2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> When I spoke with Taylormade, they said Tiger winning The Masters was the perfect storm for this release and they are now backed up like crazy on these irons (obviously). The original idea was to do a limited run, but with Tiger winning and the demand so high they are now doing a full release. Meaning, these will be available to order for years to come and in all major stores where you'd find their P730's and other irons. Not surprised they are backordered though since they at first only wanted to sell 1,000, and probably got many more thousands in actual pre-orders.

>

> It's crazy how much is changing daily on this release. At first you could only order them +/- .25", now you can fully customize them, now you can order them to Tiger's exact specs. This release has to be by far one of the biggest home runs for Taylormade in overall brand buzz and excitement. I'm actually happy I bit the bullet and got my order in when I did. They are supposed to arrive 5/1 with DGTI X100's and TV Cord grips. They aren't to TIger's lofts/lengths but since I'm going to game these myself I need them to my own specs anyway.

>

> Most importantly is (in theory at least) what I'm looking down at is exactly what Tiger looks down out when he plays. Now if only when I look up the ball flies how Tiger sees it too haha

you have been able to fully customize them on the TM website since day one.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @cav5 said:

> Id totally be interested if the heads were in his actual specs, I don't want to bend them and ruin the offset/bounce spec. I hope mizuno does this on their next MP release and includes a 2 iron.

From a commercial standpoint, there are about 3 people (and all reside here) who are looking to game Tigers specs and a blade 2 iron. The man himself doesn’t even hit that (Tiger,Rory etc hitting 5 woods).

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > @bfizzy said:

> > > > I noticed today that if you click on the "Customize" option on the site another popup asks if you want to to customize using your specs or just add to your cart with Tiger's specs

> > >

> > > Basically, TM will bend the lofts on the retail lofts to Tigers lofts. Of course that will alter the offset and bounce that will differ from both retail and Tigers specs.

> > >

> > > But you will get Tigers lengths, shaft (x100), grip.

> > >

> > Curious if the specs will be accurate. I mean do we know the true irons spec for tw? Ive read the whole 2* weak thing but how about length and lie?

> >

>

> Yes, as Ancasebeer showed the specs in terms of loft, length, lie, shaft, grip can be done with bending the retail irons....BUT as I mentioned, bending will not get the correct bounce and offset. Probably not a big deal for most, just may look a bit different especially the offset.

Yes, we know. People have been bending irons strong or weak for years and dealing with the corresponding changes to offset and bounce. It's not a big deal. Commercially, it makes no sense to release a set that is 100% Tiger's specs because most of the market would have to bump the lofts stronger to make them more playable.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > When I spoke with Taylormade, they said Tiger winning The Masters was the perfect storm for this release and they are now backed up like crazy on these irons (obviously). The original idea was to do a limited run, but with Tiger winning and the demand so high they are now doing a full release. Meaning, these will be available to order for years to come and in all major stores where you'd find their P730's and other irons. Not surprised they are backordered though since they at first only wanted to sell 1,000, and probably got many more thousands in actual pre-orders.

> >

> > It's crazy how much is changing daily on this release. At first you could only order them +/- .25", now you can fully customize them, now you can order them to Tiger's exact specs. This release has to be by far one of the biggest home runs for Taylormade in overall brand buzz and excitement. I'm actually happy I bit the bullet and got my order in when I did. They are supposed to arrive 5/1 with DGTI X100's and TV Cord grips. They aren't to TIger's lofts/lengths but since I'm going to game these myself I need them to my own specs anyway.

> >

> > Most importantly is (in theory at least) what I'm looking down at is exactly what Tiger looks down out when he plays. Now if only when I look up the ball flies how Tiger sees it too haha

>

>

>

> you have been able to fully customize them on the TM website since day one.

Day one off his thread or day one after all the sleeps ? I recall them being a limited release of only x100 to start with.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > @bfizzy said:

> > > > I noticed today that if you click on the "Customize" option on the site another popup asks if you want to to customize using your specs or just add to your cart with Tiger's specs

> > >

> > > Basically, TM will bend the lofts on the retail lofts to Tigers lofts. Of course that will alter the offset and bounce that will differ from both retail and Tigers specs.

> > >

> > > But you will get Tigers lengths, shaft (x100), grip.

> > >

> > Curious if the specs will be accurate. I mean do we know the true irons spec for tw? Ive read the whole 2* weak thing but how about length and lie?

> >

>

> Yes, as Ancasebeer showed the specs in terms of loft, length, lie, shaft, grip can be done with bending the retail irons....BUT as I mentioned, bending will not get the correct bounce and offset. Probably not a big deal for most, just may look a bit different especially the offset.

It’s a chicken or egg argument. We don’t know if tigers are bent to 49 pw to achieve less offset and more bounce. Or built there to start with and offset and bounce adjusted. In other words. These could be built off a 49 pw then bent to 47 to suit today’s distance race. Surely all irons are checked and adjusted one way or another. They don’t come out of the press the correct lie angle etc.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > When I spoke with Taylormade, they said Tiger winning The Masters was the perfect storm for this release and they are now backed up like crazy on these irons (obviously). The original idea was to do a limited run, but with Tiger winning and the demand so high they are now doing a full release. Meaning, these will be available to order for years to come and in all major stores where you'd find their P730's and other irons. Not surprised they are backordered though since they at first only wanted to sell 1,000, and probably got many more thousands in actual pre-orders.

> > >

> > > It's crazy how much is changing daily on this release. At first you could only order them +/- .25", now you can fully customize them, now you can order them to Tiger's exact specs. This release has to be by far one of the biggest home runs for Taylormade in overall brand buzz and excitement. I'm actually happy I bit the bullet and got my order in when I did. They are supposed to arrive 5/1 with DGTI X100's and TV Cord grips. They aren't to TIger's lofts/lengths but since I'm going to game these myself I need them to my own specs anyway.

> > >

> > > Most importantly is (in theory at least) what I'm looking down at is exactly what Tiger looks down out when he plays. Now if only when I look up the ball flies how Tiger sees it too haha

> >

> >

> >

> > you have been able to fully customize them on the TM website since day one.

>

> Day one off his thread or day one after all the sleeps ? I recall them being a limited release of only x100 to start with.

Day one of release. I went to the TM site and the offered a bunch of different shafts, grips etc.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BirdieBob said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > > @bfizzy said:

> > > > > I noticed today that if you click on the "Customize" option on the site another popup asks if you want to to customize using your specs or just add to your cart with Tiger's specs

> > > >

> > > > Basically, TM will bend the lofts on the retail lofts to Tigers lofts. Of course that will alter the offset and bounce that will differ from both retail and Tigers specs.

> > > >

> > > > But you will get Tigers lengths, shaft (x100), grip.

> > > >

> > > Curious if the specs will be accurate. I mean do we know the true irons spec for tw? Ive read the whole 2* weak thing but how about length and lie?

> > >

> >

> > Yes, as Ancasebeer showed the specs in terms of loft, length, lie, shaft, grip can be done with bending the retail irons....BUT as I mentioned, bending will not get the correct bounce and offset. Probably not a big deal for most, just may look a bit different especially the offset.

>

>

> It’s a chicken or egg argument. We don’t know if tigers are bent to 49 pw to achieve less offset and more bounce. Or built there to start with and offset and bounce adjusted. In other words. These could be built off a 49 pw then bent to 47 to suit today’s distance race. Surely all irons are checked and adjusted one way or another. They don’t come out of the press the correct lie angle etc.

yea, who knows what Tigers exact bounce and offset is on his playing irons, could be based off the standard loft or not on the p7tw. I could see how it would matter to some if they are trying to play the exact clubs Tiger does.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @cav5 said:

> > Id totally be interested if the heads were in his actual specs, I don't want to bend them and ruin the offset/bounce spec. I hope mizuno does this on their next MP release and includes a 2 iron.

>

> From a commercial standpoint, there are about 3 people (and all reside here) who are looking to game Tigers specs and a blade 2 iron. The man himself doesn’t even hit that (Tiger,Rory etc hitting 5 woods).

>

Yes I understand. I just don't like random gap wedges. It probably wouldn't effect anyones game that plays blades already but would maybe impact wedge sales.

• Like 1

G425lst Ventus Blk 6x

Sim Max 5w TZ6

MP20 HMB 3i x100 MID

ZX7mkii 4-P x100

T22 51S 56D 61X s400

Oworks 7s

> @kekoa said:

> Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

I’m looking for covers as we speak so you’re not alone. I’m going to be scared of sandy ranges

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

Z Star XV

> @kekoa said:

> Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

If they make the cut I’ll beat the snot out of them. No iron covers though. Most likely lead tape ASAP.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @kekoa said:

Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @Ty_Webb said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

>

> Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> >

> > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

>

> I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

damn, you are crazy!!! Would love to see pics once its all done.

I wonder if anybody will get theirs prior to the 5/1 release. The anticipation is killing me.

• Like 1

> @kekoa said:

I will be 100% gaming these, and I already know they will be the only irons that will hold firm in my bag. The Nike VR Pro blades are my all time favorite irons, gamed two sets of them over 4 years. My club hoing started once I switched from them and I have never really found something I've loved since. I still scour eBay for a unicorn new set to pop up, but I know it's not going to happen.

If these are anything remotely like the VR Pro Blades (which they should be and I've heard they are) then I'll be in heaven. Only downside is getting a backup set will be equally pricey, ugh!

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> >

> > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

>

> I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

Expect to lose 1-2 swing weight points from the finish removal.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

• Like 2

> @rgk5 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> > >

> > > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

> >

> > I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

>

> Expect to lose 1-2 swing weight points from the finish removal.

Thats only if you stripe the chrome off. I am just going to blast it so that it dulls the finish. Raw was the wrong word to use, I should just say bead blasted or brushed satin. haha.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Z4Z3R said:

> Also - tried to call TM to switch my order to 1 day shipping as I am now traveling that weekend. The guy told me that they would be 2 day air shipping even though I ordered the std free ground shipping. Just FYI for anyone else who got the std shipping that they may still get them by that Friday.

Awesome to know! When I spoke with TM he told me I was scheduled to get them in hand May 1. I assume that meant they would be built and appropriately shipped at whatever speed it took to get them to me in time. I almost sprung for upgraded shipping but glad I didn't!

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> > > >

> > > > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

> > >

> > > I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

> >

> > Expect to lose 1-2 swing weight points from the finish removal.

>

> Thats only if you stripe the chrome off. I am just going to blast it so that it dulls the finish. Raw was the wrong word to use, I should just say bead blasted or brushed satin. haha.

Please post photos when you do this. I've heard of people scratching the finish to give it a brushed satin look, but never bead blasting the chrome.

> @Z4Z3R said:

> Also - tried to call TM to switch my order to 1 day shipping as I am now traveling that weekend. The guy told me that they would be 2 day air shipping even though I ordered the std free ground shipping. Just FYI for anyone else who got the std shipping that they may still get them by that Friday.

Good to know. It sucks how they moved their distribution center to Kansas or somewhere like that. Previously most clubs would ship from Carlsbad, which is about an hr from me.

> @Z4Z3R said:

> I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

plus there goes out the window the precision bounce you are paying for with the milled sole.

• Like 1

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @Z4Z3R said:

> > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> plus there goes out the window the precision bounce you are paying for with the milled sole.

>

Exactly.... Perhaps if they are forged --> bent -->milled, the soles will still be good. In fact, that would be a very smart way to do it and could be another reason why milled soles are the future as they provide additional loft adjustments without effecting sole interaction.

I don't trust that's the case though.

> @kekoa said:

> > @Z4Z3R said:

> > Also - tried to call TM to switch my order to 1 day shipping as I am now traveling that weekend. The guy told me that they would be 2 day air shipping even though I ordered the std free ground shipping. Just FYI for anyone else who got the std shipping that they may still get them by that Friday.

>

> Good to know. It sucks how they moved their distribution center to Kansas or somewhere like that. Previously most clubs would ship from Carlsbad, which is about an hr from me.

My man, customer service rep Dominick, said they'd be shipping out of San Diego. May just be using the distribution centers for products they already have substantial inventory for.

But idk that for sure. Depends where final assembly is I suppose. I imagine they aren't then sending them to a distribution center though until they get more inventory.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> > > >

> > > > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

> > >

> > > I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

> >

> > Expect to lose 1-2 swing weight points from the finish removal.

>

> Thats only if you stripe the chrome off. I am just going to blast it so that it dulls the finish. Raw was the wrong word to use, I should just say bead blasted or brushed satin. haha.

Yes, that is quite different.

• Like 1

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @rgk5 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> > > > >

> > > > > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

> > > >

> > > > I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

> > >

> > > Expect to lose 1-2 swing weight points from the finish removal.

> >

> > Thats only if you stripe the chrome off. I am just going to blast it so that it dulls the finish. Raw was the wrong word to use, I should just say bead blasted or brushed satin. haha.

>

> Yes, that is quite different.

Yeah, I got a little a head of myself.... haha sorry.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

• Like 1

> @Pinging77 said:

> I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

>

> Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

Because it says right on the TM website that they are not the same...

These are the specs for the retail clubs

bugnajdtjrcg.png

These are the specs that Tiger plays.

ngxzow2hou9c.png

• Like 1