auction sometime this year and I've currently got next weekend open.

Sorry in Portland this coming weekend for wedding. _Would rather stay here and play lol_

> @CDM said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > I’ve posted for years that I think Bayside is overrated, although I’ve also been in a large minority in that opinion. I’ve never seen it firm or fast, or not scruffy. I’d play Kimball 10 times out of 10 over Bayside. Quicker, cheaper, and a better course (and A LOT easier to get to)!

> >

> > Kearney got hit hard. I went to college there (a loooooong) time ago and still have friends there. Never seen anything like it before. Lucky their public course Meadowlark didn’t get hit with the flooding. They’re not too far north of where there was a lot of water.

>

> Bayside could be a great little track with a few tweaks and maintenance. Funny you note "scruffy". We played the back tees _(6500 yards)_. I think they mow the back tee boxes twice a week? Maybe? The other tees had been mowed though.

>

> We decided to drive around Kearney to check the damage and went by Meadowlark, Kearney CC, etc. Nice town. What was surprising is according to Google Maps it listed 11-12 golf courses within 35 miles??? Only 35K in Kearney that seemed like a lot of courses?? Wildhorse is 60 miles out. Not sure what the courses are??

And that doesn’t include Grand Island at roughly 40 miles away with at least three 18 hole courses. I don’t know if it’s similar in Colorado or not, but it’s similar in Kearney to western Nebraska where I’m from (actually it’s even mire pronounced in western Neb) in that many (if not most) of the little towns all have at least a nine hole course. Thinking of Kearney, several of the little towns close by have a small course, and a couple of them have 18 holers. The state of Nebraska west of Grand Island is a great place for golfers.

The only date I might be able to do a WRX outing is September 1. It is Labor Day weekend, so I'm 50/50 at best.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

On another note, I took my 15 year old daughter to the golf range on Saturday. She hits the ball relatively well, but it might be too late to pursue a golf scholarship, unfortunately. (Her only other takeaway from the father/daughter afternoon was, "There was this cute guy near me." So obviously I have much bigger issues to deal with.) Anyways, I had her take some slow-motion video of my swing. Guys, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MY SWING IS ALL SORTS OF UGLY!?!? It looks like I have basically zero hip turn on the downswing anymore. I felt so self-conscious of my swing on Sunday.

One last thing, since I have an allergy to the rest of the WRX forums...

I know it's illegal to hit the range between nines of a competitive 18-hole round of golf--but what if it is three, separate 9-hole matches? Can you hit balls at the range between 9's? Can you use the practice putting green?

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

> > >

> > > Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> > > Sept 7th /8th or 14th/15th.

> > >

> > > I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

> > >

> > > _Edit: Course is still TBD._

> > >

> > >

> >

> > HyponChamelon is in late August / First of September.

>

> Looking like 8 players right now. _(I have one who will join to meet everyone)_

>

> So time to put pressure on everyone else.... =)

>

> McCourtney?

> Jacobedge?

> Dancin?

> Krush?

> Swede?

> BrianHorne8? _(Know your schedule is tough...)_

> Stoneydukes?

> Hardrain?

> I_Hate_Snow?

> ALI3?

> Masamistu?

> 007Iron?

> AJSmith227?

>

> _Edit: If I missed anyone.... sorry. Buy you a beer but you have to play to get it lol_

Only weekend I'll be back down to Denver is the 24th/25th of this month... If anyone is interested in Saturday morning I'd love to get together with a group

> @pseudoswede said:

> On another note, I took my 15 year old daughter to the golf range on Saturday. She hits the ball relatively well, but it might be too late to pursue a golf scholarship, unfortunately. (Her only other takeaway from the father/daughter afternoon was, "There was this cute guy near me." So obviously I have much bigger issues to deal with.) Anyways, I had her take some slow-motion video of my swing. Guys, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME MY SWING IS ALL SORTS OF UGLY!?!? It looks like I have basically zero hip turn on the downswing anymore. I felt so self-conscious of my swing on Sunday.

I wouldn't rule out a golf scholarship if she has any ability, likes it and she's willing to get into lessons this year. I play with the golf coach of the boy's and girl's teams at a local high school. He said if a girl can regularly shoot low 90s in kids tournaments they will probably get a scholarship somewhere; although, it'll be a smaller division II or III school. If she can often shoot 80s, she's getting a full ride at a smaller school. Title IX has made it possible for girls that aren't even any good to get a scholarship.

• Like 1

> @pseudoswede said:

> One last thing, since I have an allergy to the rest of the WRX forums...

>

> I know it's illegal to hit the range between nines of a competitive 18-hole round of golf--but what if it is three, separate 9-hole matches? Can you hit balls at the range between 9's? Can you use the practice putting green?

Is it illegal for your partner to complete all 3 matches with you? Asking for a friend

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

@CDM... I wish I could join, but weekends are jammed for us for the next couple of months. I'm already signed up for a Men's Club event this weekend, and the NLU event on 8/23. On the weekends during Aug and Sept, we've got visitors like 4 different weekends and the wife has made plans for other weeks. I'm going to be playing a bunch during the week the next couple of weeks while I'm off of work, so I definitely can't fuss.

The earliest I could commit to anything would be late Sept (9/28 or 29) or October (10/5-6 or maybe 10/19-20). That said though... if you guys pick a weekend and end up having an empty spot, I'd play it by ear... just don't plan around me.

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > GOLFWRX CO follow up: Given everyone schedule, Does end of August / first part of September work for people to meet up and play?

> > >

> > > Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> > >

> > > I know since the WRX format change "chat" has slowed a bit but we have replies from: Noodler, Seven Dewey, Thaar, Joelness, CDM, Deadsolid as interested.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Looking like 8 players right now. _(I have one who will join to meet everyone)_

>

>

> McCourtney?

> Jacobedge?

> Dancin?

> Krush?

> Swede?

> Stoneydukes?

> Hardrain?

> I_Hate_Snow?

> ALI3?

> Masamistu?

> 007Iron?

> AJSmith227?

>

> _Edit: If I missed anyone.... sorry. Buy you a beer but you have to play to get it lol_

Looks like I can do Aug31/1Sept. The 14/15 Sept I'm volunteering at the Mid-Am.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > >

> > > Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

> McCourtney?

> Jacobedge?

> Dancin?

> Krush?

> Swede?

> Stoneydukes?

> Hardrain?

> I_Hate_Snow?

> ALI3?

> Masamistu?

> 007Iron?

> AJSmith227?

>

Just depends on the day and time. My schedule has been crazy as of late so I will let you guys plan it and if I can join, I will.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

> @pseudoswede said:

> One last thing, since I have an allergy to the rest of the WRX forums...

>

> I know it's illegal to hit the range between nines of a competitive 18-hole round of golf--but what if it is three, separate 9-hole matches? Can you hit balls at the range between 9's? Can you use the practice putting green?

~~That actually isn't illegal at all. It's only illegal to play any actual golf between those rounds. You see the big boys pounding it on the range after a bad day all the time. In other words, yes you can do all those things even if it's the same event.~~

Whoops, misread your post. My bad. I thought I read the range was illegal between 18 hole rounds in a multi-day tournament. If they are different matches then I believe all bets are off.

Have my club championship this weekend. Was oh so close to not making it back to Denver in time. Was out in NY for work and flights were getting canceled left and right Wednesday and Thursday.

Glad I made it. Haven’t picked up a club in a week but we’ll see how it goes!

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Playing Saddleback tomorrow for the first time. Anything I should know?

Saddleback is not very challenging (except for 15 into a stiff breeze), but it's such a great walking course. The Frederick muni just down the road also looks nice. If I wanted to live in bleeping middle of nowhere, I would choose Frederick just for those two courses.

There is a brewery in Frederick that is also serving some of the best beers I've had in a while. Mountain Cowboy. Go find some.

Shot an okay 81. My only double on the day was on the easiest par 4 on the back nine. I got on the regulation, and then you can do the math from there.

> @CDM said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > >

> > > Aug 31st/Sept 1st

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

> McCourtney?

> Jacobedge?

> Dancin?

> Krush?

> Swede?

> Stoneydukes?

> Hardrain?

> I_Hate_Snow?

> ALI3?

> Masamistu?

> 007Iron?

> AJSmith227?

>

I wish. I fly out the 31st to Newark.