2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @kekoa said:

> I just paid for a set with s400’s due in on 5/1. First time ever paying full retail for a set of irons. Lol

Yep. Let’s hope these things arrive on schedule.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > I just paid for a set with s400’s due in on 5/1. First time ever paying full retail for a set of irons. Lol

>

> Did you order straight from TM?

I ordered a set 4-W straight from TM on 4/12. 0.5* flat, 1* weak, DG Tour Issue X100 and TM validated today they are a prerelease set and ship on 5/1...

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > Full production run on these is what I am hearing.

>

> So nothing limited ? As in every set gets the unboxing experience , tiger letter etc ? And therefore all same price ?

>

> These are real questions folks. Lol. Kind of odd why TM won’t chime in and clarify.

>

>

I agree with you and Mitchell about the questions, as they are valid. The one I don't give two squirts about is the limited, non-limited, teak box or cardboard, etc etc. To a flaw, clubs are tools to me, and I don't really expect any resale going in.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > Full production run on these is what I am hearing.

> >

> > So nothing limited ? As in every set gets the unboxing experience , tiger letter etc ? And therefore all same price ?

> >

> > These are real questions folks. Lol. Kind of odd why TM won’t chime in and clarify.

> >

> >

>

> I agree with you and Mitchell about the questions, as they are valid. The one I don't give two squirts about is the limited, non-limited, teak box or cardboard, etc etc. To a flaw, clubs are tools to me, and I don't really expect any resale going in.

Right. Agree there. So long as the price is reflected appropriately between the limited boxing experience and the blue collar boxing experience.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Got a chance to hit a demo 7 iron at the PGA Superstore in Boston. What an incredible/unique feel to an iron, I would agree with the description of **solid**, definitely not a hard feel. Launched very high, and was spinning some crappy wilson balls at 6200. Took a few pics for you guys.

wb2bo5q0ahth.jpg

ascyuyj6ua0k.jpg

809oupc1yoij.jpg

vcn1fci6uew7.jpg

• Like 1

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

> @JakeW13 said:

> Got a chance to hit a demo 7 iron at the PGA Superstore in Boston. What an incredible/unique feel to an iron, I would agree with the description of **solid**, definitely not a hard feel. Launched very high, and was spinning some crappy wilson balls at 6200. Took a few pics for you guys.

>

> wb2bo5q0ahth.jpg

> ascyuyj6ua0k.jpg

> 809oupc1yoij.jpg

> vcn1fci6uew7.jpg

>

>

Looks amazing. Thanks for the pics. I’d have to imagine that one out of the three PGA SS here in Atlanta have to have the demo by now too. I need to find out which one so I can go hit it. S400 shaft in it?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Yes, S400 in the demo I hit.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I had a chance to hit these today as well at our local demo day. The feel was great! Not hard or clicky, but a good, solid feel. Like the last poster mentioned, the launch was surprisingly high. I asked the reps if the demo had Tiger’s weaker lofts. They didn’t think so but didn’t know for sure. If they did not, I can only imagine how high they would launch with the weak lofts. Of course the demo had S400’s so the X100’s would be a little lower launching I’d imagine. They also were surprisingly forgiving for a blade iron, more so than the 730 IMO. Very workable as well. Was waiting to be able to hit them to order, but I was convinced today!

Taylormade M2 9.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade M1 15 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade M1 19 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - PX 6.5
Taylormade P750 3-PW - DG X100
Titleist SM6 54.10S, 60.08M - DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89

The Grint Username: kreddell

Not surprised that the comments say they launch higher. Funny how most people assume an mb launches low. They don’t. Lol. More weight low below the equator of the ball the higher it will launch. Most modern irons have way too much weight high and toe side.

Totally random question.

Anybody with demo 7 irons pictured have access to the demo ping i500 and can get pics side by side ? . Just curious. Since the pics here have the TW iron looking like a GI club compares to the mp4.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I've already left my fitting, didn't think to compare it to anything else besides mine.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @bladehunter said:

> Not surprised that the comments say they launch higher. Funny how most people assume an mb launches low. They don’t. Lol. More weight low below the equator of the ball the higher it will launch. Most modern irons have way too much weight high and toe side.

>

> Totally random question.

>

> Anybody with demo 7 irons pictured have access to the demo ping i500 and can get pics side by side ? . Just curious. Since the pics here have the TW iron looking like a GI club compares to the mp4.

Left the course,

But definitely not a large footprint. I could see blade length being similar(ISH) to the i500. The sole is considerably thinner than the 730 fwiw

> @taylorx300 said:

> Blade hunter

> 7nzkpxrpsdjf.jpeg

> vsiojp1wso35.jpeg

> 1nf45xepeu57.jpeg

>

Thanks ! That’s what I figured. Very similar. I’m not complaining. Just was curious. The i500 is an iron I’m quite familiar with. So it gave me some scale.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Not surprised that the comments say they launch higher. Funny how most people assume an mb launches low. They don’t. Lol. More weight low below the equator of the ball the higher it will launch. Most modern irons have way too much weight high and toe side.

> >

> > Totally random question.

> >

> > Anybody with demo 7 irons pictured have access to the demo ping i500 and can get pics side by side ? . Just curious. Since the pics here have the TW iron looking like a GI club compares to the mp4.

>

> Left the course,

> But definitely not a large footprint. I could see blade length being similar(ISH) to the i500. The sole is considerably thinner than the 730 fwiw

>

Hmm. Now that is surprising. I’m not familiar really with the 730. Didnt I now it has a wider sole.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Not surprised that the comments say they launch higher. Funny how most people assume an mb launches low. They don’t. Lol. More weight low below the equator of the ball the higher it will launch. Most modern irons have way too much weight high and toe side.

> > >

> > > Totally random question.

> > >

> > > Anybody with demo 7 irons pictured have access to the demo ping i500 and can get pics side by side ? . Just curious. Since the pics here have the TW iron looking like a GI club compares to the mp4.

> >

> > Left the course,

> > But definitely not a large footprint. I could see blade length being similar(ISH) to the i500. The sole is considerably thinner than the 730 fwiw

> >

>

> Hmm. Now that is surprising. I’m not familiar really with the 730. Didnt I now it has a wider sole.

730 is slightly shorter blade, wider sole with tw being the inverse.

P> @JakeW13 said:

> Got a chance to hit a demo 7 iron at the PGA Superstore in Boston. What an incredible/unique feel to an iron, I would agree with the description of **solid**, definitely not a hard feel. Launched very high, and was spinning some crappy wilson balls at 6200. Took a few pics for you guys.

>

> wb2bo5q0ahth.jpg

> ascyuyj6ua0k.jpg

> 809oupc1yoij.jpg

> vcn1fci6uew7.jpg

Dear god tell me you didn’t use one of the gloves from the store ya filthy animal.

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> I bought a set of these 4-PW a week ago, but thinking of canceling my order now... it’s starting to seem to me like a losing proposition to own this set lol.

I mean they aren’t that special to me given the price. Too much like the p730 for me to spend the extra dough and with Nike you could get his blades for cheaper. Pay a few hundred extra for a tungsten plug which most irons have nowadays?

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > I bought a set of these 4-PW a week ago, but thinking of canceling my order now... it’s starting to seem to me like a losing proposition to own this set lol.

>

> I mean they aren’t that special to me given the price. Too much like the p730 for me to spend the extra dough and with Nike you could get his blades for cheaper. Pay a few hundred extra for a tungsten plug which most irons have nowadays?

>

I think you hit it on the head - the P730 are already aggressive priced at 1399... That alone used to be reserved for Miura or JDM territory (so I am chuckling already at what PCG has done to the market).

I'm very curious about the P7 but I just fail to see how this is a vakue-for-money play... And I love shiny objects as much as the next person believe me! But a roughly 45% markup for the same tech plus a tungsten weight indicates that about 35% of the markup is the woods factor (especially weird since there's no way these will be limited).

I'd wager the iron would be a lot better priced at 1599 or 1699 max

Everyone has to make their own determination, as there is no wrong or right - absent the folks who are trying to buy these to "flip" for a profit. The only way they are an investment is if you hold on to them for quite some time, and somebody wants a new set 5-10 years from now.

It's a matter of perception of the company. People will shell out $$ for PXG, which is a glorified S55, and equal to an i500. People will pay gobs of money for Miura and Vega. People will line up to buy the latest $400 shaft in use on tour when history has proven they don't last longer than a few months or a season in those players bags. Heck, even the top 3 at The Masters are playing shafts that are several years old in their woods.

I will say the argument they are just like the 730 just isn't true, unless, we just want to take it further that all clubs are lofted bricks on a stick, hitting a rock in a certain direction. They are shaped differently, weighted differently, different sole, different muscle back, etc. You could talk me into they are an updated Nike because that is true IMO.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> Everyone has to make their own determination, as there is no wrong or right - absent the folks who are trying to buy these to "flip" for a profit. The only way they are an investment is if you hold on to them for quite some time, and somebody wants a new set 5-10 years from now.

>

> It's a matter of perception of the company. People will shell out $$ for PXG, which is a glorified S55, and equal to an i500. People will pay gobs of money for Miura and Vega. People will line up to buy the latest $400 shaft in use on tour when history has proven they don't last longer than a few months or a season in those players bags. Heck, even the top 3 at The Masters are playing shafts that are several years old in their woods.

>

> I will say the argument they are just like the 730 just isn't true, unless, we just want to take it further that all clubs are lofted bricks on a stick, hitting a rock in a certain direction. They are shaped differently, weighted differently, different sole, different muscle back, etc. You could talk me into they are an updated Nike because that is true IMO.

The tw phase 1 irons looked different than the p730 and were an updated Nike. It had a traditional muscle pad on back of iron and soles weren’t as boxy with sharp edges vs the p730 and p7tw. I agree though, the pxg crazy caused TM to increase the price of their irons and add little things like a milled line across the back of iron to justify the price

• Like 1

I’m all over the fence with this one. If they released say 1000 sets numbered etc I could see the price vs 730. But. As is. Loooks like two batches sold out. So after that initial hype. I see slightly used sets being all over for $900 range. Like maybe 2 months from now. ( if they arrive on time).

At the same time. I do like initially what I see. So I’m going to test them when my chance comes , ( hopefully next week ) but I won’t be spending anywhere near $2k on a set in a special box. That’s why I’m torn.

These at first glance look to have the transition from hosel to face that I like in a true MB iron. And don’t show offset. A lot of today’s MB’s will show some offset in the long irons and will also have a oddly small pw that more matches a 9 iron. I like an iron where the 7 iron is the parting line. 7 goes with 6 and 8-9-pw are progressively larger and taller faced. The PW being an actual wedge. Not big. Just not like the 7 iron. Much like the VR pros.

In fact I’d buy a mint set of VR pros in a second. BuT you just can’t find them in nice new shape anymore. And today’s mb from mizuno , Tm callaway and titleist don’t fit this look that I want. It’s the style of late 90s early 2000s irons. I’m hoping these fit that.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > Everyone has to make their own determination, as there is no wrong or right - absent the folks who are trying to buy these to "flip" for a profit. The only way they are an investment is if you hold on to them for quite some time, and somebody wants a new set 5-10 years from now.

> >

> > It's a matter of perception of the company. People will shell out $$ for PXG, which is a glorified S55, and equal to an i500. People will pay gobs of money for Miura and Vega. People will line up to buy the latest $400 shaft in use on tour when history has proven they don't last longer than a few months or a season in those players bags. Heck, even the top 3 at The Masters are playing shafts that are several years old in their woods.

> >

> > I will say the argument they are just like the 730 just isn't true, unless, we just want to take it further that all clubs are lofted bricks on a stick, hitting a rock in a certain direction. They are shaped differently, weighted differently, different sole, different muscle back, etc. You could talk me into they are an updated Nike because that is true IMO.

>

> The tw phase 1 irons looked different than the p730 and were an updated Nike. It had a traditional muscle pad on back of iron and soles weren’t as boxy with sharp edges vs the p730 and p7tw. I agree though, the pxg crazy caused TM to increase the price of their irons and add little things like a milled line across the back of iron to justify the price

You definitely have to nerd out to see differences (NTTIAWWT)...Stock photos, but there are some subtle differences.

exyd7fejvbvt.jpg

543cttrjx7wk.jpg

osrpxnw9wl02.jpg

a5i2nk77bp80.jpg

q27mpacicsay.jpg

m33rkoycwgnc.jpg