Dallas/Ft Worth Area Courses

cjblake09

I'm actually interested to see how this plays out. Members can easily pay the assessment but almost all of them are members of other clubs so they can simply say F you and go play somewhere else.

If enough members leave or their reputation takes a dive then that can spell gloom for the course regardless of all the wealth (once your membership/reputation plumits then your screwed, especially in DFW where it seems like highend country clubs are on every street corner).

Have never played there myself. I know a handful of people who have and it sounds like it is above average. I don't know if you asked this question with regards to joining there or not but it may be one of the best deals going in the area for both initiation (around $5K) and monthly (around $500). That's according to the latest Avid Golfer magazine. They are also have new owners.

Anyone still getting some golf in ? I live in Richardson and this is the breakdown as of this morning

City of Dallas courses closed. City of Plano course closed (Pecan Hollow).

City of Allen course (Watters creek) and City of RIchardson (Sherrill Park) remain open. All the nearby clubcorp clubs are open (Canyon Creek, Prestonwood, Brookhaven). One of the few public courses that isn't city owned near my house (Duck Creek) sent an email this morning saying golf portion will remain open but clubhouse is limited to take-out orders only, TV's and tables are being put up

Drove by Alpha road yesterday and saw people playing at Northwood so I'm assuming at some of these non-clubcorp country clubs there at least keeping the golf portion open but limiting dining to take-out only + cancelling events/meetings

I got an email from Texas Star that said they were implementing a twosome's only policy with single riders in carts and tee times are 20 minutes apart. Of course the range and practice area is closed and food service is limited like other courses etc.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I played the Bridges up in Gunter yesterday. It's CPO & no range due to the weather. They've put the PVC pipe in the holes to make sure you can get your ball out with out touching the cup & recommending leaving the flag in. I didn't notice any restrictions other than that.

They did close the grill to take out only.

Were courses required to close due to the Shelter in Place? I'm in Austin and they are supposedly enacting that here tomorrow. Our munis have been "closed" but all have a sign that you can walk on and play just practice social distancing.

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

I'm so confused as to what's legal and what's not

Few days ago all the courses started shutting down via governors order.

I drive past Sherrill Park in Richardson today at 5pm and there's 200 cars in the parking lot (place was packed). I texted the coach that I use to do lessons with at that course and he said they found a way to classify the course as "essential business". All the other nearby city courses are closed though ???

I then drive past Canyon Creek (clubcorp club in Richardson) and the place is packed and there all driving clubcorp golf carts ??? How is it open when Prestonwood and Hackberry (2 nearby clubcorp clubs) are closed ? (even Brookhaven posted on there facebook page that there closed).

Then at 7pm I get an email from Duck Creek (lowend hacker course in Garland) and they said there back in business, golf only no driving range or dining ?????

Is someone paying brides to city hall ? (Course: "deem our business essential and we'll give everyone on city payroll prority times") or is the governor stretching the term "essential business" ?

EDIT: Drove past Firewheel as well and someone was walking (clearly snuck on, place was closed)

City of Plano (which usually runs a very tight ship) had put on Pecan Hollows website last week that they where closed till April 2nd due to government shutdown, all city facilites closed (rec centers, libraries, schools, parks, golf course).

I go on Pecan's website today and the closed statement is now gone and there accepting online tee times again

Slowly these courses are starting to open back up for now

Yeah I walked Brookhaven since they said anyone can walk if they want to. Very unimpressed to be honest, I felt like I was playing on a mid level city course. No way I would pay $500+ a month to play there, seems like clubcorp is doing the absolute bare minimum on that course (just good enough to where you can't complain but doesn't really feel like your playing a country club quality course)

Sherill park is in a small section of Richardson that's technically "collin county" so that has to be how there getting around the ban. Same with Canyon creek country club (brookhaven and prestonwood told all there members that if you don't want to walk you can go play at Canyon creek, there open and have carts).

Would make sense as to why they picked Canyon Creek, all there other Collin County clubcorp courses are tier 1 which are more restrictive on outsiders (Stonebriar, Gleneagles, TPC craig ranch).

• Like 1

Yeah, I think there's so many people playing out there that it gets beat to hell. The good news is that when the range is closed the place is virtually empty most times. Maybe I'll try again today.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Yes. Course is closed but they still have to leave the course open for play since there still charging all the members (same with Prestonwood Creeks). Walking only though, they told all the members that want carts to play at Canyon Creek. I'm not a member so I was at least respectful (I waited at the 2nd tee for about 15 minutes till I had a large gap between groups).

I thought about sneaking onto Bent Tree to play since it's closed. I walked the cart path Tuesday and saw 2 different members playing. They where just carrying there bags. Both where real nice to me even though it's obvious I wasn't a member. One of them even told me "grab your clubs and get our here" (lol)

Denton county is closing shop. Bridlwood closed thursday. Tour 18 closed thursday as well (flower mound police physically showed up to close it personally). All the Preston Hills course members (Hills course is barely inside the denton county lines) all got emails Saturday saying there closed.

Looks like Dallas County and Denton County are on shutdown mode. I find it funny that Collin County which is in the middle of those 2 literally don't care. There open for business (Sherrill Park and Pecan Hollow are completely packed, never seen so many cars in a golf parking lot in my life).

All the tier 2 clubcorp courses in Dallas county (Hackberry, Prestonwood Creek, Brookhaven) told all there members if they want a cart go play at Canyon Creek it's open (Canyon creek is barely inside the collin county line, same with Sherrill Park). Both courses have holes that our in Dallas county but the clubhouses/pro shops for both barely inside the line, talk about a legal loophole

There is one public course that I know of in Dallas county (Duck Creek in Garland) that's for some reason still open. They closed the range and our hoping by doing that garland police won't show up to shut them down

That's because Judge Eads (Denton) and Judge Jenkins (Dallas) think they are somehow far superior than everyone else and know what is best for us. Judge Hill (Collin) would rather let the citizens decide what is best for them and that they follow CDC guidelines (6', no gatherings <10, etc). Tarrant had Pecan Valley open yesterday, no pins or carts but the range was open and lots of walkers.

Tier 1 Club Corp can play Glen Eagles and Stonebridge, both in Collin. While private clubs are "closed for golf", there is no prohibition against members walking a course for exercise with a bag of clubs on their back and stopping to hit a ball along the way - just keep your 6' distance and don't touch anything.

For some reason, Eads, Jenkins and some members of society have a real problem with people trying to make the best of this horrible situation and the thought of having a little fun while staying safe is wrong. We should all be inside watching CNN as our financial and mental health gets destroyed creating a much bigger problem than what Corona has done.

• Like 3

To be fair those 2 judges knew that most of these golf courses weren't going to follow the guidelines and where going to try to maximize business.

Hard to claim these courses are staying safe when most of them are doing groups of 5 with shared carts and people 3 feet apart on the range.

It's like banning a teen from having a sports car and then trying to spin it as "uhh there trying to tell him what car to drive" when that same teen is going 50mph down residental roads everyday. It's like we know what the most likely outcome is going to be regardless of what you say your going to do