2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

fv144dbtwik5.jpeg

Just saw this come across my feed on LinkedIn! #teamtaylormade

• Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I still don’t understand the difference between the reserved sets dealers are getting anywhere from 5-15 depending on dealership size. Yet everyone acknowledges people can buy them online through TM. I guess we won’t know until people get samples of each direct buy and dealer/course pre reserved set. One dealer out west I know said one guy bought 6 of his 15 sets...(oink oink)

> @Pinging77 said:

> I still don’t understand the difference between the reserved sets dealers are getting anywhere from 5-15 depending on dealership size. Yet everyone acknowledges people can buy them online through TM. I guess we won’t know until people get samples of each direct buy and dealer/course pre reserved set. One dealer out west I know said one guy bought 6 of his 15 sets...(oink oink)

I'll take 1 out of his 15 if it's the "limited" set.

> @BearQ said:

> Any of you buyers wish it was less chrome and more satin? Then joints are shiny!

>

> Beautiful club thanks for the pics

Satin would be ideal but then people would complain because tiger’s are chrome. I’ll probably give them a satin treatment after a season or two when they start looking rough

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

Z Star XV

> @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> 1l7ey2r40v86.jpeg

> The shop near me got a demo 7i in. All I can say is wow. I’m very happy with my purchase rathah2ksfms.jpeg

> a0h5bhld7qdd.jpeg

>

Beautiful!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Any order with S400 or X100 will be delayed till mid May as of today’s b/o list

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

> @swoosh21 said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > I still don’t understand the difference between the reserved sets dealers are getting anywhere from 5-15 depending on dealership size. Yet everyone acknowledges people can buy them online through TM. I guess we won’t know until people get samples of each direct buy and dealer/course pre reserved set. One dealer out west I know said one guy bought 6 of his 15 sets...(oink oink)

>

> I'll take 1 out of his 15 if it's the "limited" set.

All 15 are sold, just thought it was a little bit much to buy 6...maybe if they are limited on to eBay. The dealers won’t explain if there is a difference between their allocation and going on line to order for yourself. All they will say is we are getting X number in May 1... I guess the assumption has to be they are limited until proven otherwise..

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @swoosh21 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > I still don’t understand the difference between the reserved sets dealers are getting anywhere from 5-15 depending on dealership size. Yet everyone acknowledges people can buy them online through TM. I guess we won’t know until people get samples of each direct buy and dealer/course pre reserved set. One dealer out west I know said one guy bought 6 of his 15 sets...(oink oink)

> >

> > I'll take 1 out of his 15 if it's the "limited" set.

>

> All 15 are sold, just thought it was a little bit much to buy 6...maybe if they are limited on to eBay. The dealers won’t explain if there is a difference between their allocation and going on line to order for yourself. All they will say is we are getting X number in May 1... I guess the assumption has to be they are limited until proven otherwise..

When I called to make sure my shafts were right, all they said was getting it in so they ship by 5/1. Nothing about limited.

Hard to figure out. What’s wrong with saying the initial allocations to dealers is just using first run of heads. After that using up the remaining heads, followed by second run of heads. Absolutely NO difference in sets or boxes. Pretty simple, but can’t get that out of TM, retailers, or green grass accounts..

> @SurfnTurfpga said:

> I got to test these out a week ago after placing my order. They feel amazing!! I have played blades my whole life and these are up there as one of the best I have tested. Blade length looks great. They are not as soft as a mizuno but feel more solid. If you play blades you will not be disappointed.

That is what I like to hear!

@TaylorMadeGolf

Grapevine says select sets of these shipped yesterday. Any truth to that ?

Edit- Grapevine revision. Available March 1st. Ship date somewhere around April 23-24 for the first sets.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Right from the Tiger Iron Sell Sheet

TIGER’S FINGERPRINT

Each iron has been meticulously shaped to meet Tiger’s discerning eye--longer blade length, thinner topline, progressive face height, and more

Forged 1025 carbon steel, precision-milled sole and face

Grooves are deeper, sharper and more closely spaced to target specific launch windows and flight characteristics

Precise tungsten weight placement engineered to **_improve trajectory control and promote a deeper feel at impact_**

MILLED GRIND SOLE DEBUT IN IRONS 

Milled Grind eliminates variances in sole geometry from head to head and ensures precision in every iron set

CNC machined sole geometry and a precise leading edge promote consistent turf interaction

PREMIUM EXPERIENCE

As golfers begin their journey with these precision-engineered clubs, they will be treated to an immersive “unboxing” experience. Constructed from premium materials, every detail of the P•7TW box has been carefully considered to unveil these irons in a way that pays tribute to the heartfelt collaboration of Tiger Woods and TaylorMade Golf

• Like 2

> @Pinging77 said:

> Right from the Tiger Iron Sell Sheet

>

> TIGER’S FINGERPRINT

>

> Each iron has been meticulously shaped to meet Tiger’s discerning eye--longer blade length, thinner topline, progressive face height, and more

>

> Forged 1025 carbon steel, precision-milled sole and face

>

> Grooves are deeper, sharper and more closely spaced to target specific launch windows and flight characteristics

>

> Precise tungsten weight placement engineered to **_improve trajectory control and promote a deeper feel at impact_**

>

> MILLED GRIND SOLE DEBUT IN IRONS 

>

> Milled Grind eliminates variances in sole geometry from head to head and ensures precision in every iron set

>

> CNC machined sole geometry and a precise leading edge promote consistent turf interaction

>

> PREMIUM EXPERIENCE

>

> As golfers begin their journey with these precision-engineered clubs, they will be treated to an immersive “unboxing” experience. Constructed from premium materials, every detail of the P•7TW box has been carefully considered to unveil these irons in a way that pays tribute to the heartfelt collaboration of Tiger Woods and TaylorMade Golf

Makes me want mine even more...

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @youngwaldo said:

> > Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

> >

> > Wk

>

> I read somewhere that the tungsten gave his irons a little more pop. Not sure how accurate that is or not?

>

I think he said he liked a harder metal than what Tm normally uses, but the tungsten is not what what makes it feel harder. He started using tungsten in 2005 with Nike. He said it felt easier to control shots and they were more consistent. They first did it to get the sweet spot in the middle instead of toward the heel, but he also started hitting much better shots. Obviously the sweet spot feels the best in any iron, but I can see how a tungsten plug would create a bigger difference in feel between the center and a mis-hit.

• Like 1

> @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @youngwaldo said:

> > > Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

> > >

> > > Wk

> >

> > I read somewhere that the tungsten gave his irons a little more pop. Not sure how accurate that is or not?

> >

>

> I think he said he liked a harder metal than what Tm normally uses, but the tungsten is not what what makes it feel harder. He started using tungsten in 2005 with Nike. He said it felt easier to control shots and they were more consistent. They first did it to get the sweet spot in the middle instead of toward the heel, but he also started hitting much better shots. Obviously the sweet spot feels the best in any iron, but I can see how a tungsten plug would create a bigger difference in feel between the center and a mis-hit.

Harder metal? The next step up is 1030 which very few use. 8620 would give a harder feel but not a true forging. Wouldn’t make any sense to heat treat 1018, 1020, or 1025 to give a harder feel as that defeats the purpose of a forging. Doubt seriously Mizuno used anything but 1025. Many of the raw heads I saw at Titleist were marked 1025. Nike who knows, maybe they used 1030 to achieve a hard feel or the tungsten plug gave a hard feel. The pictures posted of the Nike head with the tungsten plug hole (almost looks longer than the blade thickness), the plug looks 3 times bigger than the smallish disc they show for the TM irons.

• Like 1

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > @youngwaldo said:

> > > > Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

> > > >

> > > > Wk

> > >

> > > I read somewhere that the tungsten gave his irons a little more pop. Not sure how accurate that is or not?

> > >

> >

> > I think he said he liked a harder metal than what Tm normally uses, but the tungsten is not what what makes it feel harder. He started using tungsten in 2005 with Nike. He said it felt easier to control shots and they were more consistent. They first did it to get the sweet spot in the middle instead of toward the heel, but he also started hitting much better shots. Obviously the sweet spot feels the best in any iron, but I can see how a tungsten plug would create a bigger difference in feel between the center and a mis-hit.

>

> Harder metal? The next step up is 1030 which very few use. 8620 would give a harder feel but not a true forging. Wouldn’t make any sense to heat treat 1018, 1020, or 1025 to give a harder feel as that defeats the purpose of a forging. Doubt seriously Mizuno used anything by 1025. Many of the raw heads I saw at Titleist were marked 1025. Nike who knows, maybe they used 1030 to achieve a hard feel..

I think so, but I could be wrong. I don't know all about the different metals, but I know his is not the stock metal that TM uses. He said he liked a deeper feel, which the tungsten helps with some. I think TM said in here that they use 1025 for them, but a Golfweek article says they use 1020.

> @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > > @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > > @youngwaldo said:

> > > > > Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wk

> > > >

> > > > I read somewhere that the tungsten gave his irons a little more pop. Not sure how accurate that is or not?

> > > >

> > >

> > > I think he said he liked a harder metal than what Tm normally uses, but the tungsten is not what what makes it feel harder. He started using tungsten in 2005 with Nike. He said it felt easier to control shots and they were more consistent. They first did it to get the sweet spot in the middle instead of toward the heel, but he also started hitting much better shots. Obviously the sweet spot feels the best in any iron, but I can see how a tungsten plug would create a bigger difference in feel between the center and a mis-hit.

> >

> > Harder metal? The next step up is 1030 which very few use. 8620 would give a harder feel but not a true forging. Wouldn’t make any sense to heat treat 1018, 1020, or 1025 to give a harder feel as that defeats the purpose of a forging. Doubt seriously Mizuno used anything by 1025. Many of the raw heads I saw at Titleist were marked 1025. Nike who knows, maybe they used 1030 to achieve a hard feel..

>

> I think so. I don't know all about the different metals, but I know his is not the stock 1025 that most companies used. He said he liked a harder feel in some of the recent press about the irons. I'll go back through and see if I can find exactly what was said.

So everyone can now be annoyed they aren’t getting the irons Tiger is using, because they claim they are forged 1025. Not 1025 with a different grain structure or any surface treatment that undoes traditional forged metal surface hardness. So I guess once again the public is getting the shite end of the stick with another sort of what Tiger plays release..

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > @tbrumbeloe13 said:

> > > > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > > > @youngwaldo said:

> > > > > > Was informed the tungsten was tiger's idea because he like a slight harder feel. Set are back ordered and more will be available then they stated.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wk

> > > > >

> > > > > I read somewhere that the tungsten gave his irons a little more pop. Not sure how accurate that is or not?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think he said he liked a harder metal than what Tm normally uses, but the tungsten is not what what makes it feel harder. He started using tungsten in 2005 with Nike. He said it felt easier to control shots and they were more consistent. They first did it to get the sweet spot in the middle instead of toward the heel, but he also started hitting much better shots. Obviously the sweet spot feels the best in any iron, but I can see how a tungsten plug would create a bigger difference in feel between the center and a mis-hit.

> > >

> > > Harder metal? The next step up is 1030 which very few use. 8620 would give a harder feel but not a true forging. Wouldn’t make any sense to heat treat 1018, 1020, or 1025 to give a harder feel as that defeats the purpose of a forging. Doubt seriously Mizuno used anything by 1025. Many of the raw heads I saw at Titleist were marked 1025. Nike who knows, maybe they used 1030 to achieve a hard feel..

> >

> > I think so. I don't know all about the different metals, but I know his is not the stock 1025 that most companies used. He said he liked a harder feel in some of the recent press about the irons. I'll go back through and see if I can find exactly what was said.

>

> So everyone can now be annoyed they aren’t getting the irons Tiger is using, because they claim they are forged 1025. Not 1025 with a different grain structure or any surface treatment that undoes traditional forged metal surface hardness. So I guess once again the public is getting the shite end of the stick with another sort of what Tiger plays release..

>

>

A little bit, yeah. They said they expect Tiger to move into 1025 in the future, but I don't know why he would. Right now he's using 1018.

> @Pinging77 said:

> You do realize that 1018 is softer? Very very small amount but softer. Some stayed away from it as the finished product was more inclined to dent and ding in bags

I do now. I had heard him say harder, assuming he meant he used a harder metal along with the tungsten. Now I think he meant that the tungsten gave a harder feeling, which yes, is pretty much the exact opposite of everything I've said in the last few posts.