COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Ooopps .... Meant 9F :russian_roulette:

Flex - You could prob get away with an untipped X - Maybe an S tipped 3/4 ish ...

107 ... Hmmmmm ... Thinking .... Gonna read you post again

IF you are missing right - Go S tipped 1/2 - to 3/4 - You probably swing a hair less than that in the real world

Do you know what weight (shaft) you were looking at

PM me so the 9015 / FT guys can put down the ROBO VooDoo dolls :lol: - (I actually love it ;) )

I jumped on the Koolaid bandwagon a month back when my L4V F 9.0 with stock redboard arrived from the US. Its a demo club so i'm wondering if its comparable / better / worse than a used club?? previously had the Speed LD F which i was enjoying immensely but after going thru the 80 pages of pearls of wisdom on the L4V could not help but order one.

We dont have the benefit of a launch monitor in Pakistan to fine tune the optimal shaft (also limited makes of used shafts are available here) so i was wondering if someone can help id a cost effective shaft for me. All i got measured was my ss which is 105. i would have opted for the L4V X but my natural drive is a fade to a slice; hence the F.

Have read a lot about tipping the shaft but won't it have the same results if i choke down on the grip?? i am normally getting 275 - 300 yardage with a normal swing but reach 325 - 350 if i really crank it. trajectory is a trifle high for my liking.

Thanx again Robopti for showing us the right path!!!!

Help Wanted,

Still waiting for a reply to my earlier post. anybody out there???

I jumped on the Koolaid bandwagon a month back when my L4V F 9.0 with stock redboard arrived from the US. Its a demo club so i'm wondering if its comparable / better / worse than a used club?? previously had the Speed LD F which i was enjoying immensely but after going thru the 80 pages of pearls of wisdom on the L4V could not help but order one.

We dont have the benefit of a launch monitor in Pakistan to fine tune the optimal shaft (also limited makes of used shafts are available here) so i was wondering if someone can help id a cost effective shaft for me. All i got measured was my ss which is 105. i would have opted for the L4V X but my natural drive is a fade to a slice; hence the F.

Have read a lot about tipping the shaft but won't it have the same results if i choke down on the grip?? i am normally getting 275 - 300 yardage with a normal swing but reach 325 - 350 if i really crank it. trajectory is a trifle high for my liking.

Thanx again Robopti for showing us the right path!!!!

Help Wanted,

Still waiting for a reply to my earlier post. anybody out there???

whether or not a demo is the same as a used club? it depends on the condition of the demo...it could've been hit once and still be called a demo. if it looks, feels and performs well, no need to question the demo club.

on another note, i really considered kicking the l4v out of the bag early in the season. then yesterday, i figured out that i was standing too close to the ball. bombed every shot ~280-300 right down the pipe. hit 1 slice but it still went damn far. post honeymoon is here, but still loving every second of it! hehe

got a pype in my L4 now....waiting for it to come back from aldila....someithing wrong with the shaft.

if it still isnt right....what should i put in it now.

i loved the pype. what is close??

V2? Epic? ....etc????

what do you guys recommend now??????

i want something that plays x stiff....but still feels smooth

Similiar to Pype in that head ... Z series Fuji !!! - Poss the True Temper / Proj X Tour shaft

So there was an L4V F-speed 10* with stock shaft sst pured at my local Golf Galaxy for $123.99, and I went home to grab a putter to trade towards it.... like a dumb@$$ I didn't ask them to hold it, and it was gone when I came back an hour later..

I am so pissed right now. :help: :aggressive: :angry:

:angry22:

:search:

Grrrrrrrr, I HATE when that happens! Almost as bad as being outbid on Ebay in the last 15 secs!

So there was an L4V F-speed 10* with stock shaft sst pured at my local Golf Galaxy for $123.99, and I went home to grab a putter to trade towards it.... like a dumb@$ I didn't ask them to hold it, and it was gone when I came back an hour later..

I am so pissed right now. :help: :aggressive: :angry:

:angry22:

:search:

After putting the L4V x against the R9, R9 460 and FT 9 Tour's with all the $300 shafts, I'm back to the L4Vx. L4V x was longest by a slight margin but the L4Vx is also the most accurate for me. Forgive me Robo for I have strayed and now have seen the light. Seriously though, these new drivers this year are something else. They are revolutionary in that we the consumers have so much control over shafts and weight configs. Great time to be a golf ho these days.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

After putting the L4V x against the R9, R9 460 and FT 9 Tour's with all the $300 shafts, I'm back to the L4Vx. L4V x was longest by a slight margin but the L4Vx is also the most accurate for me. Forgive Robo for I have strayed and now have seen the light. Seriously though, these new drivers this year are something else. They are revolutionary in that we the consumers have so much control over shafts and weight configs. Great time to be a golf ho these days.

After 2 shafts and no love --------- traded my L4v for a Nike 5900. Now I know I should have been playing the 5900 last season. I have only used it for 9 holes but it was my best drving day for a very long time.

Straighter than the Fti and longer than the Fti I played a year ago and a thousnad times better than the L4 v (for me).

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I just switched shafts on my Cobra L4V-X.

Ex--Fujikura Tour Spec SPD-761TB-77g, 44 3/4 in, tipped 3/4 in, D4ish weight. It is a great shaft, 757 bend profile--but a little softer in the butt and mid. Spun less than than the real 757 I have in my 2 wood. All black with the Fuji tour graphics-beautiful.

New-- Fujikura F1 Motore-65g model, 45 in, tipped 1 in, D4, a little bright with the red/yellow--but its growing on me. The tip-tech in the Fuji drew me in, I thought it would match well with this head.

Numbers-- SS plus .6 mph--109.4, ballspeed plus 1 mph--159.3, Distance C=R plus 2yds--283, Spin 2900+ avg (about 220 rpm more). Indoor monitor at a big box store, but on-course action seems to reflect these numbers.

Negligible numbers right?

Well the spin increase is a ball change--thought I loved the E7, but in the end I wanted more greenside yak. So, I am now playing the HX 56 again. I find logo overuns everywhere online cheap, almost E7 price. Fair tradeoff for 200 rpm.

And finally---feel. I mean F-E-E-L. It swings lighter, more connected, and I can really let the shaft out w/o worry. What a shaft, what a combo. Play tested at my 2 bomber courses here: Metrowest and Eagle Creek. 21 for 25 in fairways. I kept the Tour Spec around just in case the Motore turned out to be not all that, but it is and the Tour Spec will soon be in another club--maybe a Squareway I am flirting with.

And a recurring theme in this 80 PLUS page thread-- GRACIAS ROBO! :smilie_fuji:

Okay Rob, here is the deal, had all sorts of problems with the L4V X, now has a BB in it in 63 gram, feels kinda whippy but I am knocking the crap out of it, it's flying to where my other driver would roll out to, I am getting a very high launch, the BB is a S flex so would tipping it about 1/2 to 3/4" do the trick or would a Code 6 or 7 be a better fit? Any other suggestions?

Thanks man and look forward to finding more fairways and shorter approch shots!!

ROBO!!! or anyone

still have to tell me who you are bro!

anyways....

with the prices on these things dropping, the ho in me growing and this thread growing i'm ready to make the jump but not sure on where to go exactly...

my swing speed is 105+

i'm swinging a 09 burner tp 8.5 with f6m2 stiff that strays to the right on me. then while switching shafts i tried my buddies nike 5900 with stock shaft and was bombing it! straight and long. my old tour burner with f6m2 had a nice middle low flight that kept me in the middle, but was shorter than the nike.

obviously i'd like the best of both worlds, long and straight. my miss is usually a fade...

should i go with a 9*F or a 9*X?

how is the stock shaft, or an aldila proto in these things?

Most importantly, my swing is getting better and faster as i take more lessons, I also have an aldila XPP6 waiting to go into something... could any of these combo's or heads be the answer?

WHAT'S UP BRIGADE ....

Gang ... I put a Tour X Axiv Black in an X & F head .... Ummmmm .... WOW ......

I have that in my L5 - F Speed & now the L4 ... I love the Axiv

Gents & Ladies date.gif ... L4 / Axiv - KILLER COMBO ... Its going into play manana .. i have a grudge match - and the big stick is coming with

GOOD to hear all the reviews - Playing catch up

The real answer is COBRAs last few generations of drivers are the REAL DEAL ... I'll put them up against anything .... and I HAVE bought them all ... They are all gone now ... COBRA has the BIGDOGs on the block right now - PERIOD

i have the f in 10 with stock reg/shaft ss100 but back probs so a firm reg rather than stiff would be good,do you think a prolaunch red or voodoo rvs6 would get the launch down as i tend to balloon the normal reg shaft.i have heard the voodoo plays firmer than a normal reg(gen/voodoo) has anyone tried these shafts. cheers.

Ok, I'm going to try the black axiv, 105 ss, should I go X or S with the head weight, thinkin' 79 gm shaft.....

I'll give you a shout in lil bit ;)

I am thinking S .... especially at that shaft weight ... I am a believer of this shaft

I am headed your way in 3 weeks-ish ... May have to tee'm up !!!!

I'm glad you said that 'cause I have already order the S!! Let me know when you get close and if you want to come to the Bull I'll comp your round, if not I will meet you just about anywhere in the area (state of Ky!)

Hit my L4V F with XPP6 today. Gonna take it to the course tomorrow or the next day. Good launch with minimal dispersion. And for all of those who say the XPP6 is impossible to hit, think again. Almost wishing I had it tipped. Felt "loose". But, straight trumps all else :partytime2: Interested to find the spin rates compared against the PM 702X. Appears to be substantially LOWER.

God Bless

Jer

any up date on this combo? what's your ss? i'm around 105 and considering this exact same combo...

I have to say how much I love this driver. I went thru quite a few drivers in the last year and just really really like this driver. I have a slower swing speed and usually only hit about 220 or so. Its early yet this season and Ihaven't played alot, but I can see a noticeable difference in distance already. I am in mid/late season spots on the fairway, but its only spring with damp wet grass and plugs. I am usually looking for the next great thing, but since I got this driver for xmas and started playing with it this season I can say I don't even care to hit another driver.

Swung my L4V for the first time today in a scramble and struggled with it at first. Played a second 18 this afternoon and it was a totally different beast. Straight and long! Feel is great, stock Redboard is a little whippy but its got a smooth kick and gives me a nice boring flight. I also swung my MX560 a bunch today and that was bombing it out there too. The L4V is straighter by far though. Mishits result in just a push or pull that flies dead straight, very little sidespin compared to the MX560 and the FT-5 Tour. Face seems dead square compared to the MX560 (closed) and the FT-5 Tour (open). Glad I finally took the plunge thanks mostly to this thread!