2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @justinspicer23 said:

> I don’t understand all the hate over the price, if you can’t afford em or think that’s too much then don’t buy them. You guys can stick with your black boron joints or some other expensive iron that no one actually plays or has heard of and tell everyone how much better it actually is. These are the coolest irons to come to market in a long time though and a lot of us have been looking forward to em regardless of price for a long time .

Great contribution...2 posts and going to venture in that discussion. Greeaaat.

Well, " Thanks for stopping by San Diego". Lol ?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

> @jonn443 said:

> > @justinspicer23 said:

> > I don’t understand all the hate over the price, if you can’t afford em or think that’s too much then don’t buy them. You guys can stick with your black boron joints or some other expensive iron that no one actually plays or has heard of and tell everyone how much better it actually is. These are the coolest irons to come to market in a long time though and a lot of us have been looking forward to em regardless of price for a long time .

>

> Great contribution...2 posts and going to venture in that discussion. Greeaaat.

>

> Well, " Thanks for stopping by San Diego". Lol ?

What is the number of posts that would make him eligible to participate in the conversation?

• Like 1

> @justinspicer23 said:

>

> > Great contribution...2 posts and going to venture in that discussion. Greeaaat.

> >

> > Well, " Thanks for stopping by San Diego". Lol ?

>

> Technically its “you stay classy San Diego” or “thanks for stopping by” but I appreciate the effort .

Jokes on you sunshine...lol.

Check out 5:45

I (don't) appreciate your effort... Pretty weak.

>

>

>

>

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

> @denvergolf said:

> > @jonn443 said:

> > > @justinspicer23 said:

> > > I don’t understand all the hate over the price, if you can’t afford em or think that’s too much then don’t buy them. You guys can stick with your black boron joints or some other expensive iron that no one actually plays or has heard of and tell everyone how much better it actually is. These are the coolest irons to come to market in a long time though and a lot of us have been looking forward to em regardless of price for a long time .

> >

> > Great contribution...2 posts and going to venture in that discussion. Greeaaat.

> >

> > Well, " Thanks for stopping by San Diego". Lol ?

>

> What is the number of posts that would make him eligible to participate in the conversation?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wrx is a war zone lately. Little battle here little battle there

A peace communion must be reached soon

The general feelings on the boards is heated, along with threads like this.

I feel like we needled TM enough for now. They gave us reasonable info and answers. It’s not everything we’d like to know for sure I agree. But we are ruining the thread for the hard working players who have invested in this beautiful set. So probably should redirect focus in this thread a bit. That’s all. Can still ask questions and such. But less firey and attack feeling. We’re getting into the conspiracy stuff with rogue TM spies in the thread lol.

• Like 3

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @jonn443 said:

> > > > @justinspicer23 said:

> > > > I don’t understand all the hate over the price, if you can’t afford em or think that’s too much then don’t buy them. You guys can stick with your black boron joints or some other expensive iron that no one actually plays or has heard of and tell everyone how much better it actually is. These are the coolest irons to come to market in a long time though and a lot of us have been looking forward to em regardless of price for a long time .

> > >

> > > Great contribution...2 posts and going to venture in that discussion. Greeaaat.

> > >

> > > Well, " Thanks for stopping by San Diego". Lol ?

> >

> > What is the number of posts that would make him eligible to participate in the conversation?

>

> .

Oh come on, I missed it and it had to be something good, even if at my expense!

> @BearQ said:

> Wrx is a war zone lately. Little battle here little battle there

>

> A peace communion must be reached soon

>

> The general feelings on the boards is heated, along with threads like this.

>

> I feel like we needled TM enough for now. They gave us reasonable info and answers. It’s not everything we’d like to know for sure I agree. But we are ruining the thread for the hard working players who have invested in this beautiful set. So probably should redirect focus in this thread a bit. That’s all. Can still ask questions and such. But less firey and attack feeling. We’re getting into the conspiracy stuff with rogue TM spies in the thread lol.

>

>

What surprises me is the fact that so many people are debating whether these clubs are worth it or not. It's an age-old debate common in photography (Leica vs everyone else) and art (seriously, $8000 for THAT??!?!).

At the end of the day, a manufacturer brings a product to market, and people can (and really should) vote with their wallets. The P7TW isn't a mass market product. Neither are Miura irons. Or National Custom Works irons (beautiful). Or Fujimoto. I wouldn't spend money on a pair of Golden Goose Dynamic Brand (GGDB) sneakers, or the recent stuff from Balenciaga, or Y-3, but I know people who do, and I don't tell them what a waste of money it is, and how they should be spending their money.

This stuff is like religion - I won't go around dissing on someone else's religion, and I wouldn't like it if someone dissed on mine. Two people can have a mature, constructive discussion and agree to disagree in the end, but there must at least be respect.

Coming back on topic, I'm really curious to see (1) how they compare against my 501s, and (2) if anyone is going to take them apart in the coming weeks to share how 'precise' TM has made these. The claim is that these are all built within tight tolerances - tight by TW's standards - but is TM referring only to head production or for the entire club (swingweight, etc)? Not that it'd make a difference to my game, but I'm curious to see how far they went

• Like 4

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @ghoonk said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > Wrx is a war zone lately. Little battle here little battle there

> >

> > A peace communion must be reached soon

> >

> > The general feelings on the boards is heated, along with threads like this.

> >

> > I feel like we needled TM enough for now. They gave us reasonable info and answers. It’s not everything we’d like to know for sure I agree. But we are ruining the thread for the hard working players who have invested in this beautiful set. So probably should redirect focus in this thread a bit. That’s all. Can still ask questions and such. But less firey and attack feeling. We’re getting into the conspiracy stuff with rogue TM spies in the thread lol.

> >

> >

>

> What surprises me is the fact that so many people are debating whether these clubs are worth it or not. It's an age-old debate common in photography (Leica vs everyone else) and art (seriously, $8000 for THAT??!?!).

>

> At the end of the day, a manufacturer brings a product to market, and people can (and really should) vote with their wallets. The P7TW isn't a mass market product. Neither are Miura irons. Or National Custom Works irons (beautiful). Or Fujimoto. I wouldn't spend money on a pair of Golden Goose Dynamic Brand (GGDB) sneakers, or the recent stuff from Balenciaga, or Y-3, but I know people who do, and I don't tell them what a waste of money it is, and how they should be spending their money.

>

> This stuff is like religion - I won't go around dissing on someone else's religion, and I wouldn't like it if someone dissed on mine. Two people can have a mature, constructive discussion and agree to disagree in the end, but there must at least be respect.

>

> Coming back on topic, I'm really curious to see (1) how they compare against my 501s, and (2) if anyone is going to take them apart in the coming weeks to share how 'precise' TM has made these. The claim is that these are all built within tight tolerances - tight by TW's standards - but is TM referring only to head production or for the entire club (swingweight, etc)? Not that it'd make a difference to my game, but I'm curious to see how far they went

A lot more going on than just price talk. It’s not the $2k for irons. I’ve owned and played everything from Miura BB to raw miura tournament blades to pga tour van set of raw, blank , handground Vega ( Kyoei ) blades that literally we’re as fine as a any iron you can imagine. Works of art.

With these it’s the combination of TM , MT , $2k and TW ...... TM can sell these at a premium markup because of TW and MT...... otherwise it’s a 730 which as I’ve said drops to half value once you hit a ball. And a 730 owner here has confirmed he’d sell his for half of me now. Which tells me he knows they are worth less than that. Lol

Now you add in the fact that most of these are no longer limited at all. So the upcharge isn’t for collectibility , so what’s it for ? We also do not know who is getting the supposed limited sets and who isn’t. And I’ve posed the question 4x. Are the guys getting limited boxes paying same as the ones who aren’t ? If so. Why?

How you can place an order and not have that answer. I don’t know.

Another funny fact. I’ll probably have a set of these quickly. And I’ll build to my specs. And I’ll post what I find on the head weights compared to the competitors miura etc when I do. Good or bad. Same as I have with the m6 who’s release I hated. But club I loved.

• Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I'm very intrigued by this set - and I'm saying this while I own and love my Miura MB001 blades. The low offset, increased bounce and thin top line all sounds fantastic!

That said I'll be waiting for them to drop significantly in price. I'm firmly in the camp of companies charging whatever they want and people voting with their wallet. However, 2k for me is way too steep especially before getting fit properly. The tech is the same as the 730s and I'm not buying that the mill grind adds anything apart from looking sexy as hell (I mean really - how many of us are going to be able to tell the difference of 0.1mm???).

Last comment : the other posters were spot on. I just checked prices on the bay and I CANNOT BELIEVE how much prices for the 730 dropped already!! They're barely $500 in great condition. Wow!

Mine will be for sale for $5k. PM me to get in line. LOL

• Like 2

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

What a win for the big cat! And what great timing for the release of his irons!

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Get in line now boys!!!

• Like 1

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Well played Taylormade, well played

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

> @Anser said:

> Help me understand. Why would anyone want to buy these? Because a guy who may win a few more times before his career is over is using a set that sort of looks like them? They're nice looking blades but nothing different than any others that are available. What happens when he changes irons 2 weeks after your set comes in?

> I've just never understood the jockgrabbing of having to have "the same thing that pro guy is using"

> So explain like I'm a golden retriever or a small child :)

>

>

Still the needle. Just going to leave this here ?

xahqygue14w5.jpeg

• Like 1

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

> @Kylekoz17 said:

> > @Anser said:

> > Help me understand. Why would anyone want to buy these? Because a guy who may win a few more times before his career is over is using a set that sort of looks like them? They're nice looking blades but nothing different than any others that are available. What happens when he changes irons 2 weeks after your set comes in?

> > I've just never understood the jockgrabbing of having to have "the same thing that pro guy is using"

> > So explain like I'm a golden retriever or a small child :)

> >

> >

>

> Still the needle. Just going to leave this here ?

> xahqygue14w5.jpeg

>

More crow being served..

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> Not that I am interested in buying them, but I just added them to the cart on the TM site and the earliest shipping date is 09/18/2020? That's seems surreal. No one is going to wait more than a year for his set of irons to arrive lol

The description on the P7TW page says another run in Summer.

_Do to popular demand, most configurations are out of stock, you can still place an order for our second delivery expected to arrive this summer_

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

I'm looking on the site, and it appears the clubs can ship as early as 7/12/2019, but the TV cord grips are what delay it to 9/18/2020. Quite a long time, but if people really want the irons like Tiger I'm sure they will wait for them, or just order with different grips and replace with the TV cord. I unfortunately don't have the cash to get them, especially considering I just got some VPCs this past season! Will definitely look for a set eventually though...