2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

> @CDM said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > Does anyone want to play Legacy Ridge Sunday at 8:50? I'm playing the first half of my league's 36 hole match play championship final against another guy and I still have the other two spots open at this point.

>

> So how did you play? Really wanted to play Sunday but was stuck in the office catching up work I am behind on.

We both played pretty average and ended up even after the first 18.

> @Dancin said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > Does anyone want to play Legacy Ridge Sunday at 8:50? I'm playing the first half of my league's 36 hole match play championship final against another guy and I still have the other two spots open at this point.

> >

> > So how did you play? Really wanted to play Sunday but was stuck in the office catching up work I am behind on.

>

> We both played pretty average and ended up even after the first 18.

I guess a good thing?? Not down any and still have 18 to go. When is the final 18?

> @Dancin said:

> > @ALi3 said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > @I_HATE_SNOW said:

> > > > > Perry Park? > @Dancin said:

> > > > > > > @"seven dewey" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @Dancin said:

> > > > > > > > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > > > > > > > If you can hit it straight off the tee, and you know exactly how far you need to hit it, you'll do well. Approaches to the green require a little shot shaping with the caveat that the greens are often very small/narrow. Yeah, shooting big numbers is never fun, but it's certainly humbling and it raises my handicap, so I don't mind. lol

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Although not that short, it's reminds me of Perry Park which I played last Monday. The majority of the difficulty in the rating is due to the tree lined bowling alleys; although, Perry Park is a lot tighter than that course with a lot more trees. If you hit your long clubs straight, it's not very difficult. My handicap did not appreciate the 5.3 I got hit with for my 78 there.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Playing Perry Park on Monday. Looking forward to it

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not bad, but I wouldn't make the trek down to play it again. There's two really dumb holes design wise. The rest of it is ok other than needing a lot of tree thinning, but nothing really amazing or special. Conditions were good for a mountain course. Probably the best they could be given how hard it is to grow grass when trees are shading a large part of the course.

> > > > >

> > > > > You saved me some coin. I have no desire to play tree lined bowling alleys.

> > > >

> > > > Can’t hit the driver straight eh? J/K

> > > >

> > > > For $99 I figure I’d check it out. I think they are going to do some sort of raffle as well for those that are playing that day.

> > >

> > > I paid $95 and it included a cold cuts lunch afterwards. It's great scenery and it's a more interesting golf course than Arrowhead. There's worse courses you could play for more money (Arrowhead being one of them). Hole 2 is definitely a tree lined bowling alley though. 530 yards with a narrow fairway all the way to the hole. Another genius hole has a huge pine tree 50 yards in front of the tee box that blocks half the fairway and you have to fade around it. And the final winner is a hole forcing you to hit over to an island off the tee, but being on the island forces you to hit a long iron or fairway wood uphill shot over a deep bunker and thick rough to an elevated green. The best angle into the green without having to go over a bunker requires an almost 90 degree duck hook around trees off the tee box.

> >

> > I played that final hole with a sand wedge off the tee followed by 4 hybrid up to the green. I don't understand why the hole forces your to hit over water for a similar or even worse approach shot. I will say I enjoyed the course and would say it was actually one of my favorite rounds of the year. Conditions were the best of any mountain course I can remember. Though I do agree with you on two of the three holes being stupid. I didn't understand the tree in the fairway either.

> > Cold cuts were a little disappointing for a lunch considering there weren't even chips or drinks other than water.

>

> Yep. I wish I had seen 18 before I played it. I had a mid iron and was going to hook a shot around the trees because I knew there was fairway over there, but figured well there must be some advantage for hitting a drive out to the island. They should cut down 10 feet of the trees on the corner and shift the bunker to the left so there's a benefit for going to the island. I hate holes that pretty much force one shot.

Perry Park definitely has its moments. The par 5s are tough because the trees can block you from going for them in two, even from the fairway. Funny, I played 18 in a tourney and played safe out to the island. I think it was 5 iron and then 9 iron. Since it was a shotgun, we came back to 18 after the round and it was gap wedge over the trees and sand wedge in. Very gimmicky hole.

> @Dancin said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > Does anyone want to play Legacy Ridge Sunday at 8:50? I'm playing the first half of my league's 36 hole match play championship final against another guy and I still have the other two spots open at this point.

> >

> > So how did you play? Really wanted to play Sunday but was stuck in the office catching up work I am behind on.

>

> We both played pretty average and ended up even after the first 18.

Still good playing to get into the championship. Good luck on the final. I'm assuming this is one will be at Walnut.

> @irvtrain said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @Dancin said:

> > > > Does anyone want to play Legacy Ridge Sunday at 8:50? I'm playing the first half of my league's 36 hole match play championship final against another guy and I still have the other two spots open at this point.

> > >

> > > So how did you play? Really wanted to play Sunday but was stuck in the office catching up work I am behind on.

> >

> > We both played pretty average and ended up even after the first 18.

>

> Still good playing to get into the championship. Good luck on the final. I'm assuming this is one will be at Walnut.

Yes. Final 18 at Walnut the first weekend in August. We'll probably get the two guys playing the consolation match for 3rd and 4th place to join us. I wish I could have gotten anyone reasonable to take that last spot, but everyone wanted to watch the open final. The random guy who took the last spot was a real treat. Kept standing in the extension of your line on putts, making noises or talking right as you're about to hit. We joked afterwards that I must have paid him off to come out, because he affected my opponent a lot more than me. I finally yelled at him on 13 when my opponent was standing over a 30 foot putt for 45 seconds waiting for him to shut up and he wouldn't stop talking.

Perry Park was certainly an interesting layout. I actually didn’t mind the tree-lined holes or bowling alleys as someone said earlier. I did think #16 with the tree blocking the entire right side of the fairway was a bit much however.

Overall I enjoyed the course more than Arrowhead but it’s certainly not something I would make the driver for on a regular basis. I much prefer Bear Dance.

As for the golf what a weird day. I shot a 79 at HEB the day before and lost money. At Perry Park I was crushing the driver down the middle all day but couldn’t do much else right and shot a 91. Pretty sure that is by far my worst score of 2019. Course was wet from all the rain and led to some not so stellar irons and wedges early on.

Not sure how to play #18, but I did make par going hybrid, 6 iron. It was playing into the wind a bit but I just don’t see how I could ever hook one on command enough to play down the left side and still hit far enough to be clear of the trees.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @brianhorne8 said:

> What is this strange feeling to be...home?

Good to have you back sir! Next time we get out hopefully we can avoid the rain

> @CDM said:

> So MID July..... is there any interest still in doing a CO-WRX meet up to play???

I'm interested but I have tournaments every weekend from Aug 24 to Sept 21st. I will try to make it work no matter what date is chosen

> @stoneydukes said:

> Anyone ever played the Hilton Los Cabos in Cabo? Headed down next week and debating on taking clubs.

I've played 2 courses down there. Cabo Real, and Puerto Los Cabos. Cabo Real is right across the street from the Hilton. It was 10 years ago, but I remember it being stunning. Used rental clubs and played like crap, but the views were worth it. Here are some real bad quality photos I pulled from my Facebook:

![](https://i.imgur.com/8g2T0mX.jpg "")

> @CDM said:

> I know a lot of us have tossed around going out to play Wildhorse golf course for a weekend. _I and friends had it planned for a couple of weeks from now but we had move it._

>

> Right now we are setting it up for late Sept and currently have 3 - 4 players. I thought I would see if there was any interest on here. Plan is to leave early Friday - back Sunday mid afternoon. Play Awarii / Wildhorse / Baydside. 4 rounds total. If interested let me know and I will PM you the info.

>

> _Edit: Wildhorse the intent is to play 36 on the same day_

Someone on gca just played Bayside and said it is playing firm and fast and in great condition.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67411.0.html

> @Dancin said:

> > @CDM said:

> > I know a lot of us have tossed around going out to play Wildhorse golf course for a weekend. _I and friends had it planned for a couple of weeks from now but we had move it._

> >

> > Right now we are setting it up for late Sept and currently have 3 - 4 players. I thought I would see if there was any interest on here. Plan is to leave early Friday - back Sunday mid afternoon. Play Awarii / Wildhorse / Baydside. 4 rounds total. If interested let me know and I will PM you the info.

> >

> > _Edit: Wildhorse the intent is to play 36 on the same day_

>

> Someone on gca just played Bayside and said it is playing firm and fast and in great condition.

> http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67411.0.html

Good news. Bayside has never had fast greens, like Wildhorse, plus their greens tend to be small, except for 18. Used to play it half a dozen times a year, haven't played it in 2 years now, no more local discount. Crandall Creek in Ogallala has a great back 9, front is old school, shortish and loaded with trees. Greens are always fast and true there.

> @I_HATE_SNOW said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > I know a lot of us have tossed around going out to play Wildhorse golf course for a weekend. _I and friends had it planned for a couple of weeks from now but we had move it._

> > >

> > > Right now we are setting it up for late Sept and currently have 3 - 4 players. I thought I would see if there was any interest on here. Plan is to leave early Friday - back Sunday mid afternoon. Play Awarii / Wildhorse / Baydside. 4 rounds total. If interested let me know and I will PM you the info.

> > >

> > > _Edit: Wildhorse the intent is to play 36 on the same day_

> >

> > Someone on gca just played Bayside and said it is playing firm and fast and in great condition.

> > http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67411.0.html

>

> Good news. Bayside has never had fast greens, like Wildhorse, plus their greens tend to be small, except for 18. Used to play it half a dozen times a year, haven't played it in 2 years now, no more local discount. Crandall Creek in Ogallala has a great back 9, front is old school, shortish and loaded with trees. Greens are always fast and true there.

> @Dancin said:

> > @CDM said:

> > I know a lot of us have tossed around going out to play Wildhorse golf course for a weekend. _I and friends had it planned for a couple of weeks from now but we had move it._

> >

> > Right now we are setting it up for late Sept and currently have 3 - 4 players. I thought I would see if there was any interest on here. Plan is to leave early Friday - back Sunday mid afternoon. Play Awarii / Wildhorse / Baydside. 4 rounds total. If interested let me know and I will PM you the info.

> >

> > _Edit: Wildhorse the intent is to play 36 on the same day_

>

> Someone on gca just played Bayside and said it is playing firm and fast and in great condition.

> http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67411.0.html

Well that is good to hear!! Thanks Dancin..!! Looking forward to next Friday now. We have all but Awarii booked as they only let you do that 7 days out online. Granted we are playing that Friday afternoon so I am sure will be pretty wide open.

Looking forward to playing these courses again. I looked back and its coming up on 7-8 years now..... for WH/Awarii...._eekkkk._ Bayside was about 3 years ago or so.

_Edit: I know the original post noted we planned on moving the trip out to late September. Yea that lasted a whole 2 days and back to the 2nd-4th =)_

> @CDM said:

> Well that is good to hear!! Thanks Dancin..!! Looking forward to next Friday now. We have all but Awarii booked as they only let you do that 7 days out online. Granted we are playing that Friday afternoon so I am sure will be pretty wide open.

>

> Looking forward to playing these courses again. I looked back and its coming up on 7-8 years now..... for WH/Awarii...._eekkkk._ Bayside was about 3 years ago or so.

>

> _Edit: I know the original post noted we planned on moving the trip out to late September. Yea that lasted a whole 2 days and back to the 2nd-4th =)_

We have Wildhorse booked for 12 Sept 3-6. We go out and play wildhorse 5 times in a row after getting sick of driving all over NE. Love being out there. If I read it right and you're there Sept 2nd-4th, we'll overlap!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

> @TheKrushh said:

> > @CDM said:

>

> > Well that is good to hear!! Thanks Dancin..!! Looking forward to next Friday now. We have all but Awarii booked as they only let you do that 7 days out online. Granted we are playing that Friday afternoon so I am sure will be pretty wide open.

> >

> > Looking forward to playing these courses again. I looked back and its coming up on 7-8 years now..... for WH/Awarii...._eekkkk._ Bayside was about 3 years ago or so.

> >

> > _Edit: I know the original post noted we planned on moving the trip out to late September. Yea that lasted a whole 2 days and back to the 2nd-4th =)_

>

> We have Wildhorse booked for 12 Sept 3-6. We go out and play wildhorse 5 times in a row after getting sick of driving all over NE. Love being out there. If I read it right and you're there Sept 2nd-4th, we'll overlap!

We changed it back to next weekend (Aug 2-4). We are only doing 36 at Wildhorse.

Ever since I've come back from vacation a couple weeks ago, my game has gone way downhill. I was playing the best golf for me in the past 10 years or so until then. It's simply baffling.

Yesterday, we played The Ridge at CP. Front nine was decent - lots of GiR's, though nearly as many 3-putts lol - I had 6 3-putts on the day ugh, but fortunately had 6 1-putts as well to combat it. Then the back nine came where my swing developed a slice and ended up with 5 lost balls...yes, all on the back. The driver has been one of the most reliable clubs in my bag this season, and I haven't had a bad slice in years. I was lost, but still scrambled to shoot a decent score overall. Finicky and frustrating game...hopefully I can get back on track quickly.

The Ridge was in great shape though. I really enjoy that course. The layout is fun and the front and back are quite a bit different.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @thaar said:

> Ever since I've come back from vacation a couple weeks ago, my game has gone way downhill. I was playing the best golf for me in the past 10 years or so until then. It's simply baffling.

>

> Yesterday, we played The Ridge at CP. Front nine was decent - lots of GiR's, though nearly as many 3-putts lol - I had 6 3-putts on the day ugh, but fortunately had 6 1-putts as well to combat it. Then the back nine came where my swing developed a slice and ended up with 5 lost balls...yes, all on the back. The driver has been one of the most reliable clubs in my bag this season, and I haven't had a bad slice in years. I was lost, but still scrambled to shoot a decent score overall. Finicky and frustrating game...hopefully I can get back on track quickly.

>

> The Ridge was in great shape though. I really enjoy that course. The layout is fun and the front and back are quite a bit different.

If you want me to make you feel better a friend of mine shot a 60 for the new course record down there a couple weeks ago. 60 with a bogey on 17. I lose at least three balls every time I play there.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Damn, that's impressive. I can see it out there if your game is on since it's not overly long. Every par 5 is gettable and there are a few short par 4's. Still gotta make the shots, be on the right area of the green, and be mistake-free though. That bogey on 17 must have been heartbreaking for him!

Edel E-1

Real d-bag at the Greenwood Village PGATSS repair shop. Brought in my clubs yesterday at 9:05am to have re-gripped.

Employee: When would you like to pick them up?

Me: Is it at all possible to get them at 4pm today?

Employee: Nope. 24 hours turn around time.

Me: Are you sure?

Employee: There is no way they're getting done today. Sorry.

I call at 4pm.

(Another) Employee: Yup! They're done.

A few weeks ago, I took in three wedges. The employee said he could have them done in 10 minutes. If I didn't have a meeting to rush to, I would've waited.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> Real **** at the Greenwood Village PGATSS repair shop. Brought in my clubs yesterday at 9:05am to have re-gripped.

>

> Employee: When would you like to pick them up?

> Me: Is it at all possible to get them at 4pm today?

> Employee: Nope. 24 hours turn around time.

> Me: Are you sure?

> Employee: There is no way they're getting done today. Sorry.

>

> I call at 4pm.

>

> (Another) Employee: Yup! They're done.

>

> A few weeks ago, I took in three wedges. The employee said he could have them done in 10 minutes. If I didn't have a meeting to rush to, I would've waited.

They have some real great employees and some real, real, bad employees. I ordered irons from them and it seemed like they were taking forever to get in so I finally called to check on them. Apparently, they had been sitting there ready to be picked up for a week. When they came in the store called my cell phone but I guess my voicemail was full (my bad) so they couldn't leave a message. However, they never tried to call again so the clubs just sat until I reached out. Thought that was very odd.

Been a while since I checked in here...

Had a good night tonight in my mid week golf league. Shot a season best 39 on the Meadows nine at Fox Hollow. Turns out that the easy way to play better golf is to quit my job!

In other news, my last day is 8/9. Don’t start the new gig until Monday 8/26. If anyone’s looking for a weekday round any time between those days let me know. I’m hoping to get several rounds in while my wife is at work. :-D

• Like 3

> @Gmcourtney said:

>

> Been a while since I checked in here...

>

> Had a good night tonight in my mid week golf league. Shot a season best 39 on the Meadows nine at Fox Hollow. Turns out that the easy way to play better golf is to quit my job!

>

> In other news, my last day is 8/9. Don’t start the new gig until Monday 8/26. If anyone’s looking for a weekday round any time between those days let me know. I’m hoping to get several rounds in while my wife is at work. :-D

If you can get out for an evening round, it appears the Thursday Night Beer League has fallen apart after I left. I'm looking to get the band back together starting next week.

**NEBRASKA GOLF UPDATE:** _(For those who care that is LOL)_

**Awarii Dunes: ** Overall its a really good track and considering, in not bad of shape given the situation. Standard Jim Engh green BS on 4-5 holes _(have to toss that out LOL)_ 3' -5' mounds that kicks what looks like a peferct approach 20'-30' away...and you cant SEE IT from the fairway. Overall Greens are in good shape. The fairways are also in good shape and give plenty of room off the tee..bunkers need a bit of TLC but more on that. All of us still scored well but again easy tee shot course helps. Would want to play it again when it is firmer/faster and conditions are back to normal. At 7000 yards, very soft and pushing 90% humidity it took some work. _I am not sure if many know but Kearney has had some rough rain/brutal rain over the last month, talking monsoon rains. They had major flooding. Some businesses and 2 or 3 large hotels are down for complete re work. Actaully they have not had use of the driving range for over a month. We joked they better do something or they will have wetlands growing on the range soon and need state approval to open it LOL_

**Wildhorse Golf Club:** Not much can be said about this excellent track. Its is just 18 holes of fantastic golf !!! Eeverything you hear or read is true. not a bad hole _(minus I hate 8-9 from the tips with swirling winds now LOL...joking)_ Conditions, the best I have seen all your. The rain and drainage system has it in amazing shape. Green are rolling as good as Cherry Hills...so pure!! _a fact I can attest to_ We played 36 on Saturday and Friday night they received about 1" to 2" of rain. We played at 8am and it had drained perfectly overnight A few traps still had a bit of water others mud but lucky I only hit one in 36 holes. I would say it is a pretty easy driving course personally. We averaged 12 / 14 fairways. It needs the width as the wind will move the ball if comes up hard. All I can say is if you have not been there you need to go play it. Dont bother with other courses in the area. As Krush's group does, just stay and play it only. _*Loved Hole 2 - 3 joint fairway, looks sooo cool...plus has to be over 4 acres of solid grass!!!_

**Bayside Golf Course:** Okay.... Dancin posted up from another forum that it was playing fast / firm. Not knocking Dancin as it was not his post and he was just helping BUT DAMN.... if they think that is firm and fast....hate to see it when its slow LOL. Complete oposite.

The last 3 weeks they have had on/off rain but nothing crazy or so I was told by the one and I mean the only maintenance person we saw. He was doing everything. Its a "one and done track" or maybe for the price a "pass". No one who played it for the first time said they would ever play it again. More mad we did not stay and play Wildhorse again. I played it before and it was in alot better shape/conditions for sure. Mainteance is fundimental is all I can say. Traps have weeds growing in them and I am not talking just a few traps. Front 9 is honestly not bad, if they made some course shaping tweeks it could be really really good. Back 9... has some complete stupid designs that leaves you scratching your head.

Will note that hole 16 is great short par 4 (305/310 uphill). Can not recommend this unless your in the area and you just really want to see if its that bad.

_Edit: Odd thing.....i just read the guys who did Wildhorse, worked on Sand hills and Rivera country club rebuild are listed as working on this course. Its pretty clear the owners took way to much control._

• Like 1

I’ve posted for years that I think Bayside is overrated, although I’ve also been in a large minority in that opinion. I’ve never seen it firm or fast, or not scruffy. I’d play Kimball 10 times out of 10 over Bayside. Quicker, cheaper, and a better course (and A LOT easier to get to)!

Kearney got hit hard. I went to college there (a loooooong) time ago and still have friends there. Never seen anything like it before. Lucky their public course Meadowlark didn’t get hit with the flooding. They’re not too far north of where there was a lot of water.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> I’ve posted for years that I think Bayside is overrated, although I’ve also been in a large minority in that opinion. I’ve never seen it firm or fast, or not scruffy. I’d play Kimball 10 times out of 10 over Bayside. Quicker, cheaper, and a better course (and A LOT easier to get to)!

>

> Kearney got hit hard. I went to college there (a loooooong) time ago and still have friends there. Never seen anything like it before. Lucky their public course Meadowlark didn’t get hit with the flooding. They’re not too far north of where there was a lot of water.

Bayside could be a great little track with a few tweaks and maintenance. Funny you note "scruffy". We played the back tees _(6500 yards)_. I think they mow the back tee boxes twice a week? Maybe? The other tees had been mowed though.

We decided to drive around Kearney to check the damage and went by Meadowlark, Kearney CC, etc. Nice town. What was surprising is according to Google Maps it listed 11-12 golf courses within 35 miles??? Only 35K in Kearney that seemed like a lot of courses?? Wildhorse is 60 miles out. Not sure what the courses are??

This past Saturday I had my buddies charity scramble tournament at Racoon Creek. I asked Joelness and Seven Dewey to join our team in hopes of winning since I took second place last year. I don’t feel like we left any shots on the course and posted a 53 which was a tie for second place yet again (52 won). It was an awesome time though. The lowest score I’ve ever posted in a scramble was a 58 so it was cool to see us be able to go low. Whenever I saw scores below 54, I always questioned the legitimacy of their score. We were able to buy some mulligans which obviously helped us shave off a couple more strokes, but I felt like we played pretty well. Obviously, we had Joel go last since he hits it so d@mn far. We were sitting on the fringe of 3 or 4 greens that day from the tee box - it was fun watching him play. Some of his drives were taken over trees that I wouldn’t have tried with my 8 iron lol.

The following day, we played at Walnut Creek at 730am. In case you weren’t aware, drinking for 15hrs the previous day doesn’t bode well for playing good golf with little sleep lol. I didn’t start to feel normal again until the 13th or 14th hole. Shot a smooth 91 with 6 shanks and 5 or 6 lost balls. It’s always fun needing 3 tee shots on a par 3 after shanking a couple! Still a good time though. I really like that course – challenging (I feel like its slope is underrated), but with a fun layout. The whole course was in really good shape overall.

• Like 1

Edel E-1

FRGC's Ryder Cup was yesterday at Fox Hollow. My group was first to tee-off at 6:45am on the Links 9 in alternate shot format (where both players tee off and alternate into the green from the best available ball). We had many instances where we left the next shot in a not-so-nice position; however, we put up a valiant effort but lost 1-up after my partner missed a downhill 6-foot par putt to halve the match on the 9th hole (after I almost drove the green).

After an hour break, we then moved to the Canyon 9 for fourball. In some kind of alternate universe bizzaro world, I pretty much carried the team winning the first three holes by myself, my partner drained a sweet birdie putt on 5, and we closed them out 3 and 1. Certainly my best 9 of the day, shooting 37. I kept the ball in play off the tee the whole time--my only two bogeys was because I failed to get up and down after missing the green.

We then proceeded to the Meadows 9 for individual match play. I played straight up against a guy who absolutely crushes the ball. I won the first hole, lost the next three, won the next two holes, he won the 8th with a birdie into the teeth of a 30-40mph rainy windstorm. On 9, he dumped two drives into the creek, and I was safely in the fairway with a 5-iron. I ended up with a 79 on Canyon/Meadows--finished 2nd net in the A flight and one CTP ($60). We lucked out and missed "the heavy stuff" that the last three groups had to play in--which was good since I left all of my rain gear at home.

It felt satisfying to go 2-1-0 yesterday, but our side got smoked 15.5-8.5.

One thing to note about Fox Hollow right now--the greens are pretty quick, but putts do not seem to break as much as they should.

Playing Saddleback on Saturday.