Blueprint VS. P7TW

Classic 59

> @ProphetLogic said:

> Glad to see Ping is carrying on the tradition of making nice but somewhat ugly clubs.

huh? what about these do you think is ugly?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @ProphetLogic said:

> > Glad to see Ping is carrying on the tradition of making nice but somewhat ugly clubs.

>

> huh? what about these do you think is ugly?

The droopy shape of the muscle towards the toe kind of makes it look like they are having a stroke. And I could really do without the toe screw. For the record I do own a set of Eye 2s, not a Ping hater, they just look weird to me.

* iron down they are not appealing IMO.. Something about were the face meets the hosel...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > As usual modus is upcharge. ****. Good taste always cost more.

>

> The first question I asked was about the Modus shafts and the quick response was “nada”. You would think they would be in at this price point.

The fact that almost all shafts are an upcharge at this price point is absurd... they are charging $38/club just for C-Tapers...

• Like 1

Look on the bright side. If you order a set from ping. They build them and then they arrive. Lol

Order a set from TM and. Well 3 months later. Nothing.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > As usual modus is upcharge. ****. Good taste always cost more.

> >

> > The first question I asked was about the Modus shafts and the quick response was “nada”. You would think they would be in at this price point.

>

> The fact that almost all shafts are an upcharge at this price point is absurd... they are charging $38/club just for C-Tapers...

who plays c tapers anymore anyway. There is like one guy on the pga tour still playing them, lol

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > As usual modus is upcharge. ****. Good taste always cost more.

> > >

> > > The first question I asked was about the Modus shafts and the quick response was “nada”. You would think they would be in at this price point.

> >

> > The fact that almost all shafts are an upcharge at this price point is absurd... they are charging $38/club just for C-Tapers...

>

> who plays c tapers anymore anyway. There is like one guy on the pga tour still playing them, lol

Huh? There's a lot of guys on Tour that play C-Tapers. And if frequency of use is your barometer then look no further than PING charging $30/club for just standard PX shafts...

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > As usual modus is upcharge. ****. Good taste always cost more.

> > > >

> > > > The first question I asked was about the Modus shafts and the quick response was “nada”. You would think they would be in at this price point.

> > >

> > > The fact that almost all shafts are an upcharge at this price point is absurd... they are charging $38/club just for C-Tapers...

> >

> > who plays c tapers anymore anyway. There is like one guy on the pga tour still playing them, lol

>

> Huh? There's a lot of guys on Tour that play C-Tapers. And if frequency of use is your barometer then look no further than PING charging $30/club for just standard PX shafts...

really? I can only think of two, Rose and Woodland. Alot of guys put them in the bag back when they first came out and then they all dropped them.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > As usual modus is upcharge. ****. Good taste always cost more.

> > > > >

> > > > > The first question I asked was about the Modus shafts and the quick response was “nada”. You would think they would be in at this price point.

> > > >

> > > > The fact that almost all shafts are an upcharge at this price point is absurd... they are charging $38/club just for C-Tapers...

> > >

> > > who plays c tapers anymore anyway. There is like one guy on the pga tour still playing them, lol

> >

> > Huh? There's a lot of guys on Tour that play C-Tapers. And if frequency of use is your barometer then look no further than PING charging $30/club for just standard PX shafts...

>

> really? I can only think of two, Rose and Woodland. Alot of guys put them in the bag back when they first came out and then they all dropped them.

Maybe that's true that they have since dropped them. Fowler was a long-time C-Taper S+ player, but I know recently he's trying the DG S400's. Cameron Champ another long-time C-Taper player who went DG X100, but I think he's back in the C-Taper. Steve Stricker another long-time C-Taper guy.

I guess that's really only a handful though and not a lot when you compare it to PX/DG use, lol.

• 2 months later...

Must have missed where I disagreed with 8620 being more durable than 1025. 8620 is technically a hard steel alloy, not a soft carbon steel like 1025. As Mizuno correctly pointed out the use of forged on many of today’s irons is misleading using theirs and others definition. Where the whole club isn’t traditionally forged Mizuno is upfront like with their new HMB. 8620 is indeed durable and why many OEMs have used it for decades on wedges. Forged 8620 typically experiences 4 or less “hammer blows” (as Tom Wishon said you can forge anything all you need is a bigger hammer). Mizuno and Muira for example using 1025 use 14-21 hammer blows with repeated heat treatments. They then machine grooves and in TM cases soles. Forged 8620 is usually 4 stamps followed by many machining steps (10-21). That is exactly how the old Anser forged irons were made, and rejected in Asia as not a true forging to the Japanese market (per 6 golf equipment businesses I dealt with in Japan for decades). Pings history with forgings is their first 3 iron sets were traditionally forged carbon steel heads that were purchased from golf craft and machined to be a cavity back. Since then they forged 2 models of ansers from 8620 that had very sophisticated machining. Since then they have used 8620 in Glide 2.0 Stealth (cast), and Glide forged. Absolutely nothing wrong with forged 8620 Blueprints. If you have the opportunity compare the feel to ANY of Mizunos new offerings including the HMB that is a grain flow forged face and neck from chromoly steel and a welded on stainless steel back. Pretty eye opening in the feel department..

Went to two seminars with known wedge designers who were big fans of cast 8620 for their wedges but saw no advantage to forging 8620 and yes just like Mizuno and the copper layer they had their tour pros hit both forged and cast 8620 wedges. Unlike Mizuno where the copper underlayed irons were picked for feel there was no advantage to forging 8620. But they do and have produced forged wedges using carbon steel..

> @BearQ said:

> C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

>

> I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

> @BearQ said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

> >

> > I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

>

> Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

>

I have become a fan of the $ taper. It is a bit high launching but still good.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

> > >

> > > I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

> >

> > Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

> >

>

> I have become a fan of the $ taper. It is a bit high launching but still good.

Yep I would think its a happy medium. I played it for a few months in gap wedge alone and it held up well for the most crucial into the wind shots. Hows workability?

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

> > >

> > > I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

> >

> > Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

> >

>

> I have become a fan of the $ taper. It is a bit high launching but still good.

Do you know what the difference is between the $ taper lite and the c taper lite?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

> > > >

> > > > I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

> > >

> > > Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

> > >

> >

> > I have become a fan of the $ taper. It is a bit high launching but still good.

>

> Do you know what the difference is between the $ taper lite and the c taper lite?

Pretty big difference. The $ is a mid launch mid spin 130 gram shaft. The c taper is still low launch low spin but maximum weight is 110.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @BearQ said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > > C taper use is significantly down, but still see them in a few bags at nearly every tournament, worldwide

> > > >

> > > > I was just fit last week for c taper lite and really loved the feel of them for my swing. Much more stable for me than the modus 120 that I was fit into 2 years ago

> > >

> > > Was a driving range star for me but not great on real course performance especially 3/4 and feel swings. 120 modus is notoriously loose, SPB was their all time best shaft

> > >

> >

> > I have become a fan of the $ taper. It is a bit high launching but still good.

>

> Yep I would think its a happy medium. I played it for a few months in gap wedge alone and it held up well for the most crucial into the wind shots. Hows workability?

I like it. I will be honest I am not the most " work the ball guy" but it seem s to do what I need when I do my part. Mostly I love how it feels.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Look on the bright side. If you order a set from ping. They build them and then they arrive. Lol

> >

> > Order a set from TM and. Well 3 months later. Nothing.

>

> Thankfully, I have never had to wait 3 months for a TM product.

If anybody wants a new set. The shop where I ordered still has the set I had reserved ( then canceled after 3 months ) for sale. Displayed front and center , and no bites. Layer of literal dust on the box.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Look on the bright side. If you order a set from ping. They build them and then they arrive. Lol

> > >

> > > Order a set from TM and. Well 3 months later. Nothing.

> >

> > Thankfully, I have never had to wait 3 months for a TM product.

>

> If anybody wants a new set. The shop where I ordered still has the set I had reserved ( then canceled after 3 months ) for sale. Displayed front and center , and no bites. Layer of literal dust on the box.

I've been watching a few sets on eBay and they usually end up at around 1.2k for 4-pw in good condition from a reputable seller.

I've seen a few sets in Pro shops in Switzerland. Here they are even more expensive. Roughly 2.5k for 7 clubs and 2.9 for 8 clubs.

The Taylormade seem a lot like the VR Pro blades that came out back in the day. Obviously with Tiger and Taylormade they made some improvements. But the Blueprints are just so different from what Ping has done in the past. So, i would go with Ping. I could be a little bias because I am a Ping guy, but oh well.

Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
Titleist Pro V1x

• 4 weeks later...

For owners of the Taylormade P7TW irons, would someone please post quality address pictures of the short irons (ie 8,9, and PW) from the address position? I’ve searched all over and can’t seem to find any. There are serval of the 7 and 6 irons on the internet, but virtually none of the short irons.

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

• 3 weeks later...

Any actual testing of these two irons? I just got a set of p7tw and they are very nice.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

• 1 year later...

Blindly picked up a set of the p7tw's after having a brief stint with the blueprints early this spring. Came from a set of iblades, excited to hit these in the simulator. Absolutely love the look of the blueprints but just couldn't seem to get along with them (probably shafts had project x lz 6.5).

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2020 at 1:00 PM, collje26 said:

Blindly picked up a set of the p7tw's after having a brief stint with the blueprints early this spring. Came from a set of iblades, excited to hit these in the simulator. Absolutely love the look of the blueprints but just couldn't seem to get along with them (probably shafts had project x lz 6.5).

How do you like th p7tw? I know it’s been a while but I am all coming from iblades and looking for some p7tw to play so interested in your feedback. Will try blueprints this wed at ping fitting but loved the p7tw 7 iron I hit at TM demo day last week 

13 hours ago, ericft said:

How do you like th p7tw? I know it’s been a while but I am all coming from iblades and looking for some p7tw to play so interested in your feedback. Will try blueprints this wed at ping fitting but loved the p7tw 7 iron I hit at TM demo day last week 

Like the typical wrxer I got rid of them lol. Played really well with them, averaged around 72 with them in tournament play in 2021 with a low of 67 but for some reason I always go back to ping. I went back to a set of blades and now I’m currently in a set of i59’s. 

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux