2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Nordberg Putters

3 hours ago, finchi5 said:

I kinda know what was going on here, and there were issues out of Christians control. Then paypal have messed him about as it was over six months. Sometimes people jump on the bad wagon when they don’t know the entire storey. There is a large OEM (not saying who) there with tens of thousands of heads sat there and have been for several months as they can’t get shafts or grips for them to be built and sent to the UK. These are paid customer orders and they haven’t informed customers. You don’t see that blasted all over GolfWRX. 

Yes there is, go over to the Equipment forum people are complaining about how their irons are taking 6 month, guys waiting on a stock putters for several months, people cancelling orders with Brand X and going to Brand Y or Z because they can get clubs in a few weeks. It just gets swept down a few pages because people asking if they should play blades or what driver to get as a 25cap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Yes there is, go over to the Equipment forum people are complaining about how their irons are taking 6 month, guys waiting on a stock putters for several months, people cancelling orders with Brand X and going to Brand Y or Z because they can get clubs in a few weeks. It just gets swept down a few pages because people asking if they should play blades or what driver to get as a 25cap.

I’ve been waiting over 18 months for a kbs order, I’ve given up and cancelled it and in the meantime I ordered with nippon and they still took 9 months. No fault of their own either, they were stuck on a ship in a port in Japan for 4 months. Now Golf pride can’t supply grips. Crazy times we are in 

• Like 1

I really hope Nordberg isn't taking any more custom orders until he can get his business and communication sorted out.  There is no reason someone should have to wait 7 months for a putter and then not be able to contact the Nordberg for over a month.  This is pretty typical with small putter makers.  They make a great product and demand overwhelms them.  A company is only as good as their customer service.

7 hours ago, finchi5 said:

It’s a fine balance being self employed, especially when you are a one man band. Answering emails, Facebook, instagram messages takes hours and hours. I know I spent 2-3 hours a day (usually at night) typing replies. Then there’s the proper work in the workshop. 
Yes we now live in a world where things can happen almost instantly but the world of bespoke is the complete opposite, things take time and people must respect that. We all become rather impatient and a little selfish over recent years all because we can have pretty much everything we want on demand. 
We are all human and mistakes will be made, just a little bit of leeway wouldn’t go amiss sometimes. Im sure Christian didn’t want to cancel the order, why would he? It loses him money and a customer at the end of things, but there are sometimes things beyond control. 
Just my opinion but unless you work in this industry you’ve no idea how much effort people put in to get/make you guys a product of quality that you want and expect of small putter makers. 

Wouldn't you rather not take the order from the beginning as opposed to dragging someone along for 7 months and refunding them after all that time?  It is just a really bad look.  You should know what your backlog is and stop taking orders when you have too much on the table.  You should have better time management and communication as a business owner.  He probably knew for many months he wouldn't deliver the putter that was promised but it took the customer reaching out to have to ask for a refund.  

Edited by zip7111

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Edited by coreyhr

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, Ted2 said:

What are the chances there are 5 other lefties that would be open to buying this?

Being a lefty is rough......

Picture11.jpg

Picture22.jpg

Picture33.jpg

@Nordberg, does anyone know what model this is and if it’s available in RH?

Ping G430 LST 10.5°(playing 9°) Tour 65x

Ping G430 Max 15°(playing 14°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F5T

Ping G425 Max 20.5°(playing 19°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 9F5T

Ping i230 4 iron (Power Spec) LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105x

Ping i230 5&6 iron (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping i59 7-PW (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping Glide Forged Pro 50° PX LS 6.5

Mizuno T22 54°&58° MMT Wedge 105TX

Nordberg Eirik Flowneck

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a long term review of their Nordberg putter? Has it remained in the bag? How’s the finish you have held up?

Ping G430 LST 10.5°(playing 9°) Tour 65x

Ping G430 Max 15°(playing 14°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F5T

Ping G425 Max 20.5°(playing 19°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 9F5T

Ping i230 4 iron (Power Spec) LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105x

Ping i230 5&6 iron (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping i59 7-PW (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping Glide Forged Pro 50° PX LS 6.5

Mizuno T22 54°&58° MMT Wedge 105TX

Nordberg Eirik Flowneck

• 2 months later...

Found this topic while googling if Nordberg putters is a scam or not.   I doubt it from the people who have received their putters in this thread.   I’ve been waiting since 2020 for one I ordered when contacting thru Instagram.   I’ve been strung along several times with assurances it’s coming within a month, or even the finishing touches are being done.   At one point he offered me a second one because it took so long and then that wasn’t mentioned again.  

I really feel taken for a ride having paid the deposit and then the last few communications he’s ghosted me.  Since you can see when someone is online at Instagram it’s easy to see he is online, and he continues to post there.   Seeing him chide someone earlier in this thread makes me angry.   Apparently he took my money and then he decided he didn’t want to do business with me and kept the money.  

Just my opinion…I’ve ordered 4 custom putters I’ve received 

National Custom

Tom Slighter

Tp Mills

Mack Made and just ordered my 2nd from him. 
In every build I’ve been quoted a lead time after the initial build sheet. Most have been 7-10 weeks. At that point I don’t expect much communication because they aren’t working on my project yet. The few times I reached out to add or make changes I received replies in a reasonable timeframe. Under 48 hours. When it came time for my build I received constant and thorough communication and verification that they are proceeding to my specs and wishes. All 4 putters arrived to my door darn near on the quoted timeline. My question is, why would anyone order from anybody that can’t keep their business in order to meet a quoted timeline or communicate clearly any holdups. Honesty means something. Bad news is not wine, it doesn’t get better with age. I read of issues with some of these putter makers and I would never even consider ordering from them. Let alone give them a nickel of my money. There are far too many small companies that run first class operations to waste my time on flakes. I will support those companies and spread the word as much as possible to help promote their operations. Also I am not comfortable with anyone who does their communication via Instagram or Facebook. I have an email or a phone number. There is something way more personal with communication by phone. 

Edited by mogc60
  • Like 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

16 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Found this topic while googling if Nordberg putters is a scam or not.   I doubt it from the people who have received their putters in this thread.   I’ve been waiting since 2020 for one I ordered when contacting thru Instagram.   I’ve been strung along several times with assurances it’s coming within a month, or even the finishing touches are being done.   At one point he offered me a second one because it took so long and then that wasn’t mentioned again.  

I really feel taken for a ride having paid the deposit and then the last few communications he’s ghosted me.  Since you can see when someone is online at Instagram it’s easy to see he is online, and he continues to post there.   Seeing him chide someone earlier in this thread makes me angry.   Apparently he took my money and then he decided he didn’t want to do business with me and kept the money.  

That’s crazy!!  So disappointing to hear as his putters look great, but now this is several people with similar claims. Hope it gets sorted out asap for you. 

On 5/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, Drew-1986 said:

Does anyone have a long term review of their Nordberg putter? Has it remained in the bag? How’s the finish you have held up?

I wound up getting a center shafted blade putter with copper inserts (one with mid/deep milling and one with no milling).  I had a pretty locked in gamer at the time and this putter actually found a lot of time in the bag.  I bought it used so the lie angle isn't to my preference, which is the only reason it hasn't been in my bag full time.  The quality was very nice although I did run into issues with the screws after changing the inserts a couple times.  That being said, it's still a very well made putter and the finish looks practically new after 25+ rounds.

So as far as quality goes, I would recommend.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure how the putter makers in the US have found things over the past few years but us guys in europe have really struggled. Getting steel, shafts, and grips not to mention booking machine time with machine shops has been an absolute nightmare. Quite a few of the smaller makers in the US have their own cnc machines which makes things a lot simpler and quicker than sending your files to a third party (which even scotty does - he doesn’t have his own machine shop) 

Supply has been a massive issue. Christian is a genuinely nice guy who loves his craft and puts many many hours in especially for a one man band. I think his products will only get better with time, it’s just making sure the supply is there to speed up assembly etc. I waited two years for my nippon shaft order to arrive and had putter heads sat there waiting that customers had ordered from me so I feel his pain there and I wish him all the best. Just give him a chance. 

20 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Have you had a refund or not?

32 minutes ago, finchi5 said:

Not sure how the putter makers in the US have found things over the past few years but us guys in europe have really struggled. Getting steel, shafts, and grips not to mention booking machine time with machine shops has been an absolute nightmare. Quite a few of the smaller makers in the US have their own cnc machines which makes things a lot simpler and quicker than sending your files to a third party (which even scotty does - he doesn’t have his own machine shop) 

Supply has been a massive issue. Christian is a genuinely nice guy who loves his craft and puts many many hours in especially for a one man band. I think his products will only get better with time, it’s just making sure the supply is there to speed up assembly etc. I waited two years for my nippon shaft order to arrive and had putter heads sat there waiting that customers had ordered from me so I feel his pain there and I wish him all the best. Just give him a chance. 

First off, you do beautiful work. Very impressive from what I’ve seen online. Every industry has had big challenges the past few years here as well. In my own work, equipment is back ordered 6 months to 2 years and parts for repairs are brutal to get in or to build stock on. But communication is vital to our customers. I have to be prompt and honest with communication or I will lose my 650 accounts that I call on. It’s been tough but hiding from tough situations kills your reputation and it doesn’t matter if I work for the second largest equipment company in North America if I can’t be honest in my dealings with my customers. They will go elsewhere. I’ve found people are much more understanding of the roadblocks if they are brought to light immediately rather than too late. 
When my putter head from MackMade was finished I had originally ordered a black shaft. Well as we all know those are basically non existent and Josey didn’t have any. No worries…I just had him ship me the head only as I had shafts from other putters I could use. I appreciated him addressing this as soon as he started my build and like most people I was flexible and understanding. There are the few that haven’t paid any attention to anything the past few years that are shocked at delays but I honestly believe most people have a level of understanding and flexibility. I wish all small boutique shops the best and wish I could support them all, but I hate reading about customers getting stiffed and blown off with no response or product. Bad business no matter the situation. 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

24 minutes ago, mogc60 said:

First off, you do beautiful work. Very impressive from what I’ve seen online. Every industry has had big challenges the past few years here as well. In my own work, equipment is back ordered 6 months to 2 years and parts for repairs are brutal to get in or to build stock on. But communication is vital to our customers. I have to be prompt and honest with communication or I will lose my 650 accounts that I call on. It’s been tough but hiding from tough situations kills your reputation and it doesn’t matter if I work for the second largest equipment company in North America if I can’t be honest in my dealings with my customers. They will go elsewhere. I’ve found people are much more understanding of the roadblocks if they are brought to light immediately rather than too late. 
When my putter head from MackMade was finished I had originally ordered a black shaft. Well as we all know those are basically non existent and Josey didn’t have any. No worries…I just had him ship me the head only as I had shafts from other putters I could use. I appreciated him addressing this as soon as he started my build and like most people I was flexible and understanding. There are the few that haven’t paid any attention to anything the past few years that are shocked at delays but I honestly believe most people have a level of understanding and flexibility. I wish all small boutique shops the best and wish I could support them all, but I hate reading about customers getting stiffed and blown off with no response or product. Bad business no matter the situation. 

Thank you that’s a nice compliment. To be honest I’m pretty crap at keeping on top of messages but when you get around 250 a week it’s impossible to keep on top of as well as doing the work. I’m pretty open with people to be honest if things can’t work. Makes life easier. I think Christian had a problem with the factory QC which put massive strain on productivity and also financially. Also there are some people who just get their backs up and want an argument. Having spent over 20 years in high end retail I’ve had a few over the years that just will not accept anything you offer or say. You can’t win with some people and usually they are the ones who post the negative things related to a business, even though they may be a minute percentage of that company’s business and the rest is very good, it just doesn’t get reported or posted as often. However, every day is a school day and I assume Christian is taking comments onboard and he’s trying his best to run his business the best he can for his customers. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:30 PM, Drew-1986 said:

I got my Nordberg Halvdan just over a year ago, and it's in rotation with a few others but it still gets regular use. Mine is darkened forged stainless and the finish has been robust. The putter feels beautifully weighted and I've putted well on a couple of Open rota courses with it.

I found Christian to be approachable and very pleasant to deal with, and I'd certainly trust him with another order.

Nordb (0).JPG

Nordb (5).JPG

Nordb (6).JPG

Nordb (7).JPG

• Like 3
  • PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

2 hours ago, ColinKelvin said:

I got my Nordberg Halvdan just over a year ago, and it's in rotation with a few others but it still gets regular use. Mine is darkened forged stainless and the finish has been robust. The putter feels beautifully weighted and I've putted well on a couple of Open rota courses with it.

I found Christian to be approachable and very pleasant to deal with, and I'd certainly trust him with another order.

Nordb (0).JPG

Nordb (5).JPG

Nordb (6).JPG

Nordb (7).JPG

That is a great looking raw finish look on stainless! Has the finish changed of the course of use?

I don’t get all these grown a** man-babies complaining in this thread. Sure, things can take time, but to me it seems he’s busy. Imagine being called a robber and criminal because an order takes longer time than estimated. Good riddance to those people, I’m sure they must have been difficult to deal with too.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9*, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

Cobra F9 3-4 wood, Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0

TaylorMade P790 2 UDI, Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0

Mizuno MP20 4-9, Project X 6.5

Artisan 48*, 54* and 60*, Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport, KBS CT Tour Chrome

10 minutes ago, Bsch189 said:

That is a great looking raw finish look on stainless! Has the finish changed of the course of use?

I don’t get all these grown a** man-babies complaining in this thread. Sure, things can take time, but to me it seems he’s busy. Imagine being called a robber and criminal because an order takes longer time than estimated. Good riddance to those people, I’m sure they must have been difficult to deal with too.

You can’t sympathise at all with the guy above who ordered his putter in 2020, was presumably expecting it to be delivered around 6 months later, been told repeatedly that it will arrive shortly and still doesn’t have it?

suppose it’s more about expectations than delays to be honest. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GBGolfingtons said:

You can’t sympathise at all with the guy above who ordered his putter in 2020, was presumably expecting it to be delivered around 6 months later, been told repeatedly that it will arrive shortly and still doesn’t have it?

suppose it’s more about expectations than delays to be honest. 

Of course I can sympathise with that.

A deposit is not a fully paid order though? Sounds like a prolonged preorder, a lot has happened in the ongoing pandemic. I am sure there is one or more reasons why it didn’t start or got delayed too. We all damn know a maker doesn’t take your money and run off. That bothers me as a happy Nordberg customer.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9*, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

Cobra F9 3-4 wood, Hzrdus Yellow Handcrafted 6.0

TaylorMade P790 2 UDI, Hzrdus Black Handcrafted 6.0

Mizuno MP20 4-9, Project X 6.5

Artisan 48*, 54* and 60*, Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport, KBS CT Tour Chrome