2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

Yea. The P7 has the better look from address for sure. Muscle pad extends up much higher on the P7. Which. Is like my titleist proto set. It’s nkt really more meat low on the 730. It’s just more meat all over on the P7. Moves the sweet spot up a touch on the face. Which is where it’s should be. Tells me that the sole should slice turf if the vertical cog is higher on the P7 as the muscle indicates. I could do with a little squarer toe. But if everything else checks off all I’d need is some lead tape tuning and lie angles tuned in.

That and will take a much smaller piece of lead tape to cover the logo on the P7 vs 730. Lol

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Yea. The P7 has the better look from address for sure. Muscle pad extends up much higher on the P7. Which. Is like my titleist proto set. It’s nkt really more meat low on the 730. It’s just more meat all over on the P7. Moves the sweet spot up a touch on the face. Which is where it’s should be. Tells me that the sole should slice turf if the vertical cog is higher on the P7 as the muscle indicates. I could do with a little squarer toe. But if everything else checks off all I’d need is some lead tape tuning and lie angles tuned in.

>

> That and will take a much smaller piece of lead tape to cover the logo on the P7 vs 730. Lol

Or you can just do the Fleetwood treatment to them and remove all the paint fill. If I get these that’s probably what I would do. Maybe leave the TM logo on the toe.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @denvergolf said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > Everyone has to make their own determination, as there is no wrong or right - absent the folks who are trying to buy these to "flip" for a profit. The only way they are an investment is if you hold on to them for quite some time, and somebody wants a new set 5-10 years from now.

> > >

> > > It's a matter of perception of the company. People will shell out $$ for PXG, which is a glorified S55, and equal to an i500. People will pay gobs of money for Miura and Vega. People will line up to buy the latest $400 shaft in use on tour when history has proven they don't last longer than a few months or a season in those players bags. Heck, even the top 3 at The Masters are playing shafts that are several years old in their woods.

> > >

> > > I will say the argument they are just like the 730 just isn't true, unless, we just want to take it further that all clubs are lofted bricks on a stick, hitting a rock in a certain direction. They are shaped differently, weighted differently, different sole, different muscle back, etc. You could talk me into they are an updated Nike because that is true IMO.

> >

> > The tw phase 1 irons looked different than the p730 and were an updated Nike. It had a traditional muscle pad on back of iron and soles weren’t as boxy with sharp edges vs the p730 and p7tw. I agree though, the pxg crazy caused TM to increase the price of their irons and add little things like a milled line across the back of iron to justify the price

>

> You definitely have to nerd out to see differences (NTTIAWWT)...Stock photos, but there are some subtle differences.

> exyd7fejvbvt.jpg

> 543cttrjx7wk.jpg

> osrpxnw9wl02.jpg

>

> a5i2nk77bp80.jpg

> q27mpacicsay.jpg

> m33rkoycwgnc.jpg

>

>

I’m probably coming from being a bit jaded on their irons, price of the p7tw doesn’t help. I ordered the p730 last year and not sure you read my story but they only sent me a couple irons at first and after weeks of waiting, I found there was a backorder on p730 heads for another month or so, I had paid a lot for the set too. I ended up just trying the ones they sent me and honestly wasn’t that impressed and decided not to wait the extra time for the rest of set. If you haven’t had much experience with p730, I can see how these would be tempting, no doubt.

Anyone, by chance, have in hand pics comparing the 730 and TW?

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > Everyone has to make their own determination, as there is no wrong or right - absent the folks who are trying to buy these to "flip" for a profit. The only way they are an investment is if you hold on to them for quite some time, and somebody wants a new set 5-10 years from now.

> > > >

> > > > It's a matter of perception of the company. People will shell out $$ for PXG, which is a glorified S55, and equal to an i500. People will pay gobs of money for Miura and Vega. People will line up to buy the latest $400 shaft in use on tour when history has proven they don't last longer than a few months or a season in those players bags. Heck, even the top 3 at The Masters are playing shafts that are several years old in their woods.

> > > >

> > > > I will say the argument they are just like the 730 just isn't true, unless, we just want to take it further that all clubs are lofted bricks on a stick, hitting a rock in a certain direction. They are shaped differently, weighted differently, different sole, different muscle back, etc. You could talk me into they are an updated Nike because that is true IMO.

> > >

> > > The tw phase 1 irons looked different than the p730 and were an updated Nike. It had a traditional muscle pad on back of iron and soles weren’t as boxy with sharp edges vs the p730 and p7tw. I agree though, the pxg crazy caused TM to increase the price of their irons and add little things like a milled line across the back of iron to justify the price

> >

> > You definitely have to nerd out to see differences (NTTIAWWT)...Stock photos, but there are some subtle differences.

> > exyd7fejvbvt.jpg

> > 543cttrjx7wk.jpg

> > osrpxnw9wl02.jpg

> >

> > a5i2nk77bp80.jpg

> > q27mpacicsay.jpg

> > m33rkoycwgnc.jpg

> >

> >

>

> I’m probably coming from being a bit jaded on their irons, price of the p7tw doesn’t help. I ordered the p730 last year and not sure you read my story but they only sent me a couple irons at first and after weeks of waiting, I found there was a backorder on p730 heads for another month or so, I had paid a lot for the set too. I ended up just trying the ones they sent me and honestly wasn’t that impressed and decided not to wait the extra time for the rest of set. If you haven’t had much experience with p730, I can see how these would be tempting, no doubt.

>

That sucks with a capital S. I had not read that...I do have the 730's and legit hated the turf interaction. In my limited 50 or so balls yesterday with a 7 iron, that was much improved with the P7TW. I can see why people would/wouldn't want these though based upon past experience and price - on both sides of the equation.

.> @mBiden2 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Yea. The P7 has the better look from address for sure. Muscle pad extends up much higher on the P7. Which. Is like my titleist proto set. It’s nkt really more meat low on the 730. It’s just more meat all over on the P7. Moves the sweet spot up a touch on the face. Which is where it’s should be. Tells me that the sole should slice turf if the vertical cog is higher on the P7 as the muscle indicates. I could do with a little squarer toe. But if everything else checks off all I’d need is some lead tape tuning and lie angles tuned in.

> >

> > That and will take a much smaller piece of lead tape to cover the logo on the P7 vs 730. Lol

>

> Or you can just do the Fleetwood treatment to them and remove all the paint fill. If I get these that’s probably what I would do. Maybe leave the TM logo on the toe.

Lol. That’s exactly where I’d put the lead tape.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What?!? No TP badge?!? Pffftttt...count me out! :)

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> What?!? No TP badge?!? Pffftttt...count me out! :)

They really need to bring the TP badge back!

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > What?!? No TP badge?!? Pffftttt...count me out! :)

>

> They really need to bring the TP badge back!

There was a mob uprising here a few years ago echoing those exact comments....pitchforks in hand! :smiley:

• Like 2

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Price aside, and I understand that is an important factor, but there are some key visual differences between the 730s and the TWs, and for players playing blades they can be big deals. TWs have a longer blade length, slightly shorter hosel, and the leading edge has a tiny bit of roll to it. I believe the top line is slightly thinner, and the face height is a shallower too. Keep in mind none of these are dramatic, but when you are working with a small platform, little changes can make a huge difference visually.

> @bfizzy said:

> Price aside, and I understand that is an important factor, but there are some key visual differences between the 730s and the TWs, and for players playing blades they can be big deals. TWs have a longer blade length, slightly shorter hosel, and the leading edge has a tiny bit of roll to it. I believe the top line is slightly thinner, and the face height is a shallower too. Keep in mind none of these are dramatic, but when you are working with a small platform, little changes can make a huge difference visually.

The TW irons have a progressive face height. Shallower long irons taller short irons.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > What?!? No TP badge?!? Pffftttt...count me out! :)

>

> They really need to bring the TP badge back!

"Tiger Preferred"

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

I’m definitely going to game these if I decide to keep my order, but I’m still torn. On one hand I think they are one of the nicest looking blades coming to market and the effect of them being “Tiger’s irons” really stick with me and I might love them, on another hand it’s a really expensive test for irons I may not love and might not at all hold their value seeing as they aren’t a limited quantity.

I also don’t know if I want to wait 2 months to get them... ugh...

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> I’m definitely going to game these if I decide to keep my order, but I’m still torn. ... It’s a really expensive test for irons I may not love and might not at all hold their value seeing as they aren’t a limited quantity.

>

> I also don’t know if I want to wait 2 months to get them... ugh...

I’ve been following this thread, which has been great!

I recommend hitting some VR Pros to get an idea on whether or not you’ll like these. As someone who plays the VR Pro Blades, these irons are a natural progression in terms of finding a new set that will provide the same sort of looks, feels, trajectory and flighting capabilities. Tommy Fleetwood provided validation, at least for me, regarding the characteristics listed above for the P•7TW vs the VR Pro Blade.

> @bambam said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > I’m definitely going to game these if I decide to keep my order, but I’m still torn. ... It’s a really expensive test for irons I may not love and might not at all hold their value seeing as they aren’t a limited quantity.

> >

> > I also don’t know if I want to wait 2 months to get them... ugh...

>

> I’ve been following this thread, which has been great!

>

>

> I recommend hitting some VR Pros to get an idea on whether or not you’ll like these. As someone who plays the VR Pro Blades, these irons are a natural progression in terms of finding a new set that will provide the same sort of looks, feels, trajectory and flighting capabilities. Tommy Fleetwood provided validation, at least for me, regarding the characteristics listed above for the P•7TW vs the VR Pro Blade.

>

That’s a main reason why I am tempted to keep my order. The VR Pro Blade remains to this day my favorite iron I have ever gamed. I still look on eBay for a new set to magically appear.

spent some time with a 7 iron today myself at demo day. Pretty stoked. It’s very much like my tastes wanted them to be. Was testing with s400 so not apples to apples. But feel is nice. Look is right. Turf interaction is there. Worlds of difference in feel vs the 730. ( hit that too beside my titleist set). 730 though was probably just that I didn’t like the sole. At all. I want an iron to slice. I’m a picker more than a digger and don’t want an iron to try to bounce at all. The P7 will keel. Lol. I’ll ask say that both the P7 and 730 I tested were too flat for me. But I made due.

Now I’m itching. I hope to have a full set to test later this week. And get them dialed in lie angle wise and probably reshafted to modus 130x. . ( I am going to test the x100 first )

I’ll post some comparison pics to other irons I have here when I get my hands on them. I hope the long irons are as sweet as the short.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> you guys go with Tiger lofts or standard lofts on your orders? His are like a club weak

No way to order his lofts as of yet. I think the last time TM mentioned, they are trying to make it a possibility to order his lofts.

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > you guys go with Tiger lofts or standard lofts on your orders? His are like a club weak

>

> No way to order his lofts as of yet. I think the last time TM mentioned, they are trying to make it a possibility to order his lofts.

You can get them in TW’s lofts, I did.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/P7TW-Irons/DW-AL447.html?cgid=taylormade-irons#start=1&

> @bladehunter said:

> spent some time with a 7 iron today myself at demo day. Pretty stoked. It’s very much like my tastes wanted them to be. Was testing with s400 so not apples to apples. But feel is nice. Look is right. Turf interaction is there. Worlds of difference in feel vs the 730. ( hit that too beside my titleist set). 730 though was probably just that I didn’t like the sole. At all. I want an iron to slice. I’m a picker more than a digger and don’t want an iron to try to bounce at all. The P7 will keel. Lol. I’ll ask say that both the P7 and 730 I tested were too flat for me. But I made due.

>

> Now I’m itching. I hope to have a full set to test later this week. And get them dialed in lie angle wise and probably reshafted to modus 130x. . ( I am going to test the x100 first )

> I’ll post some comparison pics to other irons I have here when I get my hands on them. I hope the long irons are as sweet as the short.

From personal experience, how would they compare to some other popular blades out there? I really loved the P730 irons and they performed surprisingly well for me--very straight. I'm curious if it's really worth keeping my order or not, especially since they seem like they are going to become widely available soon enough.

I’d say give them a month or so, from looking at their site, it seems the s400 shaft, 3 iron head and golf pride chord grip are the items causing delays. Others are able to order, I’ll give it awhile and test them vs others before I order a set. Maybe I’ll get ahold of people I know with TM to get reasonable price if so and yea the areas of p730 I didn’t like was the wider sole and how boxy it was with sharp edges, just cut into the ground. Seems to be better on these

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > spent some time with a 7 iron today myself at demo day. Pretty stoked. It’s very much like my tastes wanted them to be. Was testing with s400 so not apples to apples. But feel is nice. Look is right. Turf interaction is there. Worlds of difference in feel vs the 730. ( hit that too beside my titleist set). 730 though was probably just that I didn’t like the sole. At all. I want an iron to slice. I’m a picker more than a digger and don’t want an iron to try to bounce at all. The P7 will keel. Lol. I’ll ask say that both the P7 and 730 I tested were too flat for me. But I made due.

> >

> > Now I’m itching. I hope to have a full set to test later this week. And get them dialed in lie angle wise and probably reshafted to modus 130x. . ( I am going to test the x100 first )

> > I’ll post some comparison pics to other irons I have here when I get my hands on them. I hope the long irons are as sweet as the short.

>

> From personal experience, how would they compare to some other popular blades out there? I really loved the P730 irons and they performed surprisingly well for me--very straight. I'm curious if it's really worth keeping my order or not, especially since they seem like they are going to become widely available soon enough.

For me. I’d keep the order. The shape , fit and finish blows the 730 away. And if you’re a VR lover. You’re going to like the shape. I’d amend the order to a grip etc that is available. Or order them grip in the box and install what you want when they come etc. anything to speed it along.

Comparing them to current blades out there ? Honestly. They aren’t like any ive hit. Closest maybe the newest callaway mb. Just in dense feel and look at address. Also kind of reminded me of the mp5 at address and feel.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > spent some time with a 7 iron today myself at demo day. Pretty stoked. It’s very much like my tastes wanted them to be. Was testing with s400 so not apples to apples. But feel is nice. Look is right. Turf interaction is there. Worlds of difference in feel vs the 730. ( hit that too beside my titleist set). 730 though was probably just that I didn’t like the sole. At all. I want an iron to slice. I’m a picker more than a digger and don’t want an iron to try to bounce at all. The P7 will keel. Lol. I’ll ask say that both the P7 and 730 I tested were too flat for me. But I made due.

> > >

> > > Now I’m itching. I hope to have a full set to test later this week. And get them dialed in lie angle wise and probably reshafted to modus 130x. . ( I am going to test the x100 first )

> > > I’ll post some comparison pics to other irons I have here when I get my hands on them. I hope the long irons are as sweet as the short.

> >

> > From personal experience, how would they compare to some other popular blades out there? I really loved the P730 irons and they performed surprisingly well for me--very straight. I'm curious if it's really worth keeping my order or not, especially since they seem like they are going to become widely available soon enough.

>

> For me. I’d keep the order. The shape , fit and finish blows the 730 away. And if you’re a VR lover. You’re going to like the shape. I’d amend the order to a grip etc that is available. Or order them grip in the box and install what you want when they come etc. anything to speed it along.

>

> Comparing them to current blades out there ? Honestly. They aren’t like any ive hit. Closest maybe the newest callaway mb. Just in dense feel and look at address. Also kind of reminded me of the mp5 at address and feel.

Lol, now you've concerned me. I hate the new Callaway MB's, but I did somewhat like the MP5...

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > spent some time with a 7 iron today myself at demo day. Pretty stoked. It’s very much like my tastes wanted them to be. Was testing with s400 so not apples to apples. But feel is nice. Look is right. Turf interaction is there. Worlds of difference in feel vs the 730. ( hit that too beside my titleist set). 730 though was probably just that I didn’t like the sole. At all. I want an iron to slice. I’m a picker more than a digger and don’t want an iron to try to bounce at all. The P7 will keel. Lol. I’ll ask say that both the P7 and 730 I tested were too flat for me. But I made due.

> > > >

> > > > Now I’m itching. I hope to have a full set to test later this week. And get them dialed in lie angle wise and probably reshafted to modus 130x. . ( I am going to test the x100 first )

> > > > I’ll post some comparison pics to other irons I have here when I get my hands on them. I hope the long irons are as sweet as the short.

> > >

> > > From personal experience, how would they compare to some other popular blades out there? I really loved the P730 irons and they performed surprisingly well for me--very straight. I'm curious if it's really worth keeping my order or not, especially since they seem like they are going to become widely available soon enough.

> >

> > For me. I’d keep the order. The shape , fit and finish blows the 730 away. And if you’re a VR lover. You’re going to like the shape. I’d amend the order to a grip etc that is available. Or order them grip in the box and install what you want when they come etc. anything to speed it along.

> >

> > Comparing them to current blades out there ? Honestly. They aren’t like any ive hit. Closest maybe the newest callaway mb. Just in dense feel and look at address. Also kind of reminded me of the mp5 at address and feel.

>

> Lol, now you've concerned me. I hate the new Callaway MB's, but I did somewhat like the MP5...

Lol. Yea. As I’m sitting here thinking. It’s more mp5. As in sole and leading edge and overall feel. The callaway mb is a bit more rounder and blunt. And more marshmallow soft. Probably a bad example by me. P7 is definitely more miura solid than marshmallow soft.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock