Nordberg Putters

1 hour ago, cohenfive said:

Is anyone willing to share price information on his putters? They look fantastic, but I don't know if they cost $300 or $800 for a relatively standard configuration.

He's super responsive on Instagram which is the best place to contact him. Prices are 499 for solid carbon or stainless. With a CU insert it's 549. I'm sure if you do some extra then it will cost extra. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

My Halvdan has now arrived, and I had my first round with it yesterday.  It felt great right from the start, is beautifully balanced and weighted, looks even better in person, and I had 4 or 5 putts fewer than my recent average.  Delighted!!

I couldn't recommend Christian more.  I'll almost certainly order another putter from him in the next few months, possibly a mallet headshape of some kind.

• Like 2
  • PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

2 hours ago, coreyhr said:

My Halvdan CU came in yesterday and I couldn't be happier with it. Everything about it screams quality. If you've been itching for a Buttonback, I'd seriously consider one of these instead. Less than half the price, and I can guarantee you the Nordberg is higher quality. Christian is very responsive and the whole experience was a good one. I was able to get it out on the putting green yesterday for a little while. Here are some pics as well as a video to show the acoustics of the putter. 

IMG-0257.jpg.a41c01a68d197b7f14b4e48373c45cdd.jpgIMG-0258.jpg.ba26ed6d71b877223d08faf3bca5d05f.jpg

That insert and milling must be super soft. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

I'm chatting with Christian to have a fine mill for my CU insert to manage the softness.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

2 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

That insert and milling must be super soft. 

This question is always so hard to answer due to how vastly everybody varies on personal preference of putter feel. To me, it's a nice in-between feel. I've putted with much softer putters and I've putted with much firmer putters. This one to me is just a solid feel, but no where near being considered "mushy". That's just my interpretation of it, someone else may roll it and think it feels like a marshmallow. But I don't find that to be the case at all. To me, it would best compare to a carbon head with light milling. I have a carbon Bettinardi with Fit Face that is much softer than this putter. 

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

1 minute ago, coreyhr said:

This question is always so hard to answer due to how vastly everybody varies on personal preference of putter feel. To me, it's a nice in-between feel. I've putted with much softer putters and I've putted with much firmer putters. This one to me is just a solid feel, but no where near being considered "mushy". That's just my interpretation of it, someone else may roll it and think it feels like a marshmallow. But I don't find that to be the case at all. To me, it would best compare to a carbon head with light milling. I have a carbon Bettinardi with Fit Face that is much softer than this putter. 

Good to hear you like it, the look is really cool but if I was to do one I'd do no milling or maybe light milling. I don't mind soft but like you don't like mush or marshmallow. My current gamer has deeper milling and I wasn't quite pleased when I got it until I rolled it a bit now I'm fine. So usages can change things too. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Good to hear you like it, the look is really cool but if I was to do one I'd do no milling or maybe light milling. I don't mind soft but like you don't like mush or marshmallow. My current gamer has deeper milling and I wasn't quite pleased when I got it until I rolled it a bit now I'm fine. So usages can change things too. 

I completely understand that. I will say this... I struggle with speed when using my Betti because I feel like I have to kill it to get it to the hole. It doesn't appear that's going to be an issue with this putter. I don't feel like I have to put something extra in to the putt to get it there. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

22 minutes ago, coreyhr said:

I completely understand that. I will say this... I struggle with speed when using my Betti because I feel like I have to kill it to get it to the hole. It doesn't appear that's going to be an issue with this putter. I don't feel like I have to put something extra in to the putt to get it there. 

Oh yeah that's definitely a struggle with those really soft putters, won't lie if I didn't feel the same thing. But for that try a much longer stroke vs trying to kill it, results will be better. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

I was expecting the insert with the deep milling to be very soft but have found it isn't on my Hakon CU. Almost in between compared to the deep milling of say a Cleveland HB soft. I think the softest putter I owned recently according to my feel has been the Mizuno M Craft putter. Those things are so soft it's crazy. Regardless, love my Hakon CU and Christian is great to work with.

• Like 4

Payment made.. Now for the wait.   Hopefully it'll be much shorter than the headsup 4 months.

• Like 2

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Geez. There are a lot of mushy assumption talk going on in this thread 🤣

My Nordberg does definitely not have this, even with the deep facemilling and an average golf ball. Listen to the video of the guy who posted a video, mine sounds quite the same. Remember that the ball you pick to play is part of the equation.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Max LS 9*, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

Cobra F9 3-4 wood, Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0

TaylorMade P790 2 UDI, Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0

Mizuno MP20 4-9, Project X 6.5

Artisan 48*, 54* and 60*, Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport, KBS CT Tour Chrome

5 hours ago, Bsch189 said:

Geez. There are a lot of mushy assumption talk going on in this thread 🤣

My Nordberg does definitely not have this, even with the deep facemilling and an average golf ball. Listen to the video of the guy who posted a video, mine sounds quite the same. Remember that the ball you pick to play is part of the equation.

Seeing as this is probably directed at me 🙃 I can have assumptions about the feel based on the material and milling for a brand relatively new with little to no reviews. Now that I know it's not as soft as I thought I won't say it's mushy, but it could still feel that to me and if I'm dropping 500+ on a putter I want it to be where I like it. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

31 minutes ago, smjoneill said:

Got my Håkon in the post today and it’s absolutely awesome - workmanship and feel exceeded already high expectations. Christian was ace, I’d have no qualms recommending him to anyone, or indeed getting another model myself. I know there were some here with concerns about the deep milling feeling like mush but that’s not the case for me, it’s soft but responsive, feels great honestly... 

222F84B1-5992-40D5-B249-43F8AE63EBD6.jpeg

D2D12843-3380-4BBA-8EA3-CBF4B936021E.jpeg

691FEB07-B975-441F-97E0-863ACAD6D6F7.jpeg

82235D46-6BA7-4B69-BCAA-CD4FF08AE0C0.jpeg

38DA187A-C2AF-471F-8194-4EE6D6A00136.jpeg

Very nice finish what is that one called? 

Also love the stitching on the headcover. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Humble said:

I asked Christian about it and he says it’s brushed after blasting the head with satin then torched to a blue/purple. He doesn’t have a name for it.

Tell him to call it BBT. Blasted, Brushed, Torched. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

8 hours ago, Humble said:

Been speaking with Christian over Instagram , awesome dude . Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. 

Getting ready to order a center shaft hakon with black pvd finish and a smooth copper face and a black shaft. Very excited for this build. 

The smooth copper face does look very good.  I'm wondering  if I should switch to that from the fine fly mill I discussed with Christian.

Just ordered this guy that I saw on his Instagram feed.  Being left eye dominant and right handed,  I find that I can see my line better with a center shaft and no offset. Tried a couple of SeeMores and a L.A.B. B2 but for me they were lacking in the looks and feel department. Pretty excited that this has smooth face as I have been rolling a Piretti GOAT and have come to love the feel of a smooth face. 

834AD205-65ED-4DC3-93A1-5317D437B957.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 3:52 AM, ColinKelvin said:

It's shipping just now via FedEx but based on a recent experience with importing a PLD Ping into the UK, I am pretty sure it will take a further week to clear customs...

Forged stainless steel with deep milling.  Blasted to matte finish, torched, and brushed with darkener for patina finish. 350g.  My choice of stamping, shaft and grip.  Here is the torched stage, which I was tempted to say "stop!" at and just keep like that: 

FernJura3.jpg

After seeing this pic , Christian is gonna make my hakon similar to this one. The black and copper was gonna look sleek but really like this unique look.

• Like 2

That smooth face CU insert is really starting to look good to me.

Spoke to Christian a couple of days back to switch my CU insert to a smooth face.  Slightly more than a couple of months more hopefully to receiving my Nordberg.

I have 2 Halvdan on order for a friend and I.  Both in battleworn GM finish. Mine will have the smooth CU insert.

• Like 2