2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @Pinging77 said:

> I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

>

> Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

So they can sell a useless gap wedge

> @kekoa said:

> Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

They are going straight in the bag and given some of the tournaments coming up, will probably get a few dings along the way.

> @Z4Z3R said:

> I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @kekoa said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Ty_Webb said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > Hopefully everyone who ordered a set will game these. I plan to for sure. i know the first sandy range ball will be tough. Don't ban me, but I'll probably use iron covers too. I can't stand how chrome blades look with chatter. :s

> > >

> > > Mine will be going in my bag. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to put them straight in or take them to the range first. I don't want to spoil them with range balls, but I also want to have a chance to try them out before I take them on the course.

> >

> > I am going to take them and get them sand blasted so they become raw heads.

>

> ****, you are crazy!!! Would love to see pics once its all done.

>

> I wonder if anybody will get theirs prior to the 5/1 release. The anticipation is killing me.

Quite possible.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Z4Z3R said:

> > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

>

> No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

>

> Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

>

I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Z4Z3R said:

> > > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> >

> > No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

> >

> > Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

> >

>

> I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

Right. But is that to 47 then weakened ? Or is it to 49 from the beginning ?

It’s a good question. It’s one of a couple scenarios. It’s either that TM doesn’t own the program to mill his irons. ( as in MT owns it ). Or that they are identical to tigers and are just bent to 47. Which lessens bounce. Or these are cheap imitations altogether.

The commercial where tiger speaks on these he says that the milled sole allows them to replicate his grind as many times as he needs. One would hope that they didn’t write a new program for a retail release. Literally makes no sense to do so. We can compare to tiger iron pics when they finally arrive and see.

Would be great if Taylormade would pop back in and tell us.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

> >

> > Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

>

> Because it says right on the TM website that they are not the same...

>

> These are the specs for the retail clubs

>

> bugnajdtjrcg.png

>

> These are the specs that Tiger plays.

>

> ngxzow2hou9c.png

>

>

>

>

Doesn’t seem to list offsets, or bounces. But if the Taylormade website says they aren’t what he plays why in God’s name would anyone buy a set, let alone be panting about them showing up. Basically just a more expensive better finished version of the junk Titleist peddled. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other as I only ordered a set to get a chuckle out of the box opening “experience producing” box. Doubt I will even hit them, just forward them to my nephew. Interesting to see Taylormade is peddling sort Tigers irons like Titleist did..

Thanks for finding the data on Taylormades site. I don’t think I have ever looked at their site and the last Taylormade club I owned/purchased was a R510 and before that an original Pittsburgh persimmon..Had a friend who would always send me Taylormade forgings from Japan going back to Firesole Forged, but never liked their designs even when Muira would do them. Always gave them away within days of receipt..

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

> > >

> > > Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

> >

> > Because it says right on the TM website that they are not the same...

> >

> > These are the specs for the retail clubs

> >

> > bugnajdtjrcg.png

> >

> > These are the specs that Tiger plays.

> >

> > ngxzow2hou9c.png

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Doesn’t seem to list offsets, or bounces. But if the Taylormade website says they aren’t what he plays why in God’s name would anyone buy a set, let alone be panting about them showing up. Basically just a more expensive better finished version of the junk Titleist peddled. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other as I only ordered a set to get a chuckle out of the box opening “experience producing” box. Doubt I will even hit them, just forward them to my nephew. Interesting to see Taylormade is peddling sort Tigers irons like Titleist did..

>

> Thanks for finding the data on Taylormades site. I don’t think I have ever looked at their site and the last Taylormade club I owned/purchased was a R510 and before that an original Pittsburgh persimmon..Had a friend who would always send me Taylormade forgings from Japan going back to Firesole Forged, but never liked their designs even when Muira would do them. Always gave them away within days of receipt..

>

>

Why in God’s name would anyone want to buy clubs that were tigers specs and not theirs?? I don’t understand you titleist junk statement either, other than to say you must just be trolling.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

He’s not talking lie angles. He’s talking sole grind tungsten placement and material. He isn’t wrong. I own and have worn out a set of real titleist 681 era tour issue blades that are of similar design to tigers last set. Comparing them to a 681 T replica is like comparing a corvette to a yugo.

I hope this isn’t the same.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Measured the 7tw demo against the p730...same length. Even though they're supposed to be .25 longer. Measured the 760 against the 730...same length, even though those are suppose to be .25 longer. Measured 730 against 750, same length...36.75 7 iron as listed. For those who ordered custom length, I would call TM ASAP.

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

> > >

> > > Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

> >

> > Because it says right on the TM website that they are not the same...

> >

> > These are the specs for the retail clubs

> >

> > bugnajdtjrcg.png

> >

> > These are the specs that Tiger plays.

> >

> > ngxzow2hou9c.png

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Doesn’t seem to list offsets, or bounces. But if the Taylormade website says they aren’t what he plays why in God’s name would anyone buy a set, let alone be panting about them showing up. Basically just a more expensive better finished version of the junk Titleist peddled. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other as I only ordered a set to get a chuckle out of the box opening “experience producing” box. Doubt I will even hit them, just forward them to my nephew. Interesting to see Taylormade is peddling sort Tigers irons like Titleist did..

>

> Thanks for finding the data on Taylormades site. I don’t think I have ever looked at their site and the last Taylormade club I owned/purchased was a R510 and before that an original Pittsburgh persimmon..Had a friend who would always send me Taylormade forgings from Japan going back to Firesole Forged, but never liked their designs even when Muira would do them. Always gave them away within days of receipt..

>

>

Bob P. Is that you?? :)

> @bladehunter said:

> He’s not talking lie angles. He’s talking sole grind tungsten placement and material. He isn’t wrong. I own and have worn out a set of real titleist 681 era tour issue blades that are of similar design to tigers last set. Comparing them to a 681 T replica is like comparing a corvette to a yugo.

>

> I hope this isn’t the same.

Now I need to see comparison pics!! Don’t let me down!

Avian 455 TL, 8.5º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60X
Avian 355 FW, 14.5º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60X
Avian 355 FW, 19º, OBAN Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70X
Titleist T200 4 iron, 24º, project X 6.5
Avian 335 blades, 5-9 irons, OBAN CT-125X

Titleist Vokey SM9 48.10F, TT X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 RAW 52.12F, 56.10F, 60.04T, TT S400

Weston Putters - Highland, KBS GPS 120

Launch Monitor - FlightScope Mevo+

Instagram

> @wesstlee18 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > He’s not talking lie angles. He’s talking sole grind tungsten placement and material. He isn’t wrong. I own and have worn out a set of real titleist 681 era tour issue blades that are of similar design to tigers last set. Comparing them to a 681 T replica is like comparing a corvette to a yugo.

> >

> > I hope this isn’t the same.

>

> Now I need to see comparison pics!! Don’t let me down!

I’ll post some between the set I’m playing and the P7 set as soon as my set hits my hands.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Oneon3putts said:

> Measured the 7tw demo against the p730...same length. Even though they're supposed to be .25 longer. Measured the 760 against the 730...same length, even though those are suppose to be .25 longer. Measured 730 against 750, same length...36.75 7 iron as listed. For those who ordered custom length, I would call TM ASAP.

Hmm. Interesting. So the P7 is supposed to be plus 1/4 inch in length ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I ordered mine +.25" so I can cut them down to the exact length I want.

Did the same for my P730's. I also install Prosoft inserts and apply the exact tape and gripe I want.

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

> @Golfrnut said:

> https://www.taylormadegolf.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-tmag-master-catalog/default/v1552070308908/manuals/LengthMeasurementNotice.pdf

So they are the right length and not a quality control issue. Thanks.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Z4Z3R said:

> > > > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> > >

> > > No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

> > >

> > > Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

> > >

> >

> > I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

>

> Right. But is that to 47 then weakened ? Or is it to 49 from the beginning ?

>

> It’s a good question. It’s one of a couple scenarios. It’s either that TM doesn’t own the program to mill his irons. ( as in MT owns it ). Or that they are identical to tigers and are just bent to 47. Which lessens bounce. Or these are cheap imitations altogether.

>

> The commercial where tiger speaks on these he says that the milled sole allows them to replicate his grind as many times as he needs. One would hope that they didn’t write a new program for a retail release. Literally makes no sense to do so. We can compare to tiger iron pics when they finally arrive and see.

>

> Would be great if Taylormade would pop back in and tell us.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18884951#Comment_18884951

-Just a follow-up for this.......As I stated the Tiger specs are derived from the Retail head and bent to Tigers loft/lie.

There is no separated Tiger head produced.

Verified: Matt, Product Specialitst TM

-He was not sure about bounce/offset, but suggested the heads would be Tigers specs.....which means when they are then bent that will change those specs.

Verified: Matt, Product Specialist TM

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Z4Z3R said:

> > > > > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> > > >

> > > > No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

> > > >

> > > > Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

> >

> > Right. But is that to 47 then weakened ? Or is it to 49 from the beginning ?

> >

> > It’s a good question. It’s one of a couple scenarios. It’s either that TM doesn’t own the program to mill his irons. ( as in MT owns it ). Or that they are identical to tigers and are just bent to 47. Which lessens bounce. Or these are cheap imitations altogether.

> >

> > The commercial where tiger speaks on these he says that the milled sole allows them to replicate his grind as many times as he needs. One would hope that they didn’t write a new program for a retail release. Literally makes no sense to do so. We can compare to tiger iron pics when they finally arrive and see.

> >

> > Would be great if Taylormade would pop back in and tell us.

>

>

>

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18884951#Comment_18884951

>

> -Just a follow-up for this.......As I stated the Tiger specs are derived from the Retail head and bent to Tigers loft/lie.

> There is no separated Tiger head produced.

> Verified: Matt, Product Specialitst TM

>

> -He was not sure about bounce/offset, but suggested the heads would be Tigers specs.....which means when they are then bent that will change those specs.

> Verified: Matt, Product Specialist TM

>

>

So. As I suspected. The grinds etc are same as tigers. Tigers irons are just bent to a 49 pw. Which I’m sure is done for multiple reasons ( bounce , offset and gaping to sand wedge ).

So all the hand wringing can be stopped about having to bend these a little weak . The added bounce is probably a plus for most.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BirdieBob said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Z4Z3R said:

> > > > > > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> > > > >

> > > > > No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

> > > > >

> > > > > Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

> > >

> > > Right. But is that to 47 then weakened ? Or is it to 49 from the beginning ?

> > >

> > > It’s a good question. It’s one of a couple scenarios. It’s either that TM doesn’t own the program to mill his irons. ( as in MT owns it ). Or that they are identical to tigers and are just bent to 47. Which lessens bounce. Or these are cheap imitations altogether.

> > >

> > > The commercial where tiger speaks on these he says that the milled sole allows them to replicate his grind as many times as he needs. One would hope that they didn’t write a new program for a retail release. Literally makes no sense to do so. We can compare to tiger iron pics when they finally arrive and see.

> > >

> > > Would be great if Taylormade would pop back in and tell us.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18884951#Comment_18884951

> >

> > -Just a follow-up for this.......As I stated the Tiger specs are derived from the Retail head and bent to Tigers loft/lie.

> > There is no separated Tiger head produced.

> > Verified: Matt, Product Specialitst TM

> >

> > -He was not sure about bounce/offset, but suggested the heads would be Tigers specs.....which means when they are then bent that will change those specs.

> > Verified: Matt, Product Specialist TM

> >

> >

>

> So. As I suspected. The grinds etc are same as tigers. Tigers irons are just bent to a 49 pw. Which I’m sure is done for multiple reasons ( bounce , offset and gaping to sand wedge ).

>

> So all the hand wringing can be stopped about having to bend these a little weak . The added bounce is probably a plus for most.

so when you get them bent for Tigers loft they are no longer the same bounce/offset as Tigers? That's what I gather from the post. If I am buying Tigers irons, that is one area I would like to be exactly like Tigers (bounce/offset). Tiger is really picky about that stuff and would be cool to play the same.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > I don’t understand why people think the published lofts and offsets for the Tiger irons aren’t what he plays. If these are supposed to be his irons why wouldn’t the specs be what he is using? They don’t qualify for game improvement clubs, so why have stronger lofts (actually same lofts as 718MBs etc).

> > > >

> > > > Short of Tiger proclaiming in an interview or a “poster” actually physically measuring his irons his P wedge is 49 degrees not the 47 listed on the sell sheet, I would have to call BS. Just more silliness on this site.. If the lofts and offsets aren’t what he is using then this set is no better than the junk T “limited editions” Titleist sold..

> > >

> > > Because it says right on the TM website that they are not the same...

> > >

> > > These are the specs for the retail clubs

> > >

> > > bugnajdtjrcg.png

> > >

> > > These are the specs that Tiger plays.

> > >

> > > ngxzow2hou9c.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Doesn’t seem to list offsets, or bounces. But if the Taylormade website says they aren’t what he plays why in God’s name would anyone buy a set, let alone be panting about them showing up. Basically just a more expensive better finished version of the junk Titleist peddled. Doesn’t matter to me one way or the other as I only ordered a set to get a chuckle out of the box opening “experience producing” box. Doubt I will even hit them, just forward them to my nephew. Interesting to see Taylormade is peddling sort Tigers irons like Titleist did..

> >

> > Thanks for finding the data on Taylormades site. I don’t think I have ever looked at their site and the last Taylormade club I owned/purchased was a R510 and before that an original Pittsburgh persimmon..Had a friend who would always send me Taylormade forgings from Japan going back to Firesole Forged, but never liked their designs even when Muira would do them. Always gave them away within days of receipt..

> >

> >

>

> Why in God’s name would anyone want to buy clubs that were tigers specs and not theirs?? I don’t understand you titleist junk statement either, other than to say you must just be trolling.

The Titleist Ts that they hurried up to get out before he left were absolute junk. Owned 4 sets.. mostly due to replacement sets (paid for 1) that had lousy chrome. Several hosels the chrome cracked and in some cases peeled off. The other sets after a few rounds the chrome was so thin on the faces they started to rust. Head weights were all over the map. Some that were close had the hickory dowel in the tip while others had lead or brass tip plugs because the head weight was so light. C7-C9 was a typical SW without the weight plugs on those. A couple of years later I was lucky enough to purchase one of the mahogany cased replicas of Tiger’s irons. Everything was exactly what he played, lofts, lies, shafts, sole grinds. Letters of authenticity included. Truly an exact duplicate of what he used while at Titleist. 50 made but only 25 had all the letters of authenticity.. Don’t know about all the sets of Tiger irons with S400 shafts they sold, but the 4 sets I had were pure trash...head weights all over the map, lousy chrome on faces and hosels, obvious not correct grinds, lofts were off from set to set let alone not Tigers specs.. hard to understand how my experience with 4 sets of these supposed limited editions of Tiger’s irons is trolling (I label them as trash or junk because each set that replaced the previous set got progressively worse—-I repeat not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 complete sets).. The 681s however did not have the same problems as the limited Ts did. In those days it was impossible to know who forged the blanks, Muira, Hoffman, Chicago Forge..

I had and played a set of Titleist T stamps as well. That was one of my favorite sets. There was a great thread a while back that for some reason you cannot access anymore since the site upgrade. It explained marvelously the differences between the 680, 681, and T stamp irons.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I also had a set of T stamps that I loved. Perhaps mine were unicorns, because they were put together very well. Dowels in all the shaft tips, correct head weights, no chrome peeling, etc.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @Z4Z3R said:

> > > > > > > I'm still not clear on the Tiger spec vs regular spec in regards to bounce. If they are forging/milling them at the std spec (which I imagine is the case) then getting them at Tiger's spec would mean they would have much more bounce than he actually plays with. This seems very crucial. If they are just bending to Tiger's specs, than I would feel like the standard would play more similar to Tiger's in regards to turf interaction.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No iron is forged to an exact spec. Only a window. A big window. Then sole is ground or milled and lie and loft bent ( as needed , probably in opposite order ). Like I said before. We don’t know if tigers are made to 49 degrees then sole is shaped. Or of he bends them weak to gain bounce and lose offset.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think about it. Using the logic that a head is made toa specific loft. Wouldn’t you also have to have many different heads for specific lie angle ? Most forged heads can be ordered plus or minus 4 degrees. That’s an 8 degree window. So 8 different heads needed for Stock ? Nope.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I would think they are milled to his exact spec, but could be wrong. Depending on the size of the forging their might be enough material to mill to his spec as well as mill to a more standard spec.

> > > >

> > > > Right. But is that to 47 then weakened ? Or is it to 49 from the beginning ?

> > > >

> > > > It’s a good question. It’s one of a couple scenarios. It’s either that TM doesn’t own the program to mill his irons. ( as in MT owns it ). Or that they are identical to tigers and are just bent to 47. Which lessens bounce. Or these are cheap imitations altogether.

> > > >

> > > > The commercial where tiger speaks on these he says that the milled sole allows them to replicate his grind as many times as he needs. One would hope that they didn’t write a new program for a retail release. Literally makes no sense to do so. We can compare to tiger iron pics when they finally arrive and see.

> > > >

> > > > Would be great if Taylormade would pop back in and tell us.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18884951#Comment_18884951

> > >

> > > -Just a follow-up for this.......As I stated the Tiger specs are derived from the Retail head and bent to Tigers loft/lie.

> > > There is no separated Tiger head produced.

> > > Verified: Matt, Product Specialitst TM

> > >

> > > -He was not sure about bounce/offset, but suggested the heads would be Tigers specs.....which means when they are then bent that will change those specs.

> > > Verified: Matt, Product Specialist TM

> > >

> > >

> >

> > So. As I suspected. The grinds etc are same as tigers. Tigers irons are just bent to a 49 pw. Which I’m sure is done for multiple reasons ( bounce , offset and gaping to sand wedge ).

> >

> > So all the hand wringing can be stopped about having to bend these a little weak . The added bounce is probably a plus for most.

>

> so when you get them bent for Tigers loft they are no longer the same bounce/offset as Tigers? That's what I gather from the post. If I am buying Tigers irons, that is one area I would like to be exactly like Tigers (bounce/offset). Tiger is really picky about that stuff and would be cool to play the same.

I get the opposite. I get that they aren’t his specs until bent weak.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @jll62 said:

> I also had a set of T stamps that I loved. Perhaps mine were unicorns, because they were put together very well. Dowels in all the shaft tips, correct head weights, no chrome peeling, etc.

Yes. But feel is totally different from the set I lucked into vs the T stamps I had.

It’s my understanding that Hoffman did the T stamps. But that virage tech did all ( or most ) of the Tour heads related to that era. This was relayed to me by a very well connected person , at least regarding my set.

Thread link here has a post by Tom Wishon explains who they are and the quality.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/546153/are-titleist-irons-forged-by-endo-if-so

I found several other mentions online of Miura borrowing forging ideas from them.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @QuigleyDU said:

> I had and played a set of Titleist T stamps as well. That was one of my favorite sets. There was a great thread a while back that for some reason you cannot access anymore since the site upgrade. It explained marvelously the differences between the 680, 681, and T stamp irons.

I’m not at all saying they are junk. I’m just telling you they aren’t the apex predator in that food chain you mention. The tour guys weren’t playing those irons. Not even tiger.

Point I’m trying to make is. I hope this version being released isn’t the same. Why ?

I’ve tried to unseat this set of irons I have since I discovered that the 9 iron face is slightly concave. As in you can just see daylight with a straight edge. But I haven’t been able to. Not with miura. Not with modern tech. Not even a nice set of T stamps. Same shafts etc. and they just feel different and shots are simply better. I want this set to replicate that solid feel and progressive face height in scoring clubs , desperately.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > I also had a set of T stamps that I loved. Perhaps mine were unicorns, because they were put together very well. Dowels in all the shaft tips, correct head weights, no chrome peeling, etc.

>

>

> Yes. But feel is totally different from the set I lucked into vs the T stamps I had.

>

> It’s my understanding that Hoffman did the T stamps. But that virage tech did all ( or most ) of the Tour heads related to that era. This was relayed to me by a very well connected person , at least regarding my set.

>

> Thread link here has a post by Tom Wishon explains who they are and the quality.

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/546153/are-titleist-irons-forged-by-endo-if-so

>

> I found several other mentions online of Miura borrowing forging ideas from them.

I liked the feel of my Ts, but I never had a chance to compare to the heads you ended up with, or the real deal replicas Titleist irons.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

This is great marketing by TM. You really think of TW plays a 49* PW they are going to bend them? This is a replica of a similar iron TW plays. You aren’t going to get the same iron Tiger makes with the same process unless you get it from the man who makes Tigers irons. That being said, I’m still happy they came out with these. This is from what it looks like a great job from TM especially if these are close to the VR PRO in terms of performance and also feel. For the same reason they didn’t do the length the same as Tigers... headweights would have be dialed in because the 9 iron and PW are the same length in his irons. We are getting a very good replica of his irons. Nothing more than that. I highly doubt the headweights are even the same as his. Has there been a post about the headweights?

• Like 1

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @cota0429 said:

> This is great marketing by TM. You really think of TW plays a 49* PW they are going to bend them? This is a replica of a similar iron TW plays. You aren’t going to get the same iron Tiger makes with the same process unless you get it from the man who makes Tigers irons. That being said, I’m still happy they came out with these. This is from what it looks like a great job from TM especially if these are close to the VR PRO in terms of performance and also feel. For the same reason they didn’t do the length the same as Tigers... headweights would have be dialed in because the 9 iron and PW are the same length in his irons. We are getting a very good replica of his irons. Nothing more than that. I highly doubt the headweights are even the same as his. Has there been a post about the headweights?

lol. Yep. Absolutely agree. I want to believe them. But in the back of my mind I know who makes Tigers irons. And I know that this is not from that same barn.

“ marketing “ is the nicest way to put it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Really good call by those who identified that having them BENT to Tiger's spec vs BUILT AT Tiger's spec produces a different club altogether. I assume this is no different that bending a wedge (reduces/adds bounce). Regular irons have bounce too, correct? So, bending them will alter the intended shape/bounce, etc.?

I didn't realize he had wooden dowels in the shafts (which are Pured, also)....some interesting nuggets in the Podcast with the guy from TXG.

• Like 1