2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

A Different Kind of Rules Violation!

No. RI courses HAVE to apply certain distancing rules or they have to close. They are monitored daily. These guys didn't expose anyone, other than themselves and the dufus that agreed to pick them up, to anything more than a violation of the law. I find it humorous because justice was served to so idiots that thought they were above the law.

BT

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Do other states have similar rules in place allowing only state residents on their course? If I lived in Michigan very near the Ohio border could I drive across to Ohio where golf is still open and play?

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

The USTA (tennis version of the USGA) has recommended 'a pause' in play for tennis. https://www.usta.com/en/home/stay-current/pacificnw/usta-pnw-coronavirus-covid-19-update.html . Tennis would appear to be a higher risk activity than is golf. There are shared balls, continuous occupation of the same 'smallish' space (compared to golf), the play of the game (doubles) will tend to force occasional less than 6' spacing, etc. But the difference is not exactly night and day.

I have stopped playing as have roughly 1/3rd of the players in my usual golfing groups. I would view golf as a tough question. Golf is a particularly tough business in a shutdown environment as many of the expenses (mostly course maintenance and the very high capital expense) don't change much with no play.

dave

This could get muddy quick when someone challenges some of these “ orders” . Won’t say more without starting an argument.

But in this case it will hold up. The offenders weren’t denied travel , but were simply arrested for not quarantining first. The quarantine part is the actual infraction. Not crossing the border to play golf. They could cross , quarantine for 14 days then stay and play all they want. At least thats how I read it. Or am I missing something about “ only state residents “. The listed governors order just mentions anyone traveling for “ non work related purpose “ must quarantine for 14 days. No mention I see of courses only for residents. That maybe a course rule. But that doesn’t make it against the law.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

As a law curious person, I doubt they will actually be charged with anything. It's a bit vague about when you have to start your quarantine or that you can't return to your own state. You are denied interstate travel if the law is that once you cross into Rhode Island you can't leave for 14 days. I'm very curious if these state quarantine "laws" are even legal. The short bit of research I did showed that quarantine orders apply to named persons, not to the public as a whole. Seems very arbitrary that the quarantine order applies to some people and not others. The threat of mandatory quarantine is clearly there to limit and intimidate interstate travel. Not clear to me if states have the legal basis to limit or interfere with interstate travel in this manner.

'I assume that the statement that your vehicle papers in your country have information on the occupants is simply an error on your part.'

No, it is true. For example, if I buy a car and I borrow money for that from a financier it is that financier that owns the car until I have payed it in full and I am the occupant. Both parties are written in the registration document of the vehicle in question.

Why did you think it is an error?

'a 'resident of New York cannot get a driver's license from California (in principle).'

Why would that be necessary? If you have a NY licence are you not allowed to drive a car in Cal ?

@Mr. Bean I think we are using the term occupant differently. To me a car containing four people has four occupants. You seem to have a more narrow view of the term.
A common reason that a person living in State X might get a driver's license in State Y would be the case where the driver had enough driving violations that his/her license was suspended in State X. So some folks would just go to a neighboring state and get another license. That is harder these days than it was a few decades back. There are other scenarios.
dave

Occupant in the dictionary I used means the person who is controlling the vehicle, i.e. is the person using it but not owning it (as in my example), but not just the person who drives it. There must be other words for the same meaning.

'A common reason that a person living in State X might get a driver's license in State Y would be the case where the driver had enough driving violations that his/her license was suspended in State X. So some folks would just go to a neighboring state and get another license. That is harder these days than it was a few decades back. There are other scenarios.'

This is simply fascinating! In Europe you cannot get a DL from another country unless you are a resident there. Which, once again, the authorities can check from their databases. Is it really the case that the individual states in US do not have knowledge who are the residents in that particular state?

@Mr. Bean "This is simply fascinating! In Europe you cannot get a DL from another country unless you are a resident there. Which, once again, the authorities can check from their databases. Is it really the case that the individual states in US do not have knowledge who are the residents in that particular state?"
Same across the states in the US. There was time when checking between states was a bit hit or miss, but that is not the case these days. It gets more interesting when folks (for example) live 'up north' in the summer and 'down south' in the winter.
dave

If I buy a car and I borrow money for that from a financier it is that financier that owns the car until I have payed it in full and I am the occupant. Both parties are written in the registration document of the vehicle in question.

Not in this European county.

The Vehicle Registration Document records only the "Registered Keeper". This does not necessarily meant the financial owner. However they have legal liability for motoring offences (unless someone else was driving.Occupant

a person, family, group, or organization that lives in, occupies, or has quarters or space in or on something:the occupant of a taxicab; the occupants of the building.

a tenant of a house, estate, office, etc.; resident.Law.

an owner through occupancy.one who is in actual possession.